PDA

View Full Version : Wade on Dirk

Pages : [1] 2

leemajors
02-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Dwyane Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

"At the end of the day," Wade said, "you're remembered for what you did at the end. ... I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be."

RonMexico
02-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Dwyane Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

"At the end of the day," Wade said, "you're remembered for what you did at the end. ... I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be."

Mavs players need to stop running their mouthes... they're getting a bad reputation.

On the other hand, D-Wade completely destroyed Dirk right there. We can all think that they "gave it away" because they had a 2-0 lead, but that just sounds like an excuse to avoid admitting they were outplayed.

johnpaulwall21
02-09-2007, 12:58 PM
wade is overrated

RonMexico
02-09-2007, 12:59 PM
wade is overrated

You think what you may, but he did put on a great Finals performance and carry home a title to Miami.

You can rip on him for all the calls he gets, but that's only 11 pts per game... when he's putting up 30+ then he's also doing some other things right.

Shank
02-09-2007, 01:00 PM
wade is overrated

Quoted for truth.

And way to run your mouth when you play the Mavs in 2 weeks, Wade. Your team is about to get fucked 6 ways from Sunday now.

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Wade is always like that. He wants other teams to acknowledge his so-called team's ability while at the same time refusing to give the opposing teams much, if any credit. Yeah, he's good, very good, but Wade is a crybaby, crying about how the bulls got more calls than they did the last game they played against them - great players don't do that shit. If there's one thing I like about Kobe it's the fact that he doesn't whine like this. Wade reminds me of Ray Allen.

The mavs were supposed to be the better team, they are the better team, but, maybe the heat just wanted it more. The teams play again soon, so we'll see what Wade's comments get him against a mavs team that is on top of its game right now.

Findog
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
FINALS MVP = Bennett Salvatore

leemajors
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Quoted for truth.

And way to run your mouth when you play the Mavs in 2 weeks, Wade. Your team is about to get fucked 6 ways from Sunday now.

wade's team did the fucking when it mattered didn't they? regular season ass whippings are cold comfort.

Findog
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
You think what you may, but he did put on a great Finals performance and carry home a title to Miami.

You can rip on him for all the calls he gets, but that's only 11 pts per game... when he's putting up 30+ then he's also doing some other things right.

He gets 15 FTA per game. Jordan got 10 in his prime. If you want to argue that the Finals were officiated fairly, be my guest. Dallas didn't do enough to win the series, but if there is such a thing as a league-assisted championship, Miami's title is prime evidence for it. For a guy that gets to play with a handicap that isn't available to other players, he needs to stop running his mouth. He's a worse flopper than Manu or Vlade.

Watching Jordan put Utah away while he had pneumonia was inspiring. Willis Reed walking onto the floor of the Garden was inspiring. Watching D-Wade get to shoot free throws because some Maverick got within five feet of him is disgusting.

Findog
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
wade's team did the fucking when it mattered didn't they? regular season ass whippings are cold comfort.

Bennett Salvatore did the fucking when it mattered. The Mavs demonstrating their superiority to the Heat when it doesn't matter is indeed cold comfort.

Medvedenko
02-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm starting not to like Wade...he's a damn good player, quick, explosive, developing an outside game. Still, I think he's a punk, just let the games decide. The result will always tell the story than mere words.

Shank
02-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Here's what Dirk said re: Wade's Finals performance:

"Yeah, they made some adjustments. I thought once they got back home, they were great, obviously Dwyane was great. After Game 2, whatever, he was unstoppable. He really, you know, really won them the Championship. You know, from Game 3 when we were up 10, he just took over since then. He never let up. He was great."

Nothing but props for Wade. I can't figure out why he would come out and say something like this today. I guess we'll have to see what the context of the questioning was. This guy is ridiculous and it's amazing to think he's being hyped up as a superstar. If anything, this quote makes Wade look like less of a leader for calling out another guy that has nothing to do with his team's current situation. Meanwhile, Dirk goes to practice, works with the guys around him and does everything he can to keep his team hanging with the best in the West.

Shank
02-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Fine, but why call out Dirk right now?

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Yeah, weird timing. He sorta put words in Dirk's mouth too, I never heard Dirk say anything like that. The poor guy was hurting at the time, but all I remember was him giving a lot of props to Wade. heat are hanging around the last playoff spot in the weak east, they're still behind Orlando in the southeast - though they have been doing better as of late. Still, there's no need to stir things up.

leemajors
02-09-2007, 01:22 PM

it is weird, i didn't read the whole article just the cutting. then again, the part in the article isn't much more.

Findog
02-09-2007, 01:24 PM

It reeks of being a sore winner. He doth protest too much. I'm guessing he's tired of all the talk about the officiating, which only a Miami Heat diehard could fail to acknowledge was shitty and not evenhanded. His comments betray to a sensitivity to the widespread perception that Miami's title was won with league assistance. And if he were really secure with himself and his place in the basketball universe, he wouldn't care what people said about him or his ring.

At first I hated the officials for the preferential treatment they gave him, but I'm beginning to hate him as well. He's such a great player and is capable of beating you without the oodles of FTA. But I'm getting sick of watching a guy in a flak jacket repeatedly charge defenders and then fall to the ground like a quadraplegic in order to draw a "foul." That's not basketball, that's acting.

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 01:31 PM
It reeks of being a sore winner. He doth protest too much. I'm guessing he's tired of all the talk about the officiating, which only a Miami Heat diehard could fail to acknowledge was shitty and not evenhanded. His comments betray to a sensitivity to the widespread perception that Miami's title was won with league assistance. And if he were really secure with himself and his place in the basketball universe, he wouldn't care what people said about him or his ring.

At first I hated the officials for the preferential treatment they gave him, but I'm beginning to hate him as well. He's such a great player and is capable of beating you without the oodles of FTA. But I'm getting sick of watching a guy in a flak jacket repeatedly charge defenders and then fall to the ground like a quadraplegic in order to draw a "foul." That's not basketball, that's acting.

:tu That fall seven times shit is getting soooo old. Wade is a very good player, but, he's getting too much hype.

Shank
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
He's a protected little puss, too.

Wade is the only guy that could make Tim Thomas look like Jack Bauer.

Dirk41MVP
02-09-2007, 01:40 PM

yeah and when he's getting "only" 11 free points a night, and the mavericks lost by 1 point... take off those free 11 points and the heat lose by 10, not win by 1... moron.

Holmes_Fans
02-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Wade swears he could win a championship without Shaq.

Findog
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Wade swears he could win a championship without Shaq.

Pfft. Whatever. Can he win a title without Bennett Salvatore?

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM

was he trying to draw a foul when he said this?

Dirk41MVP
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM
also: his "great defense" didn't stop dirk from missing 1 FT in one of the games (maybe he doesn't know, the opponent doesn't defend FT's.. ?)

OR his great defense, gave him a foul in the closing seconds of another game because 2 mavs looked at him within 5 feet.

OR his great defense gave him what 15 FT's per game ?.

He talks about being a leader and winning games, if i'm not mistaken dirk went for 20/20 in one of the last games and the team still lost, so you can point to jho, devin, jet, and even stack for not being their usual selfs and not only 1 player.

If winning games is all about leadership, where is his leadership while Shaq was gone this season ?. His team had a horrible record in the worst conference in the history of sports... right I guess he needs to drink some of his own tough juice.

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
fuck Wade, dirt is 10x the player he is

Big Shot Rob
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Wade is nothing without the bullshit calls he gets from the refs.

The Mavs got fucked by the refs in that series--even a blind man could see that.

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Wade is nothing without the bullshit calls he gets from the refs.

The Mavs got fucked by the refs in that series--even a blind man could see that.

I don't think he'd be nothing..dude's got skills, but he might not have won as much. I think its gotten to the point where he expects calls to go his way all the time now, and he whines as much as anybody. If Sheed were to do some of the things he did after a call against him, he'd probably already have been suspended a trillion times.

what the refs do is make him more difficult to stop - a player can't even look at Wade without it being called a foul, and that's just wrong. the mavs should've won, and the bad calls were just so blatant. I agree with you, mavs got screwed.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
man the NBA is just turning into a playground for punks to run their mouths. People should just shut up and play the game.

I blame Arenas, he spouts off so much and now it seems other people are doing it more often :lol

ambchang
02-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Not to pimp my own analysis, but I ran a model to predict FTs a player should get based on the number of shots he took in the paint, dunks, 2 pt shots and 3 pt shots (all attempts, not makes)
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56768
And the result is that Wade did not get an unusually high amount of calls in the playoffs last year.
The model has a VERY high multiple R (in the 90's, forgot the exact number), so it is a relatively good predictor.
BTW, my original intent was to go out and prove that the refs are biased, well, I proved myself wrong.

mabber
02-09-2007, 02:35 PM

"Yeah, they made some adjustments. I thought once they got back home, they were great, obviously Dwyane was great. After Game 2, whatever, he was unstoppable. He really, you know, really won them the Championship. You know, from Game 3 when we were up 10, he just took over since then. He never let up. He was great."

Nothing but props for Wade. I can't figure out why he would come out and say something like this today. I guess we'll have to see what the context of the questioning was. This guy is ridiculous and it's amazing to think he's being hyped up as a superstar. If anything, this quote makes Wade look like less of a leader for calling out another guy that has nothing to do with his team's current situation. Meanwhile, Dirk goes to practice, works with the guys around him and does everything he can to keep his team hanging with the best in the West.

The more Wade talks the more I'm starting to realize that he's a kinda sorry dude. What a joke to think that Dirk didn't give them credit. Dirk gives out too much credit to the opponents in my opinion. Wade is really starting to become one of the most disliked star player in the league. Mostly from him getting so many calls from the officials (which isn't his fault!), but also...a lot the stuff he's been saying lately has just been lame. Even his coach thought he was sorry for not stepping up and saying that he needs to be more of leader on the Heat team.

LEONARD
02-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Wade = owned

He's spewing BS...

Findog
02-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Cuban responds at BlogMaverick:

I hope Dwayne Wade was misquoted in an article today in the Miami Herald. I know the Herald has issues with accuracy and they are still probably looking for the boat I dont own in Miami, but according to the Herald, and i have a hard time thinking even the Herald could get this quote wrong, Wade said the following:

DIG AT DIRK

After the Heat practiced Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena, Wade was asked if he believes players are ultimately remembered for what they do at the end of games.

Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

''At the end of the day,'' Wade said, ``you're remembered for what you did at the end. . . . I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Say what ? Is this the DWade of some of the lamest , boring commercials known to man ? Commercials that are singlehandedly responsible for selling more commercial skipping Tivos than anything else on TV ?
Dwayne I don't blame you for not looking at tapes of the finals. You obviously didn't. You would have seen your unbelievable skills and some other unbelievable elements that if I could discuss honestly here I would get fined for.

You are right, endings are remembered. And the ending of 3 of the games of the Finals will be remembered alongside Game 6 of the King vs Lakers Conf Finals a few years ago.

I guess you have earned the right to criticize Dirk with an obvious display of your own leadership skills.

I know Shaq appreciates your leadership as well. He called out your team a few weeks ago saying it was "embarassing'. Great leadership DWade. Your coach sat players for being fat. I guess you couldnt lead them away from the buffet.

You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is non existent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills....well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette ?

Now we know why Charles won't put you in his 5.

And Im pissed for one more reason. Im going to have to miss our next game against the Heat on Feb 22. A previous engagement. I guess its just a missed opportunity to bring a local business class to the game and try to let them interview you about your leadership skills.

baseline bum
02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
FINALS MVP = Bennett Salvatore

He was also the WCSF MVP.

mavs>spurs2
02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Wade is the biggest bitch in the NBA and this is a perfect example why.

Lp26
02-09-2007, 03:45 PM

This is dead on. It really speaks to his own insecurities about how they won more than having anything to do w/ Dirk.

Edited to add; I just read the blog, and i know this is probablyan unpopular opinion here, but Cuban is f'in awesome! :clap

Findog
02-09-2007, 04:01 PM
He was also the WCSF MVP.

Whatever. Tim Duncan lived at the free throw line in that series. Dampier and
Diop got called for a lot of ticky tack fouls and you know why? Because they're Erick Dampier and DeSagana Diop and he's Tim Duncan. I'm not complaining about that because Dirk got the same superstar treatment from the refs.

Posey and Haslem got away with mugging Dirk. None of the guys we threw at Wade got the same leeway.

lefty
02-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Oh Yeah???

Seems like everybody forgot that Dirk opened his big mouth about Gasol last season after the Grizz beat the Mavs (regular season) ; talk about being insecure.... :dizzy

Findog
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh Yeah???

Seems like everybody forgot that Dirk opened his big mouth about Gasol last season after the Grizz beat the Mavs (regular season) ; talk about being insecure.... :dizzy

The hell he did...to refresh, Memphis came into Dallas last year early in the season and beat the hell out of us and Gasol threw up something sick like 37 and 20....afterwards Dirk said something to the effect of "Gasol's a good player, but we made him look like even better than what he is," because they didn't play good defense on him. It was misconstrued.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Wade = Young Kobe. I think he's started believing his own hype and that's never a recipe for being likeable.

StylisticS
02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
It's going to be very interesting to see where Wade got these comments from. Dirk gives teams all type of credit when they beat them. This is what, Wade has said something regarding this. He is singling out Dirk when you have coaches and players from other teams saying you get the benefits of some calls. Piston fans called him a diva last year in the playoffs. I see why.

I have no problem with Wade. But this came out of the blue.

Mavschick
02-09-2007, 04:21 PM
If players, you know, the actual targets involved here, could care less about what other players say about them, why should we?

Shank
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
LP26 nailed it when he said it's Wade's insecurity behind him spouting off all his mess. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

lefty
02-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Watching Jordan put Utah away while he had pneumonia was inspiring.\\
...Jordan got away with LOTS of calls

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh Yeah???

Wtf? Bobby Jackson was the only reason the Grizz and Mavs had a small time beef calling Dirk soft in which Dirk had the game sealing blocl off the backboard on Jackson.

StylisticS
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
...Jordan got away with LOTS of calls
I think that was his point. :lol

ponky
02-09-2007, 04:45 PM
The hell he did...to refresh, Memphis came into Dallas last year early in the season and beat the hell out of us and Gasol threw up something sick like 37 and 20....afterwards Dirk said something to the effect of "Gasol's a good player, but we made him look like even better than what he is," because they didn't play good defense on him. It was misconstrued.

This is correct, and Nowitzki picked Gasol as one of the top five international players last month.

Cuban's reponse about leading them away from the buffet was awesome.

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
fucking mavfans, preach that they got robbed on the finals but refuse to beleive we got robbed on the 2nd round. stupid bitches

lefty
02-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I think that was his point. :lol

Oupsy

lefty
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
This is correct, and Nowitzki picked Gasol as one of the top five international players last month.

Cuban's reponse about leading them away from the buffet was awesome.

Ok ; my bad then
:oops

ponky
02-09-2007, 04:53 PM
fucking mavfans, preach that they got robbed on the finals but refuse to beleive we got robbed on the 2nd round. stupid bitches

wow, you know just last night i must've confused one of them for being a spurs fan who was talking about how mavs were handed the series against the spurs but went on to choke against the heat, go figure dumbass

mikejones99
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Dam there are too many pussy Dallas fans whining in here. Shaq was not gonna let Miami lose last year. Dallas won their title when they squeaked by the Spurs.

ponky
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Dam there are too many pussy Dallas fans whining in here. Shaq was not gonna let Miami lose last year. Dallas won their title when they squeaked by the Spurs.

where else are they supposed to be? all the pussy Spurs fans are whining next door in the Spurs forum, no room to breathe

anon101
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
When TNT announced the All-Star reserves, they interviewed Dirk. Kenny Smith asked Dirk a general question about the team's success so far this year and their focus on getting back to the Finals. Dirk answered something to the effect, that yes, that was the team's whole focus, "we were right there last year and we felt like we gave it away."

I don't understand Wade's reaction. I have seen basically the same quote from Billups in the last couple of weeks about their loss to Miami last year. In fact, if you look around, you can find similar quotes from San Antonio after their loss to Dallas last year and after their losses to LA, from Billups after the finals loss to San Antonio and even from Shaq every year he didn't win a title--isn't that the expected response from a team that had a chance to win it all: "All respect to the other team (and the quotes showing Dirk has given Miami plenty of respect have already been posted), BUT, *we* failed. We failed to live up to the potential we believe we had and so we have to do better."

That's what we expect from sports stars--that they believe they can win if they just do their best and that they convey that belief to us, the fans. If Dirk had said, "Yeah, Miami beat us. They were better than us. And even if we played better and tried harder they would still be better than us." then he would be roundly and justifiably criticized as a quitter. Instead, he said the exact same thing any athlete should say after they lose--I/we failed, I/we intend to do better and if we do we won't fail next time.

(And I can't believe that Gasol thing is still floating around. All Dirk stated was a fact--Gasol had just gone off on the Mavs for 36 and 15. Gasol is not a 36 and 15 guy. Last year, he was a 20 and 9 guy. The Mavs had let him dominate as if he was Shaq, and Dirk said they needed to do a better job on him--even the Memphis papers admitted what Dirk had said was reasonable after the Mavs held him to 13 and 8 the next game).

LEONARD
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh hell...Cubes mixing it up!!

ponky
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
When TNT announced the All-Star reserves, they interviewed Dirk. Kenny Smith asked Dirk a general question about the team's success so far this year and their focus on getting back to the Finals. Dirk answered something to the effect, that yes, that was the team's whole focus, "we were right there last year and we felt like we gave it away."

I don't understand Wade's reaction. I have seen basically the same quote from Billups in the last couple of weeks about their loss to Miami last year. In fact, if you look around, you can find similar quotes from San Antonio after their loss to Dallas last year and after their losses to LA, from Billups after the finals loss to San Antonio and even from Shaq every year he didn't win a title--isn't that the expected response from a team that had a chance to win it all: "All respect to the other team (and the quotes showing Dirk has given Miami plenty of respect have already been posted), BUT, *we* failed. We failed to live up to the potential we believe we had and so we have to do better."

That's what we expect from sports stars--that they believe they can win if they just do their best and that they convey that belief to us, the fans. If Dirk had said, "Yeah, Miami beat us. They were better than us. And even if we played better and tried harder they would still be better than us." then he would be roundly and justifiably criticized as a quitter. Instead, he said the exact same thing any athlete should say after they lose--I/we failed, I/we intend to do better and if we do we won't fail next time.

(And I can't believe that Gasol thing is still floating around. All Dirk stated was a fact--Gasol had just gone off on the Mavs for 36 and 15. Gasol is not a 36 and 15 guy. Last year, he was a 20 and 9 guy. The Mavs had let him dominate as if he was Shaq, and Dirk said they needed to do a better job on him--even the Memphis papers admitted what Dirk had said was reasonable after the Mavs held him to 13 and 8 the next game).

LMFAO, so that's where Wade is getting his comment from, THAT f*cking quote?!?!?! HAHA, ok Dirk, next time make sure you diss your own team and don't reveal how YOU feel about the situation. Dirk didn't say that the refs gave it away, or that the Heat didn't deserve the trophy, he said that as a team, the Mavs felt like they gave it away...and they freakin' did, they were up 2-0 in the series and they gave the lead and the opportunity away. Have fun at the All-Star game Wade, it's going to be a bitch first game back.

anon101
02-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Because the above is completely illogical--why would the refs help Dallas against the Spurs and then rob them in the Finals?

Complaining about the refs in the Finals is pathetic, but obviously if they had called (or not called) a few critical calls differently, the outcome of that series would have been very different.

So if you are going to claim the refs helped the Mavs out in the San Antonio series, you have to explain why they didn't help them in the Finals. Otherwise, you just come off as a raving lunatic.

johnpaulwall21
02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I hate this bs wade is saying, Hes actin like hes the best of the league with no flaws, talking down on others like his shittt dont smell. Yeah hes startin to believe his own hype, and his team still continues to struggle with that below .500 record. I hope the spurs whip that azz on sunday...............

shouts out to mike jones

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Because the above is completely illogical--why would the refs help Dallas against the Spurs and then rob them in the Finals?

well if I beleived conspiracy theories it makes Perfect Sense. NBA wanted a Dallas vs. Miami finals, both good market cities. But in the end they wanted to market Wade/Shaq image(better than a german/undercover brother/carlton image) and that's why Mavs got hosed. perfect sense.

but I don't beleive conspiracy theories, I'm just pointing the fact that dumbass mavfans can beleive finals war rigged but refuse to beleive the 2nd round could have been rigged too.

leemajors
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Complaining about the refs in the Finals is pathetic, but obviously if they had called (or not called) a few critical calls differently, the outcome of that series would have been very different.

So if you are going to claim the refs helped the Mavs out in the San Antonio series, you have to explain why they didn't help them in the Finals. Otherwise, you just come off as a raving lunatic.
it's obviously a conspiracy against cuban. stern obviously likens cuban to sisyphus.

Johnny RIngo
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Cuban's still bitching about the refs? Lmao!! That fat prick didn't seem to mind the refs help when they carried the Mavs out of the second round. Goddamn hypocrite.

San Antonio: 3 championships
Houston: 2 championships
Dallas: 0uch!

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 05:20 PM
^ exactly!!!!!

Findog
]

We must not have watched the same series, because the one I saw, Bowen, Horry and whoever else you guys put on Dirk couldn't get a call, just as Diop and Damp couldn't buy a call against Duncan.

Not to mention the way Manu flops to the floor like a bitch if you breathe on him. How many times has a ref given him the benefit of the doubt on that?

ponky
well if I beleived conspiracy theories it makes Perfect Sense. NBA wanted a Dallas vs. Miami finals, both good market cities. But in the end they wanted to market Wade/Shaq image(better than a german/undercover brother/carlton image) and that's why Mavs got hosed. perfect sense.

but I don't beleive conspiracy theories, I'm just pointing the fact that dumbass mavfans can beleive finals war rigged but refuse to beleive the 2nd round could have been rigged too.

The problem with that is that Duncan took more FTAs than any other player on the court from either team in that series.

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 05:21 PM
watch game 2 of that series bitches, w/out your homer glasses.

leemajors
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
The problem with that is that Duncan took more FTAs than any other player on the court from either team in that series.
that's not much of an advantage though.

LB7
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Likewise

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Likewise

game 2, 2nd quarter, refs were brutal!

I almost have an aneurism

Findog
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM

You mean the one where we ran your asses out of the gym? The one where the Spurs were about as effective as Stephen Hawking when it came to defending Devin Harris on the high screen and roll? I just checked the box score -- Dallas had 43 FTA, San Antonio had 37. Duncan had 14 FTA, Dirk had 7. Of all the games in that series, I can't believe you're using that one as evidence that the refs were screwing San Antonio.

Findog
02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
game 2, 2nd quarter, refs were brutal!

I almost have an aneurism

The one thing most vivid about that game that I remember is that the Spurs were getting outhustled and outplayed, then they had a couple calls go against them and they completely lost their shit. It was an embarrassing lack of composure for a veteran team, a team defending a title.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 05:39 PM
for all u mavs fans

THIS IS FROM MIAMI HERALD

On the final play of last season, with a chance to tie the score and possibly the series, Payton grabbed Terry's jersey without the refs calling it, and Dallas' last shot at saving its season literally bounced away.

''If he didn't have my jersey, the ball goes in,'' Terry said.

So many laments. The refs. The bounces. The maybes, almosts and should-haves. Cuban, who always has fun, said he didn't enjoy Miami this trip because he couldn't go out with all the playful and hostile heckling he was getting. It followed him to his seat Sunday, too.

''It might hurt less if we had lost to a better team,'' Cuban said. ``But we didn't.''

Miami wasn't better?

''Not at all,'' Terry said.

Really?

''We're the better team,'' Stackhouse said. ``Doesn't matter what we think unless you show it and prove it. But man for man, if we're playing our best and they're playing their best, we are better. For a four-game stretch, they played unbelievable and we didn't play well at all, and we were still in every game.''

Walker, a champion now, has called the Mavs the ''whiniest, cryingest'' team he has ever heard.

It isn't quite the title Dallas wanted from Miami.

StylisticS
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
You mean Wade, right?

stretch
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
for all u mavs fans

THIS IS FROM MIAMI HERALD

On the final play of last season, with a chance to tie the score and possibly the series, Payton grabbed Terry's jersey without the refs calling it, and Dallas' last shot at saving its season literally bounced away.

''If he didn't have my jersey, the ball goes in,'' Terry said.

So many laments. The refs. The bounces. The maybes, almosts and should-haves. Cuban, who always has fun, said he didn't enjoy Miami this trip because he couldn't go out with all the playful and hostile heckling he was getting. It followed him to his seat Sunday, too.

''It might hurt less if we had lost to a better team,'' Cuban said. ``But we didn't.''

Miami wasn't better?

''Not at all,'' Terry said.

Really?

''We're the better team,'' Stackhouse said. ``Doesn't matter what we think unless you show it and prove it. But man for man, if we're playing our best and they're playing their best, we are better. For a four-game stretch, they played unbelievable and we didn't play well at all, and we were still in every game.''

Walker, a champion now, has called the Mavs the ''whiniest, cryingest'' team he has ever heard.

It isn't quite the title Dallas wanted from Miami.
id like a link to this article. if you cant show a valid link, then you are full of shit.

cheguevara
The one thing most vivid about that game that I remember is that the Spurs were getting outhustled and outplayed, then they had a couple calls go against them and they completely lost their shit. It was an embarrassing lack of composure for a veteran team, a team defending a title.

what's embarrasing is seeing Dirk choke like a 2c whore in the finals

you almost choke in the 2nd round to us, u were up 3-1, if not for 1 play

fucking chokers!!!

mikejones99
Miami gave Dallas the first 2 games then crushed your lucky ass. Dallas people must be blind. Why can't they go to a mavs board ?

Findog
02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
what's embarrasing is seeing Dirk choke like a 2c whore in the finals

Bennett Salvatore...that is all

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
id like a link to this article. if you cant show a valid link, then you are full of shit.http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/dan_le_batard/16515376.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_dan_le_batard

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Bennett Salvatore...that is all

take your homer glasses off. You got outhustled, outsmarted and outplayed. it was embarrasing to see an overwhelming favorite in the finals, choke like a 5 year old in a spelling bee.

BgT
02-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Watching the Finals I have to say I couldn't believe all those calls going in favor of Wade. I thought Dirk was the one getting 20% of ALL calls in NBA, but Wade is even more "protected"

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
he speaks the truth :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

J.T.
02-09-2007, 05:54 PM

That was all karma. Just like how Houston routed us at home and Yao broke his leg the very next day. Mavs are fucked when they play us in the WCF, because just like someone said on an earlier page of this thread, regular season games don't mean shit aside from petty things like seeding and HCA. Spurs are in cruise control right now and we have nothing to prove to the NBA.

I'm stoked for the Spurs going on a playoff run and potentially not having HCA over anyone other than a first round opponent or Eastern Conference team. It'll be fun and different and I think this team can do it.

As for Wade's comments, aside from being completely true, I never heard Dirk say anything and I think Wade just put a lot of pressure on himself with those words. Miami isn't making it back to the Finals anyway, unless Wade's three backup singers get him to the line too many times again.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
That was all karma. Just like how Houston routed us at home and Yao broke his leg the very next day. Mavs are fucked when they play us in the WCF, because just like someone said on an earlier page of this thread, regular season games don't mean shit aside from petty things like seeding and HCA. Spurs are in cruise control right now and we have nothing to prove to the NBA.

I'm stoked for the Spurs going on a playoff run and potentially not having HCA over anyone other than a first round opponent or Eastern Conference team. It'll be fun and different and I think this team can do it.

As for Wade's comments, aside from being completely true, I never heard Dirk say anything and I think Wade just put a lot of pressure on himself with those words. Miami isn't making it back to the Finals anyway, unless Wade's three backup singers get him to the line too many times again.
:rolleyes hater

StylisticS
02-09-2007, 05:57 PM

LMFAO :lol :lol He has no business saying this. He is the epitome of whine.
But from article. I didn't see the word "Dirk" in there. SO why did Wade single him out? Why did Wade insult him? Teams that had chances to win a series does this all the time.But if Wade said something to Cuban or Stackhouse, I would understand Wade's sentiment. But he didn't. But somehow, only these finals keep being brought back up 8 months after it took place.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 05:58 PM
mavs lose yet again

Findog
02-09-2007, 05:58 PM
take your homer glasses off. You got outhustled, outsmarted and outplayed. it was embarrasing to see an overwhelming favorite in the finals, choke like a 5 year old in a spelling bee.

Who said anything about me being a blind homer? Dallas didn't do enough to win the series. I agree they were outhustled, outsmarted and outplayed. In Game Six they settled for too many three pointers instead of attacking the basket when both Shaq and Zo were sitting on the bench getting a breather. However, I will say that the call in favor of Wade at the end of Game Five was outrageous -- Salvatore was 50 feet away at midcourt when he blew his whistle -- the other two refs were closer. Not only was it not his call, but he butchered it. If he swallows his whistle, Dallas wins Game Five. There's no way Miami goes to Dallas and wins two straight.

Having said that, Dallas still had homecourt and couldn't get it done. There's three other Miami wins that I can't pin on the refs. But it's equally true to say that if Salvatore doesn't make the call that he did, Dallas would've won the series. There's just no way the Heat would've gone to Dallas and pulled it out if they had trailed 3-2.

The only thing I really object to is your assertion that Dallas and Dirk "choked." That's really lazy and infantile. I don't believe that there is such a thing as choking. I don't see how Dirk failed to come through in the clutch in Game Five, seeing as how he found Dampier underneath the basket to send the game into overtime, and hit a tough, offbalance jumper with Shaq draped all over him to give Dallas the lead at the end of overtime before Wade's gift from Salvatore. And in Game Six he put up 29 and 15. So frankly, while I agree with you that Dallas didn't do enough to win the series, you're pretty full of shit to say Dirk choked. It doesn't pass the eye test or the fine print.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Who said anything about me being a blind homer? Dallas didn't do enough to win the series. I agree they were outhustled, outsmarted and outplayed. In Game Six they settled for too many three pointers instead of attacking the basket when both Shaq and Zo were sitting on the bench getting a breather. However, I will say that the call in favor of Wade at the end of Game Five was outrageous -- Salvatore was 50 feet away at midcourt when he blew his whistle -- the other two refs were closer. Not only was it not his call, but he butchered it. If he swallows his whistle, Dallas wins Game Five. There's no way Miami goes to Dallas and wins two straight.

Having said that, Dallas still had homecourt and couldn't get it done. There's three other Miami wins that I can't pin on the refs. But it's equally true to say that if Salvatore doesn't make the call that he did, Dallas would've won the series. There's just no way the Heat would've gone to Dallas and pulled it out if they had trailed 3-2.

The only thing I really object to is your assertion that Dallas and Dirk "choked." That's really lazy and infantile. I don't believe that there is such a thing as choking. I don't see how Dirk failed to come through in the clutch in Game Five, seeing as how he found Dampier underneath the basket to send the game into overtime, and hit a tough, offbalance jumper with Shaq draped all over him to give Dallas the lead at the end of overtime before Wade's gift from Salvatore. And in Game Six he put up 29 and 15. So frankly, while I agree with you that Dallas didn't do enough to win the series, you're pretty full of shit to say Dirk choked. It doesn't pass the eye test or the fine print.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/71235485.jpg
this is game 5 the foul that put wade on the line

Findog
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/71235485.jpg
this is game 5 the foul that put wade on the line

Contact was made after the whistle blew. Harris never did anything to impede Wade's progress to the basket. And at first they tried to give it to Dirk.

BgT
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
:rolleyes hater
I've watched all superstars in the league and IMO Wade gets most gifts from the officials.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Contact was made after the whistle blew. Harris never did anything to impede Wade's progress to the basket. And at first they tried to give it to Dirk.

http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/release_000/images/front_page/main_front.jpg

need some?

Shank
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Not another Mavs-Heat-Spurs (Suns suck) pissing match and rehashing of old games. It's pointless.

Unless he was provoked into those comments from something Dirk said about him or his team specifically, these comments were unnecessary from Wade and he once again comes off as an insecure, whiny punk.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
No doubt the refs gave the heat the series. Showing one correct call doesn't make up for all the bad calls in that series.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
No doubt the refs gave the heat the series. Showing one correct call doesn't make up for all the bad calls in that series.
actually it does cuz wat if u guys would have won game 5 and secong refs or not u guys blew like a 16 point lead in the 1st quater of game 6 which could have hlped you alot

lurker
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
actually it does cuz wat if u guys would have won game 5 and secong refs or not u guys blew like a 16 point lead in the 1st quater of game 6 which could have hlped you alot
Can I get an english translation on this?

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
mavs lose yet again

something the kings have grown used to

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Can I get an english translation on this?
shut the fuck up

Findog
The other interesting thing about Mavs-Heat is that if you go back and read the game recaps and the player and coach interviews, or watch it when it shows up on ESPN Classic with your own eyes, what becomes clear is that over the course of the series, Miami was lauded for being "physical" with Dallas and for slowing the game into the sort of bruising, halfcourt grinders that Riley became famous for with New York and the Mourning/Hardaway Heat. And that was Miami's only chance to win, given that they were a classic Nineties inside/out team. So one would think that these games would have lots of foul calls. Does anybody for a second want to seriously argue that when it comes to Miami and Dallas, the Mavs are the more physical and thus foul-prone team?

Game Five Miami had 49 FTA to Dallas' 25. Does that make sense? Miami's literally kicking ass and they go to the free throw line twice as much? The Heat were the type of team that benefited from an overofficiated game. The physical parameters the refs set made it very hard for Dallas to win. And given everything that went against them, they lost three games by a total of 6 points. I want Miami to come out of the East so we can finally have a match on level playing ground.

mavsfan1000
Like someone said before. Only the biggest heat homer would say the refs didn't decide this series. It was a bad call to start with and it ended being a good call as Harris did eventually grab Wade's arm. Games 1 and 2 were tilted slightly for the mavs but than once they went to Miami all the calls went to Miami. You would think that once Dallas went back to Dallas they would get the calls again. Nope because Dan Crawford was the ref and the heat continued to get the calls. In final the refs gave Miami the series. I have never seen such biased refs in my life. :pctoss

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Like someone said before. Only the biggest heat homer would say the refs didn't decide this series. It was a bad call to start with and it ended being a good call as Harris did eventually grab Wade's arm. Games 1 and 2 were tilted slightly for the mavs but than once they went to Miami all the calls went to Miami. You would think that once Dallas went back to Dallas they would get the calls again. Nope because Dan Crawford was the ref and the heat continued to get the calls. In final the refs gave Miami the series. I have never seen such biased refs in my life. :pctoss
i think the refs were gangsta

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
i think the refs were gangsta

:lol

ambchang
02-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Could someone out there also post the pic where Bowen fouls Nowitzki from outside the paint with 12 seconds to go in Game 4, awarding Dirk the two free throws that allowed the Mavs to send the game to OT? It's the one where Dirk got two free throws without even attempting a shot, yeah, that one.

Shank
02-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Could someone out there also post the pic where Bowen fouls Nowitzki from outside the paint with 12 seconds to go in Game 4, awarding Dirk the two free throws that allowed the Mavs to send the game to OT? It's the one where Dirk got two free throws without even attempting a shot, yeah, that one.

What does that have to do with Wade's quote about Dirk?

LEONARD
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM

Aren't you supposed to get 2 FT's when you get fouled? :wtf

Or is there a rule that you can't get fouled in the last few seconds of a big game??? :lol

For those Mavs fans talking about officiating in the Heat series, SHUT THE FUCK UP. The Mavs blew the series on their own...

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
clearly all ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wp06_r2g5a_1200.jpg

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
:lol wrong game wrong pic, that's from game 5 is it?

Amarelooms
02-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Wade is a stupid bitch....Dirk did not choke or lose the series. Sure he could have played better but he did his part. No need to call someone out this late after the series is over....nothing but a punk move.

Wade is a pretty boy that likes to fall down and act hurt so everyone will talk about how well he played injured. If I was Cuban/Avery I send my 12th man out there on the 22nd and tell him to foul the shit out of Wade when he drives to the hole...fuck that douche bag.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Wade is a stupid bitch....Dirk did not choke or lose the series. Sure he could have played better but he did his part. No need to call someone out this late after the series is over....nothing but a punk move.

Wade is a pretty boy that likes to fall down and act hurt so everyone will talk about how well he played injured. If I was Cuban/Avery I send my 12th man out there on the 22nd and tell him to foul the shit out of Wade when he drives to the hole...fuck that douche bag.
no ma friend ur the stupid bitch

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Aren't you supposed to get 2 FT's when you get fouled? :wtf

Or is there a rule that you can't get fouled in the last few seconds of a big game??? :lol

For those Mavs fans talking about officiating in the Heat series, SHUT THE FUCK UP. The Mavs blew the series on their own...
Mavs blew it because they let the refs get to them but the both together is a double edged sword. Stop acting like refs don't effect outcomes of games. Basketball is the king of allowing the refs dictate the game. Tennis is a sport that thankfully doesn't have that.

Amarelooms
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
no ma friend ur the stupid bitch

Haha great comeback....good luck fighting for that 8th seed...see ya in the finals lol :elephant

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Mavs blew it because they let the refs act gangsta to them but the both together is a double edged sword. Stop acting like refs don't effect outcomes of games. Basketball is the king of allowing the refs dictate the game. Tennis is a sport that thankfully doesn't have that. :rolleyes

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Haha great comeback....good luck fighting for that 8th seed...see ya in the finals lol :elephant
actually were one win away from being 7th seed and only 4 games back of the wizards who have the second best record in tha east

Amarelooms
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
actually were one win away from being 7th seed and only 4 games back of the wizards who have the second best record in tha east

http://i15.tinypic.com/436luur.jpg

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
damn homie u got no life ur too busy lookin at d-wade ur a fuckin faggot

BgT
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't think he'd be nothing..dude's got skills, but he might not have won as much. I think its gotten to the point where he expects calls to go his way all the time now, and he whines as much as anybody. If Sheed were to do some of the things he did after a call against him, he'd probably already have been suspended a trillion times.

what the refs do is make him more difficult to stop - a player can't even look at Wade without it being called a foul, and that's just wrong. the mavs should've won, and the bad calls were just so blatant. I agree with you, mavs got screwed.
Word.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 07:16 PM
:lmao

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/dirk.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/dirk_n_hoff_allas_choke.jpgi just bought dis shit its off da chain!!!!!!!!

Slinkyman
02-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Mavs blew it because they let the refs get to them but the both together is a double edged sword. Stop acting like refs don't effect outcomes of games. Basketball is the king of allowing the refs dictate the game. Tennis is a sport that thankfully doesn't have that.

Tell that to John McEnroe :rolleyes

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Tell that to John McEnroe :rolleyes
They can challenge calls now.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 08:52 PM
wade is a little bitter puss goody goody, just like kobe used to be, the real d-wade will show.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 08:53 PM
i guarentee miami has no chance in hell to run with us this year.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 08:57 PM
i guarentee miami has no chance in hell to run with us this year.
fuck all yall hata'z espically dat pussy ass nigga mark cuban and nowitizki and you is a bitch dallaskid only cats who got rings can talk bitch but your a mavs fan so i guess tha makes u a fucking faggot
fuckin no life nigga

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Dallas:40-9
Miami:24-25

Dallas:1st in the NBA
Miami:15th in the NBA

Head-to-head: Dallas 1-0

enough said.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
last year was last year.

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 09:06 PM

:lmao :lol :clap :hungry: :smokin

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Dallas:40-9
Miami:24-25

Dallas:1st in the NBA
Miami:15th in the NBA

Head-to-head: Dallas 1-0

enough said.
u guys are gonna fuckin lose to the suns

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Dallas vs Pheonix head-to-head: Dallas 2-0

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Dallas vs Pheonix head-to-head: Dallas 2-0
ur an idiot like da fuckin regular saeson matters hed to head da suns is a better team dont matter bout regular season

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 09:10 PM
fuck all yall hata'z espically dat pussy ass nigga mark cuban and nowitizki and you is a bitch dallaskid only cats who got rings can talk bitch but your a mavs fan so i guess tha makes u a fucking faggot
fuckin no life nigga

Typical heat fan. If all else fails, spout off a few pseudo-ghetto insults. :dramaquee

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 09:11 PM
fuckin no life nigga

P-O-Z + D. Wade = Piece Of Zhit
Even right now your beloved Zheat are getting spanked.
Can u say 24 - 26? Your Zheat are the worst defending Chumpions ever, they can't even play .500 ball.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
ur an idiot like da fuckin regular saeson matters hed to head da suns is a better team dont matter bout regular season

regular season better matter to you, because right now the heat are going no where.

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah Wade is starting to have too much of an ego. I agree that the Mavs played really awful the last 4 games of the Finals. The Mavs allowed the Heat to bully them into taking jumpshots. As far as the officiating unless you are a complete Heat homer the calls were bogus. If Dirk had gotten the calls Wade got the series might have ended different. As far as who is the better team I go with the Mavs. Wade fyi your team is not that good for you to be calling out players from winning teams. Save that for when the Heat is at least .500 or better.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
P-O-Z + D. Wade = Piece Of Zhit
Even right now your beloved Zheat are getting spanked.
Can u say 24 - 26? Your Zheat are the worst defending Chumpions ever, they can't even play .500 ball.
ur a dumb ass nigga were 24-25 waht about ur celtics dumbshit i can fuckin school em

second who said u can talk the celtics fuckin suck

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:14 PM
ur a dumb ass nigga were 24-25 waht about ur celtics dumbshit i can fuckin school em

we dont want any 12 year olds on here. thanks.

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 09:15 PM
regular season better matter to you, because right now the heat are going no where.

It better matter to them. As it is the Heat are looking at Detroit in the first round. I know they beat them last year but Detroit is not the team you want to necessarily see in the 1st round.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
It better matter to them. As it is the Heat are looking at Detroit in the first round. I know they beat them last year but Detroit is not the team you want to necessarily see in the 1st round.
we will finish top 5

dirk4mvp
:rollin

Amare_32

The Celtics are not the defending champs. So their record is irrelevant.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:17 PM
we will finish top 5

:lol :lol :lol id like to see you compete with toronto.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:17 PM
:lol :lol :lol id like to see you compete with toronto.
id like to see u shut the fuck up

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:18 PM
id like to see your team win for once. their getting pissed on right now vs a mediocre cavs team.

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 09:18 PM
we dont want any 12 year olds on here. thanks.

I second that.

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM

I can talk because 16 Rings says I can. Man up and get 15 more. Learn your history Piece Of Zhit.

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM
id like to see u shut the fuck up

Aw, whatsa matter, big people's jokes too much for you?? :lol

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:21 PM
in the '70s

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I can talk because 16 Rings says I can. Man up and get 15 more. Learn your history Piece Of Zhit.
when did u get em about 100 years ago live in the present kid live in the present those day are long gone

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
when did u get em about 100 years ago live in the present kid live in the present those day are long gone

im living in the present and i belive your record will be 24-26 after tonight.

P-O-Z
Aw, whatsa matter, big people's jokes too much for you?? :lol
naw cuz u all soft this little internet shit dont mean nuthin u can talk shit here but bet u cant say that shit in ma face

dallaskd
thats the present bud.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
naw cuz u all soft this little internet shit dont mean nuthin u can talk shit here but bet u cant say that shit in ma face

im sure hes not afraid of a 12 year old.

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM

Same for you, Piece Of Zhit. The Zheat are so last years 2005-2006 Chumpions. Live in the present 2006-2007.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:25 PM
im sure hes not afraid of a 12 year old.
come by dade county homeboi

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 09:25 PM
While the Heat might still make it past the ECF. I have a hard time seeing them repeat. If only because the East while still bad you have certain teams that can give the Heat all they can handle. Teams like Orlando with Howard will be a matchup nightmare for them. Shaq and Mourning will actually have to defend him. Then you have LeBron and the Cavs and Arenas and the Wizards. While those teams likely are not good enough to beat them but they can certainly take them to 6 or 7 games. The one team in the East that can beat them is Detroit.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Same for you, Piece Of Zhit. The Zheat are so last years 2005-2006 Chumpions. Live in the present 2006-2007.
u cant talk ur a celtics fan they suck deal wit it loser

freedom&justice
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Yeah? Aren't you sitting behind that screen too? What are you, Mr. Tough Gay under 10? :p:

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM
you obviously have little basketball knowledge and is here just for the smack. theres a troll forum for people like you. or did they kick you out of that too?

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:29 PM
you obviously have little basketball knowledge and is here just for the smack. theres a troll forum for people like you. or did they kick you out of that too?
i no more than u

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 09:30 PM
u cant talk ur a celtics fan they suck deal wit it loser

Remember you said only teams with Rings can talk. Now you change your rules of the game? You didn't give a time table of when the rings had to be won. OK, Spurs have 3 Rings and your Zheat still need to win 2 more Piece Of Zhit.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Remember you said only teams with Rings can talk. Now you change your rules of the game? You didn't give a time table of when the rings had to be won. OK, Spurs have 3 Rings and your Zheat still need to win 2 more Piece Of Zhit.
first of all learn how to spell shit dumbfuck

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
hah! your giving him spelling lessons.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
im sorry i shouldnt judge your spelling. after all your only in the 3rd grade.

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
first of all learn how to spell shit dumbfuck

Now your showing how stupid you really are. P-O-Z = Piece-Of-Zhit. Now do you understand why I spelled shit that way. Shit = Zhit. :dizzy

Crunchy Black
02-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Memphis >>>> Dallas

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:37 PM
What happened to Wade's leadership? 24-26 still can't get to .500 in the east.

Crunchy Black
02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
its injured like paul pierce and the celtics record

Trainwreck2100
Now your showing how stupid you really are. P-O-Z = Piece-Of-Zhit. Now do you understand why I spelled shit that way. Shit = Zhit. :dizzy

Why don't you just say P-O-S then?

dg7md
I can't get enough of Miami celebrating their title on Dallas' floor in game 6.

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Why don't you just say P-O-S then?

His name is P-O-Z. It's called a play on words.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 10:40 PM
What happened to Wade's leadership? 24-26 still can't get to .500 in the east.
u guys suck ur a bitch dont talk ur on a 20 game losing streak just shut the fuck up stop talking shit ur a bitch

Crunchy Black
02-09-2007, 10:40 PM
will the celtics draft oden or durant?

John Amaechi
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Dirk needs to penetrate more.

be aggresive and assertive

Crunchy Black
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM

:lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2007, 10:42 PM

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Bout fucking time

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:43 PM
u guys suck ur a bitch dont talk ur on a 20 game losing streak just shut the fuck up stop talking shit ur a bitch

I detect a baby crying on here. You whine like your team does. All the time. The Celts are losing, but they aren't the Chumpions from last year.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
celtic pride not to ruin your fun but your in no position to talk shit about miamis 24-26 record when your team hasnt wont a game in weeks..........

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
celtic pride not to ruin your fun but your in no position to talk shit about miamis 24-26 record when your team hasnt wont a game in weeks..........
my dawg where u been this fool dont no nuthin when his team is on a 20 game losing streak and he hasnt tasted a championship in 1000000 years

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 10:46 PM

:lmao

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:46 PM

Why would Dirk want to be like D. Wade?

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 10:48 PM

Unlike the Celtics the Heat are the champs thats why he is bringing up the record. The Celts at this point are irrelevant.

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2007, 10:48 PM

Cause Dirk prob wants a championship and Wade's agressive assertiveness helped them reach the pinnacle.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
:lol 41-9

thats all i got to say.

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
ur truly a dumbass ^^^^^^

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 10:51 PM
41-9 > 24-26

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM

Boston 12 37 0.245 14.5 8-24 4-7 4-21 8-16 0-10 L 17

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
41-9 > 24-26
ur a dumbfuck u care so much about the regular season

Celtic Pride
Unlike the Celtics the Heat are the champs thats why he is bringing up the record. The Celts at this point are irrelevant.

Correct, the Celts are irrelevant. The Heat recored of 24-26 is not irrelevant. They are the worst defending Chumps in NBA history. That makes sense doesn't it?

Amare_32
I can't wait to see Miami at Dallas. The Mavs should handle them rather easily since the Heat will be on a 2nd night of a b2b. They play Houston the night before.

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Boston 12 37 0.245 14.5 8-24 4-7 4-21 8-16 0-10 L 17

You forgot 16 Rings. Get it right. :lol

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 10:55 PM

ive already said this. u need to care about the regular season because right now miami aint going to any playoffs.

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 10:56 PM

The regular season is important. Don't sit there and tell me the Heat would rather be 24-26 and not 41-9.

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Fillmoe, P-O-Z said that only teams with Rings can talk. I think 16 Rings speaks for itself.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 10:57 PM
poz why u arguing with these cats...... mavs fans just mad cuz their team blew it and they still mad at Miami. thats why ponky makes a thread every time wade gets more than 15 trips to the line and all these other band wagoning fans make threads when dirk does something good............. and a Celtics fan making fun of Miamis record..... :lol :lol :lol they have won about as many games as Shaq has played this season........

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Fillmoe, P-O-Z said that only teams with Rings can talk. I think 16 Rings speaks for itself.

thats true.... keep on talkin then......... :lol

Celtic Pride
02-09-2007, 10:59 PM
thats true.... keep on talkin then......... :lol
Thanks, Fillmoe.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 10:59 PM
who watched the cavs-heat tonight? 103-79 :lol :lol

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
The regular season is important. Don't sit there and tell me the Heat would rather be 24-26 and not 41-9.

41 and 9 dont matter when you go 0 and 4 when it counts

dg7md
02-09-2007, 11:01 PM

:king

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:01 PM
last year was last year. this is a completely different team.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
who watched the cavs-heat tonight? 103-79 :lol :lol

http://gallery.phillyburbs.com/photos/478/1.aspx

still laughing?

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM

Well at least the Mavs are certain to make the playoffs due to thier record. The Heat is still a question mark as far as them making it to the postseason.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
http://gallery.phillyburbs.com/photos/478/1.aspx

still laughing?

yeah of course. i could care less about last year. this team is different and something like 41-9 i think. :king

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Well at least the Mavs are certain to make the playoffs due to thier record. The Heat is still a question mark as far as them making it to the postseason.

they were a question mark last year too...... what happened with that? how was the final result? sorry, i have a bad memory.....

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
different team from last year. this is this year. (kingsfan) :lol :lol

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:05 PM
they were a question mark last year too...... what happened with that? how was the final result? sorry, i have a bad memory.....

Yeah but last year at this time the Heat were playing better than now. Thier record for being in the East is awful injuries or no injuries.

dg7md
02-09-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't think you Mavs fans that claim that you 'don't care' about that choke last year are real fans. I still remember .4 to this day, and yet you guys claim to not care about you being involved with the biggest collapse of finals history.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
wouldnt you love to sport a 41-9 record. (sorry) queensfan

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't think you Mavs fans that claim that you 'don't care' about that choke last year are real fans. I still remember .4 to this day, and yet you guys claim to not care about you being involved with the biggest collapse of finals history.

new year. do you want me to bring up last year, mr. spur?

1Parker1
02-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Did I miss it? What caused Wade to call out Dirk like that? Dirk must have said something negative for Wade to come out like that. Despite what many biased Mavs fans may want to believe, Wade is usually a classy guy to the media. I've never heard him start beef with another NBA player through the media like that....

Fillmoe
(sorry) queensfan

CIRCA 2001.

Good one pal......... you only about 6 years late on it......... i bet you pushing your keyboard about as hard as dirk pushed that bike after the game 5 loss right about now.......

dg7md
new year. do you want me to bring up last year, mr. spur?

You think I have "forgotten" about game 7 last year? Nope. I just don't let it bother me too much.

dallaskd
ohh good one

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Did I miss it? What caused Wade to call out Dirk like that? Dirk must have said something negative for Wade to come out like that. Despite what many biased Mavs fans may want to believe, Wade is usually a classy guy to the media. I've never heard him start beef with another NBA player through the media like that....

hes not a mr nice guy. hes like kobe, we all thought he was but we found out the true person.

dg7md
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Fillmoe rules

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 11:10 PM
at least P-O-Z left

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:10 PM
i love how cocky all mavs fans are....... shit is just mad hilarious to me....... i pray on their downfall......... the way they talk you would think they are the team that won the championship last year...... :lol :lol

1Parker1
02-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh and what is up with Mavs fans still bitching about last season's Finals run? Wade and the Heat simply outplayed you in final 4 games. Get over it. This is what happens when you get to that stage of play. You don't hear Pistons fans bitching and moaning about their game 7 fallout against the Spurs the previous year do you?

Concentrate on how well your team is playing this year and wait to see if they win it all this year so you can come back and rub it in everyone's faces. Until then, with just one Finals game experience and Zero championship rings, ya'll are sounding like a bunch of whiny fans who sound like they have no clue how hard it is to win a NBA championship and who don't understand the long process and lucky shots, lucky calls, and leadership/confidence it takes to win a ring.

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 11:12 PM
You think I have "forgotten" about game 7 last year? Nope. I just don't let it bother me too much.

yet you said a few posts above mavs fans should care about what happened in the finals, but you shouldn't care about mavs/spurs game 7. good one.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:12 PM
yet you said a few posts above mavs fans should care about what happened in the finals, but you shouldn't care about mavs/spurs game 7. good one.

he never said he didnt care... he said he dont let it bother him too much....... big difference

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 11:14 PM
No it's not.

Just that when the Mavs lose, mavs fans should pull their hair out, but if the Spurs lose, it's all gravy.

dg7md
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
You choked in the biggest stage of the finals, losing 4 straight games, we lost west conference semis.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
You choked in the biggest stage of the finals, losing 4 straight games, we lost west conference semis.
Losing is losing but it looks like the mavs future is a lot brighter than the spurs.

ponky

who fucking cares? if it makes you feel better as a spurs fan then suck on that linus blanket some more. btw, your feeling about t-mac was sooooooooo off, but thanks for playing!

dg7md
Good lord you guys get so pissy, I'm not throwing out insults I'm stating facts of what happened there. I'm not cheapshotting any teams here anymore than saying what happened.

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Took 4 games for the Mavs season to go to shit, took less than half a second for a Spur season to go to shit.

But why are we talking about past events anyway? Only thing spur fans have to cling on to?

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Good lord you guys get so pissy, I'm not throwing out insults I'm stating facts of what happened there. I'm not cheapshotting any teams here anymore than saying what happened.

a choke is a choke is a choke. mavs have only been to the finals once, if they do it again, then i'll give you some credit for your *analysis*....spurs won a championship and then got swept by the lakers a couple of years later, that's even worse because they regressed. the mavs went to the finals, a place they've never been to before so i'm happy for that (not happy they lost it, but happy that they had a good season and did well for the most part in the playoffs)

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
im gonna be real with yall.... i dont see spurs fans running around throwing their 33 and 17 record around like they already won the championship and shit.... mavs fans on this site act like championships are won in the regular season, so quick to hit you with that 41 and 9 bullshit like it actually matters...... omg we are such a deep team and we have such a bright future...... ask the 2001 kings how bright that future really is..... aint nothing guaranteed....... so get the fuck outta here with that bullshit! the way some of yall talk you would think they got like 10 championships under their belt or some shit....... this game is all a matter of moves.... one or two good moves by the spurs and they are right back in the thick of things...... and that is why i have taken it upon myself to bring all you motherfuckers back down to earth

1Parker1
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Took 4 games for the Mavs season to go to shit, took less than half a second for a Spur season to go to shit.

But why are we talking about past events anyway? Only thing spur fans have to cling on to?

Spurs fans aren't....it's ignorant Mavs fans that keep comparing themselves to teams that have won championships in the past instead of concentrating how well their own team is playing well this season and hoping they'll win it all this season...which by the way they have a great chance to. You don't need to put down other teams in order to pull props on your own team. :rolleyes

CamRon
02-09-2007, 11:26 PM
damn fillmoe, you mad be! :lol :lol

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:27 PM
im gonna be real with yall.... i dont see spurs fans running around throwing their 33 and 17 record around like they already won the championship and shit.... mavs fans on this site act like championships are won in the regular season, so quick to hit you with that 41 and 9 bullshit like it actually matters...... omg we are such a deep team and we have such a bright future...... ask the 2001 kings how bright that future really is..... aint nothing guaranteed....... so get the fuck outta here with that bullshit! the way some of yall talk you would think they got like 10 championships under their belt or some shit....... this game is all a matter of moves.... one or two good moves by the spurs and they are right back in the thick of things...... and that is why i have taken it upon myself to bring all you motherfuckers back down to earth

dude, i thought you said you didn't even frequent this board anymore because of all the suns/mavs shit goin' down...liar, you just can't resist talking about us

Old School Fool
02-09-2007, 11:28 PM
TEH 2006 NBA FINALS DIDNT EXIST...*wipes cheetos on dirk jersey* Heh

:elephant

1Parker1
mavs have only been to the finals once, if they do it again, then i'll give you some credit for your *analysis*....spurs won a championship and then got swept by the lakers a couple of years later, that's even worse because they regressed

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao I love Mavericks fans. You do realize the Spurs "regressed" just enough to come back and win 2 more championships after that so called regression right?

dg7md
Mavs cherish that 06 Western Conference Champs banner like it is their baby.

CamRon
dude, i thought you said you didn't even frequent this board anymore because of all the suns/mavs shit goin' down...liar, you just can't resist talking about us

that was true when i made that comment.... but today is a different day.....

Amare_32

FillMore can't live without the Mavs/Suns.

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Spurs fans aren't....it's ignorant Mavs fans that keep comparing themselves to teams that have won championships in the past instead of concentrating how well their own team is playing well this season and hoping they'll win it all this season...which by the way they have a great chance to. You don't need to put down other teams in order to pull props on your own team. :rolleyes

I wasn't trying to put any team down (unless it's the kings just to piss fillmoe off). But Spur fans come in and talk about mavs choke job all the time and take the defensive with the 3 rings talk. Nobody wants to hear that just as much as nobody wants to hear mavs fans spouting off about us being 07 champs in february.

Fillmoe
that was true when i made that comment.... but today is a different day.....

what this nigga said

ponky

check the first page...they asked dirk about the finals last year and all dirk said was that he felt like the mavs gave that series away...after the finals, dirk gave huge props to wade, basically saying he shouldered the heat to a win

Old School Fool
02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
FillMore can't live without the Mavs/Suns.

Amare_32? You joined in June 2006, and you STILL put 32?!

Go away.

Old School Fool
02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
check the first page...they asked dirk about the finals last year and all dirk said was that he felt like the mavs gave that series away...after the finals, dirk gave huge props to wade, basically saying he shouldered the heat to a win

I'm so close to shoving this Brett Hull scooter up your ass.

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:32 PM

The irony is that if the Heat were the ones to give up a 2-0 lead Wade would be saying they handed the Mavs the series.

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:32 PM
i love how cocky all mavs fans are....... shit is just mad hilarious to me....... i pray on their downfall......... the way they talk you would think they are the team that won the championship last year...... :lol :lol

and the way your dumb ass is still feeling bitter about the mavs because of the kings/mavs matchups back in the day is hilarious shit. the way you hate on the mavs like your team is any big threat to them is priceless, stop wasting your energy, we don't care about you and your sorry team

Old School Fool
02-09-2007, 11:33 PM
and the way your dumb ass is still feeling bitter about the mavs because of the kings/mavs matchups back in the day is hilarious shit. the way you hate on the mavs like your team is any big threat to them is priceless, stop wasting your energy, we don't care about you and your sorry team

Alright buddy..

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7515/hullscooter500x1529fh.gif

:madrun

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:33 PM
The irony is that if the Heat were the ones to give up a 2-0 lead Wade would be saying they handed the Mavs the series.

lol, so true. anyway, dirk's comments had nothing to do with wade, they had to do with how he felt his team played...or maybe how he felt they DIDN'T play

Old School Fool
02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
lol, so true. anyway, dirk's comments had nothing to do with wade, they had to do with how he felt his team played...or maybe how he felt they DIDN'T play

ponky, more like honky amirite???? :elephant :elephant :elephant

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Amare_32? You joined in June 2006, and you STILL put 32?!

Go away.

:sleep You really are the fool.

Old School Fool
02-09-2007, 11:36 PM
:sleep You really are the fool.

Amare_69 :spin

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM

i hope you don't really think thats what it is.... because if thats the kind of person i was, laker's fans would be getting shit on day in and day out..... my team is not a big threat to anyone right now, but what does that have to do with anything? does it make you and your 41 and 9 record feel any better?

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao I love Mavericks fans. You do realize the Spurs "regressed" just enough to come back and win 2 more championships after that so called regression right?

and yet they could never repeat the next year...my point, is that nobody wrote the spurs off during the in-between years when the spurs failed to win BTBs...the mavs have not let up this season, there is no reason to believe that they'll choke again and get swept, just like there was no reason to believe that even though the spurs got swept by the lakers, they were done for...i wasn't dissing the spurs so much as saying that using one series to predict what will happen in the future (as mavs haters are so fond of doing) is stupid...there are dumbass mavs fans too that like to tout records so i'm not arguing with that, i'm just pointing out the fallacy of your argument

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
i hope you don't really think thats what it is.... because if thats the kind of person i was, laker's fans would be getting shit on day in and day out..... my team is not a big threat to anyone right now, but what does that have to do with anything? does it make you and your 41 and 9 record feel any better?

i still have that private message you sent me about it. i don't care about records, i'm not one of those mavs fans lording it over others

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Amare_69 :spin

Thats really funny if your 12 years old. Go away little boy.

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 11:39 PM
i still have that private message you sent me about it. i don't care about records, i'm not one of those mavs fans lording it over others

post it i don't remember it...... could have been joking around.....

Old School Fool

Little boy?

Dude, I'm in High School. :downspin:

dg7md

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

ponky

i never thought i'd say this, but this new poster is worse than chris_childs and fillmoe combined. completely useless