PDA

View Full Version : Is Amare Stoudemire now revealed to be the Stupidest player in the NBA?

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
I'd have to say so. First he runs his mouth and calls the Spurs out just before he and his own teammates began cheap shotting the hell out of the Spurs - so he's an obvious hypocrite.

Secondly, he does close to the single stupidest thing anyone in that situation can do and puts the league in a position where they HAVE to suspend him. That makes him an obvious IDIOT.

Third, he then proceeds to go to the post game press conference and COMPLETELY LIE to everyone while the network is playing the footage on TV. He proves that he is nothing but a liar and his word can never be trusted again for anything. He has no credibility for the rest of his career now, nobody should believe anything he says. That makes him a boldfaced liar.

So, he's a hypocritical, shit talking, whining, idiot liar. Is there anyone worse in the league?

zocool16
05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Chillax bro. He's just young

Dingle Barry
05-15-2007, 12:44 AM
dont talk about black jesus this way

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2007, 12:48 AM
dont talk about black jesus this way
white jesus never lied hahhahahaa

L.I.T
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM

Yeah, so is Brandon Roy. And by the way, the guy is 24 and has been in the league for 5 years and plays with one of the smartest guys in the league.

If we're going to dump on guys like Kwame Brown for never developing their basketball IQ and continually acting like a complete moron why can't we do the same with Amare?

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Most people are more intelligent by the age of 9 than Stoudemire is right now. You telling me Amare can't be expected to keep his ass on the bench? To not be hypocritical, a cry baby, and a bold faced liar? The guy's an idiot and should be called out for it.

1SUNSFAN
05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
And yet he OWNS the whole damn Spurs team whenever he is on the court! I'll take that idiot anyday! Go SUNS!

blaze89
05-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Well, if he's suspended then he's dumb, if he isn't he's lucky.

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Most people are more intelligent by the age of 9 than Stoudemire is right now. You telling me Amare can't be expected to keep his ass on the bench? To not be hypocritical, a cry baby, and a bold faced liar? The guy's an idiot and should be called out for it.
Man, so a man not smarter than a 9 year old owns the Spurs. Sweet!

There were Spurs players who were off the bench, too. If Amare and Diaw are suspended, they have to suspend those guys too--and Mike D'Antoni and his asst. Phil Webber (both of them were on the court). The league isn't going to do anything because there's nothing to be done.

But it makes Suns' fans feel better to know that Spurs fans feel that they need to face the Suns short handed to win. Wimps.

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Man, so a man not smarter than a 9 year old owns the Spurs. Sweet!

There were Spurs players who were off the bench, too. If Amare and Diaw are suspended, they have to suspend those guys too--and Mike D'Antoni and his asst. Phil Webber (both of them were on the court). The league isn't going to do anything because there's nothing to be done.

But it makes Suns' fans feel better to know that Spurs fans feel that they need to face the Suns short handed to win. Wimps.

Who were the Spurs players off the bench? Name them. Proof?

There were no Spurs players off the bench, and if there were then suspend them too. It seems the Spurs are at least disciplined enough to not break the most widely known NBA rule. Apparently, Stoudemire isn't.

I think the Spurs would win regardless, but rules are fucking rules. If you don't like it, fuck you.

Budkin
05-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Amare owned us in the 4th quarter... we can't talk.

Loose Cannon
05-15-2007, 01:01 AM
He is not going to be suspended. Not a chance the NBA does that.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2007, 01:03 AM

There were no Spurs players off the bench, and if there were then suspend them too. It seems the Spurs are at least disciplined enough to not break the most widely known NBA rule. Apparently, Stoudemire isn't.

I think the Spurs would win regardless, but rules are fucking rules. If you don't like it, fuck you.
Has the words extinuating circumstances ever been brought up to you? Hopefully Stu makes a moral call rather than go strictly by the law. Asking Stern to be human might be asking too much.

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:04 AM

Oberto and Elson. Check the replay.

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Has the words extinuating circumstances ever been brought up to you? Hopefully Stu makes a moral call rather than go strictly by the law. Asking Stern to be human might be asking too much.

Has the word "precedent" ever entered your vocabulary? Go look it up.

The NBA has set many precedents stating that taking one step on the court (as Barkley did and was suspended) from the bench get's you a game. Not my rule, the NBA's. So now you are asking the NBA to bend their rule for the Suns and for that idiot Stoudemire as well as Diaw? That would obliterate any integrity the NBA may still be clinging on to. If they have anything left at this point, it's their steadfast, iron clad rule on leaving the bench during a fight. They've made that call many times for far less than what Stoudemire and Diaw did, so now they have to suspend them.

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 01:08 AM

I haven't seen that replay, but if they left the bench and walked on the court then they should be suspended too. It's the rule.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 01:08 AM

If the NBA doesn't suspend both Stoudemire and Diaw, then I will lose all respect for them. The rules are the rules...NO EXCEPTIONS.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 01:09 AM

If that's true, then suspend their asses, too!

Loose Cannon
If the NBA doesn't suspend both Stoudemire and Diaw, then I will lose all respect for them. The rules are the rules...NO EXCEPTIONS.

I agree completely, but it's not going to happen.

Catharsis
I have been told that the league does things differently in the playoffs. Games become more physical, players get more space to do things that wouldn't be allowed in the regular season. This is no different then that.

Who wants to see these two great teams at full strength in game 5? EVERYONE does.

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Amare revealed himself to be the stupidest player in the NBA long before tonight. Read a few pages of 7 Seconds Or Less and that becomes painfully obvious.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:10 AM

Signed, Patrick Ewing (because you probably need some help, go google Charlie Ward, Patrick Ewing leaving bench).

Ewing took two steps off the bench in a playoff game and got suspended. Amare took 20.

DarrinS
05-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I have been told that the league does things differently in the playoffs. Games become more physical, players get more space to do things that wouldn't be allowed in the regular season. This is no different then that.

Who wants to see these two great teams at full strength in game 5? EVERYONE does.

I want to see them at "full strength". Unlike pussy Suns fans, I like to see good, physical basketball, which is what we saw tonight. (see, your team can survive it).

I don't know about the other Spurs fans here, but a Thomas at 100% strength scares the living shit out of me. :rolleyes

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I agree completely, but it's not going to happen.
That's right. You can knee a guy in the crotch and be okay. But if you make one inch off the bench in an altercation, you are suspended. Rules are rules (code for "I'm too scared to see my team face a pissed off Suns team at home when they are at full strength"). Thank goodness for those rules!

Btw, if rules are rules, expect Horry to miss more than one game. One for the foul, another for the elbow punch to Bell. Rules are rules.

Johnny RIngo
05-15-2007, 01:15 AM

First the Suns fans whine about the Spurs being too physical/dirty and hoped that Bowen would get suspended. Now they want to overlook an instance in the game and just claim it's a physical aspect of the game? Double standards IMO.

And to correct you there's only one great team in this series. Suns haven't won shit to warrant any label of greatness.

DarrinS
05-15-2007, 01:16 AM
That's right. You can knee a guy in the crotch and be okay. But if you make one inch off the bench in an altercation, you are suspended. Rules are rules (code for "I'm too scared to see my team face a pissed off Suns team at home when they are at full strength"). Thank goodness for those rules!

Btw, if rules are rules, expect Horry to miss more than one game. One for the foul, another for the elbow punch to Bell. Rules are rules.

For God's sake, get off of Nash's nut sack. He was over it a long time before you 'fans'. If the whole team (and Suns fans) had HALF the ballls of Nash, the Suns may have won something by now.

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
First the Suns fans whine about the Spurs being too physical/dirty and hoped that Bowen would get suspended. Now they want to overlook an instance in the game and just claim it's a physical aspect of the game? Double standards IMO.

And to correct you there's only one great team in this series. Suns haven't won shit to warrant any label of greatness.
Yeah, I guess it isn't a double standard to want your guy protected when he knees another guy in the crotch, but not another guy protected when he breaks a rule that has zero bearing on a situation.

Suns have home court and Spurs fans are scarred shitless. The last time the Suns won two games in the playoffs against the Spurs they eliminated them

Louie Vega
And yet he OWNS the whole damn Spurs team whenever he is on the court! I'll take that idiot anyday! Go SUNS!

I'd be embarrassed to have that neanderthal on my team! Like I said before Suns fans must cringe whenever he opens his mouth for fear of stupidity spilling out of his mouth!

efrem1
I thought I was done for the night, but I found this from the AZ Central page:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0514sunsONLINE.html

"Dir-ty, dir-ty, dir-ty," Stoudemire yelled out to the AT&T Center crowd after he stayed on the court for the final 3:58 with five fouls to score 26 points. "Can I get a dirty now? Now, was I out of line?"

Rise up Spurs and stuff his behind. :ihit

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:20 AM
I'd be embarrassed to have that neanderthal on my team! Like I said before Suns fans must cringe whenever he opens his mouth for fear of stupidity spilling out of his mouth!
2-2 going back to Phx because of that neanderthal.

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
I thought I was done for the night, but I found this from the AZ Central page:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0514sunsONLINE.html

"Dir-ty, dir-ty, dir-ty," Stoudemire yelled out to the AT&T Center crowd after he stayed on the court for the final 3:58 with five fouls to score 26 points. "Can I get a dirty now? Now, was I out of line?"

Rise up Spurs and stuff his behind. :ihit
Yeah, do it in game six to bring it back to a final game seven in PHOENIX!

kps0001
05-15-2007, 01:23 AM
I'd have to say so. First he runs his mouth and calls the Spurs out just before he and his own teammates began cheap shotting the hell out of the Spurs - so he's an obvious hypocrite.

Secondly, he does close to the single stupidest thing anyone in that situation can do and puts the league in a position where they HAVE to suspend him. That makes him an obvious IDIOT.

Third, he then proceeds to go to the post game press conference and COMPLETELY LIE to everyone while the network is playing the footage on TV. He proves that he is nothing but a liar and his word can never be trusted again for anything. He has no credibility for the rest of his career now, nobody should believe anything he says. That makes him a boldfaced liar.

So, he's a hypocritical, shit talking, whining, idiot liar. Is there anyone worse in the league?

I couldn't care less. We one the fucking game. Spurs fans can now bitch about the calls and how dumb Amare is.. I dont care because the Spurs played a great game and gave it up in the end when they could have ended the series.

Suns Win

Suns win

Suns Win

Suns win

Series is even steven now......

Shred
05-15-2007, 01:26 AM
It seems like there's no joy in the game anymore for some of you people. For godssake, chill out before your blood pressure goes through the roof and you stroke.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Has the word "precedent" ever entered your vocabulary? Go look it up.
They've made that call many times for far less than what Stoudemire and Diaw did, so now they have to suspend them.
You will be sorely disappointed just as Dallas was when Jackson was not suspended. Something pathetic about fans that hope for the ultimate penalty for a triviality that was not in the spirit of the rule. Stoudemire will not be suspended although the Spurs may rely on that false confidence to their detriment.

timvp
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Is Amare Stoudemire now revealed to be the Stupidest player in the NBA?

No, Amare Stoudemire is now revealed to be the player who hit the two biggest shots to potentially knock the Spurs out of the playoffs.

Johnny RIngo
05-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I guess it isn't a double standard to want your guy protected when he knees another guy in the crotch, but not another guy protected when he breaks a rule that has zero bearing on a situation.

Suns have home court and Spurs fans are scarred shitless. The last time the Suns won two games in the playoffs against the Spurs they eliminated them

Scared shitless? Hell if it wasn't for the refs keeping you in the game tonight Suns would be fishing come Thursday. Now it's going to take 6 games instead of 5 to get rid of you whiners. Big whoop.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Suns won't win a championship with their gimmick style of basketball. If it isn't SA it's going to be Detroit or any other defensive-minded team.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Scared shitless? Hell if it wasn't for the refs keeping you in the game tonight Suns would be fishing come Thursday. Now it's going to take 6 games instead of 5 to get rid of you whiners. Big whoop.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Suns won't win a championship with their gimmick style of basketball. If it isn't SA it's going to be Detroit or any other defensive-minded team.

Doesn't matter to me. I was born in Detroit and live in Phoenix. It's a Win/Win

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:32 AM

The Suns were #1 in defensive efficiency this season.

efrem1
05-15-2007, 01:34 AM
No, Amare Stoudemire is now revealed to be the player who hit the two biggest shots to potentially knock the Spurs out of the playoffs.

I am not panicking timvp. They said the same thing after he hit that hail mary shot in 03. Let Amare and Diaw play. I am not going to be sucked into the suspension game. Sucks for us tonight, but Amare is the spoiled brat that he is for chanting into the crowd.

mbass

I', sure you've heard the expression "the lights are on but nobody's home" - that describes Amare.

RonMexico

You're the worst new poster among all the Around the Horn wannabes that have cropped up on this thread. Please go back into your 3-1 hole and bring me all the headbands that are destroying your team.

Good God - the Suns have not "cheap shot" the Spurs more than anything the Spurs have done... you must mean that time Steve Nash threw Robert Horry into the boards... or when Nash kneed Bowen in the crotch... oh, it definitely had to the be the time Raja Bell went up and stepped on Tim Duncan's heel.

VincentG
05-15-2007, 01:35 AM

There has been so many no calls in this series both ways. If you have the last game TIVO'd go back and look at Timmy. He didn't get called on about 4 different fouls which would have had him foul out. So what? Despite what the refs do you still get your chances to win the game.

This series still goes 7 with San Antonio taking it in a close one thanks to defense.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 01:42 AM

In the future, please find an original topic...maybe something on your soon to be eliminated Bulls.

GreasyJoe
05-15-2007, 01:43 AM
I couldn't care less. We one the fucking game. Spurs fans can now bitch about the calls and how dumb Amare is.. I dont care because the Spurs played a great game and gave it up in the end when they could have ended the series.

Suns Win

Suns win

Suns Win

Suns win

Series is even steven now......

What are you fucking 8yrs old?

joeyjfive
05-15-2007, 01:58 AM

The last time the Suns won two games in the playoffs against the Spurs was in 2003, which y'all lost in 6 games and we went on to win a title, WTF are you talking about?

Gaddabout
05-15-2007, 02:10 AM
If the whole team (and Suns fans) had HALF the ballls of Nash, the Suns may have won something by now.

This is funny, because it obviously means you think you had something to do with the Spurs' three championships. I guess it meant you were tough enough as a fan. Way to go, DarrinS! I hope you got your ring, too.

Johnny RIngo
05-15-2007, 02:29 AM
The Suns were #1 in defensive efficiency this season.

Rank in EFG% of every NBA champion since the ABA/NBA merger in 76-77:

05-06: Miami 10th
04-05: San Antonio 1st
03-04: Detroit 2nd
02-03: San Antonio 2nd
01-02: LA Lakers 2nd
00-01: LA Lakers 13th
99-00: LA Lakers 1st
98-99: San Antonio 1st
97-98: Chicago 5th
96-97: Chicago 3rd
95-96: Chicago 6th
94-95: Houston 7th
93-94: Houston 3rd
92-93: Chicago 15th
91-92: Chicago 9th
90-91: Chicago 13th
89-90: Detroit 1st
88-89: Detroit 2nd
87-88: LA Lakers 9th
86-87: LA Lakers 6th
85-86: Boston 1st
84-85: LA Lakers 5th
83-84: Boston 2nd
82-83: Philadelphia 4th
81-82: LA Lakers 10th
80-81: Boston 3rd
79-80: LA Lakers 7th
78-79: Seattle 1st
77-78: Washington 10th
76-77: Portland 7th

Average Rank: 5.4

Phoenix ranked 12th this year in EFG%. So in the last 30 years, only three teams have finished the year with a worse EFG% and won the title.

Twice it was the Bulls during their first 3-peat and the 00-01 Lakers who steamrolled through the Playoffs, losing only one game.

fxy851010
05-15-2007, 02:46 AM
I agree with you. He is too young