PDA

View Full Version : Should we take chance on Sebastian Talfair??

florige
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
As possibly a backup for Parker if he's willing to accept the role as a backup. The Kid's got potential, just keeps getting caught up with the wrong crowd, Any thoughts??

jmard5
04-27-2007, 12:54 PM
No.

Edit: I take it back (because of Stephen Jackson). Probably yes... who will mentor this dude?

ducks
04-27-2007, 12:54 PM
As possibly a backup for Parker if he's willing to accept the role as a backup. The Kid's got potential, just keeps getting caught up with the wrong crowd, Any thoughts??
let see what the playoffs do first

T-Pain
04-27-2007, 12:59 PM
i think we should let him at least work out with us this summer. give him a spot on the summer league team and see how he pans out.

Bob Lanier
04-27-2007, 01:03 PM
:lol

Kevin Blackistone
04-27-2007, 01:05 PM
The people who think Parker shoots too much would have a heart attack watching Telfair chuck shots left and right

exstatic
04-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Telfair isn't a FA.

florige
04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
i think we should let him at least work out with us this summer. give him a spot on the summer league team and see how he pans out.

Thats what I think too. Even if we do go on to win the championship this year it's no secret that we need to get some younger legs. We are in desperate need for a scoring guard off the bench (or for when Parker goes into sleep mode as usual) to provide a real spark. When Duncan's not out there passing to teamates Manu is really the only player who can create his own shot off the bench. I say give him a shot. Stephen Jackson didn't go Psycho until he left SA. lol

florige
04-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Telfair isn't a FA.

Boston just fired him yesterday. Somebody will have a chance at him.

exstatic
04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
No.

Edit: I take it back (because of Stephen Jackson). Probably yes... who will mentor this dude?
People bring up this whole Stephen Jackson thing like it was a happily ever after story. It wasn't. He managed to conceal his true nature for the better part of two years, then left for less money on the way to more money and huge amounts of trouble. Not exactly a developmental success.

As for Telfair and "the wrong crowd"? The wrong crowd is always there, in and around professional sports.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
i say we stay clear from him... i dont reckon his a project anymore = busts

florige
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
No.

Players seem to WANT to play for us because we have a solid foundation. As far the the mentoring part, I don't know Parker maybe?

florige
04-27-2007, 01:17 PM
i say we stay clear from him... i dont reckon his a project anymore = busts

Yeah it is risky. And thats even if he's willing to accept coming off the bench.

exstatic
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
The only "spark" Telfair will provide is when the hammer hits the shell casing.

He's fucking horrible. If you look at his stats, it's obvious he can't operate in limited minutes. He's never even shot 40%. Makes Iverson look like Ray Allen.

Here's the most stinging indictment: fucking Portland gave up on his gangsta wannabee ass.

jmard5
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I quoted

"No.

People bring up this whole Stephen Jackson thing like it was a happily ever after story. It wasn't. He managed to conceal his true nature for the better part of two years, then left for less money on the way to more money and huge amounts of trouble. Not exactly a developmental success.
He managed to conceal his true nature for the better part of two years.

Rephrasing my earlier statement: Are we on the same page or not?

exstatic
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Are you arguing my point or against it?
Against. A leopard doesn't change his spots, although he can use them for camoflage.

Not exactly a developmental success.

jmard5
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Against. A leopard doesn't change his spots, although he can use them for camoflage.

*lol*. Ok. Got your point. Just my 2 cents though.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Jim Rome was semi-joking that Boston just kept him around to make sure they had a few extra ping-pong balls in the lottery.

Why the Spurs would want to give him a "chance" is beyond me.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM

How do I put this delicately......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*deep breath*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

He's a freaking thug with an ego problem. You can't coach a player who thinks he's the best player in the league. If we're going to take a chance on a crazy boy, let's at least get someone like Artest who can play defense.

mardigan
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Id rather go after Darko

SenorSpur
04-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Stay away.

Can't shoot, can't run a team. Troublemaker. Another NY City, media-infatuated, fraud.

Why bother?

ALVAREZ6
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
No.

Kid should have went to Louisville.

Kobulingam
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Id rather go after Darko

yes, agree

baseline bum
04-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes. He has talent, and his stock is low. He's a high risk / high reward kind of guy, and the Spurs can just cut his ass if he screws up. The Spurs need to take some chances to get younger.

Findog
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM

Yes, I would love to see Telfair in the silver and black.

dmac
04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
no

florige
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes. He has talent, and his stock is low. He's a high risk / high reward kind of guy, and the Spurs can just cut his ass if he screws up. The Spurs need to take some chances to get younger.

Exactly! Thats what I say. He comes here and starts acting a clown just cut him. He should know that we are a class A organization. He wants to act like he doesn't have any home training just fire him like Boston did. It's not like we would be losing anything by giving him a shot at say summer league or something.

florige
04-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, I would love to see Telfair in the silver and black.

He would also fir right in with the run and gun of the Dallas Mavericks attack as well. He would probably be a better go to guy than that choker Dirk. You guys should give him a shot! Really!!

exstatic
04-27-2007, 03:29 PM
What's the infatuation? The guy's a chucker, and a LOW PERCENTAGE one. His high school wizardry obviously hasn't translated to the NBA. What's to lose? The possibility to develop someone else, with a smidge less talent and NO baggage.

Sebastian Telfair is horrible, and has major attitude. To me, that's a lose/lose proposition. If he had showed anything at the NBA level, I might feel differently.

florige
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
What's the infatuation? The guy's a chucker, and a LOW PERCENTAGE one. His high school wizardry obviously hasn't translated to the NBA. What's to lose? The possibility to develop someone else, with a smidge less talent and NO baggage.

Sebastian Telfair is horrible, and has major attitude. To me, that's a lose/lose proposition. If he had showed anything at the NBA level, I might feel differently.

You make a good point.

SequSpur
04-27-2007, 03:37 PM

you sure are critical.

you ain't every played in a spurstalk pickup game.

tlongII
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Boston just fired him yesterday. Somebody will have a chance at him.

No they didn't.

florige
04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
No they didn't.

Yeah they did. They cut him due to his recent gun charge.

florige
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10147184... Chk out the link...

baseline bum
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM

The Spurs don't exactly have much talent to develop at the point right now, and not a lot of ways to gain any. Beno's a monumental bust, and their first round pick better go towards finally addressing the team's need for a replacement for Stephen Jackson (4 years and counting :().

bdictjames
04-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Uh, no. Not unless he wants to sign a minimum contract then Id take him to replace Horry, who would probably be retiring.

baseline bum
04-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Of course, when I say sign him, I mean for a minimum, non-guaranteed contract, like what the Spurs gave James White early in the season. His market value may not be any higher.

florige
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I mean signing him a t a low risk couldn't hurt anything. Not like we are giving up Manu or anything for him.

T-Pain
04-27-2007, 04:13 PM
i dont think Telfair would want to come to the Spurs because SA aint "gangsta" enough

exstatic
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I still don't see the infatuation. I know Beno is a bust. So is Telfair. I'd rather wait for the next Will Conroy type to come along. They make better backups anyway.

Stephen Jackson at least showed he could shoot and score in the NBA before we signed him, and had the good grace to save his gun incidents until after he left.

tlongII
04-27-2007, 04:28 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10147184... Chk out the link...

The article says nothing about him being cut. It just says he doesn't have a locker. He's still under contract with the Celtics. They would be stupid if they were to sever ties without attempting to get something for him. Of course Danny Ainge isn't the brightest GM in the world either...

Bob Lanier
04-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree. I guarantee he is better than Beno and Jacque.
I guarantee he's worse than either of them.

rascal
04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah it is risky. And thats even if he's willing to accept coming off the bench.

Thats the problem with the spurs. They are never willing to take any risks and watch players like Barkley, R Wallace, Iverson, V Carter go to other teams at a low cost and improve those teams.

T Park
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
They are never willing to take any risks and watch players like Barkley, R Wallace, Iverson, V Carter go to other teams at a low cost and improve those teams.

Vince the pussy Carter?

:lmao

rascal
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
i dont think Telfair would want to come to the Spurs because SA aint "gangsta" enough

I think Telfair will just want to get back in the league and get another chance somewhere else.

rascal
04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Vince the pussy Carter?

:lmao Has better career numbers than Manu.

Bob Lanier
04-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats the problem with the spurs. They are never willing to take any risks and watch players like Barkley, R Wallace, Iverson, V Carter go to other teams at a low cost and improve those teams.
That may be true but it's also irrelevant.

The biggest arguments against Bassy go to his size, lack of skill, and lack of understanding of the game, not to his criminal history.

It doesn't matter if he's a headcase or not if he's not any good.

picnroll
04-27-2007, 07:27 PM
They tried to get Wallace.

GrandeDavid
04-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Its crazy sad what has happened to this kid. He was so hyped in high school, much more than usual being that he's from The City. What a disappointment. MAN!!!

florige
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
The article says nothing about him being cut. It just says he doesn't have a locker. He's still under contract with the Celtics. They would be stupid if they were to sever ties without attempting to get something for him. Of course Danny Ainge isn't the brightest GM in the world either...

Severing ties, cut, whatever you want to call it he is done in Boston. He is going to be playing for someone else come next season maybe...

florige
04-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Its crazy sad what has happened to this kid. He was so hyped in high school, much more than usual being that he's from The City. What a disappointment. MAN!!!

You would think that Marbury being his cousin would step in and try to help him out. But I heard that those two don't really get along at all. So I guess Marbury is like screw him.

florige
04-27-2007, 09:13 PM

We made a run at Jermaine O' Neal too right?

rascal
04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Players seem to WANT to play for us because we have a solid foundation. As far the the mentoring part, I don't know Parker maybe?

Players don't seem to want to play in San Antonio. Name one big name free agent that chose San Antonio as their top option and went there?

rascal
04-27-2007, 09:45 PM

When was that?

picnroll
04-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Players don't seem to want to play in San Antonio. Name one big name free agent that chose San Antonio as their top option and went there?
Finley was extremely highly pursued by all the contenders last year and chose SA.

picnroll
04-27-2007, 09:50 PM
When was that?
When he was with Atlanta.