PDA

View Full Version : *Who Agrees With the Suspensions?*

TheSanityAnnex
05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Do you agree with the suspension?

duncan228
05-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Agree or not, rules are rules.
I don't think any one is surprised by it.

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
i like your boobs.

jn77
05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Rules are rules. Robert had to go for what he did, Staudamire and Diaw should have stayed on the bench.

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I think it sucks.

djohn14
It was a bad foul by Horry. He's not a "dirty player", but It was a bad foul. Nash did flop a little, but once again, it was a bad foul. Amare and Bell both stepped on the court when they weren't supposed to. I agree with the suspensions.

King
I agree with it as the rule is written - but i think it's a stupid rule. I don't think Amare/Diaw should be suspended, but more than that, I think the rule should given room for interpretation. Amare/Boris were never a threat to get involved, and that should be taken into account in these situations.

NorCal510
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
i like your boobs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
"Rules are rules". Bullshit. We have rules as guides, we have brains to interpret rules through context.

Amare and Boris should have been slapped on the wrist and fined, and Rob should have gotten a game.

These suspensions forever taint this series. If we win it, people will always say that it was because of the suspensions. It's the asterisk all over again. I want to win fair and square or lose fair and square.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2007, 06:33 PM
"Rules are rules". Bullshit. We have rules as guides, we have brains to interpret rules through context.

Amare and Boris should have been slapped on the wrist and fined, and Rob should have gotten a game.

These suspensions forever taint this series. If we win it, people will always say that it was because of the suspensions. It's the asterisk all over again. I want to win fair and square or lose fair and square.

I agree with what you said, but remember that other NBA stars have been suspended for far less. That doesn't change the fact that this sucks, but it does mean that the NBA is consistent, if nothing else.

michaelwcho
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
I agree that Stoudemire and Diaw should be punished (according to statute), but I don't agree that the series should be compromised because of it.

I don't think Nash flopped. He was going full speed, and then he hit the table hard. And did you see the look on his face afterwards? He looked insane!

word
05-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Nash flop backfires.

flame
Ill take consistency (whether bad or good) over being inconsistent. What pissed me off about last night is that the refs were inconsistent. Calling touch fouls and not muggings...didn't make much sense.

I say - the NBA has made up for the inconsistencies of last night.

cbinge
Basketball gods were pissed at the nba for putting neis and javie in the same game and made sure they fixed it.

to21
05-15-2007, 06:39 PM
I vote................this is a BS poll. Take your poll to a Suns board so you can get the results you want to see.

BTW, I like ur boobs too.

nkdlunch
05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
it's not about agreeing with the Suspension. The NBA did what they had to do, what they been doing for years and years. they are being consistent.

I disagree with the rule. It's stupid. they need to polish it up.

CosmicCowboy
05-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I still think that the best out for the NBA was to suspend Horry/Bell for one game since that was the epicenter of the scuffle and rule that Amare and Diaw were still "in the vicintity" of the bench. Even if they had intent to join in and gang bang Horry their coaches restrained them near the bench before the brawl got to critical mass.

But hell...I'll take this decision LOL.

If Spurs win game 5 and the Suns fold in the next two games at full strength they deserved to lose.

If Spurs lose game 5 they deserve to lose the series and probably will.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Rules are rules. Robert had to go for what he did, Staudamire and Diaw should have stayed on the bench.

Ditto.

Bandit2981
05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree with the suspension, because the rule is the rule, and precedent shows how consistent the league is with it...besides, if Amare and Diaw were in the game at the time, and this was Jalen Rose and James Jones coming on the court, no one would be discussing anything. Superstars are NOT above the law here. The rule is really designed to prevent someone on the court from getting blindsided by a bench player when an altercation takes place.

Pablo Escobar
05-15-2007, 06:52 PM
i getting sick of all these spurs fans saying these suspensions suck fuck you
if the fuckheads knew how to sit the fuck down they wouldnt be in this sitution in the first place and so what if we win i'll take it

exstatic
05-15-2007, 07:03 PM
The rule was put in place after a series of nasty cat fights between MIA and the NYK back in the day. The league is just reminding peeps that it is STILL in place and that you don't leave the bench. Ever.

ObiwanGinobili
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
yes. rules are rules.
horry was stupid and amare and diaw shoulda kept thier seats.

but I am iffy on the 2 game for Horry.... I think it shouylda just been the 1 game. It's almost as tho the nba is trying to make sure it;s known that they view Horry;s hard foul as the bigger offense. which is a "no shit" item... but apparently they want to make that point.

timvp
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I knew the Spurs were going to get the upper hand when it came to suspensions. The Spurs for some reason always seem to draw the weakest suspensions in league history.

I still don't know what Ron Artest did in Game 1 last year to warrant a suspension.

I didn't particularly want to see the suspensions, but I knew what was coming.

You can't blame the Spurs because they had no part of deciding who was suspended. It might suck but it's time to move on and get Game 5.

Spurs Brazil
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
No, it's BS

The Instigator
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
rules are rules...no need to break them....if you do then what good are they?

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Juwan Howard wasn't suspended at all for taking out Derek Anderson.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
i getting sick of all these spurs fans saying these suspensions suck fuck you
if the fuckheads knew how to sit the fuck down they wouldnt be in this sitution in the first place and so what if we win i'll take it

Not just that. The foul was a result of a lot of shit that happened in that game where the refs allowed the Suns to run wild. Robert was just clutch in showing that he wasn't going to take any of that shit (and he didn't mean to severely injure Nash).

And then Nash flops like Raja Bell squared, which is why idiots Amare and Diaw were drawn to break the rule. Good for those bitches.

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Yes, Amare and Boris should have been slapped on the wrist and fined and Horry only one game. There is no consistency in what Stern does, case in point is what Baron Davis did to Derek Fisher. He doesn't get suspended for throwing an elbow at Fishers head but Kobe in the regular season gets suspended for same type action. Sorry Mav fans, but when Jason Terry threw Davis down in that series he didn't even get a foul if I remember correctly. There is no rhyme or reason for the way Stern hands out punishment, plain and simple :devil

Ronaldo McDonald
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
The players must understand that the rule existed. And they are of age to follow the rule. It's really that simple. Rules are rules. Amare's is just a pituitary case and he let his emotions get the best of him. You can't blame the league. The league has set a rule that no one should be excepted from following.

Whether it's outside of basketball or inside of it rules exist not bent but to be enforced.

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes, Amare and Boris should have been slapped on the wrist and fined and Horry only one game. There is no consistency in what Stern does, case in point is what Baron Davis did to Derek Fisher. He doesn't get suspended for throwing an elbow at Fishers head but Kobe in the regular season gets suspended for same type action. Sorry Mav fans, but when Jason Terry threw Davis down in that series he didn't even get a foul if I remember correctly. There is no rhyme or reason for the way Stern hands out punishment, plain and simple :devil

Terry got a technical foul for taking down Baron. Or rather, Terry shoving Baron one way, and Baron flopping in the opposite direction. But don't let Spurs fans hear that, or else I'm a fucking homer. Evidently it's nothing at all like accusing Nash of flopping on the Horry foul.

This is pretty shitty, but at the same time, them's the rules. And I don't think Phoenix is nearly as screwed as people may think....they may actually flow a little better without Amare in there screwing things up. More Kurt Thomas is nothing but a good thing for Phoenix.

milkyway21
05-15-2007, 07:33 PM
while watching TV last night I was actually thinking 1 game suspensions each for Amare and Boris :wow and 2 games for Horry:D
the rest of the league, the fans are watching so a suspension is a must.

now it's a 2-2, there's a Spurs game 5 on the road so let's move on.
Re-focus on that 4th title :flag:

Josh810
05-15-2007, 07:39 PM
And then Nash flops like Raja Bell squared, which is why idiots Amare and Diaw were drawn to break the rule. Good for those bitches.
Raja Bell squared..

:lmao

beirmeistr
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Didn't Raja Bell swing at Horry? If he did, he's lucky not to be suspended as well.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Suspensions are another factor that make the NBA the gayest basketball league. They hand out suspensions so easily. Am I the only one that thought Horry's apparent body check wasn't that bad? I mean, it only looked slightly excessive because Nash is much smaller. Nash wasn't harmed at all by that so called body check.

VaSpursFan
05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
horry suspended 2 games for a body check is bullshit. the league wants it to go 7, i hope the spurs man up and piss on their dream.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Horry took him out. I've done it and had it happen to me many of times playing soccer and hockey. Nash didn't flop, he just wasn't expecting it. Anyone saying that he flopped has never been on the receiving end of a shoulder or knee at full speed.

resistanze
05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Suspensions are another factor that make the NBA the gayest basketball league. They hand out suspensions so easily. Am I the only one that thought Horry's apparent body check wasn't that bad? I mean, it only looked slightly excessive because Nash is much smaller. Nash wasn't harmed at all by that so called body check.
I wouldn't have even suspended Horry for the hid check. Only argument for me would b whether or not he elbowed Bell, although Bell was running towards him.

All the suspensions suck, but I dunno why some fans are acting like it's a guaranteed win (even though they should win). They better come with a better showing than game's 4 4th quarter or they'll lose that too.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2007, 08:00 PM
The NBA is the most bullshit league, and it gets progressively worse. The league is run by a bunch of soft ass idiots and the players have some great capabilities buy play like a bunch of girls.

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I "agree" with the suspensions because the rules are unambiguous. But the rule is garbage. It rewards dirty play that baits the other team into coming off the bench.

boutons_
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
This puts a huge * on Game5, which, as pivotal game, puts an * on the series.

Big Shot's Big Shot on Nash may win the series for the Spurs.

Borosai
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
There are no asterisks this series. The Spurs didn't pull the Suns players off the bench. They did it themselves. They hurt their team just like Horry hurt the Spurs.

Horry's hit deserved one game just like Posey received for his shot on Hinrich last year. He got two because the league went by the book on Amare and Diaw. It wouldn't seem right if they all received the same penalty.

Just like injuries don't lead to asterisks (Dirk, 2003), self-inflicted suspensions don't either.

DePastino
05-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Nash flop backfires.

Christ, are you BLIND???

Nash got planted. Get over it.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Christ, are you BLIND???

Over it. Amare and Diaw left the bench. Get over it.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Christ, are you BLIND???

Yes he did and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Horry!!!!!!!!!!

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Any Spurs fan who is happy about these suspensions is a coward and a punk.

DePastino
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Over it. Amare and Diaw left the bench. Get over it.

Do you see me whining about it?

The Suns need to suck it up and kick some ass despite this.

judaspriestess
05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
No one told those two morons especially stoudamire to head toward the altercation. That is sheer stupidity on their part.

The series became tainted the minute the suns started whining about all the calls. They brought this travesty onto themselves. Call it a reckless assumption but I seriously doubt the commissioner wants to get tapes on a regular basis trying to gain sympathy from the higher ups and that is what the suns were/are trying to do through the media. That could backfire, ask mark cuban.

It is what it is.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 09:08 PM
There are no asterisks this series. The Spurs didn't pull the Suns players off the bench. They did it themselves. They hurt their team just like Horry hurt the Spurs.

Horry's hit deserved one game just like Posey received for his shot on Hinrich last year. He got two because the league went by the book on Amare and Diaw. It wouldn't seem right if they all received the same penalty.

Just like injuries don't lead to asterisks (Dirk, 2003), self-inflicted suspensions don't either.

I don't think he meant "asterisk" in a literal sense.

greenroom
05-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Well yes I agree with the suspensions.

The Rules are the rules and that is a big rule. While the rule needs some work on it. It has been a rule for a long time and EVERY team and EVERY players should know if they leave the bench they face a suspension.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
This puts a huge * on Game5, which, as pivotal game, puts an * on the series.

Big Shot's Big Shot on Nash may win the series for the Spurs.

boutons talking out his ass as usual. Lame. Asterick on the series for one game? :lol

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I knew the Spurs were going to get the upper hand when it came to suspensions. The Spurs for some reason always seem to draw the weakest suspensions in league history.

Because the Spurs have enjoyed a long running reputation as being winners, hard workers and overall good guys, which has preceded everything they've done and every game they've played, perhaps until a game or two ago.

Strike
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM

Horry was stupid to nail Nash. Amare and Diaw were stupid to leave the bench. It's not like the decision was made based on events that didn't happen.

If Phoenix loses because of Amare's suspension, that's on him, not Horry and the Spurs. Amare leaving the bench shows what horrible decision making abilites he posesses. Whatever Horry's reason was, whether it was frustration over officiating or his team choking, or a premeditated plan to get some Suns suspended, Amare and Diaw made the choice to leave the bench. No one put guns to their heads, they weren't instructed to do so. They did it of their own volition.

The only "taint" in this series so far has been the crappy officiating and Phoenix's Oscar winning whining performances.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 09:32 PM
No one told those two morons especially stoudamire to head toward the altercation. That is sheer stupidity on their part.

The series became tainted the minute the suns started whining about all the calls. They brought this travesty onto themselves. Call it a reckless assumption but I seriously doubt the commissioner wants to get tapes on a regular basis trying to gain sympathy from the higher ups and that is what the suns were/are trying to do through the media. That could backfire, ask mark cuban.

It is what it is.

Well put! :clap

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Like Suns fans wouldn't be happy if Tim and Tony got suspended mother fucker? The only reason i'm happy is cause after all those tapes the Suns sent the league it is two of their best players getting suspended!
So stop being a little bitch cause deep down you're happy too.......COWARD!!!!! By the way any Spurs fan who gets on a computer and calls people names is a COWARD and a PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 09:34 PM

I think saving a life makes one brave, and walking out on someone you love makes on a coward and a punk.

This is just basketball.

DePastino
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
By the way any Spurs fan who gets on a computer and calls people names is a COWARD and a PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming that you were trying for "clever irony" with that one.

ChumpDumper
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Do something stupid and you leave it up to the league to decide your fate.

dallaskd
05-15-2007, 09:52 PM
yes

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
What sucks for the Spurs now is best case scenario, they win yet another *ship. Worst case scenario, they lose to the Suns tomorrow and become the laughing stock of the league.

zrinkill
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
The Suns players should not have been suspended.

Horry should have been tossed for one game.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
What sucks for the Spurs now is best case scenario, they win yet another *ship. Worst case scenario, they lose to the Suns tomorrow and become the laughing stock of the league.

So if the Spurs win in 6 they would have beat the Suns at full strength 3 out of 4 games including (hopefully) 2 on the Suns own homecourt? No * needed!!!! It's not the Spurs fault that you have neanderthal #1 and neanderthal #2 on your team!

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Terry got a technical foul for taking down Baron. Or rather, Terry shoving Baron one way, and Baron flopping in the opposite direction. But don't let Spurs fans hear that, or else I'm a fucking homer. Evidently it's nothing at all like accusing Nash of flopping on the Horry foul.

This is pretty shitty, but at the same time, them's the rules. And I don't think Phoenix is nearly as screwed as people may think....they may actually flow a little better without Amare in there screwing things up. More Kurt Thomas is nothing but a good thing for Phoenix.

Oh, I didn't realize Terry got a technical, my bad. I'm really hoping Kurt Thomas doesn't get in foul trouble against Duncan because playing Burke would be embarrasing if it came to that. He is basically a big white stiff with no sense at all on the court.

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
So if the Spurs win in 6 they would have beat the Suns at full strength 3 out of 4 games including (hopefully) 2 on the Suns own homecourt? No * needed!!!!

Make that 2. Even non-Suns fans have said the Suns would have won game 1 if Nash's nose hadn't exploded. So a **ship.

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM

Well said :toast

easjer
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Do something stupid and you leave it up to the league to decide your fate.

What Chump said very well.

Amare and Diaw made a bad decision. The league (unsurprisingly) made them pay, and to even it up, gave an (unwarranted, except as a make up) extra game suspension to Horry.

We are not unaffected by this. Horry was important to our lineups, which now mean more small ball (maybe ok without Amare, but bad in for game 6, when Amare wants revenge) and more minutes for Oberto and Elson and trouble if there is foul trouble (not unreasonable given what we've seen of the officials so far).

And let's not assume a game 5 win - if you think the Suns won't be beyond fired up to take out the Spurs on their homecourt without Amare (and it's not like they've never played without them - but it is where Diaw's suspension comes into play), then you are naive.

Spurs are going to have to battle harder than ever and make fewer mistakes than they've made in any game this postseason to win.

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Like Suns fans wouldn't be happy if Tim and Tony got suspended mother fucker? The only reason i'm happy is cause after all those tapes the Suns sent the league it is two of their best players getting suspended!
So stop being a little bitch cause deep down you're happy too.......COWARD!!!!! By the way any Spurs fan who gets on a computer and calls people names is a COWARD and a PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry... this series of events disgusts me. It's not basketball. Championships are supposed to be won by playing the game, not by baiting the other team out of the series with cheap shots.

I guess you're the kind of guy who would celebrate your windfall if you found some old lady's purse with money in it, and would rationalize it by saying everybody else does it too.

violentkitten
05-15-2007, 10:13 PM
so it's settled. punching someone in the nuts warrants a 1 game suspension while giving a little extra shove to someone running into you gets you 2 games.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Make that 2. Even non-Suns fans have said the Suns would have won game 1 if Nash's nose hadn't exploded. So a **ship.
Nash initiated the contact. It's not on the Spurs that he couldn't play. Didn't the officials allow Nash to score five points when he shouldn't have even been allowed to check in?

non-Suns fans = Mavericks fans :lmao

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
so it's settled. punching someone in the nuts warrants a 1 game suspension while giving a little extra shove to someone running into you gets you 2 games.
And taking Derek Anderson out for the remainder of the playoffs warrants no suspension at all.

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM

I wouldn't be happy if they were suspended. *ships are worthless to anyone but Spurs and Rockets fans.

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Nash initiated the contact. It's not on the Spurs that he couldn't play. Didn't the officials allow Nash to score five points when he shouldn't have even been allowed to check in?

non-Suns fans = Mavericks fans :lmao

It doesn't matter if it's caused by the Spurs or not. So if every non-Spurs starter in the league got injured, and the Spurs won the championship, that wouldn't be a *ship?

:drunk

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 10:20 PM
It doesn't matter if it's caused by the Spurs or not. So if every non-Spurs starter in the league got injured, and the Spurs won the championship, that wouldn't be a *ship?

Only to the Suns fans.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Championships are supposed to be won by playing the game, not by baiting the other team out of the series with cheap shots.

Sounds to me like deep down you are really a Suns fan!

I guess you're the kind of guy who would celebrate your windfall if you found some old lady's purse with money in it, and would rationalize it by saying everybody else does it too.

I think you are tying a little too hard to be clever there Sparky! And chances are I carry more money around then some old lady would keep in her purse! ASS!!!!

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Only to the Suns fans.

Ummm no. To all non-Spurs fans. Nice try though.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Ummm no. To all non-Spurs fans. Nice try though.
Okay, to all the losers, perhaps. Particularly the ones with no class. The majority of no-class losers appears to be the Suns fans.

Scumbag
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM

Lol, you and Martigan must go to the same highschool.

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Okay, to all the losers, perhaps. Particularly the ones with no class. The majority of no-class losers appears to be the Suns fans.

No-class, huh? Wouldn't that describe fans of a player who cheap shots an opposing player who has shown nothing but class?

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Sounds to me like deep down you are really a Suns fan!
No, but it's clear that some Spurs fans will rationalize just about anything.

I think you are tying a little too hard to be clever there Sparky! And chances are I carry more money around then some old lady would keep in her purse! ASS!!!!
How? Do you sell drugs?

YoMamaIsCallin
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I think that if Amare and Diaw had never left the bench, Horry would not have been suspended. It's a transparent make-up call. Horry's hit was justifiably punished as a Flagrant 2.

I think they tried, hard, to justify suspending Duncan, as part of the make-up call, but they just couldn't do it. So they made Horry's suspension 2 games.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
No-class, huh? Wouldn't that describe fans of a player who cheap shots an opposing player who has shown nothing but class?
Yes, actually. Google "I will not be mishandled".

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I think that if Amare and Diaw had never left the bench, Horry would not have been suspended. It's a transparent make-up call. Horry's hit was justifiably punished as a Flagrant 2.

I think they tried, hard, to justify suspending Duncan, as part of the make-up call, but they just couldn't do it. So they made Horry's suspension 2 games.
1 game for the foul on Nash.

1 game for the forearm on Bell.

If they were looking for a make-up call, Horry would have gotten 3 or more games.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 10:50 PM
How? Do you sell drugs?

No. But I am pretty well connected. Haven't had your fix today? The only reason I ask is cause you are so quick to bring that subject up! Closet Crack fiend!

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
No. But I am pretty well connected.
I figured as much.

Strike
05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Championships are supposed to be won by playing the game, not by baiting the other team out of the series with cheap shots.

Professional basketball, like any professional sport is a competition. You look for any advantage you can find. Whether it's physical prowess, superior skill or even mind games.

IF Horry's intention was to start an altercation and get a few Suns suspended, then it was a mind game that worked to perfection.

Don't blame Robert Horry for Amare and Diaw's stupidity.

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Professional basketball, like any professional sport is a competition. You look for any advantage you can find. Whether it's physical prowess, superior skill or even mind games.
By that line of argument, I guess we should applaud Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds. After all, they were just looking for any advantage they could find.

kyle macy
05-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I do agree with the suspensions, I don't like it, but rules are rules. Truthfully, it really sucks ass that two guys are too stupid to keep their ass on the bench. I couldn't care less about Diaw, he's been too busy planning Parker's bachelor party since last off season to even give a damn about playing basketball, but the loss of Amare hurts. He hasn't played smart the whole series. As far as the flopping, both teams flop, the refs have lost control of the series, they have let too much crap go for too long on both sides.

Strike
05-15-2007, 11:22 PM
By that line of argument, I guess we should applaud Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds. After all, they were just looking for any advantage they could find.

Actually, when McGwire was juicing, there was no rule against it. And, while I do believe Bonds is or was juicing, there is no actual proof that he is.

Also, I wasn't talking about shooting yourself up with human growth hormone. Maybe Horry did it with the intention of getting in the Suns players' heads, maybe not. The only person who really knows the truth is Robert Horry himself. Either way, the blame is on Amare and Diaw for leaving the bench. If they had stayed put, the only argument would be whether Horry was punished too harshly which, in my opinion, he wasn't.

dnull888
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
They're great. Next time we floor Nash, maybe the Suns will lose even more guys.

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Actually, when McGwire was juicing, there was no rule against it. And, while I do believe Bonds is or was juicing, there is no actual proof that he is.
Nevertheless, the consensus is that their accomplishments are tainted.

Also, I wasn't talking about shooting yourself up with human growth hormone. Maybe Horry did it with the intention of getting in the Suns players' heads, maybe not. The only person who really knows the truth is Robert Horry himself. Either way, the blame is on Amare and Diaw for leaving the bench. If they had stayed put, the only argument would be whether Horry was punished too harshly which, in my opinion, he wasn't.
I think Horry was frustrated that Nash had just led the Suns to stealing a win in San Antonio.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
I do agree with the suspensions, I don't like it, but rules are rules. Truthfully, it really sucks ass that two guys are too stupid to keep their ass on the bench. I couldn't care less about Diaw, he's been too busy planning Parker's bachelor party since last off season to even give a damn about playing basketball, but the loss of Amare hurts. He hasn't played smart the whole series. As far as the flopping, both teams flop, the refs have lost control of the series, they have let too much crap go for too long on both sides.
I hereby vow to stop intentionally using terms like "All you Suns fans" from now on.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I think Horry was frustrated that Nash had just led the Suns to stealing a win in San Antonio.
Still seems to me like all he did was seal the victory. Anyone know what the score was when he did that? I think the Spurs weren't down more than two or three.

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Still seems to me like all he did was seal the victory. Anyone know what the score was when he did that? I think the Spurs weren't down more than two or three.
It was 100-97 Suns with 18 seconds left.

Mixability
05-15-2007, 11:50 PM
They could've done the Spurs a favor and not handed us the series, but I guess all the fairweather fans that didn't have faith in our team got what they wanted.

SA210
05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't agree with the Horry suspension. Hard foul to Nash and Raja went after him. I'd throw that elbow at someone coming after me too. The rules say Diaw and Amare are out one game, I agree, but Raja should have gotten some kind of fine at least or one game suspension.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:31 AM
amare and diaw should not have been suspended .... horry got the right amount - 2 games ... one for the forearm / hip check and one for the forearm thrown at bell ..... this ruling rewards the team that committed the foul ..... you get 30 points sitting out for the suns vs. 7 for spurs ......unfair to say the least ... how would the spurs bench react if tony parker was thrown into the boards by a SUNS sub..... fair is fair .... if amare and diaw are to suspended (rule is rule argument) the horry should have gotten 3 games .....sucks ... such a great series reduced to this controversy ..... horry tainted -"cheap shot rob" ....
pop is off of this one too - calling Horry foul not too bad - please dont complain when pistons do the same to parker / ginobli .... you cant have it both ways .... sorry guys .. bad taste in mouth .....

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Look up Derek Anderson and Juwan Howard.

I swear, most of you Suns fans are complete pussies.

easjer
05-16-2007, 12:36 AM
amare and diaw should not have been suspended .... horry got the right amount - 2 games ... one for the forearm / hip check and one for the forearm thrown at bell ..... this ruling rewards the team that committed the foul ..... you get 30 points sitting out for the suns vs. 7 for spurs ......unfair to say the least ... how would the spurs bench react if tony parker was thrown into the boards by a SUNS sub..... fair is fair .... if amare and diaw are to suspended (rule is rule argument) the horry should have gotten 3 games .....sucks ... such a great series reduced to this controversy ..... horry tainted -"cheap shot rob" ....
pop is off of this one too - calling Horry foul not too bad - please dont complain when pistons do the same to parker / ginobli .... you cant have it both ways .... sorry guys .. bad taste in mouth .....

Too . . . many . . . ellipses. . .

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:38 AM
It was 100-97 Suns with 18 seconds left.
Seems like an extraordinarily bad time to intentionally give the top free throw shooter in the league two shots and the ball.

easjer
05-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Please.

All things considered, Horry's foul wasn't that bad. Cheap shot and unwarranted, yes. Dirty and devastating, hardly. It was a solid bodycheck. That's all. Nash wasn't even stunned by it.

Doesn't excuse Horry, but let's put it in perspective.

majinkoola
05-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Look up Derek Anderson and Juwan Howard.

I swear, most of you Suns fans are complete pussies.

Wow, calling people "pussies" over the internet. A true sign of toughness.

Most Suns fans aren't mad at San Antonio for Amare and Diaw getting suspended. That's on Stern and Stu.

But how can you be happy with Amare and Diaw being suspended for this? Wouldn't you rather beat the Suns at full strength?

theMUHMEshow
05-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Dont leave the F'n bench and their wouldnt be a problem

easjer
05-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Most Suns fans aren't mad at San Antonio for Amare and Diaw getting suspended. That's on Stern and Stu.

But how can you be happy with Amare and Diaw being suspended for this? Wouldn't you rather beat the Suns at full strength?

Just because someone isn't calling down the wrath of the basketball gods onto Stern and co for their decision doesn't mean they are happy about it.

Louie Vega
05-16-2007, 12:43 AM

It's not like the Spurs haven't taken down the Suns in a playoff series before (2005 4-1). I think the Suns have more to prove in this series! Stop being a little bitch! It's not the Spurs fault those 2 jackasses left the bench! They know the rules! They broke the rules! If we win we win fair and square motherfucker!

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:48 AM
You act like Horry murdered your point guard. He didn't. The Spurs had their second leading scorer taken completely out for the playoffs when they were a contender. I don't think he was ever the same player after that foul. That's the reason Spurs fans don't agree with your contention that Horry's foul was the worst foul in NBA playoff history. I wasn't calling you pussies to be mean. I was pointing out the FACT that some of you are pussies, because some of you are.

Actually, it's on Amare and Diaw. What's really sad is that so far only one Suns fan recognizes that.

I'm not happy that they were stupid enough to leave the bench. That just gives the whining complaing Suns fans an excuse if the Spurs manage to advance. It for damn sure isn't going to make me feel bad if the Spurs manage to win this series. Not one little bit. They broke the rule and got suspended. I wish the fucking officials had called the touch foul on Finley and none of this would have ever happened.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:50 AM
You act like Horry murdered your point guard. He didn't. .... would you feel the same if parker was checked into the boards by an opposing sub... be fair

sammy
05-16-2007, 12:53 AM
I agree with the suspensions! These dumbasses knew the rules and still went onto the floor if anything, they were idiots because they cost their team! They knew the rules, but still jumped up and went onto the floor so if anything this suspension is on them! All other players in the past were suspended and so it would've been unfair if they got a pass because they are starters! The NBA has to enforce the rule otherwise others will think they can get a pass if another altercation happens!

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:53 AM
You act like Horry murdered your point guard. He didn't. .... would you feel the same if parker was checked into the boards by an opposing sub... be fair
If he got up and wasn't hurt, we went on to win the game to take back home court advantage, and the guy that hit him was suspended for two games? I'd be elated. Angry at the foul? Yes. Relieved that he was unhurt? Yes. It was a hard foul, but it's a far cry from what Juwan did to DA. Manu got hit harder by the Nuggets in '05.

mikekim
05-16-2007, 12:55 AM
As many other people, I agree with the suspensions but not the stupid rule

x_roux_x
05-16-2007, 01:42 AM

Public view man

TheSanityAnnex
05-16-2007, 01:48 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/homers.jpg

SoapScumKills
05-16-2007, 01:54 AM
^^ Awesome screen cap ^^

Dumb move by Horry but do not think he had it all planned out to bait the Suns bench, just heat of the moment mental breakdown. Amare and Diaw did what any decent teammate would do, naturally react to their team leader getting checked hard into the sidelines.. F the rules

majinkoola
05-16-2007, 02:17 AM
It's not like the Spurs haven't taken down the Suns in a playoff series before (2005 4-1). I think the Suns have more to prove in this series! Stop being a little bitch! It's not the Spurs fault those 2 jackasses left the bench! They know the rules! They broke the rules! If we win we win fair and square motherfucker!

That's just dumb reasoning. Only three current Suns players played much in that series (a second year Barbosa played very little). And Amare is a much different player than he was then, and the Suns overall are better at defense and rebounding than they were then. And rely a lot less on small ball.

majinkoola
05-16-2007, 02:28 AM
You act like Horry murdered your point guard. He didn't. The Spurs had their second leading scorer taken completely out for the playoffs when they were a contender. I don't think he was ever the same player after that foul. That's the reason Spurs fans don't agree with your contention that Horry's foul was the worst foul in NBA playoff history. I wasn't calling you pussies to be mean. I was pointing out the FACT that some of you are pussies, because some of you are.

First off, there may be some Suns "fans" who are calling for Horry to be suspended for many games, but not many. So be careful with your use of "you." Most real Suns fans think that it deserved a 1 game suspension.

Actually, it's on Amare and Diaw. What's really sad is that so far only one Suns fan recognizes that.

On Amare, to some extent. Not on Diaw, however. He was going to help a teammate. Watch the replay closely, look who Diaw is looking at and where he ends up. Think if the play would have happened by the coach. It would have been dumb for Diaw not to help Nash up. It's dumb for a player to be concerned about how far away from the bench he is and the possibility of fighting when helping a teammate. If James Jones had decided to punch Elson instead of running down the court, then I could call Duncan dumb for being on the court at that time.

I'm not happy that they were stupid enough to leave the bench. That just gives the whining complaing Suns fans an excuse if the Spurs manage to advance. It for damn sure isn't going to make me feel bad if the Spurs manage to win this series. Not one little bit. They broke the rule and got suspended. I wish the fucking officials had called the touch foul on Finley and none of this would have ever happened.

Calling Diaw dumb is calling Duncan dumb, then. Bowen had to pull Duncan back because he wasn't thinking about the rule. How the hell were Diaw or Duncan to know if an "altercation" was going to take place?

Whatever, arguing with Spurs fans on this board is pointless. All I'll get in response is a bunch of cussing and blatant homerism. Oh well.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Calling Diaw dumb is calling Duncan dumb, then. Bowen had to pull Duncan back because he wasn't thinking about the rule. How the hell were Diaw or Duncan to know if an "altercation" was going to take place?Duncan was dumb. He was lucky there was no altercation.

spurdude
05-16-2007, 03:06 AM
:elephant I DON'T THINK HORRY SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AT ALL. NASH FLOPPED. WE CAN BEAT THESE GUYS, ESPECIALLY IF THEY DON'T PLAY. DAVID STERN FOR PRESIDENT! (OH HE ALREADY IS.... )

sunsdude
05-16-2007, 03:09 AM
RULES SHOULDN'T APPLY TO US :elephant

BeerIsGood!
05-16-2007, 03:18 AM

You leave it open for interpretation and you make too much room for bias and corruption to enter the equation. Sports are one of the last fair and equal playing fields on earth, don't let some squirelly bitch in a suit corrupt that by giving him the power to interpret and do what he pleases. Make the rules absolute and up front, and the punishments the same.

Are you a fan of corruption and discrimination?

lefty
05-16-2007, 03:20 AM

^
Moron

BeerIsGood!
05-16-2007, 03:21 AM

You asked, and you were told that more people disagree with you than agree. The people on the bottom are favoring corruption and discrimination because that's exactly what you get when you allow a man the power to interpret the rules as he sees fit. Every rule should have an absolute definition in sports.

lefty
05-16-2007, 03:23 AM
I thought votes were confidential :wtf :wtf

SoapScumKills
05-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes

BeerIsGood!
05-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes

Not when you're talking about laws.

SoapScumKills
05-16-2007, 03:35 AM
I just needed to get that qoute out of my system

conversekid
05-16-2007, 04:17 AM
horry hard fouled nash in the shoulder and nash flopped .... his flop drew the emotion of his team, period. That said, when Horry did the foul I didn't like it. Win with class and lose with class. But amare left the bench and the rules are crystal f'n clear... which is why the assistant coaches grabbed him and ran him to the bench. He left the court, so bye bye.

jack0fspeed
05-16-2007, 05:46 AM
This thread is pathetic. No self respecting basketball fan wants to see the other team's best player suspended on a technicality. Anyone who voted yes ought to be ashamed of themselves.

If the Spurs win, they get an asterisk now. They won't have proven that they are the best team.

TheSanityAnnex
05-16-2007, 02:29 PM
^
MoronLighten the fuck up.

shelshor
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
This was a part of the reason the "Stay On The Bench" Rule was enacted
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n24_v83/ai_13611966

florige
05-16-2007, 03:04 PM

I REALLY wish they would have gone ahead and let that cocksucker play. Now we have to hear about this crap until next season.

41times
05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Here is the way i look at it. Is it fair that Stat and Diaw get suspended for coming off the bench but not doing anything? No. Did Horry deserve a 2 game suspension for what he did? No

But the league had to give Diaw and Stat 1 game according to the rules so that means that to punish Horry and the Spurs they had to give him 1 extra game.

So i think it was the right decision. Consider the option:

Don't suspend Diaw and Stat and give Horry 1 game. Guess what happens then?

Spurs get blown out in game 5 and are down 3-2.

At least now the Spurs will probably go up 3-2 and get a chance to win the series on their own court minus Horry.

Trust me, it could have been a whole lot worse Spurs fans!

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Here is the way i look at it. Is it fair that Stat and Diaw get suspended for coming off the bench but not doing anything? No. Did Horry deserve a 2 game suspension for what he did? No

But the league had to give Diaw and Stat 1 game according to the rules so that means that to punish Horry and the Spurs they had to give him 1 extra game.

So i think it was the right decision.You should post more.