PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad Refs NOT Spurs fault

airjer15
05-30-2007, 04:53 AM
I will admit that I am venting but
I am a big Jazz fan, and I was at game 4, I could not believe my eyes . I can not believe that the best of the best NBA officials can be so bad. Luckly I also recorded the game at home, watching the replays from my 120 inch hd projector the calls were just as bad, I was pretty ashamed of the refs, I did not throw anything, but all you big mouths that are trashing on Jazz fans, if you were there you could probably understand why some people would. And for those of you that say the Jazz fans caused the refs to favor the Spurs, then you agree that the refs didn't do there jobs.

BeerIsGood!
05-30-2007, 04:56 AM
I watched the entire 4th quarter and slow motioned every foul call and every close play in the paint and I honestly don't know what game you were watching. Did you not see all of the contact that the Jazz made on fouls that the refs had no choice but to call? It was obvious.

On the other hand, are you suggesting that guys like Boozer and Kirilenko should have gotten free throws on weak jump shots that drew no contact?

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:00 AM
you can call a foul on almost any NBA play, cause there is always going to be contact, but not every one should be called, I can think of a time that Dwill drove to the basket and TD got him with the body, and a play were Milsap was mangled, you didn't see those?

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:03 AM
plus don't think I didn't see the cheep shot TD had on Fisher with the fore arm, and a shove that Horry had on Milsap that the camra didn't catch, but I seen the ref at the game watch it happen

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Stop worrying about the refs
nice idea tell that to all the floppers

BeerIsGood!
05-30-2007, 05:10 AM
I also saw Okur pussying out in the 4th by getting his 6th foul hacking across the arm of Oberto on a fade away, Fisher hacking twice on jump shots and getting a lot of body contact on a TP drive, Boozer grabbing TD's arm on a shot, and Manu basically getting hammered at the rim 3 or 4 times in the 4th alone. The secret to the Spurs defense, especially in the 4th, is that they challenge without swatting their hands and arms down on the opponent. It's no secret that the refs allow a bit of body contact, but if you're hacking down on opponents arms, hands, and head it's an easy call. The Spurs challenged without hacking and the Jazz made no secret of hacking away constantly.

SouthernFried
05-30-2007, 05:10 AM
nice idea tell that to all the floppers

Fisher's not taking calls right now.

Shaolin-Style
05-30-2007, 05:11 AM
The refs favored the spurs?

I think one team was driving hard into the paint while the other was taking jumpshots and bad contested layups.

The only thing that was unfortunate was Fish being ejected on the oversold foul(but still a foul) on Manu.

Whine to your players to be more aggressive, not the refs for not calling fouls on hammering of Ginobili.

By the way, there were a dozen times I counted to three seconds with Boozer or AK in the paint. Maybe I should whine to the refs about that.

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:17 AM
its hard to keep taking it into the paint, when you will get fouled and you wont get the call. Come on get real 25 to 2. Its hard for the Jazz to keep any kind of momentum at home when Spurs are always at the line, do you really think all those free throw were legit.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 05:22 AM
I can understand thinking that your team got screwed after the game, but if you watched the fourth quarter again and still think the calls were bad then you are just retarded. The refs would lose their jobs for not making the calls they did. Williams jumped into Duncan who kept his hands straight up in the air. Duncan and Manu were hit across the arms on every one of the fouls they drew. The refs didn't call any cheap fouls, so the only surprise is that you think your jump shooting team deserved them.

You are a whining pussy sore loser, and I'll be glad classless blind fuckers like you are broken hearted when the classy team you don't deserve is eliminated.

Spurs fans who say the refs were swayed by the antics of the home crowd are just as wrong as you are. If your team wanted to go to the line, they shouldn't have shot so many jumpers.

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:29 AM
what about the T's smart ass, those have been getting called tons during the playoffs hu? No just when manu flops the shit out of Fisher. I have watched that about 10 times. I have never disputed that the Spurs are an amazing team, but I would think as a Spurs fan that you would especially want the game called fair, so you could win without the refs help, I think all refs are scared of making calls against the spurs, look what happened to Joey Crawford when he did

Sense
05-30-2007, 05:30 AM
So another team's going to blame the series on the refs....

hilarious.

Sense
05-30-2007, 05:31 AM
what about the T's smart ass, those have been getting called tons during the playoffs hu? No just when manu flops the shit out of Fisher. I have watched that about 10 times. I have never disputed that the Spurs are an amazing team, but I would think as a Spurs fan that you would especially want the game called fair, so you could win without the refs help, I think all refs are scared of making calls against the spurs, look what happened to Joey Crawford when he did

:lol

Are you kidding me?

L.I.T
05-30-2007, 05:35 AM
I've heard this bullshit before. It's the cry of incompetent fan.

Edit: Never mind, guys a troll as exemplified by his post below.

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Also the Spurs are the only team that can tell a ref that he made a wrong call and then have the ref change the call, it happened on an out of bounds play in game 4

Shaolin-Style
05-30-2007, 05:36 AM
The Ts didn't matter, Utah lost before them, when they were taking all those bad jumpshots.

The refs would have called something if they'd have kept their head down and stormed into the paint looking for a good shot or create opportunities, that wasn't what stopped them from doing that. They collapsed under the pressure of the Spurs interior defense and chose not to drive it in. They got the fear in them. The fear of Tim Duncan sending them back down to their bench with Sloan screaming in their ear.

Sense
05-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Also the Spurs are the only team that can tell a ref that he made a wrong call and then have the ref change the call, it happened on an out of bounds play in game 4

Seriously..... there's nothing you can do that can change what we saw...

At the end of the day your team lost and all you can do is whine about it and blame it on something else...

Why don't you do like Nugget and Suns fans for the most part did? and accept it...

Sense
05-30-2007, 05:37 AM
This is too funny and it won't help me sleep.. so im out.

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:38 AM
Just wait untill you all are up against Lebron, then you will be posting the same shit I am. Its hard to see when its your own team getting favored. and as much as the NBA likes TD and the Spurs, they like there coveted Lebron better.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 05:45 AM
what about the T's smart ass,
Sloan's first T was after Milsap tried to draw a charge. It was clearly a block, and nobody with any credibility argues that call. Sloan threw a fit and ran completely out of the coach's box. Sloan got hit with a quick T to try to calm the Jazz team down, because they were taking cues from the fans and reacting to every single whistle. Fisher got his first T for seeking out Manu which everyone, even you, knows Fisher initiated. It was a stupid play, and Sloan was stupid for trying to defend that or Fisher's pathetic flop just before the layup. Fisher's second T was for a blow to the head and then standing over the guy he just knocked to the ground. If he'd just turned around after he did it he wouldn't have gotten the second technical, he would have just fouled out.

No just when manu flops the shit out of Fisher.
You cannot come in here and even suggest that Fisher didn't initiate that contact. You simply cannot. If you are angry at anyone for flopping, you should be mad at Fisher.

I have watched that about 10 times.
Yet you still haven't seen it. Amazing.

I have never disputed that the Spurs are an amazing team, but I would think as a Spurs fan that you would especially want the game called fair, so you could win without the refs help, I think all refs are scared of making calls against the spurs, look what happened to Joey Crawford when he did
I want the game called fairly, which it absolutely was. You are the one in here asking for help from the refs. You know absolutely that the hardest fouls in the game were committed by the Jazz and not by the Spurs. Too bad you aren't man enough to admit it. Perhaps you should become a Suns fan. The Jazz are too classy for you to root for, especially if you think what Joey Crawford did was right.

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Its Late I am off to bed, good luck in game five. My prediction is, that the Jazz will either get blown out, or it will be a down to the last min game, it all depends n if the Jazz have already counted themselves out.

oh yeah and give me some credit I have come on this Spurs site and gotten handeld by you guys since 2004, go a little easy on me

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Just wait untill you all are up against Lebron, then you will be posting the same shit I am. Its hard to see when its your own team getting favored. and as much as the NBA likes TD and the Spurs, they like there coveted Lebron better.
Then why did Lebron go an entire game against the Pistons without attempting a free throw?

SouthernFried
05-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah, the Spurs are the "only" team that the refs have changed a call on when they complained about an incorrect call.

This guy's a dumbshit...time for coffee.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Its Late I am off to bed, good luck in game five. My prediction is, that the Jazz will either get blown out, or it will be a down to the last min game, it all depends n if the Jazz have already counted themselves out.

oh yeah and give me some credit I have come on this Spurs site and gotten handeld by you guys since 2004, go a little easy on me
You don't deserve any credit if you come in here trying to sell bad officiating for the reason your team imploded. My team's two best players went right into the teeth of the defense in the fourth quarter and got the shit beat out of them, yet you are trying to minimize that enormous effort. Fuck you.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 05:50 AM
So you are angry that they got the call right? So you are basically saying that the officials should cheat for you just because the game was in Utah?

airjer15
05-30-2007, 05:58 AM
I want the game called fairly, which it absolutely was. You are the one in here asking for help from the refs. You know absolutely that the hardest fouls in the game were committed by the Jazz and not by the Spurs. Too bad you aren't man enough to admit it. Perhaps you should become a Suns fan. The Jazz are too classy for you to root for, especially if you think what Joey Crawford did was right.
I am a Jazz fan that has season ticket and I have to drive 2 and a half hours to get to the game, and then when its over it takes about 3 hours to get home because of traffic,i would say that my heart is pretty into it. don't think I am saying the Jazz would of won if the game if it was called fair, but as a Spurs fan if the calls were 25-2 the other way, you dont think you would of had a problem with that. I am pretty sure you would have. And about Joey Crawford, do you really think if the same thing happened to Stephen Jackson, that it would of been made such a big deal. I don't think so

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I am a Jazz fan that has season ticket and I have to drive 2 and a half hours to get to the game, and then when its over it takes about 3 hours to get home because of traffic,i would say that my heart is pretty into it. don't think I am saying the Jazz would of won if the game if it was called fair, but as a Spurs fan if the calls were 25-2 the other way, you dont think you would of had a problem with that. I am pretty sure you would have. And about Joey Crawford, do you really think if the same thing happened to Stephen Jackson, that it would of been made such a big deal. I don't think so
I don't give a rat's ass how long it takes for your mom to drive you to the game, retard. Your heart might be into it, but your brain is somewhere else, because the Spurs earned those calls. Your team wasn't even in the bonus the entire quarter. If you are a season ticket holder you should know that Jerry Sloan's mantra is not to allow three point plays, and the Jazz were fouling when caught out of position. You claim to have gone back and watched the game on your big expensive TV and you still can't admit that your team just got outhustled by better players who were more aggressive and wanted it more, yet you are in here bitching about a bad call that was corrected, just because it wasn't called in your favor. Again I say: Fuck you.

IceColdBrewski
05-30-2007, 06:24 AM
http://www.faradic.net/~sphynx/crybaby.jpg

WalterBenitez
05-30-2007, 06:27 AM
I am a big Jazz fan, and I was at game 4, I could not believe my eyes . I can not believe that the best of the best NBA officials can be so bad. Luckly I also recorded the game at home, watching the replays from my 120 inch hd projector the calls were just as bad, I was pretty ashamed of the refs, I did not throw anything, but all you big mouths that are trashing on Jazz fans, if you were there you could probably understand why some people would. And for those of you that say the Jazz fans caused the refs to favor the Spurs, then you agree that the refs didn't do there jobs.

Okey ... I will trash all fans except you :p: just kidding, airjer15 what we are talking is those fans (apparently Jazz fans) wearing in Jazz's jerseys sending message thru garbage to our kids, got that :donkey.

I watched the game in my 14" old TV and refs sucks all the time :nerd, technology has nothing to with that ...

samikeyp
05-30-2007, 06:44 AM
I did not throw anything, but all you big mouths that are trashing on Jazz fans, if you were there you could probably understand why some people would.

Bullshit.

There is NEVER any excuse to throw things on to the court or at the players. I get that you are pissed and if the Spurs were down 3-1 I would be too but never to the point that I would be so ignorant, immature or stupid enough to act like a fucking 3 year old and throw something.

texbound
05-30-2007, 06:47 AM

Well, I was on the Spurs bench for that game and then I came home and watched the replay on my 200,000 inch SUPERMEGA HD movie screen. In fact, I watched the game in 1/100 speed and still saw the fouls. Yes, the refs did miss some (ones not called or ones that were questionable) but the majority were correct. So there, I had a better view than you.

I did not throw anything, but all you big mouths that are trashing on Jazz fans, if you were there you could probably understand why some people would.

Umm..no. It's great that you didn't throw anything, but the fact that you sympathize with the throwers shows what kind of person you are. I don't care what the other team or refs did, that kind of classless act has no place in sports. Accept the loss and move on with your life.

WalterBenitez
05-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Well, I was on the Spurs bench for that game and then I came home and watched the replay on my 200,000 inch SUPERMEGA HD movie screen. In fact, I watched the game in 1/100 speed and still saw the fouls. Yes, the refs did miss some (ones not called or ones that were questionable) but the majority were correct. So there, I had a better view than you..

:pctoss do you know when they arrived to South America?

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
The game is over, so stop crying about it.

Sec24Row7
05-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Did you say that Tim Duncan took a cheap shot at Derrick Fisher?

ROFL...

SpursIndonesia
05-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Utah fan, you have the right to be dissappointed, but you don't have the right to claim that your view of the game's officiating is the impartial, most correct & righteous point of view.

Ofcourse, we Spurs fans couldn't claim the exact thing either, but then, judging from the articles in Salt Lake Tribune or Deseret News, i think most logical people who could set aside their rose colored glass can figure out the factual reality happened in that game, considering those news sites are actually from Utah.

IMHO, those articles seem closer to our side of story than yours.

Solid D
05-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Jazz fans are certainly passionate. The fans at the Energy Solutions Arena really get behind their team. I tune them out after a while, though, because they boo every play that doesn't end up in favor of the Jazz. Although, when their fans boo an intentional foul to get the ball back, I do have to laugh a little. :lol

Sec24Row7
05-30-2007, 07:45 AM
The calls you have a legitimate gripe to bitch about...

Oberto's uncalled goaltend...

I miss anything?

*Crickets Chirping*

DarrinS
05-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Blame your team for not being agressive and driving to the rim. The aggressors get the calls (see Manu). The refs didn't force the Jazz to shoot tons of jump shots in the 4th.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2007, 08:30 AM
This sort of incessent whining caused me to go back and re-watch the 4th quarter and to make notes about each play and what was called or not called. My perception during the game was that the Spurs were being insanely aggressive in attacking the rim, while the Jazz were settling for jumpers. Not remarkably, the Spurs got the larger percentage of foul calls. But I wanted to be sure that I was right. Here's what I observed on re-watching.

Here are the Spurs' 4th quarter possessions:

11:47 -- Duncan drives and is fouled by a clear Harpring hack (2 FT/2)
11:15 -- Ginobili drive to the rim - Milsap called for a block; Van Gundy says "definite block upon seeing a replay" (2 FT/4).
11:15 -- Sloan assessed a technical; Van Gundy questions T (1 FT/5)
10:28 -- Horry charge on Millsap
9:58 -- Ginobili drives to rim after retrieving loose ball -- fouled hard by Okur (2 FT/7)
9:20 -- Ginobili 3 point make
8:55 -- Ginobili misses 5 foot runner in lane
8:50 -- Duncan turnover
8:19 -- Vaughn misses 22 foot jumper
7:38 -- Duncan misses 11 foot fadeaway
7:36 -- Ginobili misses tip
7:35 -- Oberto makes tip -- ball probably on the rim; basket shouldn't have counted
6:51 -- Duncan makes the catch at 7 feet, turns baseline into lane to shoot and is hit by Okur; Van Gundy says "clearly a foul." (2 FT/9)
6:37 -- Parker uncontested layup
5:54 -- Finley 3 point miss
5:07 -- Oberto layup blocked by Kirilenko
4:45 -- Duncan on left block, stripped by Boozer on turn to middle of lane; regains possession and hacked by Boozer on reacquisition in lane (2 FT/11)
4:24 -- Duncan drives baseline on Boozer; hacked at rim; broadcast notes "Boozer didn't question the call." (2 FT/13)
3:57 -- Ginobili fouled on 3 point attempt by Fisher -- clear contact with shooting hand (3 FT/16)
3:30 -- Parker uncontested 21 foot jumper missed
3:11 -- Ginobili drives and attempts layup; hit by Boozer; possible embellishment flop by Ginobili; clear contact by Boozer (2 FT/18)
2:36 -- Ginobili layup made; mix-up with Fisher just inside 3 point arc before drive -- clear Fisher flop
2:36 -- Fisher and Sloan assessed T's (2 FT/20)
2:03 -- Duncan turnover, bad pass
1:31 -- Oberto 12 foot baseline fadeway, hit by Okur on release; Mark Jackson says "that's just a bad foul by Okur" (2 FT/22)
0:52.1 -- Fisher fouls Ginobili hard on 22 foot jump shot (2 FT/24); possible Ginobili push off before shot attempt; posssible Fisher flop on play.
0:52.1 -- Fisher Technical (1 FT/25)
0:20.0 -- Vaughn turnover, bad pass

Net -- Spurs had roughly 25 possessions in the quarter. They had 4 turnovers in that time. They attempted 3 three pointers (Manu got fouled on one). They had 5 attempts from more than 10 feet and inside the arc. (one foul on Oberto attempt; one foul on Manu attempt). The remaining 13 possessions (more than half of the Spurs total possessions in the quarter) involved drives/moves to the rim that ended in the paint. They drew fouls on 7 of those drives -- not all that unusual.

Now, here are the Jazz 4th quarter possessions:

11:20 -- Giricek misses uncontested 8 foot floater
10:54 -- Harpring makes 10 foot baseline fade away
10:18 -- Offensive foul on Okur, clearout
9:41 -- Boozer makes 14 foot jumper
9:08 -- Williams drive, turnover -- possible foul on Duncan, no call
8:35 -- Vaughn deflects Williams pass, turnover
7:57 -- Williams 3 point miss, top of the key
7:08 -- Williams makes contested layup, no apparent contact
6:38 -- Kirilenko unforced bad pass
6:19 -- Kirilenko dunk, uncontested
5:38 -- Williams posts up in restricted area and is fouled by Parker on the pass
5:31 -- Okur makes uncontested 12 foot baseline fade away
5:00 -- Fisher misses 22 foot jumper
4:36 -- Boozer misses 14 foot jumper; Duncan makes soft contest, no contact
4:09 -- Williams trapped in lane on drive, pass to Kirilenko for uncontested 11 foot baseline jumper
3:46 -- Williams misses driving layup; Duncan contests shot, but remains straight up and down and makes no body contact; Breen says "Duncan did a good job of going straight up" and Van Gundy says "San Antonio does a great job inside of pulling their hands back and not fouling."
3:22 -- Williams drive, fouled by Ginobili (2 FT/2)
3:00 -- Kirilenko misses uncontested 3 pointer
2:24 -- Boozer makes 4 foot floater/layup; Duncan soft contest, no contact on shot
1:53 -- Kirilenko dunk; Duncan soft contest, but no contact
1:24 -- Williams makes 15 foot uncontested jumper; possible Williams push off on Bowen before shot (ala Jordan on Russell in 98 Finals)
1:20 -- Millsap offensive rebound, fouled by Ginobili attempting tie-up; Ginobili strongly protests call, but isn't assessed a technical foul
1:13 -- Boozer misses 10 foot fade away; Duncan has hand on Boozer's hip on release
0:47 -- Brown misses 3 pointer
0:11 -- Millsap uncontested layup

Net -- Jazz also had about 25 possessions in the quarter. 4 possessions end in turnovers. 3 end in attempts from the three point line. 8 other possessions end up with shots from 10 feet and out (3 of those are fade away jumpers). 9 other possessions end up with the ball within 0-8 feet of the rim; of those 3 draw foul calls, 2 end up with uncontested layups/dunks, 2 others end in Williams taking contested layups (but on one, there's clear evidence of no foul), another with a Giricek floater, and the last in a mildly contested Boozer layup. Of the Jazz's possessions, less than 40% are drives to the lane; discounting the uncontested layups and dunks, they draw fouls on 3 of 7 such efforts.

Ultimately, the free throw disparity grows out of 3 things I think: (1) the Spurs relentless attack on the rim from the start of the 4th quarter coupled with Utah's willingness to contest everything going to the rim; and (2) the Spurs managing to avoid fouling any jump shooters (Spurs got 5 of their FTA from fouled jumpshooters); and (3) Utah completely melting down and losing its poise (another 4 FTA from technicals).

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 08:33 AM
The calls you have a legitimate gripe to bitch about...

Oberto's uncalled goaltend...

I miss anything?

*Crickets Chirping*
Since replay showed the ball clearly out of the cylinder...

SPARKY
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
This sort of incessent whining caused me to go back and re-watch the 4th quarter and to make notes about each play and what was called or not called. My perception during the game was that the Spurs were being insanely aggressive in attacking the rim, while the Jazz were settling for jumpers. Not remarkably, the Spurs got the larger percentage of foul calls. But I wanted to be sure that I was right. Here's what I observed on re-watching....

:tu

That's definitely what I recall happening. The Jazz were cut off from drives to the rim and had to settle for outside Js due to the Spurs' D. The Spurs are the best in the league at increasing their defensive intensity without having to resort to hacking, as the Spurs' defense is based fundamentally on moving one's feet to stay in front of an offensive player and not so much on body contact and ball-hawking.

DarrinS
05-30-2007, 08:38 AM
What waydowntown said.

L.I.T
05-30-2007, 08:39 AM
This sort of incessent whining caused me to go back and re-watch the 4th quarter and to make notes about each play and what was called or not called....

Ummmm...whoa. Thank you. Great write-up.

BreezeHillBill
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
you can call a foul on almost any NBA play, cause there is always going to be contact, but not every one should be called, I can think of a time that Dwill drove to the basket and TD got him with the body, and a play were Milsap was mangled, you didn't see those?
So you're saying that they should just call some and divide them equally?

BreezeHillBill
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
its hard to keep taking it into the paint, when you will get fouled and you wont get the call. Come on get real 25 to 2. Its hard for the Jazz to keep any kind of momentum at home when Spurs are always at the line, do you really think all those free throw were legit.
It's hard, but that's what the Spurs keep doing. It's hard, but they take their lumps and keep coming. That's the whole point. You drive, you get fouled, you shake it off and score.

ClingingMars
05-30-2007, 09:39 AM
gtfo whiners, seriously, even your own team won't blame the refs, why should you?

-Mars

BreezeHillBill
05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Blame your team for not being agressive and driving to the rim. The aggressors get the calls (see Manu). The refs didn't force the Jazz to shoot tons of jump shots in the 4th.
Sloan said after game 2 he was disappointed in the Jazz effort because "nobody was fouling out." The Jazz made it plain they intended to physically punish any Spur tryng to get to the rim. That being the case, why would the Spurs NOT keep collecting the fouls and FTs, unless they were intimidated? And they were not intimidated.

SequSpur
05-30-2007, 09:50 AM
If it wasn't for the refs, the Spurs would've swept the Jazz and won every game by 20+ points....

ambchang
05-30-2007, 09:56 AM
The refs change calls all the time, I am surprised you couldn't notice that on your 120' HD projector.
Perhaps you should get a 240' projector to help you see better.

nkdlunch
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
the refs fucked the Spurs over for most of game 3 and they made it up to us in 4th quarter of game 4. we have some shitty refs in this league

SAGambler
05-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Shit, I can remember on at least a couple of occasions the Spurs have had calls reveresed against them.

Oh, and BTW, the reversal WAS the correct call.

Thought you wanted them to be fair, but fair to you is only if it goes Jazz way.

nkdlunch
05-30-2007, 10:05 AM
reverse of calls happens all the time. :idiot

SAGambler
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Sloan said after game 2 he was disappointed in the Jazz effort because "nobody was fouling out." The Jazz made it plain they intended to physically punish any Spur tryng to get to the rim. That being the case, why would the Spurs NOT keep collecting the fouls and FTs, unless they were intimidated? And they were not intimidated.

And with that statement, they gave the Spurs incentive to drive time after time, knowing they would probably get a trip to the free throw line.

How fucking stupid are you to tell the other team to expect many trips for a freebie?

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
the refs fucked the Spurs over for most of game 3 and they made it up to us in 4th quarter of game 4. we have some shitty refs in this league
Which calls did the Spurs get that they didn't deserve? Oh yeah, I already asked you that, and you didn't answer it.

dmac
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Were you watching game 3? That was a f'ing joke. I felt like it was 2006 and we were playing the Mavs.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Were you watching game 3? That was a f'ing joke. I felt like it was 2006 and we were playing the Mavs.
Yeah. I hate when the Spurs don't show up. Wait, you weren't talking about the calls were you?