PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Nash

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
After thinking about it a bit, I am now pretty convinced that deep down Nash wishes that he played for the Spurs and especially Pop. Nash is a warrior and as true of a competitor as there is in the game, and yet he is surrounded by whiny paper champions. In sports the team does take the personality of the head coach, and the Suns have the softest coach in the NBA. When the shit hits the fan you know Nash is gonna be in the fight, but his coach and fellow star player are not. Hypothetically, do you think Nash would be a good fit on a team like the Spurs, or does he need that run and gun offense to be really effective?

kps0001
05-14-2007, 03:26 PM
can the heads get any bigger over here?

Jeez...yes you have a good team and a good coach. Does that make everyone else wish they could come play for you? Get over yourselves!!! You could have just posed the question of Steve Nash being a good fit with the style the Spurs play.

....and what determines one being a "soft" coach exactly?

To answer the question though; I think Nash would be great in any system you put him into. Would Timmy just fall to shit if he played anywhere else but the Spurs? Doubtful.

spursfaninla
05-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I guess its possible nash would be good for the spurs, but would he be the player he is today? NO. Parker is a better fit for the spurs than nash, and he proved it when he spanked him last game. Parker held him essentially scoreless the first half of the game (along with great help defense).

I don't know if he has good "d" in him...pop would probably not play him much because he has to be hidden on the defensive side so much.

If we had 5 scorers on the floor, instead of 4 and bowen, nash would suddenly look like the 1 way player he really is.

timvp
05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Nash would struggle to average to average eight assists a game on the Spurs in their current offense. He's someone that is best with players around him who are high fliers that can finish. Who on the Spurs fits that mold?

Nash on the Spurs would be a waste of Nash's playmaking abilities. Nash is a great player but wouldn't flourish in an offense that runs through Tim Duncan.

Plus Pop would have a conniption the first time Nash let someone drive around him.

Bad pairing.

DarrinS
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Nash would struggle to average to average eight assists a game on the Spurs in their current offense. He's someone that is best with players around him who are high fliers that can finish. Who on the Spurs fits that mold?

Nash on the Spurs would be a waste of Nash's playmaking abilities. Nash is a great player but wouldn't flourish in an offense that runs through Tim Duncan.

Plus Pop would have a conniption the first time Nash let someone drive around him.

Bad pairing.

He would've been great with Robinson and Elliot.

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
i dont know about that....

SA doesn't exactly have a stellar record in attracting free agents.

timvp
05-14-2007, 03:36 PM
He would've been great with Robinson and Elliot.

Robinson and Nash together would have been disgusting. Robinson would have averaged 30+ and would have erased any of the perceived shortcomings in Nash's defense, and Nash would have average 12+ assists.

[/pipedream]

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 03:42 PM
can the heads get any bigger over here?

Jeez...yes you have a good team and a good coach. Does that make everyone else wish they could come play for you? Get over yourselves!!! You could have just posed the question of Steve Nash being a good fit with the style the Spurs play.

....and what determines one being a "soft" coach exactly?

To answer the question though; I think Nash would be great in any system you put him into. Would Timmy just fall to shit if he played anywhere else but the Spurs? Doubtful.

Maybe it was a bad way to say it, but I believe Nash is frustrated with his coach and fellow star player's constant whining and bitching to the media. In terms of personality and attitude, Nash no doubt is a winner, but his coach isn't. What makes a soft coach? Looking for whiny ass excuses for losing instead of realizing that shit's not going to be fair most of the time, but you have to win in spite. When in life is anything fair? It's not, and sports are no different. To be a champion you have to win with adversity, and D'Antoni isn't mentally or emotionally tough enough to do that. That weakness projects on the players, especially those who are young and inexperienced. That's why Stoudemire has found it necessary to bitch and make excuses while a true gamer like Nash is left virtually standing alone while his teammates and coach are mentally wilting around him.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Nash is in the perfect system for him. He wouldn't be putting up these numbers or being in the MVP discussion on any other team.

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Nash is in the perfect system for him. He wouldn't be putting up these numbers or being in the MVP discussion on any other team.

That's obviously true, but at this point in his career are MVP's and accolades worth more than winning a Championship? To someone like Nash, I wouldn't think that's the case.

hater
05-14-2007, 03:46 PM
nash is overrated.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe it was a bad way to say it, but I believe Nash is frustrated with his coach and fellow star player's constant whining and bitching to the media. In terms of personality and attitude, Nash no doubt is a winner, but his coach isn't. What makes a soft coach? Looking for whiny ass excuses for losing instead of realizing that shit's not going to be fair most of the time, but you have to win in spite. When in life is anything fair? It's not, and sports are no different. To be a champion you have to win with adversity, and D'Antoni isn't mentally or emotionally tough enough to do that. That weakness projects on the players, especially those who are young and inexperienced. That's why Stoudemire has found it necessary to bitch and make excuses while a true gamer like Nash is left virtually standing alone while his teammates and coach are mentally wilting around him.

I think it's a little premature to call the Suns "wilting".

D'Antoni has done a good good rebuilding that Suns franchise. Nash is a perfect fit for his system and I think he's happy to be there. No way would he have won 2 MVP's playing in the SA system or even Dallas's for that matter..

I think you are reading WAY too much into the coaching/player situation there.

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 04:00 PM

D'Antoni has done a good good rebuilding that Suns franchise. Nash is a perfect fit for his system and I think he's happy to be there. No way would he have won 2 MVP's playing in the SA system or even Dallas's for that matter..

I think you are reading WAY too much into the coaching/player situation there.

Being the regular season paper champion for several years and getting your dicks knocked into the dirt in the playoffs every time has to at least start making the Suns and Nash wonder if their way of playing basketball just isn't tough enough to win a Championship. You can see the evidence in D'Antoni and Nash right now. D'Antoni is whining like a girl about EVERYTHING, and Nash looked as despondent as I've seen him after game 3. It has to be entering their minds, and if the Spurs win tonight the doubt will be cemented in their minds. All whining and crying is a cry of frustration because you fear you can't cut it. D'Antoni and Stoudemire fear they can't cut it and Nash is left witnessing all of this. He won't say it, but he has to be questioning both of their resolves at this point. His quote about Stoudemire after game 3 gives an inkling of his thoughts on this matter.

picnroll
05-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Nash seems like a real intellignet guy. He'd probably enjoy talking to Duncan on the plane a helluva lot more than trying to make conversation with Amare.

jmard5
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Someone once said that two towers won't work in the NBA; that a Duncan would not fit playing beside a David Robinson...

101A
05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Nash has been ousted from the playoffs by Duncan's Spurs FOUR (five if the Spurs consumate this one) times in his career; I don't think any other player has been knocked out as many times by Duncan.

He might be tempted by the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality, but I doubt it; he's impressed the HELL out of me, and I can't imagine a system which he would thrive in more.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Being the regular season paper champion for several years and getting your dicks knocked into the dirt in the playoffs every time has to at least start making the Suns and Nash wonder if their way of playing basketball just isn't tough enough to win a Championship. You can see the evidence in D'Antoni and Nash right now. D'Antoni is whining like a girl about EVERYTHING, and Nash looked as despondent as I've seen him after game 3. It has to be entering their minds, and if the Spurs win tonight the doubt will be cemented in their minds. All whining and crying is a cry of frustration because you fear you can't cut it. D'Antoni and Stoudemire fear they can't cut it and Nash is left witnessing all of this. He won't say it, but he has to be questioning both of their resolves at this point. His quote about Stoudemire after game 3 gives an inkling of his thoughts on this matter.

Phoenix advanced further in the playoff last year that the SPURS did and THEY were missing their star power forward.

I don't get your hate for tha Suns franchise and coach...I think D'Antoni has done a good job drafting, trading, finding talent, and assembling a very competitive team on a budget...Suns are as fiscally conservative as the Spurs...

mabber
05-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess its possible nash would be good for the spurs, but would he be the player he is today? NO. Parker is a better fit for the spurs than nash, and he proved it when he spanked him last game. Parker held him essentially scoreless the first half of the game (along with great help defense).

I don't know if he has good "d" in him...pop would probably not play him much because he has to be hidden on the defensive side so much.

If we had 5 scorers on the floor, instead of 4 and bowen, nash would suddenly look like the 1 way player he really is.

:lol

picnroll
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Nash would be great with Duncan, anybody that thinks differently is nuts. He breaks down the defense and he is deadly from everywhere on the floor.

timvp
05-14-2007, 04:11 PM

:tu

The Suns win tonight and they have full control of the series.

mabber
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Nash would be great with Duncan, anybody that thinks differently is nuts. He breaks down the defense and he is deadly from everywhere on the floor.

I agree although I don't think he'd be winning any MVP's in San Antonio.

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 04:29 PM

So going on a full scale cry fest and blaming everyone but yourselves for getting beaten in 2 games is not mentally wilting? All this coming from a head coach is not mentally wilting? I'm not saying the Suns are out of the series, but the mouths of the head coach and star forward are certainly portraying two individuals who are mentally beaten.

NASHville
05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Steve is very happy with the Suns. MVP happy even.

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Phoenix advanced further in the playoff last year that the SPURS did and THEY were missing their star power forward.

I don't get your hate for tha Suns franchise and coach...I think D'Antoni has done a good job drafting, trading, finding talent, and assembling a very competitive team on a budget...Suns are as fiscally conservative as the Spurs...

I don't have any hate for the Suns franchise or for D'Antoni, but I am a firm believer in keeping your mouth shut and busting your ass to win. I am a firm believer that crying, complaining, and blaming your shortcomings and faults on others is a losing attitude and mentality. Everything D'Antoni and Stoudemire have done in this series project weakness and a losing mentality, and just about everything Nash has done has projected an attitude of winning and being mentally tough. Imagine what Nash could do if he was surrounded by mentally tough winners...

Kevin Blackistone
05-14-2007, 04:35 PM

If he's the winner I think he is, MVP's are not enough to quench anything. At his level, Championships are all that matter, and D'Antoni + Stoudemire's whiny, constantly complaining nature is a hinderance to winning Championships.

Extra Stout
05-14-2007, 04:38 PM
D'Antoni is a little girl. The Suns have to start looking to Nash for leadership. He is a warrior. If they take on Nash's persona, this is a new series. If they keep taking on D'Antoni's persona, this series ends in 5.

TampaDude
05-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Gotta give mad props to Nash, especially after the "bloody nose" incident in Game 1...he's definitely got moxie...and he's the main reason the Suns are the #2 seed in the West. Yes, the Suns have a number of good players, but Steve Nash takes that team to another level. This is going to be a dogfight of a series, especially if the Suns tie it up tonight.

agjm
05-14-2007, 04:41 PM
That is one tough Canadian. His demeanor on and off the court has really impressed me.

Classy guy. Too bad other Sun's players leave something to be desired...

1SUNSFAN
05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Nash has said on several occasions that this year's Suns team is the best team he has ever played with. I would guess that means he is happy with his team. Could he do well in San Antonio? Of course. All of the Spurs around him would have career numbers with Nash at "quarterback". That's what Nash does... makes his teammates better. Fortunately for us, Nash thinks San Antonio sucks too! That's why he came back to Arizona... it was his destiny! :)

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it wasn't the offer that was so huge it made Mark Cuban say, "Sorry, but that's too much." :lol

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, it wasn't the offer that was so huge it made Mark Cuban say, "Sorry, but that's too much." :lol

No it was actually Cuban underestimating Nash and thinking that Nash was getting "over the hill"...2 MVP's later and his team is still playin and the Mavs are fishing...don't you just love the irony of that?

I'm not sure where you are getting the "huge" contract for Nash....he is very much in line with other good point guards in the league..in fact he and Tony Parker basically make the same thing...both are under 6 year 66 million contracts.

diego
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
nash is just as much a scoring point as tony. we're focusing our entire D on limiting him and even in game 3 he still manages to get what he wants where he wants most of the time. his assists would go down in the spurs offense, but his scoring would rise too. probably a waste of his career to put him in duncan's shadow, but can you imagine having nash as duncan's sub? you can change your entire team just by changing one player.

never gonna happen though. but i do think nash can feel the window closing- hes not getting any younger, the suns dont have the capspace to improve the roster much (but they do have a lot picks- who knows). if this style doesnt win i wouldnt be surprised if the suns axe dantoni- its the easiest head to cut.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 05:11 PM
No way do they axe D'Antoni. Sarver's not THAT stupid. Suns are a good team, assembled on a reasonable budget, and are deep in the playoffs every year since this team got put together. You guys are sooooo spoiled. You think that championships are easy because Spurs have three. It's a lot about what teams are in your way...Look at Utah...they had some GREAT teams but had the misfortune to peak while MJ was peaking. No championships don't mean they weren't a great team and Sloan didn't get fired just because they couldn't beat the Bulls.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 05:15 PM
No way do they axe D'Antoni. Sarver's not THAT stupid. Suns are a good team, assembled on a reasonable budget, and are deep in the playoffs every year since this team got put together. You guys are sooooo spoiled. You think that championships are easy because Spurs have three. It's a lot about what teams are in your way...Look at Utah...they had some GREAT teams but had the misfortune to peak while MJ was peaking. No championships don't mean they weren't a great team and Sloan didn't get fired just because they couldn't beat the Bulls.

I agree with what you said but our budget isn't that reasonable. We will be in luxury tax hell next year and unless we win the champoinship and even if we do I am not sure Sarver will want to pony up the $.

I don't think coach D goes anywhere this year. Although he did put alot of it on himself with the "we have the more talented team" statement. If we have more talent but still lose to the Spurs then Coach D you are just digging your own grave. Better get these guys ready to play tonight and hustle back on D instead of complaining about calls.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
No it was actually Cuban underestimating Nash and thinking that Nash was getting "over the hill"...2 MVP's later and his team is still playin and the Mavs are fishing...don't you just love the irony of that?

I'm not sure where you are getting the "huge" contract for Nash....he is very much in line with other good point guards in the league..in fact he and Tony Parker basically make the same thing...both are under 6 year 66 million contracts.
I was talking about the "destiny" thing.

The fact remains that Nash was offered way above his market value by the Suns. That it paid off in spades is irrelevant. He's more than earned his money, but the conventional wisdom stated that it was a gamble at the time. He was not viewed as a top tier (sp?) point guard at the time he left Dallas. If Parker had tested the free agent market he would have commanded more money than he got from the Spurs.

And yes, I absolutely love that Nash's success has to completely stick in Mark Cuban's craw.

picnroll
05-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Nash is a hardass. You have to think he's embarrassed by Amare and D'Antonio. Poor smuck. Years of Cuban, he escapes Dallas and he gets stuck now with these clowns.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I agree with what you said but our budget isn't that reasonable. We will be in luxury tax hell next year and unless we win the champoinship and even if we do I am not sure Sarver will want to pony up the $.

I don't think coach D goes anywhere this year. Although he did put alot of it on himself with the "we have the more talented team" statement. If we have more talent but still lose to the Spurs then Coach D you are just digging your own grave. Better get these guys ready to play tonight and hustle back on D instead of complaining about calls.

:wtf

uhhh...you are the Phoenix fan but I don't get that "Luxury tax hell next year" comment. You've only got three expiring contracts this year and none of them are biggies..Marks, Jones, and Rose.

You have Marion and Jones with player options for '08 but Marion can't do any better anywhere else. Y'all have all the rest of your impact players locked up till '09 and '10.

Not a bad situation at all. If Sarvers not happy going deep into the playoffs every year with a 65-70 million salary overhead then he's not a very good owner.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-14-2007, 05:55 PM

:rolleyes :rolleyes How? Because of the overrated HCA??? Even I know HCA means jack shit!

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 05:57 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes How? Because of the overrated HCA??? Even I know HCA means jack shit!

Being from Dallas I can see how you would feel that way...:lmao

SpursWoman
05-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Well, in the real playoff world ... coming home with the momentum is usually a postive thing. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Best of three with two in your building is pretty damn big.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 06:14 PM

uhhh...you are the Phoenix fan but I don't get that "Luxury tax hell next year" comment. You've only got three expiring contracts this year and none of them are biggies..Marks, Jones, and Rose.

You have Marion and Jones with player options for '08 but Marion can't do any better anywhere else. Y'all have all the rest of your impact players locked up till '09 and '10.

Not a bad situation at all. If Sarvers not happy going deep into the playoffs every year with a 65-70 million salary overhead then he's not a very good owner.

Yes! Luxury Tax Hell!!! Maybe you should look at the facts before you state something you don't really know anything about.

We have 10 players on contract next year, Amare, Marion, Boris, Raja, Nash, Barbosa, James Jones, Kurt Thomas, Eric Paitkowski, yes he is on our team,and uggghhh Marcus Banks. With those 8 players we are already $22,100,000 over the cap. In 2008-2009 we have 8 players under contract and are already $15,594,000 over the cap.

I am not going to go into any more details as I think that will show you what I mean. this is why I say your statement of having a reasonable budget was not a very good one and we will be in luxury tax hell next season.

You can go here if you feel like you want more info....
http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2012

LavaLamp
05-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Around how much does an NBA team which goes deep into the playoffs every year bring in as far as yearly gross revenues?

GrandeDavid
05-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Well if he doesn't win it all this year, you gotta admit his window is closing. I'm sure the Suns are aware of that and the team will play with a big sense of urgency.

Tonight will be the toughest game all year for the Spurs.

TampaDude
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Well if he doesn't win it all this year, you gotta admit his window is closing. I'm sure the Suns are aware of that and the team will play with a big sense of urgency.

Tonight will be the toughest game all year for the Spurs.

Agreed...if the Spurs win tonight, they will probably go on to win the title.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes! Luxury Tax Hell!!! Maybe you should look at the facts before you state something you don't really know anything about.

We have 10 players on contract next year, Amare, Marion, Boris, Raja, Nash, Barbosa, James Jones, Kurt Thomas, Eric Paitkowski, yes he is on our team,and uggghhh Marcus Banks. With those 8 players we are already $22,100,000 over the cap. In 2008-2009 we have 8 players under contract and are already $15,594,000 over the cap.

I am not going to go into any more details as I think that will show you what I mean. this is why I say your statement of having a reasonable budget was not a very good one and we will be in luxury tax hell next season.

You can go here if you feel like you want more info....
http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2012

uhhh....

Phoenix Suns Date # of total
Player signed years salary misc FA
Sean Marks ............ 7/27/06 1 minimum '07
Jumaine Jones ......... 9/1/06 1 ??? '07
Jalen Rose ............ 10/7/06 1 $1.5 million '07
Shawn Marion .......... 7/30/99,8/8/02 4+6 $7,252,096+$79mill p-opt '08
James Jones ........... 8/25/05 4 $11 million p-opt '08
Eric Piatkowski ....... 7/13/06 2 minimum '08
Kurt Thomas ........... 8/1/00,3/9/04 5+4 $25 mill + $30 mill '09
Raja Bell ............. 8/3/05 5 $24 million '10
Steve Nash ............ 7/14/04 6 $66 million t-opt '10
Amare Stoudemire ...... 7/5/02,10/3/05 4+5 $8,288,063+$73 mill p-opt'10
Marcus Banks .......... 7/20/06 5 $21 million '11
Leandro Barbosa ....... 7/16/03,8/4/06 4+5 $4,289,613+$33 mill '12
Boris Diaw ............ 7/10/03,10/20/06 4+5 $5,163,421+$45 mill '12
Pat Burke ............. 8/18/05 ?? ??? '??

Dude, your team has all your current impact players locked up for at least the next 2 years. Plus don't you still have a shitload of stockpiled draft picks? Y'all are only #7 on the salary list (Spurs are #9) and every team above you on the salary list has already been eliminated. What the fuck are you crying about?

Luxury tax is your owners problem. It's not like the one time waiver (that got us Finley from Dallas) is still available. He doesn't have a choice. Salaries going out will have to match salaries coming in. Sarvers not into it for the annual profit anyway...no NBA owners are except for a couple of them. Thats old school Donald Sterling stuff. I'm sure it would be nice for Sarver if they broke even, but again, thats not your problem. It's all about the capital gains when he sells it to the next basketball billionaire.

If you think the Suns HAVE to win this year or their done you are nuts. Suns are set for a good run.

Enjoy it while you got it. I love watching my Spurs play even when we don't win it all.

dbestpro
05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
I still think the kick by Nash on Kobe deserves the utmost of attention. Bowen is getting singled out when what Nash did is far worse. For those who lock out on this topic you simply are as worthless as tits on borehog. I'll be at the game cheering like a real fan while the rest of you numb nut editors would do better as a Sun fan. Oh, yea and don't forget your cup of latte.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Around how much does an NBA team which goes deep into the playoffs every year bring in as far as yearly gross revenues?

Don't have access to the gross revenues but Spurs used to make about 10 million a year net. Probably won't be able to keep that up because they are creeping up the salary chart (#9) and may hit lux tax territory themselves.

The big money on sports franchises is the retained value that is realized when they are sold. It's like buying a stock that doesn't pay shit for dividends but doubles and triples in value while you hold it.

Ghost Writer
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I think Nash can be effective in any offense, but he is best suited for a wheelin' and dealin', freestyle offense. The thing is, I think he is such a playmaker and a tablesetter, that his presence alone could turn stagnant half-court teams into more fluid offenses.

I have not seen a player do things with his feet and the ball like this since Hakeem Olajuwon. It's like he is playing soccer instead of basketball.

To think Dallas had the two back-to-back MVPs in the fold a few seasons ago.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
uhhhh maybe you should reread my first response to your post.

You said the budget was reasonable and I showed you why it wasn't. I don't think Sarver is gonna pony up the $ to pay the luxury tax to the extent it is looking right now if we don't win this year and even if we do win this year there is still that chance. Based on those salaries and the number of players accounting for it you tell me how our budget is reasonable.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
uhhhh maybe you should reread my first response to your post.

You said the budget was reasonable and I showed you why it wasn't. I don't think Sarver is gonna pony up the $ to pay the luxury tax to the extent it is looking right now if we don't win this year and even if we do win this year there is still that chance. Based on those salaries and the number of players accounting for it you tell me how our budget is reasonable.

*sigh*

You don't get it. Sarver doesn't have a choice. He has contracts and can't dump salary. Ever read the CBA from start to finish? I have. Enjoy your team while you have it Chicken Little. The sky won't really fall if you lose this series.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 07:41 PM
*sigh*

You don't get it. Sarver doesn't have a choice. He has contracts and can't dump salary. Ever read the CBA from start to finish? I have. Enjoy your team while you have it Chicken Little. The sky won't really fall if you lose this series.

*sigh*

didn't say the sky would fall. Stated we weren't in a good situation budget wise which you did. Showed you why and now you are pretending to be the all knowing at how a franchise is run and that for some reason you feel I intimated that the Suns will be destitute if we don't win the series. Whatever, man, get off your high horse. I applaud you for reading the CBA though you must have lots to live for.
:rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 08:05 PM
*sigh*

didn't say the sky would fall. Stated we weren't in a good situation budget wise which you did. Showed you why and now you are pretending to be the all knowing at how a franchise is run and that for some reason you feel I intimated that the Suns will be destitute if we don't win the series. Whatever, man, get off your high horse. I applaud you for reading the CBA though you must have lots to live for.
:rolleyes

Oh, bite me asshole. You are a Suns fan and I was just trying to tell you why your team in a good position. You have all your impact players LOCKED DOWN. No new contract negotiations to be lux tax busters or cause you to lose any key players. Suns and Spurs are only a couple hundred thousand apart salary wise so our position applies closely to yours. I don't get your doom and gloom bullshit but maybe I should take that as a good sign for tonight. You as a semi-literate fan are already worrying about next season and not about playing in June.

As far as reading the CBA, It took less than an hour. I figured if I was gonna spend 200+ hours a year watching basketball it might be fun to try to understand how the business worked. Maybe thats just me and my no life.

I can live with that.

Marcus Bryant
05-14-2007, 08:06 PM
CC needs to tell us about the time he had the 3some while reading the old CBA. That was good stuff.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
CC needs to tell us about the time he had the 3some while reading the old CBA. That was good stuff.

:lmao

Didn't take long for the old Spursfan to surface. The sexual jealousy was actually one of your most endearing traits. Keep it up doughboy LOL

Marcus Bryant
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
...as being a crotchety old man with psychedelic drug induced memories of the '70s was one of yours.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
:lmao

Tru Dat

how ya been? still in Austin?

Marcus Bryant
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Nah, I left Babylon on the Colorado. Things are good.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
So where ya at now? Please tell me you didn't go back to College Station.

picnroll
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
*sigh*

He can dump salary to teams under the cap.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh, bite me asshole. You are a Suns fan and I was just trying to tell you why your team in a good position. You have all your impact players LOCKED DOWN. No new contract negotiations to be lux tax busters or cause you to lose any key players. Suns and Spurs are only a couple hundred thousand apart salary wise so our position applies closely to yours. I don't get your doom and gloom bullshit but maybe I should take that as a good sign for tonight. You as a semi-literate fan are already worrying about next season and not about playing in June.

As far as reading the CBA, It took less than an hour. I figured if I was gonna spend 200+ hours a year watching basketball it might be fun to try to understand how the business worked. Maybe thats just me and my no life.

I can live with that.

doom and gloom? ok? semi-literate? I think that would be you since you take my original response into this long diatribe. where is the doom and gloom. I STATED WE DONT HAVE A REASONABLE BUDGET!!!! If what you think we have is a reasonable budget then you have some issues.

you should take a closer look at your situation and compare it to ours if we are apparently only a couple hundred thousand dollars apart!?!?

http://www.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1177570258.jpeg

http://www.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1177279963.jpeg

Where is this couple hundred thousand $???? Looks like you guys have 2 more players on roster next year and are about $11 mil less in salary than us.. But we are in similar positions? OK....whatever you say..But I am the asshole and semi literate one here?

Shut up and go pick a fight elsewhere now!!!

Marcus Bryant
05-14-2007, 08:36 PM
eh, shut up.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 08:36 PM
He can dump salary to teams under the cap.

sure about that? :)

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
doom and gloom? ok? semi-literate? I think that would be you since you take my original response into this long diatribe. where is the doom and gloom. I STATED WE DONT HAVE A REASONABLE BUDGET!!!! If what you think we have is a reasonable budget then you have some issues.

you should take a closer look at your situation and compare it to ours if we are apparently only a couple hundred thousand dollars apart!?!?

http://www.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1177570258.jpeg

http://www.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1177279963.jpeg

Where is this couple hundred thousand $???? Looks like you guys have 2 more players on roster next year and are about $11 mil less in salary than us.. But we are in similar positions? OK....whatever you say..But I am the asshole and semi literate one here?

Shut up and go pick a fight elsewhere now!!!

Jeez...are you really Sarver in drag?

Look at your lineup through 2009 and factor in your draft picks.

What the fuck are you as a fan complaining about?

It's not your money.

Marcus Bryant
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM

It's not your money.

Yeah no shit.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Jeez...are you really Sarver in drag?

Look at your lineup through 2009 and factor in your draft picks.

It's not your money.

I said I didn't know if Sarver would pony up the cash. I guess that is doom and gloom and complaining in your book. Whatever. Know the facts and what the argument is I made before you jump all over my shit. Some Spurs fans think they fucking know everything.Thanks for trying to educate me about me own team just because you have no life and read the CBA.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I said I didn't know if Sarver would pony up the cash. I guess that is doom and gloom and complaining in your book. Whatever. Know the facts and what the argument is I made before you jump all over my shit. Some Spurs fans think they fucking know everything.Thanks for trying to educate me about me own team just because you have no life and read the CBA.

You really don't have to worry about it until 2009. Quit looking at the bottom line dollars and look at the blank spots in our roster in 2008-2009. Those players have to be replaced with appropriate players and they certainly won't come any cheaper.

Just enjoy the games. Savor them. It's probably not gonna be very pretty to be a Spurs fan in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 and who knows how long after that. It's been a nice run. just enjoy it while you have it dude.

ballhog
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I hate his facial expressions......http://www.nba.com/media/stevenash_627_070508.jpg