PDA

View Full Version : This is a league conspiracy

tlongII
06-13-2007, 09:24 AM
The NBA WANTS the Spurs to win. It was evident by the lack of a foul called on Bowen at the end of the game. They are building the Spurs up so that the Portland Trail Blazers can end their dynasty next season in the Western Conference Finals. GuaranSheed.

zrinkill
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Whatever gets you through your very very long offseason .....

manubili
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Sure, nba loves to have lousy TV ratings.

MadDog73
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Should you still use the "guaransheed" line?

I think the Pistons trademarked it.

BacktoBasics
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
The fact that there was no call favored the Cavs. Lebron had a better chance of getting the jumper than the free throws in.

I stated in another thread that I think it was a foul but I also think the Refs let it go to give James an opportunity to hit the jumper. If the ref blows the wistle right when Bowen touches him its not in the act of shooting. The ref held back because it wasn't going to affect James getting the shot off and its good to see the officials attempting to let the game be decided by the players not the zebras.

James said in the post game that it was incidental contact and it didn't affect his shot. He was given the opportunity to tie the game and he didn't. I think it was a good no call.

degenerate_gambler
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
The NBA WANTS the Spurs to win. It was evident by the lack of a foul called on Bowen at the end of the game. They are building the Spurs up so that the Portland Trail Blazers can end their dynasty next season in the Western Conference Finals. GuaranSheed.

Please..

No way in hell your mediocre club makes the playoffs next year.

The_Worlds_finest
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
portland getting to the playoffs alone would be a conspriacy!

Hook Dem
06-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Why are you even here???? Seriously.....your "act" is getting old! :flipoff

SenorSpur
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM

If my team had just securing the right to draft Greg Oden, I wouldn't be bitching about conspiracy theories.

Your WCF aspirations for the Blazers are ambitious, but don't get ahead of yourself too soon. Your team's time will come - just not next year.

tlongII
06-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Why are you even here???? Seriously.....your "act" is getting old! :flipoff

Love your pic!

tlongII
06-13-2007, 09:39 AM
The fact that there was no call favored the Cavs. Lebron had a better chance of getting the jumper than the free throws in.

I stated in another thread that I think it was a foul but I also think the Refs let it go to give James an opportunity to hit the jumper. If the ref blows the wistle right when Bowen touches him its not in the act of shooting. The ref held back because it wasn't going to affect James getting the shot off and its good to see the officials attempting to let the game be decided by the players not the zebras.

James said in the post game that it was incidental contact and it didn't affect his shot. He was given the opportunity to tie the game and he didn't. I think it was a good no call.

It was in the act of shooting. It would have been an "and one" or three shots.

zrinkill
06-13-2007, 09:40 AM

No it was not .....

the :dramaquee 's are coming out of the woodwork this morning

The_Worlds_finest
06-13-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah it was in the act of shooting, lebron is so bad ass he redefines the act of shooting from being in the act of shooting to dribble then shooting. My bro and I tivo'ed back to the foul sure bowen obviously fouled him but it was not even close to the act of shooting. LeNike had his chances and blew them.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 09:48 AM
If they blow the whistle and lebron hits that three, they wave it off. TLongII has a post saying, "This is a leaguewide conspiracy"...

O-Factor
06-13-2007, 09:51 AM

What? You think Oden is going to get you, at the least, 4 championships???? Tim Duncan is going to make him his bitch. Its not even going to be funny.l That, along with the fact that Oden doesn't have much offensive skill, just means he will be another Montumbo

Creation88
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
i'm sorry but you have to be a fucking idiot to believe that Stern wants the SPURS to win a Championship. i'm sure he's taking a rusty razorblade to his wrist right now due to the ratings.

O-Factor
06-13-2007, 09:55 AM

It was NOT in the act of shooting. It was a foul, on the floor. LB should of shot 2. But it was not in the act of shooting. I saw many former players/ESPN analysts say so aswell. Guess you don't know much about basketball.

themvp
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Off-topic:

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here:
Can any of you compare 90's defense to defense that Spurs or Pistons have been playing for last 5-6 years?

samikeyp
Dammit! Tlong found us out!

:lol

BacktoBasics
It was in the act of shooting. It would have been an "and one" or three shots.He wasn't initially fouled in the act of shooting if the wistle was going to blow it should have right when he touched him. Which would have been two shot had he gotten it off or an on the floor foul. He moved away from the contact and the refs gave him a chance to get the tie. That no called favored the Cavs in every way. Thats why James was a man about it in the postgame.

O-Factor
06-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Off-topic:

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here:
Can any of you compare 90's defense to defense that Spurs or Pistons have been playing for last 5-6 years?

You mean defense before the NBA instated new rules to allow for more scoring, less contact and less defense???? Thus resulting in a new brand of basketball where whiny premadonnas like Amare are everywhere now.

cherylsteele
06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Lebron even said wasn't a foul...get over it.

They had plenty of other chances so get over it.

lebomb
06-13-2007, 10:03 AM

You dumbass......you can only have an "and one" if the shot falls in.......even if they would have called it.....Bron BRICKED the shot.
:rolleyes

cherylsteele
06-13-2007, 10:03 AM
LB should of shot 2.
Why? the spurs had a foul to give....it would have been Cavs ball on the side.

tlongII
06-13-2007, 10:33 AM
It's called "continuation" people!

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Find it in the rulebook for me, please.

zrinkill
06-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Its called you and the Cavs crying because you have gotten owned.

Be a man and turn of the water works.

wildbill2u
06-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Stern has to let the Spurs win so the TV execs can get ready for an even smaller market if Portland uses their draft picks wisely and becomes a contender when the Spurs dynasty is over after Timmy's retirement.

Then the TV execs will be looking at the NBA contract during the Spurs rule as the good old days.

703 Spurz
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM

You're so god damn worthless dude. What happened to your POS thread before the Finals began claiming LeBron would kick our ass three ways to the moon?

And then suddenly the Blazers are Finals worthy? As if Oden automatically gives them the playoff experience they sorely need?

What a jackass thread but hey that's what we expect from a dickweed like you

Warlord23
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Foul count for the series so far: Cleveland 52, SA 53
FT Attempts for the series so far: Cleveland 59, SA 58.

So Cleveland has 1 less foul and 1 more FTA despite them being the only team in this series that has had to intentionally foul towards the end of games.

Yeah, that's a league conspiracy right there

td4mvp21
06-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Foul count for the series so far: Cleveland 52, SA 53
FT Attempts for the series so far: Cleveland 59, SA 58.

So Cleveland has 1 less foul and 1 more FTA despite them being the only team in this series that has had to intentionally foul towards the end of games.

Yeah, that's a league conspiracy right there

End of thread.

SA210
06-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Spurs vs Portland in Western Conf. Finals?

That rings a bell...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qc3zGYW2L6A

Extra Stout
06-13-2007, 12:39 PM
It is really sad how easy it is to troll Spurs fans.

nkdlunch
06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
up yours Tlong. Enjoy watching Spurs raise the trophy