PDA

View Full Version : Termination Papers Served To Bill O"Reilly Accuser

Nbadan
10-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Talk about timely downsizing..

Tells judge it's not retaliation

Scandal-hit Fox News moved yesterday to fire an employee who says she was sexually harassed by Bill O'Reilly - but wants a judge to declare the canning isn't retribution.

Andrea Mackris, 33, said she was served legal papers about her termination by a man lying in wait for her at her Manhattan apartment building.

The documents said Fox had asked a judge to let the TV station dump her from a $93,200-a-year job as associate producer on "The O'Reilly Factor" - and to rule that the firing was not in retaliation for her accusations about the show's host.

Mackris sued O'Reilly and Fox News on Wednesday, saying her boss had made "disgusting" phone calls to her. O'Reilly sued Mackris the same day, alleging extortion.

New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/242845p-208086c.html)

Of course it was her fault. She was probably dressing as a slut and any red blooded man would have assumed she was asking for it and acted just like O'Lielly. She may have said "no" but she really meant "yes". <sarcasm off>

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Someone who condones blocking our service people overseas from voting shouldn't be invoking any sarcasm tags or lectures on morals.

SpursWoman
10-17-2004, 12:10 AM
btw, have any of you read the deposition or whatever regarding her case?

Even though I like his show I'm certainly not defending him, but did you see how long she stayed on the phone with him?!? If I were being oh, so offended, I'd have just hung the hell up. :wtf

It's some pretty hot reading, though. :cooldevil

Kori Ellis
10-17-2004, 12:32 AM
That's what cracked me up -- he "forced her into phone sex" :lol Just hang up!

Bambi
10-17-2004, 01:29 AM
That's what cracked me up -- he "forced her into phone sex" :lol Just hang up!

I know. Has the woman never heard of hanging up the phone?.... Uh... you know... put the reciever down. Um.... you can do that when you don't like what you're listening to. You really can. I've done it before. Works like a charm! All the recording equipment now.....er.... you can screen your calls and you don't have to answer anyone you don't like to talk to. EVER. :rolleyes

Bambi
10-17-2004, 02:15 AM
I have a real problem with her response time to this, her behavior during the alleged harassment and her willingness to let it continue AND that she quit and then went back for more!

If I were being harassed, I'd walk in the office with a baseball bat. The harasser's name would be on it, maybe in Calligraphy. I'd tell the harasser that the next time he'd best be prepared for a baseball bat upside the head, because there's NO WAY a job is worth that kind of crap.

This is not some little miniumum wage waitress or poor teenage kid flippin burgers to buy diapers for her baby, that kid may put up with it because they can see no way out...this woman obviously had an education and marketable job skills.

I don't care how unfair you think it is that you have to quit a job that you can do and that you like....IS IT REALLY WORTH YOUR SELF RESPECT?

If women really want to stop this type of harassment, scream, shout, let everyone including the guy in the mailroom know that it is happerning, and if it continues to happen QUIT.....

I'm not real big on women who put up with that kind of b.s. and then cry fowl months or even years after the fact. Not in this day and age.

The fact is that if you put up with it then it will NEVER change..........

....unless you are putting up with it in the hopes that eventually you have enough evidence to sue...........

travis2
10-17-2004, 05:31 AM
Hi Bambi...:)

Since you're new here, let me give you a little hint. There are some people in this forum who don't want to be bothered with trivial little things like facts. NBADan is one of them.

Hook Dem
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Hi Bambi...:)

Since you're new here, let me give you a little hint. There are some people in this forum who don't want to be bothered with trivial little things like facts. NBADan is one of them.
Of course not! It doesn't fit his agenda. :lol

dcole50
10-17-2004, 06:44 PM
This O'Reilly stuff is the funniest thing I've seen in the news in a long time. After having to hear his holier than thou attitude these past few years and then finding out the guy is a complete pervert .. it's just hilarious.

JoeChalupa
10-18-2004, 08:51 AM
You mess with the bull you get the horns.

Marcus Bryant
10-18-2004, 09:00 AM
The part of her story that doesn't add up is that (as I understand it) she went back to work for him. If he had been that bad for a number of years, why go back?

Not that the accusations made strike me as being something totally out of character for O'Reilly, but it seems odd that she would willingly go back to such an intolerable situation, especially when she had work elsewhere.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2004, 09:10 AM
There's no way those depositions could have been so detailed had she not recorded those phone calls. Bill had better settle before those surface. Kobe could weather something like that but he can't.

JoeChalupa
10-18-2004, 09:10 AM
If the accusations are true, she shouldn't have had to leave her position and she should have been able to go back to work.

But I'm still supporting Bill on this.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2004, 09:14 AM
She shouldn't have gotten the calls in the first place.
The documents said Fox had asked a judge to let the TV station dump her from a $93,200-a-year job as associate producer on "The O'Reilly Factor" - and to rule that the firing was not in retaliation for her accusations about the show's host.About as disingenuous as a lot of Fox's "news coverage."

Marcus Bryant
10-18-2004, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen anyone argue that such calls as described in her complaint were acceptable, but whether she actually received said calls in the first place.

Again, if he was that bad of an individual to work for, why'd she go back?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-18-2004, 09:22 AM
I've got to agree with those above who say she shouldn't have let this go on for as long as she did, and she loses credibility for that.

But if he did it, he did it. I just don't think that she should be as richly rewarded as she is claiming.

To those balking about her recording the conversations, though, wouldn't she have recieved flak if she has accused O'Reilly with only her recollection to back her up? I can't speak for New York's recording laws, but in Texas, you can record a conversation as long as one person knows the recording is taking place.

If she had come in with only her recollection, she'd have been slammed shut by many people as soon as the story broke, moreso that she is now.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Again, if he was that bad of an individual to work for, why'd she go back?

That might end up being what kills her case, MB.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2004, 09:28 AM
How many $90k/yr jobs have you guys walked out on?.

The tapes are gonna come out.

Marcus Bryant
10-18-2004, 09:31 AM
What did she have at CNN?

JoeChalupa
10-18-2004, 09:32 AM
She had every right to go back to her job.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I hope they do come out, CD.

I can understand about needing the work, but you also can't say that if she had the skills necessary, she couldn't have found a replacement job (fully replacing her previous income) eventually.

JoeChalupa
10-18-2004, 09:34 AM
If the accusations are true, she shouldn't have had to find a replacement job.

Bill could've just started his own 900 phone line.

Hook Dem
10-18-2004, 09:42 AM
A lawsuit filed at the "most appropriate" time. I would like to see what she looks like and know what her party affiliation is. And, with the Kobe thing still out there, why not! Ever hear of coat tails? Whether you like O'reily or not, this is another example of the lawsuits plauging America. Marv Albert survived and is flourishing now even though his assets are dwindled. All of these things cost big bucks and the lawyers are the only ones benefiting. Maybe we ought to ask Edwards about it. Thats why they bury lawyers 12 feet under. "DEEP DOWN, THEY'RE GOOD PEOPLE".
:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-18-2004, 09:44 AM
No, Chalupa...she shouldn't, but AFAIK, the records don't show her following what I'm sure would be in every employee handbook in America about following a chain of command about reporting abuse or harrassment.

What would FNC have done if she would have come forward? They probably would have found a way for her to keep her job, not let the abuse continue, and reprimand O'Reilly to her and their approval.

Hopefully.

attyjackiechiles
10-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Bill's comments were lewd, crude, outrageous!!
I can help take that silver foot out of his mouth.
Bill, you like to play...well you gotta pay!!
Your perversion is my conviction.

Useruser666
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
but did you see how long she stayed on the phone with him?!?

That's exactly what I thought. He is a perv if those tapes are true, but she is either dumb or deceptive by staying that long on the phone with him. "(Bzzzzzzzz.) What was that? Uhhh ummm that was my vibe. (Click, Click.) What was that? That was my tape recorder." If she wants 60 million for that, she's crazy. I could see $60,000 or maybe $93,000 for one year's salary, but damn! I guess I have to dress sleazier and hope to be harassed by some woman at work.

SpursWoman
10-18-2004, 09:52 AM
You know, everywhere I've ever worked I've always been surrounded by a bunch of perverted men.

Maybe I should be cashing in instead of handing it right back....... :wtf

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2004, 10:19 AM
uhhhh...whats wrong with phone sex?... :lol

Useruser666
10-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Conference call anyone?

SpursWoman
10-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Conference call anyone?

:lol :rollin

I'm in!

Useruser666
10-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Let me just put it on speakerphone!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Remember, in Texas, only I have to know I'm recording the conversation.

God Bless digital recorders.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
seriously...has anyone in here really NOT had phone sex?...since when did it become perverted as asserted by several posters in here?

hehehe...and it must have been good since she kept coming back for more...:eyebrows

she obviously liked it in "the no spin zone"... :lol

Samurai Jane
10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Let me just put it on speakerphone!

You better put up some kind of agreement that one party won't sue the other(s)!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-18-2004, 11:11 AM
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe/daily/19981101/30555154.html

Useruser666
10-18-2004, 12:34 PM
You better put up some kind of agreement that one party won't sue the other(s)!

Oh and what a party it will be! Oh, what joke fodder this is! My new slogan, "If you not satisfied it's free!" :lol "Now serving....."

Useruser666
10-20-2004, 10:25 AM
She should have taken the money. $2 million seems fair to me.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/244277p-209250c.html

Lawyers for Fox News had proposed the $2 million settlement to Andrea Mackris and her lawyer Benedict Morelli, sources at Fox told The News.

The negotiations took place days before Mackris filed her suit.

But Mackris and Morelli thumbed their noses at the money, the sources said, and suggested that $60 million was a more appropriate starting point.

"When Benedict Morelli demanded $60 million, that was the end of any discussion, period and absolutely," said a Fox spokesman.

Morelli said he had two weeks of discussions with Fox's legal team before the lawsuit was filed.

"There were numbers that we talked about, but $2 million was never an offer," Morelli said.

He has always said that he considered the talks confidential - but he contends that the $60 million represents how much O'Reilly is worth to Fox, and not how much he was seeking.

O'Reilly's lawyer Ronald Green said there was never a firm $2 million offer.

"We have no information at all on that," he said.

Mackris, 33, an associate producer for "The O'Reilly Factor," alleges her boss started to sexually harass her in 2002.

She said the harassment escalated after she returned to Fox this year following a stint working for CNN and it involved inappropriate comments, including descriptions of O'Reilly's sexual fantasies about her.

O'Reilly also filed a lawsuit, saying Mackris and Morelli aimed to extort $60million from him and Fox in return for her dropping the complaint. His legal team also claimed Mackris had written a tell-all book that aimed to destroy O'Reilly and Fox.

But according to a journalist who has seen Mackris' manuscript, the unpublished work makes no reference to O'Reilly or Fox.

"It's a fictional story, similar to 'Bridget Jones's Diary,' about a young woman who just split up with her boyfriend and who is making her way in the city," said "Court TV" anchor Lisa Bloom, who said a "source close to the accuser" gave her a copy.

"There is no mention of Fox or O'Reilly, and no suggestion of a story line involving sexual harassment. I'm told this is the only book Andrea has written."

"Court TV" also obtained updates to Mackris' lawsuit in which she accuses Fox's owner News Corp. of retaliation for a story published in the New York Post.

The newspaper, also owned by News Corp., reported Mackris "went nuts" during an altercation with other customers in a New York hotel bar.

But it conceded the bar's management evicted the other patrons and gave Mackris a gift to make amends.

CosmicCowboy
10-20-2004, 10:42 AM
damn...the web and google is letting me down...:oops

Your search - andrea mackris - did not match any documents.

SpursWoman
10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
seriously...has anyone in here really NOT had phone sex?...

Samurai Jane
10-20-2004, 11:23 AM
damn...the web and google is letting me down...:oops

It's on Smoking Gun...

Samurai Jane
10-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Hmm.. it's not working now for some reason...

NameDropper
10-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Rumor has it Bill's answering machine sounds something like this:

Hello, you've reached the home of Bill O'Reilley, if you've called for my wife call back later, if you've called for me..
Press 1 for oral phone sex
Press 2 for S&M phone sex
Press 3 for anal phone sex
Press 4 for casual phone sex
Press 5 if you are recording this
Press 6 if you want to keep your job

CosmicCowboy
10-20-2004, 11:32 AM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/1013042inside2.jpg

hmmm...

for a good time call 1-900-60-million

Useruser666
10-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Earlier today it was revealed by inside sources that Bill O'Reilley has settled his relationship with former FOX employee Andrea Mackris. Mr O'Reilley's laywars would not confirm anything on the matter stating only that it was against the terms of a settlement. Another source close to O'Reilley believes the amount was somewhere in the neighborhood of $69 million. When asked why this number was larger than the first proposed amount, the source simply stated, "He had his reasons."

exstatic
10-20-2004, 12:57 PM
^^^:lmao