Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will admit I was starting to actually enjoy watching the lakers play when they are nationally televised. Kobe was making up for all the bull he has pulled over the years and was starting to shake his poor sportsmanship basiclly growing up....or so it seemed. Obvioulsy, after today he has proven that he is nothing more then what he has and always will be...a spoiled whinning little .

Kobe, Jackson, the Staples center, Bynum, Radmano , laker fan, the Lakers...and oh yeah L.A..

Bring the Lakers First round. Spurs will take them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now Spurs fans know how other fans feel when Manu flops and trys to create contact and when Tim is struggling, flails his arms like a whale flipper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah next time any of our guys get packed on the gaming winning shot and then throw a "kobe punch" at the guy who stuffed him let me know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will admit I was starting to actually enjoy watching the lakers play when they are nationally televised. Kobe was making up for all the bull he has pulled over the years and was starting to shake his poor sportsmanship basiclly growing up....or so it seemed. Obvioulsy, after today he has proven that he is nothing more then what he has and always will be...a spoiled whinning little .
    well said.
    spoiled little whom Phil Jackson tried to trade in midseason 2003-4.
    Speaks volumes.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now Spurs fans know how other fans feel when Manu flops and trys to create contact and when Tim is struggling, flails his arms like a whale flipper.
    Yeah, Manu sure has done quite a bit of dental work on a number of players. Oh wait...

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chill out, it was a nice, nice win but relax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was def giving Manu a shot, but I don't think he was trying to lay him out like that. Kobe is usually pretty non physical.

And Manu has laid out his share of guys that get into his space, in fact he's probably the best in the league at it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kobe, Jackson, the Staples center, Bynum, Radmano , laker fan, the Lakers...and oh yeah L.A..

Bring the Lakers First round. Spurs will take them.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

u mad, kobe rider?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not turn into a bunch of Ray Allens, shall we?

Manu will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kobe's game, but I just don't like how Bynum can yell and get a T, yet Kobe can scream in Bob Delaney's ear for 10 minutes and nothing happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not turn into a bunch of Ray Allens, shall we?

Manu will be fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    does anyone have video of this? I just heard it on the radio...didn't get to see it...

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anyone have video of this? I just heard it on the radio...didn't get to see it...

check out ESPN.com

the video is on there in that little video player that talks about the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is a GREAT player and a lousy ing human being everyone knows that.

Veteran ManuTim_best of Fwiendz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha, glad you seee the light. I was starting to respect Kobe more a little, but he's basically just reining it in, for all the flak he got last year about being selfish and not a good leader. So he really silenced that, since he was never stupid and wants to win more with the talent he trusts now. But ANY time he starts feeling it, his inhibition goes and I still see the same ol' bas on the court.

That said, it's weird, cuz I like and respect the young Laker squad. Odom, Luke Walton, even Smush , I dont mind.

heh I still dont like Kobe, Phil--and the Bynum brat scares me cuz he will get better he looks like a mouseketeer who got shot with a giganto ray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early in the game, Manu was driving baseline and Kobe stepped right in front of him, drew some contact from Manu, but didn't flop (he probably would have received the call in his favor)...that was surprising and worthy of some props...instead of flopping he played some defense. Now, that elbow at the end of the game was intentional...he probably didn't mean to bust his face like that, but it was intentionally thrown out there.

So I guess he broke even in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great sig!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I need to re watch that play because I didn't realize that it was an elbow or intentional, I thought it was just something that happened in the course of the play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess kobe cant stand being owned by manu so often,I stil remember manu´s pass to horry inbetween kobe´s legs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lost a lot of respect for Kobe after yesterday's game as well. I admire his game, but as a person I lost a lot of respect. I'm glad Horry got the last laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When's the last time Manu dribbled between the legs of his defender? has he done that this year?

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ask raja bell if kobe's elbows are intentional...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I need to re watch that play because I didn't realize that it was an elbow or intentional, I thought it was just something that happened in the course of the play.
    I didn't see it as intentional. Neither did Pop or Manu. *shrug*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop or Manu are just classy. They assume the best of their compe ion and don't like to be petty, or create bad feeling. I've always admired how Pop handles himself when he's egged on by those questions.

That said, in this case at least, I don't think it was meant for his face or out of malice. I think Kobe shouldn't have flung his elbow to create contact as a last resort of realizing his shot was cleanly blocked. That's just asking for it. He's not that dirty, but it was a reckless foul.

That also said, who cares what Pop and Manu assume of him . Kobe showed instances of cheap shots last year because he's a headcase! His elbow to Mike Miller's throat. That was BAD! and dangerous. I think he swung elbows at least three times last year. It was weird. I don't think Kobe's style was to be cheap, because he never done that in previous years, but he had a chip on his shoulder last year.
    He reacts badly when he's getting owned or thinks he's getting owned. He elbowed Wade in the gut too I think.
    Last edited by ManuTim_best of Fwiendz; 01-29-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Thread Information