Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'd have to say so. First he runs his mouth and calls the Spurs out just before he and his own teammates began cheap shotting the out of the Spurs - so he's an obvious hypocrite.

Secondly, he does close to the single stupidest thing anyone in that situation can do and puts the league in a position where they HAVE to suspend him. That makes him an obvious IDIOT.

Third, he then proceeds to go to the post game press conference and COMPLETELY LIE to everyone while the network is playing the footage on TV. He proves that he is nothing but a liar and his word can never be trusted again for anything. He has no credibility for the rest of his career now, nobody should believe anything he says. That makes him a boldfaced liar.

So, he's a hypocritical, talking, whining, idiot liar. Is there anyone worse in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chillax bro. He's just young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont talk about black jesus this way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont talk about black jesus this way
    white jesus never lied hahhahahaa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, so is Brandon Roy. And by the way, the guy is 24 and has been in the league for 5 years and plays with one of the smartest guys in the league.

If we're going to dump on guys like Kwame Brown for never developing their basketball IQ and continually acting like a complete moron why can't we do the same with Amare?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Most people are more intelligent by the age of 9 than Stoudemire is right now. You telling me Amare can't be expected to keep his ass on the bench? To not be hypocritical, a cry baby, and a bold faced liar? The guy's an idiot and should be called out for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    And yet he OWNS the whole damn Spurs team whenever he is on the court! I'll take that idiot anyday! Go SUNS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if he's suspended then he's dumb, if he isn't he's lucky.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Most people are more intelligent by the age of 9 than Stoudemire is right now. You telling me Amare can't be expected to keep his ass on the bench? To not be hypocritical, a cry baby, and a bold faced liar? The guy's an idiot and should be called out for it.
    Man, so a man not smarter than a 9 year old owns the Spurs. Sweet!

There were Spurs players who were off the bench, too. If Amare and Diaw are suspended, they have to suspend those guys too--and Mike D'Antoni and his asst. Phil Webber (both of them were on the court). The league isn't going to do anything because there's nothing to be done.

But it makes Suns' fans feel better to know that Spurs fans feel that they need to face the Suns short handed to win. Wimps.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Man, so a man not smarter than a 9 year old owns the Spurs. Sweet!

There were Spurs players who were off the bench, too. If Amare and Diaw are suspended, they have to suspend those guys too--and Mike D'Antoni and his asst. Phil Webber (both of them were on the court). The league isn't going to do anything because there's nothing to be done.

But it makes Suns' fans feel better to know that Spurs fans feel that they need to face the Suns short handed to win. Wimps.
    Who were the Spurs players off the bench? Name them. Proof?

There were no Spurs players off the bench, and if there were then suspend them too. It seems the Spurs are at least disciplined enough to not break the most widely known NBA rule. Apparently, Stoudemire isn't.

I think the Spurs would win regardless, but rules are ing rules. If you don't like it, you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare owned us in the 4th quarter... we can't talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not going to be suspended. Not a chance the NBA does that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

There were no Spurs players off the bench, and if there were then suspend them too. It seems the Spurs are at least disciplined enough to not break the most widely known NBA rule. Apparently, Stoudemire isn't.

I think the Spurs would win regardless, but rules are ing rules. If you don't like it, you.
    Has the words extinuating cir stances ever been brought up to you? Hopefully Stu makes a moral call rather than go strictly by the law. Asking Stern to be human might be asking too much.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Oberto and Elson. Check the replay.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Has the words extinuating cir stances ever been brought up to you? Hopefully Stu makes a moral call rather than go strictly by the law. Asking Stern to be human might be asking too much.
    Has the word "precedent" ever entered your vocabulary? Go look it up.

The NBA has set many precedents stating that taking one step on the court (as Barkley did and was suspended) from the bench get's you a game. Not my rule, the NBA's. So now you are asking the NBA to bend their rule for the Suns and for that idiot Stoudemire as well as Diaw? That would obliterate any integrity the NBA may still be clinging on to. If they have anything left at this point, it's their steadfast, iron clad rule on leaving the bench during a fight. They've made that call many times for far less than what Stoudemire and Diaw did, so now they have to suspend them.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I haven't seen that replay, but if they left the bench and walked on the court then they should be suspended too. It's the rule.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the NBA doesn't suspend both Stoudemire and Diaw, then I will lose all respect for them. The rules are the rules...NO EXCEPTIONS.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's true, then suspend their asses, too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the NBA doesn't suspend both Stoudemire and Diaw, then I will lose all respect for them. The rules are the rules...NO EXCEPTIONS.
    I agree completely, but it's not going to happen.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I have been told that the league does things differently in the playoffs. Games become more physical, players get more space to do things that wouldn't be allowed in the regular season. This is no different then that.

Who wants to see these two great teams at full strength in game 5? EVERYONE does.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Amare revealed himself to be the stupidest player in the NBA long before tonight. Read a few pages of 7 Seconds Or Less and that becomes painfully obvious.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signed, Patrick Ewing (because you probably need some help, go google Charlie Ward, Patrick Ewing leaving bench).

Ewing took two steps off the bench in a playoff game and got suspended. Amare took 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been told that the league does things differently in the playoffs. Games become more physical, players get more space to do things that wouldn't be allowed in the regular season. This is no different then that.

Who wants to see these two great teams at full strength in game 5? EVERYONE does.

I want to see them at "full strength". Unlike pussy Suns fans, I like to see good, physical basketball, which is what we saw tonight. (see, your team can survive it).

I don't know about the other Spurs fans here, but a Thomas at 100% strength scares the living out of me.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I agree completely, but it's not going to happen.
    That's right. You can knee a guy in the crotch and be okay. But if you make one inch off the bench in an altercation, you are suspended. Rules are rules (code for "I'm too scared to see my team face a pissed off Suns team at home when they are at full strength"). Thank goodness for those rules!

Btw, if rules are rules, expect Horry to miss more than one game. One for the foul, another for the elbow punch to Bell. Rules are rules.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First the Suns fans whine about the Spurs being too physical/dirty and hoped that Bowen would get suspended. Now they want to overlook an instance in the game and just claim it's a physical aspect of the game? Double standards IMO.

And to correct you there's only one great team in this series. Suns haven't won to warrant any label of greatness.

Thread Information