Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Besides all the Mavs hate, you guys do have the best NBA forum...ours isn't near this nice and user friendly.

With this year's success, I assume that to change though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's that 2006 parade going?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha...nice to break in Mavs fans early.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The parade was GREAT!!! Cuban wore his Speedo as promised. He had Nohitzki at his feet on a choker chain eating out of a dog bowl and Stern hanging in effigy from the gallows at the back of his float.

Howard was on another float practicing free throws, Terry was doing some work on the speed bag, Stackhouse was singing some gansta rap tune and Dampier was just standing there imitating an NBA center (he couldn't even catch any of the panties the groupies were throwing at him).

Mayor Laura Miller was quoted as saying she was glad she had announced the parade early so everyone knew well in advance what day they needed to call in sick.

It was a great day here in Big D!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're still looking for a cliff in Dallas to route it over.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Get used to this. You compliment them or just try to talk hoops and you normally get thrown under the bus on this forum. You just have to fight thru it to be able to talk to the decent posters.

The Usual Suspect
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The parade was GREAT!!! Cuban wore his Speedo as promised. He had Nohitzki at his feet on a choker chain eating out of a dog bowl and Stern hanging in effigy from the gallows at the back of his float.

Howard was on another float practicing free throws, Terry was doing some work on the speed bag, Stackhouse was singing some gansta rap tune and Dampier was just standing there imitating an NBA center (he couldn't even catch any of the panties the groupies were throwing at him).

Mayor Laura Miller was quoted as saying she was glad she had announced the parade early so everyone knew well in advance what day they needed to call in sick.

Hilarious! You're a good sport!

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have a mavericks fan who is a good sport

The Usual Suspect
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get used to this. You compliment them or just try to talk hoops and you normally get thrown under the bus on this forum. You just have to fight thru it to be able to talk to the decent posters.
    That is not true. If you treat the posters here with respect and don't act like you think they are stupid, they will treat you the same. But, don't expect to come in here trash-talking about the Spurs and get patted on the head, that ain't gonna happen. And you are gonna have to put up with a little dissing and smashing of the Mavs for awhile. The wound is still new (and most of it is true, anyway ).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah and it was totally sincere : Expect that to change (after our recent success).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides all the Mavs hate, you guys do have the best NBA forum...ours isn't near this nice and user friendly.

I was checking out your forum and it appears that most the posters don't seem to want it to change. They seem to like the smaller more personal sight.

The Usual Suspect
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're still looking for a cliff in Dallas to route it over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have to give you props.

You and Leonard are the two best Mavsfans here.

Our fishing trip wasn't that great. It was too early for us. We normally don't fish until July (kind of like how Lucy says that she never eats December snowflakes because they are not ripe).

Some members of our team weren't there so
    We hired a private detective to try to find them: Horry and Tony Parker.

Manu was so discouraged that he didn't catch anything that we finally broke down and got him a psychologist.

All the fish that Pop caught were so small that they had to be thrown back.

It was an interesting fishing trip.
    Last edited by themanurules; 06-23-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That is not true. If you treat the posters here with respect and don't act like you think they are stupid, they will treat you the same. But, don't expect to come in here trash-talking about the Spurs and get patted on the head, that ain't gonna happen. And you are gonna have to put up with a little dissing and smashing of the Mavs for awhile. The wound is still new (and most of it is true, anyway ).
    All I've tried to do on this forum is try to talk hoops. I've not talked one bit of trash and I still get dogged by a lot of posters. It's getting better but mostly because I have been responding to posters I know that are cool. The only time I've been rude is when I've been attacked.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I've tried to do on this forum is try to talk hoops. I've not talked one bit of trash and I still get dogged by a lot of posters. It's getting better but mostly because I have been responding to posters I know that are cool. The only time I've been rude is when I've been attacked.

don't worry about pache, she's one of the most myopic homers on spurstalk.

The Usual Suspect
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't worry about pache, she's one of the most myopic homers on spurstalk.
    That I am. I try to keep an open mind, though, which is more than I can say for some.

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll get better man.
    Not ALL members here are bas s.
    Give it some time and sooner or later people will lighten up.
    But for now its fun to rub the choke job dallas did in mavrick fans faces.
    Sorry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow the Spurs board is better than the Mavs board?

THATS unexpected!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    rayray has a great sig .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rayray has a great sig .
    But it needs to be smaller. It blows the margins of the page.

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it needs to be smaller. It blows the margins of the page.
    Gottcha.
    You should of told me sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs fans need to understand that a lot of Spurs fans are still bitter and defensive when a Mavs fan posts anything.

Part of it has to do with the Spurs losing, part of it is about hating Cuban, but most of it has to do with what assholes Mavs fans were on this forum during the series. It was overwhelming.

Anyway, we are all past that now and the Mavs fans that have stuck around are cool. So I'd expect that Spurs fans will start behaving more civil.

Thanks.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have been banned or censored from every forum but this one....I don’t quite know how to take that....

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mavs fans need to understand that a lot of Spurs fans are still bitter and defensive when a Mavs fan posts anything.

Part of it has to do with the Spurs losing, part of it is about hating Cuban, but most of it has to do with what assholes Mavs fans were on this forum during the series. It was overwhelming.

Anyway, we are all past that now and the Mavs fans that have stuck around are cool. So I'd expect that Spurs fans will start behaving more civil.

Thanks.
    They're starting to come around. I knew they would which is why I've stuck around.

Thread Information