PDA

View Full Version : The little bit of respect kobe was gaining...

The_Worlds_finest
01-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I will admit I was starting to actually enjoy watching the lakers play when they are nationally televised. Kobe was making up for all the bullshit he has pulled over the years and was starting to shake his poor sportsmanship basiclly growing up....or so it seemed. Obvioulsy, after today he has proven that he is nothing more then what he has and always will be...a spoiled whinning little bitch.

Fuck Kobe, Fuck Jackson, Fuck the Staples center, Fuck Bynum, Fuck Radmanobitch, Fuck laker fan, Fuck the Lakers...and oh yeah Fuck L.A..

Bring the Lakers First round. Spurs will take them.

E20
01-28-2007, 11:05 PM
:wow

Now Spurs fans know how other fans feel when Manu flops and trys to create contact and when Tim is struggling, flails his arms like a whale flipper.

The_Worlds_finest
01-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah next time any of our guys get packed on the gaming winning shot and then throw a "kobe punch" at the guy who stuffed him let me know.

Fabbs
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I will admit I was starting to actually enjoy watching the lakers play when they are nationally televised. Kobe was making up for all the bullshit he has pulled over the years and was starting to shake his poor sportsmanship basiclly growing up....or so it seemed. Obvioulsy, after today he has proven that he is nothing more then what he has and always will be...a spoiled whinning little bitch.

well said. :clap :clap
spoiled little bitch whom Phil Jackson tried to trade in midseason 2003-4.
Speaks volumes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 11:32 PM

Now Spurs fans know how other fans feel when Manu flops and trys to create contact and when Tim is struggling, flails his arms like a whale flipper.

Yeah, Manu sure has done quite a bit of dental work on a number of players. Oh wait...

td4mvp21
01-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Chill out, it was a nice, nice win but relax.

whottt
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Kobe was def giving Manu a shot, but I don't think he was trying to lay him out like that. Kobe is usually pretty non physical.

And Manu has laid out his share of guys that get into his space, in fact he's probably the best in the league at it.

MajicMan
01-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Fuck Kobe, Fuck Jackson, Fuck the Staples center, Fuck Bynum, Fuck Radmanobitch, Fuck laker fan, Fuck the Lakers...and oh yeah Fuck L.A..

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
http://www.matt-d.com/ghetto/crybaby.jpg

itzsoweezee
01-28-2007, 11:44 PM

u mad, kobe dickrider?

Spurminator
01-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Let's not turn into a bunch of Ray Allens, shall we?

Manu will be fine.

Leetonidas
01-29-2007, 12:15 AM
I like Kobe's game, but I just don't like how Bynum can yell and get a T, yet Kobe can scream in Bob Delaney's ear for 10 minutes and nothing happens.

lefty
01-29-2007, 12:47 AM

Manu will be fine.
:lol :lol

mFFL03
01-29-2007, 01:05 AM
does anyone have video of this? I just heard it on the radio...didn't get to see it...

Amuseddaysleeper
01-29-2007, 01:06 AM
does anyone have video of this? I just heard it on the radio...didn't get to see it...

check out ESPN.com

the video is on there in that little video player that talks about the game

dbreiden83080
01-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Kobe is a GREAT player and a lousy fucking human being everyone knows that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-29-2007, 01:13 AM
haha, glad you seee the light. I was starting to respect Kobe more a little, but he's basically just reining it in, for all the flak he got last year about being selfish and not a good leader. So he really silenced that, since he was never stupid and wants to win more with the talent he trusts now. But ANY time he starts feeling it, his inhibition goes and I still see the same ol' bastard on the court.

That said, it's weird, cuz I like and respect the young Laker squad. Odom, Luke Walton, even Smush :lol, I dont mind.

heh I still dont like Kobe, Phil--and the Bynum brat scares me cuz he will get better he looks like a mouseketeer who got shot with a giganto ray.

Borosai
01-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Early in the game, Manu was driving baseline and Kobe stepped right in front of him, drew some contact from Manu, but didn't flop (he probably would have received the call in his favor)...that was surprising and worthy of some props...instead of flopping he played some defense. Now, that elbow at the end of the game was intentional...he probably didn't mean to bust his face like that, but it was intentionally thrown out there.

So I guess he broke even in this game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-29-2007, 07:42 AM
:lmao great sig!

kskonn
01-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I guess I need to re watch that play because I didn't realize that it was an elbow or intentional, I thought it was just something that happened in the course of the play.

ArgSpursFan
01-29-2007, 07:54 AM
i guess kobe cant stand being owned by manu so often,I stil remember manu´s pass to horry inbetween kobe´s legs.

MoSpur
01-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Kobe after yesterday's game as well. I admire his game, but as a person I lost a lot of respect. I'm glad Horry got the last laugh.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-29-2007, 09:50 AM
When's the last time Manu dribbled between the legs of his defender? has he done that this year? :lol

VaSpursFan
01-29-2007, 09:58 AM
ask raja bell if kobe's elbows are intentional...

Kori Ellis
01-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I guess I need to re watch that play because I didn't realize that it was an elbow or intentional, I thought it was just something that happened in the course of the play.
I didn't see it as intentional. Neither did Pop or Manu. *shrug*

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Pop or Manu are just classy. They assume the best of their competition and don't like to be petty, or create bad feeling. I've always admired how Pop handles himself when he's egged on by those questions.

That said, in this case at least, I don't think it was meant for his face or out of malice. I think Kobe shouldn't have flung his elbow to create contact as a last resort of realizing his shot was cleanly blocked. That's just asking for it. He's not that dirty, but it was a reckless foul.

That also said, who cares what Pop and Manu assume of him :lol. Kobe showed instances of cheap shots last year because he's a headcase! His elbow to Mike Miller's throat. That was BAD! and dangerous. I think he swung elbows at least three times last year. It was weird. I don't think Kobe's style was to be cheap, because he never done that shit in previous years, but he had a chip on his shoulder last year.
He reacts badly when he's getting owned or thinks he's getting owned. He elbowed Wade in the gut too I think.

Solid D
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
With all these hits to the face...
I hope Manu doesn't end up with a big nose or something.

:p:

carina_gino20
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
When's the last time Manu dribbled between the legs of his defender? has he done that this year? :lol

i remember he did something like that against pau last year. dribbled the ball between pau's legs, recovered it, and dished it to someone.

ploto
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Gosh the hatred- it's like the old days.

Kobe is probably my favorite basketball player to watch on the court- on both ends. Even Pop said he is the most talented player in the league.

Medvedenko
01-29-2007, 01:02 PM
What a bunch of bitches...you guys have Bruce Lee Bowen on your team with Manu flopping and flailing in the lane constantly and you guys bitch about a smack on the face. There's a reason he gets hit all the time, he's the one initiating contact.

TwoHandJam
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
What a bunch of bitches...you guys have Bruce Lee Bowen on your team with Manu flopping and flailing in the lane constantly and you guys bitch about a smack on the face. There's a reason he gets hit all the time, he's the one initiating contact.He certainly didn't initiate the contact on that particular play. I don't think Kobe did it intentionally but it definitely looked like he swung his arm in frustration after getting stuffed on what he thought was the game winning shot.

Man In Black
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
No matter what, intentional or not...it should have been called a "Loose Ball Foul."

No need for OT but hey the network likes the EXTRA attention, so...no call.

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Pop or Manu are just classy. They assume the best of their competition and don't like to be petty, or create bad feeling. I've always admired how Pop handles himself when he's egged on by those questions.

That said, in this case at least, I don't think it was meant for his face or out of malice. I think Kobe shouldn't have flung his elbow to create contact as a last resort of realizing his shot was cleanly blocked. That's just asking for it. He's not that dirty, but it was a reckless foul.

That also said, who cares what Pop and Manu assume of him :lol. Kobe showed instances of cheap shots last year because he's a headcase! His elbow to Mike Miller's throat. That was BAD! and dangerous. I think he swung elbows at least three times last year. It was weird. I don't think Kobe's style was to be cheap, because he never done that shit in previous years, but he had a chip on his shoulder last year.
He reacts badly when he's getting owned or thinks he's getting owned. He elbowed Wade in the gut too I think.

I agree...but you have to remember Kobe was sent to get stitches because of Mike Miller before the throat incident. Also, it was WADE that elbowed Kobe in the gut.

41times
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Be careful what you wish for my man. There is a very real possibility that you will get the Lakers in the First round as a 3 or 4 seed.

And if you do, get used to Kobe getting all the calls just like DWade did last year.

You will really hate them by game 6 or 7!

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Be careful what you wish for my man. There is a very real possibility that you will get the Lakers in the First round as a 3 or 4 seed.

And if you do, get used to Kobe getting all the calls just like DWade did last year.

You will really hate them by game 6 or 7!

When Kobe gets calls...atleast he gets touched.

When Wade gets calls, its cuz they breathe on him.

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Kobe is a GREAT player and a lousy fucking human being everyone knows that.

Lousy human because???? :rolleyes

johnpaulwall21
01-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Who gives a rats ass about that? Its not like manu broke his face or anything that would keep him out of playing the next game! The hit was wayyy overrated, manu was fine after a minute. i dont like kome bean but come on let it go :wakeup

E20
01-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Basketball is a contact physical sport, if you can't stand watching guys getting physical and can't stop complaining than don't watch.

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Bryant also got away with a clear foul right befor that on Horry and then stuck his tounge out laughin that he didnt get called on it.... funny that the refs still dont call the fouls and he knows it so much so that he can taunt other players on it

Kori Ellis
01-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Bryant also got away with a clear foul right befor that on Horry and then stuck his tounge out laughin that he didnt get called on it.... funny that the refs still dont call the fouls and he knows it so much so that he can taunt other players on it

He was joking around with Horry - they are friends. He wasn't taunting.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-29-2007, 06:44 PM
This thread is ridiculous, kobe didn't hit Manu intentionally

He didn't taunt Horry, he was just ribbing a former teamate

resistanze
01-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I saw the replay of this play like 10 times and still don't see how it could be seen as intentional. It's hilarious because even though I don't believe Bowen has ever injured someone on purpose, his little ankle-breaker move looks far more deliberate than Kobe's hit.

itzsoweezee
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
the kobe support from spurs fans in this forum is sickening. no wonder there're as many laker fans as spurs fans at homes games.

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Well either way he got away with two clear fouls and I am sure if the game had gone the other way or if Manu was out a couple games you guys wouldnt be stickin up for him

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
the kobe support from spurs fans in this forum is sickening. no wonder there're as many laker fans as spurs fans at homes games.
Good call on that

King
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
This is serious? People think he was maliciously trying to hit Manu? He was trying to draw contact. Much like every player in the league does. People are just looking for another reason to hate Kobe. The play was fine.

King
01-29-2007, 06:51 PM

The idiocy on this forum isn't far behind.

1Parker1
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
This thread is ridiculous, kobe didn't hit Manu intentionally

He didn't taunt Horry, he was just ribbing a former teamate

:tu Spurs fans are coming across as little drama queens. :dramaquee

Pop didn't think it was intentional. Manu didn't think it was intentional. Horry clearly didn't take Kobe good-naturedly taunting him personally, so why are Spurs fans going so crazy over it?

Spurs got the win, Kobe hit some amazingly clutch shots, just be happy that we won't run into the Lakers again in the regular season.

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Spurs fans are coming across as little drama queens.

Pop didn't think it was intentional. Manu didn't think it was intentional. Horry clearly didn't take Kobe good-naturedly taunting him personally, so why are Spurs fans going so crazy over it?

Spurs got the win, Kobe hit some amazingly clutch shots, just be happy that we won't run into the Lakers again in the regular season.
This may be true but there is a stong chance we see them in the playoffs and if he already knows he can get away with fouls down the strech in close games and dose this board will have alot of different opions. I also think there is alot of sarcasim in Pops statement when he says maybe that is a natural reaction on a jump shoot

1Parker1
01-29-2007, 07:09 PM
This may be true but there is a stong chance we see them in the playoffs and if he already knows he can get away with fouls down the strech in close games and dose this board will have alot of different opions. I also think there is alot of sarcasim in Pops statement when he says maybe that is a natural reaction on a jump shoot

:wtf What foul did he get away with? No ref is going to call that foul at the end of a game. Moreover, I don't think Kobe's pychic enough to "know what fouls he can get away with." As for Pop's statements being "sarcastic" I guess that's open to interpretation....however Pop always sounds sarcastic, even when he's serious so it's hard to tell :lol

Anyways, I'm not going to spend time arguing on Kobe's behalf. I don't think it was done purposely, I don't think Pop or Manu did either. Oh well, we got the win, move on. If it happens in the playoffs then we can discuss :)

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I jsut heard on the news Bryant admits to gettin away with fouls. Pretty scary since we may see em in the playoffs

LakerHater
01-29-2007, 07:12 PM
:clap

1Parker1
01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
I jsut heard on the news Bryant admits to gettin away with fouls. Pretty scary since we may see em in the playoffs

:lol I'm sorry, I don't understand you're point. Do you think Kobe is the only NBA player who's ever gotten away with fouls? I'm sure Bowen has gotten away with fouls and has known it. When you're a good defender like Bowen and like Kobe, you get away with it. Part of the being a good defender.

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
gettin away with one is understandable it is the two in a row that bugs me at the end of a close game, and I hate to say it but the spurs dont get these kinda overlooks very offten esp in close games... I am vey happy we won and Manu is ok just lookin to the future and playoffs .....
Also if you have been a big spurs fan for a while then there is 2 big unspoken rules
1. gotta hate the Lakers
2. gotta hate the Jazz

mardigan
01-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Used to hate the Jazz, but I hated Stockton, Malone, and especially Hornacek more than I hated the Jazz, I dont hate them as much anymore. The Lakers my hate was lessening for untill this season, now I am back too hating them, but not even close to my hate for the Mavs

WalterBenitez
01-29-2007, 07:24 PM

Manu will be fine.

Manu will be fine ... what about his nose?
:fight

johnpaulwall21
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
used to hate the lakers, used to hate the pistons but now,
I hate the mavericks and suns way more!!!!!!!

WalterBenitez
01-29-2007, 07:26 PM
What a bunch of bitches...you guys have Bruce Lee Bowen on your team with Manu flopping and flailing in the lane constantly and you guys bitch about a smack on the face. There's a reason he gets hit all the time, he's the one initiating contact.
:dramaquee that floating camera is creating so many perspective around the league, perhaps in LA was different play :donkey

E20
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
What about the Rockets.

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
especially Hornacek
Yeah that guy was the worst.... I hated watchin him shoot free throws

mardigan
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
What about the Rockets.
The only time I really hated the Rockets was the year David won MVP, then we played the Rockets in the playoffs and Hakkem took a fat ol shit on Davids trophy and they fucked us up en route to the title, other than that not really. Trailblazers though, were hated with a fire that rivals that of Hades

STEVEYCU
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
What about the Rockets

I just hated playin em they owned us so I have to give em more respect than hate

WalterBenitez
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM

You watched Rocky III? :fight
Just kidding, Kobe pretty close to be a a casual elbowing ... but was great how everybody got the hit ... only those dressed on grey (even that sweet lady) closed their eyes :cooldevil

mardigan
01-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah that guy was the worst.... I hated watchin him shoot free throws
Fuck yea, that thing he did where he wiped his face, and Stockton was the dirtiest little fucker Ive ever seen play.

1Parker1
01-29-2007, 07:32 PM
gettin away with one is understandable it is the two in a row that bugs me at the end of a close game, and I hate to say it but the spurs dont get these kinda overlooks very offten esp in close games... I am vey happy we won and Manu is ok just lookin to the future and playoffs .....
Also if you have been a big spurs fan for a while then there is 2 big unspoken rules
1. gotta hate the Lakers
2. gotta hate the Jazz

I've moved on. Now I hate the Mavs and Suns :lol

mardigan
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM
^^^ Agreed

johnpaulwall21
01-29-2007, 07:35 PM
yeah hakeem took apart d-rob but the rockets fell off after the championship seasons, and they still havent got past the first round of the playoffs since. Usually the teams I dont like the most r the teams that challenge the spurs for a title run. I hated the old lakers with shaq, then Detroit and now mavericks and suns.

Rydia
01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
With all these hits to the face...
I hope Manu doesn't end up with a big nose or something.

:p:
haha! Manu's nose was all red!! All I have to say is, "Not Manu's Face!!!!!" hahaq

Poor Manu...he really took one for the team. I am afraid if I were the coach I would throw in someone and have him thrash Kobe once...That was just mean.

Cry Havoc
01-30-2007, 03:24 AM
I used to hate the Jazz and 'Bows Malone, but this new team intruiges me. AK-47 though... what happened to him!?

The Rockets... eh... I was saddened by them, but it's hard to hate someone like Dream. Just one of the greatest players ever. Shaq might be a dominant center, but watching him dunk and use nothing but weight and power on players felt really hollow after being blessed with being able to watch a center like Hakeem, who used skill and grace where Shaq bullied with brute force. He was a class act and never took the low road... he just outplayed everyone on the court.

The Lakers of course, are a different story. May they never win another title. :madrun Especially with a player like Kobe.

I never hated Detroit. They play hard basketball with a lot of defense. Though I have officially renamed Rasheed Wallace to "Angry Pants McTechnical".

I don't even hate the Mavs so much, they've got our Little General on the sidelines and Avery is a good guy. I do hate a couple Mavs players.... no sucker-punchers mentioned....

I hate a lot of Suns fans, too. Nash is incredible, but year after year I have to hear about how much the team has changed and that -this- is their year, when in reality their line-up is essentially the same with the same focus. They speak in copious amounts of smack-talk before the team ever performs in the playoffs. Basically any fans who stick their head in the sand and think excellent offense means less of an effort on defense makes me want to hurt things. And no, giving up 120+ points to MEMPHIS means you do NOT know how to play D, regardless of how uptempo your offensive game is. This year, I see a lot of the same. Occassional defense and absolutely no bench depth to speak of. Yet I have to hear how the Suns are revolutionizing basketball, playing without a true elite center, despite the fact that the Bulls did the same 10 years ago and dominated from the guard-SF position.

Hate the Heat. Antione Walker never deserved to have a ring. Actually the whole team was on standby while Wade racked up free throws... most boring Finals in the history of the NBA. I don't want the Mavs to take the rings home, but I certainly don't like seeing a team robbed of a series because Wade has a 2 foot halo around him like he's called for a fair catch on a punt return. It pissed me off more for the league than the Mavs though.

The entire playoffs last year felt so lopsided from one game to the next on officiating. A disgrace and a bad mark for the league. And I'll say that again this year if it's as bad, even if we wind up with the rings.

:wakeup

Please_dont_ban_me
01-30-2007, 03:41 AM
On the Kobe-punch topic...

I've seen Manu flail quite a few times too. I'm sure he's connected with somebody's face too. That aside, as much as I may dislike Kobe that wasn't...what's the word. Flagrant? He probably meant to clear out Manu so he could get the ball back. But did he mean to bust his face open? I doubt it man.

(Copy / Pasted from another thread. This is a more appropiate place)

Please_dont_ban_me
01-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Hate the Heat. Antione Walker never deserved to have a ring. Actually the whole team was on standby while Wade racked up free throws... most boring Finals in the history of the NBA. I don't want the Mavs to take the rings home, but I certainly don't like seeing a team robbed of a series because Wade has a 2 foot halo around him like he's called for a fair catch on a punt return. It pissed me off more for the league than the Mavs though.

:wakeup

I would agree, except if you saw the Spurs / Mavs series you got pretty tired of seeing Dirk go to the line. It's like he had the Halo. So the finals were a nice little taste of there own medicine along with becoming Shaq / Alonzo's bitches. Ah. Good times.

Cry Havoc
01-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Yeah, the Spurs-Mavs series was horribly officiated, but I still would like to always see an evenly-called Finals. It's better for the NBA at-large, even if Dallas wins it all.

I did find it amusing that all the Mavs fans who were so quick to bitch about whining Spurs fans suddenly became soooooo much worse. Conspiracy theories were flying, and it was all the officials that gave the Finals to Miami, but they -earned- their way past the Spurs. Yeah, right.

dav4463
01-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Lay off Kobe. It's not like he is Jason Terry ! :lol

angel_luv
01-30-2007, 06:45 AM
I've moved on. Now I hate the Mavs and Suns :lol

The only person I seriously dislike on the Lakers is Kobe.

I'm with you on the Mavs.

I don't hate the Suns. I think Phoenix has assembled a talented squad, made up overall of a good group of guys.
Of course none of that matters when we're playing them. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2007, 09:07 AM
yeah the Mavs I dislike

The Suns I respect, but love beating.