PDA

View Full Version : "300" kicks ass!

spurschick
03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
The visuals are absolutely mesmerizing. And I'll be damned if those Spartans didn't have the whitest and straightest teeth you ever did see. :hat

Seriously though, the movie is awesome.

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
i look forward to seeing it...

SCdac
03-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Yes, the movie was outstanding. I'm a big fan of the book, and the movie really stayed true to it, so that's cool.

Catch it at the Imax if you haven't seen it, it's worth it.

Insomniac
03-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Looks like a cool movie.

tlongII
03-08-2007, 10:46 AM
This is a NASCAR movie, right?

Taco
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
oh i thought this thread was about KEDA bowling a perfect game

:keda :keda :keda :keda
..:keda :keda :keda
... :keda :keda
..... :keda

ggoose25
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
i heard it was shot in < 60 days , and mainly in front of a green screen.

it looked good enough to rent, but maybe ill see it now

Richard Cranium
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Saw a special on the making of last night. Yup, mostly filmed in front of the infamous green screen.

nkdlunch
03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
That's why I consider it a half animation movie. But it looks tight! I am gonna go see it.

Marklar MM
03-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Ya. They did a special on it on the History Channel. They filmed it in I think Montreal Canada. All the backgrounds, lakes, etc. were digitally added via use of green screen.

DieMrBond
03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Im pumped to go and see this flick - shame about the delay from America to Australia! :(

If you can get a copy, read the 300 graphic novel ... i'm not even a fan of graphic novels, but it was still a great read - awesome visuals and style.

T Park
03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Looks gruesome....

Mr. Black
03-08-2007, 07:06 PM
I saw a screening of it, and I can't wait to pay ten bucks to see it again.

Bob Lanier
03-08-2007, 07:25 PM
They did a special on it on the History Channel.
:lol

I love The History Channel; when I'm in the U.S. I always flip it on when I can. They played Planet of the Apes last year.

Pugglekicker_21
03-09-2007, 02:13 AM
I thought it was more around the total of 100,000 Persians, not a million.

Kermit
03-09-2007, 02:32 AM
I thought it was more around the total of 100,000 Persians, not a million.
estimates range from 300,000 to 2 million. the persian empire was evidently pretty fucking huge.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-09-2007, 03:02 AM
I was watching some show and they said a sequel was already set to get under way.

300 II: Electric Boogaloo ?

CuckingFunt
03-09-2007, 03:08 AM
I'll be seeing this one at the IMAX theater on Saturday. I'm already geeking out big time.

atxrocker
03-09-2007, 03:17 AM
i can't wait to catch this flick. looks fucking awesome.

and i'd like to tell cucking that her sig is classic.

CuckingFunt
03-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Danke.

Trainwreck2100
03-09-2007, 03:44 AM
that movie was the shit, wasn;t as gorry as it could have been though.

mardigan
03-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Sickest fucking movie I have seen in a long time

NASpurs
03-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Awesome movie! It's like a freaking comic book coming to life.

Although in the beginning, watching muscular men for 2 hours felt like I was at some women's strip club or something. But you get over it. :lol

Oh yeah, it has boobs to tip the scale a bit.

phyzik
03-10-2007, 03:56 AM
300 described in 25 words or less...

"Kick you in the balls, punch you in the face, stab you in the chest and not give a fuck, fucking awesome!"

I'm going to see it again tomorrow and I'm definitely buying it on DVD.... makes "The Gladiator" look like a fucking pussy love story.

I have to say, after Sin city, I was kind of hesitant to see this movie since it was directed by the same guy... he TOTALLY redeemed himself, and then some, with this flick.

I dont care what ANYONE says, Sin City FUCKING SUCKED!

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2007, 04:01 AM
I dont care what ANYONE says, Sin City FUCKING SUCKED!Amen.

SCdac
03-10-2007, 04:37 AM
I have to say, after Sin city, I was kind of hesitant to see this movie since it was directed by the same guy... he TOTALLY redeemed himself, and then some, with this flick.

Actually, 300 was directed by Zack Snyder, same dude who did Dawn of the Dead in 04. Sin City was directed by Robert Rodriguez/Frank Miller and a scene, or so, by Tarantino.

velik_m
03-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Spartans were gay.

johngateswhiteley
03-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Amen.

sin city was, easily, one of the best films of that year.

JoeChalupa
03-10-2007, 09:43 AM
The wife saw it with some friends last night and she gave it 3 1/2 chalupas.

I can't wait for the DVD to come out.

leemajors
03-10-2007, 10:17 AM
sin city was, easily, one of the best films of that year.

doesn't even sniff the top 10.

desflood
03-10-2007, 11:39 AM
watching muscular men for 2 hours
Yeah, I loved every inch of this movie.

mardigan
03-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Yea, I went with my girlfriend, and upon arriving home had to do 500 sit ups

I was going in to it expecting it to be one of my favorite movies ever, which is a lot to place on a movie, and it was better than I could have imagined.

Pugglekicker_21
03-10-2007, 11:29 PM
her name name or the actress who played her?

Faccia di Angelo
03-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I definitely loved this movie. I saw the midnight showing Friday morning and was paying for it the next day at work lol But it was definitely worth it. I thought it was just shot beautifully. Amazing scenes that almost looked like paintings. I thought those abs looked faked too but I heard that they trained extensively to get that physique. I was pleased. :) I tried going and seeing it again at the Imax last night but they were sold out :( I definitely want to catch it there.

dallaskd
03-11-2007, 04:31 PM
one of the greatest i have ever seen.

Medvedenko
03-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Just saw this last night...great action movie. A little light on the characterization but fun nonetheless. A great party movie....

AFBlue
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Great movie! Made me want to go out and "spear" someone who looked at me the wrong way.

Seriously though, I liked everything about this movie (except for the unecessary full body back pose of leonidis in the moonlight...rediculous, and clearly meant solely for women viewers).

TenBuckTammy
03-11-2007, 06:30 PM
It made me horny.

boutons_
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
"meant solely for women viewers"

?? A movie so packed with exposed male flesh will probably rake in $Ms from gays.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
One of the best movies I've ever seen.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
The actor that plays the main character got FUCKING buff for this movie! I've seen him in past movies which were probably made like 2 or 3 years ago and the dude was normal, I mean ripped, but normal. In 300 the dude looks like a bodybuilder. How did he get that buff in such a short time? Steroids?

Medvedenko
03-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah they trained like bastards for their roles...still I think some of the muscles were CGI'd a little..

MannyIsGod
03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
We saw it last night. I dug it. I liked the way they did the blood so that you could tell it was entirely comic bookish.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2007, 01:02 PM
doesn't even sniff the top 10.thank you

AFBlue
03-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah they trained like bastards for their roles...still I think some of the muscles were CGI'd a little..

And how about the storyteller, who played the "friar" in Van Helsing and "Faramir" in LOTR....dude got ripped. I gotta think that even though I'm sure they worked out for the roles, I agree there was some "enhancements" made with CGI. Still, those dudes were freaking ripped.

AFBlue
03-12-2007, 01:10 PM
We saw it last night. I dug it. I liked the way they did the blood so that you could tell it was entirely comic bookish.

Also liked how the blood came out in little "drops" and then sort of dissipated...gave it a unique feel. Very well done.

AFBlue
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
The actor that plays the main character got FUCKING buff for this movie! I've seen him in past movies which were probably made like 2 or 3 years ago and the dude was normal, I mean ripped, but normal. In 300 the dude looks like a bodybuilder. How did he get that buff in such a short time? Steroids?

I can see that scottish dude, who played Leonidas, without the beard in another movie, but I can't put my finger on which one and it's killing me....what other movies has he done?

EDIT: Nevermind, I had a lull at work and looked it up...

Movies I've seen him in:

Reign of Fire (the one I remembered him in)
Dracula 2000

Other ones he's done are the second Tomb Raider and Phantom of the Opera...

DirkAB
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
300 described in 25 words or less...

"Kick you in the balls, punch you in the face, stab you in the chest and not give a fuck, fucking awesome!"

I'm going to see it again tomorrow and I'm definitely buying it on DVD.... makes "The Gladiator" look like a fucking pussy love story.

I dont care what ANYONE says, Sin City FUCKING SUCKED!

After this post I have my doubts. No way in hell this movie is better than Gladiator, I just don't see how it's possible. And Sin City kicked fucking ass. But based on what everybody else has to say about this movie I'll definitely give it a chance.

nkdlunch
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
yeah havent' seen it but, I have my doubts on being better than gladiator. and sin city was a pretty good movie.

I am definitely taking my girl to see it, so she can get all horny. :D

mardigan
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
After this post I have my doubts. No way in hell this movie is better than Gladiator, I just don't see how it's possible. And Sin City kicked fucking ass. But based on what everybody else has to say about this movie I'll definitely give it a chance.
Dude he is right, it is way tougher than Gladiator, it is almost like Sin City and Gladiator in one super movie. And the guys in the movie trained for 6 weeks before the shooting started to get ripped, although some of it still had to be computer

DirkAB
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Dude he is right, it is way tougher than Gladiator,

Does tougher equal better? I can't imagine this being a better movie than Gladiator. Better fight scenes, more gore, cooler effects yes I can see that being the case, but no way this is a better movie. I seriously doubt it could even even fuck with Sin City, let alone Gladiator, one of the best movies of the decade.

phyzik
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Does tougher equal better? I can't imagine this being a better movie than Gladiator. Better fight scenes, more gore, cooler effects yes I can see that being the case, but no way this is a better movie. I seriously doubt it could even even fuck with Sin City, let alone Gladiator, one of the best movies of the decade.

I never said it was "better" than gladiator, I said it makes gladiator look like a love story.... IE: More hardcore fighting, gore and pretty much everything else you mentioned...

As far as Sin City, to each his own, IMO I've seen better acting in B movies then in Sin City.

mardigan
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, you definately dont get to relate to most of the characters, dont really get emotionally attached like you do in Gladiator. The story isnt as deep or emotional either. But the thing about 300, and its almost hard to hard to explain, is that for me, it was just something I have never seen anything like. Gladiator was good because of story, charactor development, spending time with both sides of the movie characters, good and bad. But in 300, you really get a sense that no matter what happens to these guys, its what they love. Most people will say that its just good because of the special effects, but the overwhelming feeling you get from this movie about fighting for your freedom at any cost (even though that sounds so cheesy), gave me goosbumps pretty much the whole movie. And the last scene of the movie was almost too much for me to handle, I wanted to jump on screen and give my life for these guys as well. It might not be as good acting, script or overall story of Gladiator, but for what it is, it really was one of the best movies I have ever seen

DirkAB
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I wish I had access to the iMax version of this movie.

mardigan
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I wish I had access to the iMax version of this movie.
No Imax where you live?

DirkAB
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
No Imax where you live?

There is one about an hour away, but this movie isn't showing there.

mardigan
03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
There is one about an hour away, but this movie isn't showing there.
Damn dude, well Im telling you I love Gladiator, and I am under the immpression you do to. This movie had half the budget and didnt have the actors available to them that Gladiator did and it is so freakin good. I saw it in a normal theater and it was still amazing, go see it asap

NASpurs
03-12-2007, 05:30 PM
This is totally one of those movies that you MUST SEE while it's in the theaters! Waiting for the DVD to come out is not going to do it justice even if you watch it on a 60" plasma or whatever. GO TO THE THEATERS!

cornbread
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I loved this movie. Don't wait for the DVD, see it on the big screen.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I definitely want to check this movie out.

Sin City is in my top 25 all-time favorite movies because it was so unique. I'm looking forward to seeing "300".

mardigan
03-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I definitely want to check this movie out.

Sin City is in my top 25 all-time favorite movies because it was so unique. I'm looking forward to seeing "300".

Its better than Sin City. I love Sin City as well, thats why I am so excited about this........

http://imdb.com/title/tt0458481/

MannyIsGod
03-12-2007, 08:57 PM
After this post I have my doubts. No way in hell this movie is better than Gladiator, I just don't see how it's possible. And Sin City kicked fucking ass. But based on what everybody else has to say about this movie I'll definitely give it a chance.I think Gladiator was much better, IMO.

NASpurs
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Gladiator was an overall better movie due to it's characters and story. It had more substance.

300 was just a kick ass thrill ride that kept your eyes glued to the screen and your adrenaline pumping. Over the long run though, Gladiator will still be the better movie.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Gladiator was an overall better movie due to it's characters and story. It had more substance.

300 was just a kick ass thrill ride that kept your eyes glued to the screen and your adrenaline pumping. Over the long run though, Gladiator will still be the better movie.

It had twice the budget, Ridley Scott directing it, and a great cast. Of course its the "better movie" to many. But for what it is, 300 stands alone.

Chagus
03-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Awesome movie! It's like a freaking comic book coming to life.

Although in the beginning, watching muscular men for 2 hours felt like I was at some women's strip club or something. But you get over it. :lol

Oh yeah, it has boobs to tip the scale a bit.

Looking at the movie previews, it looked like some really cool MTV video. The boobs part has me convinced to see it now.

Slinkyman
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
are you fucking kidding me?

TEHRAN (AFP) - War epic "300", a smash hit in the United States for its gory portrayal of the Greco-Persian wars, has drawn the wrath of Iranians for showing their ancestors as bloodthirsty "savages".
ADVERTISEMENT

The press, officials and bloggers have united in denouncing the film as another example of "psychological warfare" against Tehran by its American arch enemy at a time of mounting tension over its nuclear programme.

"Hollywood declares war on Iranians," said the headline in the reformist daily Ayandeh-No of the film which tells the story of the 300 Spartan soldiers fighting off ancient Persians in the Battle of Thermopylae.

"It seeks to tell people that
Iran, which is in the Axis of Evil now, has for long been the source of evil and modern Iranians' ancestors are the ugly murderous dumb savages you see in '300'," fumed the paper on its front page.

A cultural advisor to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad described the film as "American psychological warfare against Iran."

"American cultural officials thought they could get mental satisfaction by plundering Iran's historic past and insulting this civilization," Javad Shamaghdari told semi-official Fars news agency.

Three MPs in the Iranian parliament have also written to the foreign ministry to protest to the production and screening of this "anti-Iranian Hollywood film".

The film has already proved a major box office hit in the United States and, unsurprisingly, Greece.

It is highly improbable the film would ever be screened in the Islamic republic but contraband DVDs of the latest American movies are often available on the streets no sooner that they are internationally released.

Cyber savvy Iranians have already started online petitions and set off "Google bombs" against "300".

The furore over "300" is by no means the first time Iran has been left fuming over Western portrayals of its ancient history.

Iranians were also enraged by the 2004 epic 'Alexander' about the conquest of the Persian Empire and a notorious 2005 British newspaper review of an exhibition of antiquities which branded ancient Persia the "Evil Empire".

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070313/wl_mideast_afp/afpentertainmentusiran_070313120951)

mardigan
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
This is the most ignorant, stupid fucking shit I have ever read. This pisses me off so much I cant even put it into words.

jman3000
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
just got back from seeing it... bad ass movie... kicks even more ass on the imax screen. imagery was top notch.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Im into ancient greek history so I was looking forward to this movie for a while. I think it met my expectations, I fucking loved it. The director and graphics gave the viewers the 'feel' that frank miller probably wanted.

I personally would have liked the blood more realistic, but it still looked sweet. But I thought they had too many black dudes as persians, they made it seem like persians are 85% black. Really I would have liked it to be more historically accurate, but thats just nitpicking, for what it aimed to do, it fucking ROCKED, and I can't wait to see it at the IMAX in a few days.

jman3000
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
and whoever said there were lots of boobies was dead wrong.. there were... 3 maybe 4 sets of boobs the whole movie... not counting xerxes' tent scene.. .but the majority of those were covered.

scott
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Bad ass fucking movie. God damn if it doesn't make you want to be a Spartan.

For those asking how they got so ripped for this movie, Gerard Butler (Leonidas) is on the cover if this month's Men's Health and there is a good artcile on how he did it... his trainer had him doing a set of 300 reps of various calistenic excercises... that was 1 set. He was doing 2-a-days for 4 months with that guy and then with some South American weight lifting champ.

johngateswhiteley
03-13-2007, 10:18 PM
1. i am about to see the movie in 40 minutes, looking forward to it
2. why do people keep bagging on Sin City, that movie was fucking awesome...FUCKING AWESOME

Viva Las Espuelas
03-13-2007, 10:20 PM
2. why do people keep bagging on Sin City, that movie was fucking awesome...FUCKING AWESOMEi fell asleep in the middle of the movie. the only thing it had going was jessica alba.

johngateswhiteley
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
i fell asleep in the middle of the movie. the only thing it had going was jessica alba.

"act like you've been there before." -capt mike

ggoose25
03-13-2007, 10:25 PM
i went to see it lastnight and some fuckwad pulled the fire alarm right in the middle of the movie. i got to the part where the 1st wave of persians just bit it and then they volleyed the arrows on the spartans. how much of the movie do i have left?

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 10:25 PM
and whoever said there were lots of boobies was dead wrong.. there were... 3 maybe 4 sets of boobs the whole movie... not counting xerxes' tent scene.. .but the majority of those were covered.I think that was me but I said there were boobs although lots of small ones at that lol.

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
i went to see it lastnight and some fuckwad pulled the fire alarm right in the middle of the movie. i got to the part where the 1st wave of persians just bit it and then they volleyed the arrows on the spartans. how much of the movie do i have left?You still have quite a ways to go. You should have gotten your money back or some kind of credit.

ggoose25
03-13-2007, 10:32 PM
damnit. well they said that we could save our stubs and use them for a movie credit for up to 6 months. i guess I'll see it this weekend

jman3000
03-13-2007, 10:36 PM
after seeing the movie... i had the strange desire to strike dramatic poses at every chance i could get.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
And I totally wanted to spear someone afterwards

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I kicked this old lady in her chest and yelled "THIS IS SPARTA!"

jman3000
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
:lol

jman3000
03-13-2007, 10:39 PM
MADNESS? .... THIS IS SPARTA!

*kick*

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I may have gotten it backwards but she was still kicked.

And then I went to Chippendales to try and form an army.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I may have gotten it backwards but she was still kicked.

And then I went to Chippendales to try and form an army.
But what, you didnt have singles so they wouldnt join up?

jman3000
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
*does 1000 sit ups*

mardigan
03-13-2007, 10:46 PM
*does 1000 sit ups*
Fuck the sit ups, I just got a black permanent marker and drew a six pack in, it looks totally real from 10 yards away

Marklar MM
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
I would screw it and just use a few tubs of vaseline.

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
And then at the breakfast table, this is what I told my family:

Family! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!

Marklar MM
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Grrrrr..
http://www.popmatters.com/images/film_art/3/300-1.jpg
http://www.canmag.com/images/front/movies2007/300-8.jpg

03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
We shall fight in the shade.

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Clearly you don't know our women. I might as well have marched them up here, judging by what i've seen.

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 11:14 PM
I love this part.

Leonidas: You, what is your profession?
Archadian Soldier: I'm a potter, sir.
Leonidas: And you, what is your profession?
Archadian Soldier: I'm a sculptor
Leonidas: And you?
Archadian Soldier:I'm a blacksmith
Leonidas: [Turning towards the Spartans] Spartans! What is your profession?
[Spartans give three cheers]
Leonidas: See old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did.

jman3000
03-13-2007, 11:50 PM
another good part was the part where leonidas says they can be civil too... and then the captain guy agrees and starts wailing on an injured persian with his spear... good times.

NASpurs
03-13-2007, 11:53 PM
another good part was the part where leonidas says they can be civil too... and then the captain guy agrees and starts wailing on an injured persian with his spear... good times.I think him eating an apple while talking with his mouth full made that scene even better.

johngateswhiteley
03-14-2007, 02:19 AM
saw it...liked it...was good for what it was. it was not better than Sin City.

spurschick
03-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Only Spartan women give birth to real men. :smokin

monosylab1k
03-14-2007, 09:01 AM
MADNESS? .... THIS IS SPARTA!

*kick*

http://thisisspartaaa.ytmnd.com/

DirkAB
03-14-2007, 09:28 AM
i fell asleep in the middle of the movie. the only thing it had going was jessica alba.

How can one be so opinionated about a movie if he hasn't even seen the whole thing? Especially the ending. What a joke.

I've rented movies and fell asleep in the middle of them, doesn't mean they were bad movies, means I was tired. Stupid way to judge a movie.

johngateswhiteley
03-14-2007, 09:31 AM
How can one be so opinionated about a movie if he hasn't even seen the whole thing? Especially the ending. What a joke.

I've rented movies and fell asleep in the middle of them, doesn't mean they were bad movies, means I was tired. Stupid way to judge a movie.

thats an interesting thought. however, Sin City was awesome and anybody who doesn't think that is infantile, lol.

Spam
03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Sin City sucked major ass! :td

johngateswhiteley
03-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Sin City sucked major ass! :td

you Suck Penis All Morning

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2007, 09:47 AM
hey is the battle scenes as good as TROY or LOTR:ROTK?

atxrocker
03-14-2007, 10:45 AM
while this movie kicks some ass, i think its overhyped at this point. went and saw it yesterday and wasn't overly impressed after all the positive reviews i had read.

Good 'N Plenty
03-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I saw it last night and I thought it was pretty good, I didnt think it was amazing or anything, but their were some moments were i was like "damn", but I enjoyed it, seems like it took a lot of pages from the Gladiator.

mardigan
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Sin City was damn good as well, I am excited about Sin City 2. Clive Owen and Mickey Rourke were the shit in that movie

AnkleBreaker21
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
o its the best fucking movie ever, i already seen it twice once with my girl then i took my nephew.i like how it gets you all hyped up, i loved the end to

atxrocker
03-14-2007, 01:58 PM
and for the record, sin city is a great piece of work. those who hate know not what they speak of.

AnkleBreaker21
03-14-2007, 02:03 PM
yah sin city is a badass movie

BeerIsGood!
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I can't believe I agree with JGW about something, but Sin City was a very nicely done movie. It was supposed to be cartoonish and over the top - that's the nature of the Frank Miller graphic novels. I loved the use of shadow and color in many of the scenes, and I was well entertained throughout the movie.

phyzik
03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
cool inside look at 300

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/inside-300.htm

Opinionater
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
IMHO, this was an okay movie. But isnt this movie about when 300 spartans held off a million persians? A historical movie and not some comic book movie?

mardigan
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
IMHO, this was an okay movie. But isnt this movie about when 300 spartans held off a million persians? A historical movie and not some comic book movie?

It was based off of Frank Millers graphic novel 300, which was based off of the Battle of Thermopylae. It wasnt supposed to be historically accurate. And it wasnt a million Persians, more like 300,000-400,000

phyzik
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM

As Mardigan says, its intentionally based off of the graphic novel and not actual history.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/300-3.jpg
Graphic Novel on the left, actual movie on the right

jman3000
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
"I only ask that you kneel"

jman3000
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Xerxes was a pretty cool character. I thought the voice was tacky at first... but it got cooler the more he talked.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-14-2007, 06:25 PM
If you were a fan of either graphic novel you're probably a good fan of the respective movies, I thought the sin city novels were aiiiight and the movie was cool with good replayability....but I thought this movie was way better simply because of the 'fiction-historical' aspects of it.

Xerxes looked fucking awesome too.

jman3000
03-14-2007, 06:27 PM
was the actor who played xerxes really that tall? i'd say he looked about 6 10ish

phyzik
03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
was the actor who played xerxes really that tall? i'd say he looked about 6 10ish

He's actually 6' 7"

CuckingFunt
03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
was the actor who played xerxes really that tall? i'd say he looked about 6 10ishIt's some guy from "Lost"... Rodrigo Santoro?

atxrocker
03-14-2007, 06:31 PM
sorry but.... overrated. enough is enough. it was good, yes. great, no. i'll wait for the dvd to give it a second viewing. alamo drafthouse prices are killer enough.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
marissa miller's hotness is overrated by like five times as much as 300's overatedness

atxrocker
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
^^i completely agree. but both still remain overrated just the same.

NASpurs
03-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Best movie of the year.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-14-2007, 10:57 PM
It was still the best movie I saw in the theatre in a good 2 or 3 months

Marklar MM
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Me and the girlie are gonna see it Friday. She ain't into this kind of movie. I assured her that there were plenty of hunky hot guys to gawk at.

Trainwreck2100
03-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Me and the girlie are gonna see it Friday. She ain't into this kind of movie. I assured her that there were plenty of hunky hot guys to gawk at.

Ok, so now that we know your reason for going, what's hers?

Marklar MM
03-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Ok, so now that we know your reason for going, what's hers?

Damn.

Marklar MM
03-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Well, I saw it today. I feel like getting into a fight against a bunch of people.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2007, 02:30 AM
I feel like doing a thousand rigorous stomach crunches every morning combined with a balanced diet.

JoePublic
03-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I felt like grabbing a tub of popcorn, a candy bar and a soda and watching it again.

fraga
03-17-2007, 10:54 AM
This movie was BAD ASS. Very much lived up to the hype. You don't even realize that all that stuff was filmed in front of a green screen. It's so surreal. Totally got into it. And yes, it makes you want to beat the sh!t out of someone when you're done. I'd definitely see it again AND buy it on DVD.

=RTM=
03-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Re-Animator
03-20-2007, 06:17 AM
That movie will make some great signatures.

TheSanityAnnex
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
That sig is fucking awesome.

Samurai Jane
03-20-2007, 10:22 AM
:lol We went to see it this weekend. I loved it!!!

When we got out my friend said he felt like he needed to hit the gym more often.

midgetonadonkey
03-20-2007, 10:35 AM
There should be a sig with the goat playing the clarinet.

midgetonadonkey
03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
The movie was alright. Acting was terrible but overall it was entertaining.

johngateswhiteley
03-20-2007, 11:22 AM
excellent movie

Gladitor and Troy still above this movie...nevertheless..excellent

Troy wasn't that good, imo, but Gladiator was excellent.

MannyIsGod
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Troy? Are you fucking kidding me? Troy sucked.

Party Girl
03-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Are you all smoking weed?
300 had the most heads chopped off and slow motion violence ever seen on a motion picture.

pimp my sig
03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
That sig is fucking awesome.

You want one? PM me with the details.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/gig-blood.gif

Marklar MM
03-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Mouse man. You need to do the dude that gets stabbed by like 3 swords, and kills the 3 guys with the swords still in him.

=RTM=
03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
What part of the movie is it. by the end?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/rtm-head.gif

Marklar MM
03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
What part of the movie is it. by the end?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/rtm-head.gif

Ya. Near the end.

mardigan
03-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Its the same guy whos son gets his head chopped off

johngateswhiteley
03-21-2007, 07:18 AM
...watching Sin City right now as i work out. every time i watch it i think, "damn this is a great movie!" leading me to the conclusion:

1. can't imagine why anybody wouldn't like it, except maybe a girl
2. its significantly better than 300 (and i liked 300)

03-21-2007, 08:13 AM
...watching Sin City right now as i work out.

Working forearms again?

johngateswhiteley
03-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Working forearms again?

nah, thats on thursdays. today is some upper body dumbbell work. :tu

mardigan
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Sin City was the shit, and one of my favorite movie experiences ever, but I just dont think it was better than 300 in any way