PDA

View Full Version : I just found my new favorite TV Show!!

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Man vs. Wild

O M F G...This guy is absolutely nuts. Brilliant show, and its my new favorite beating out The Deadliest Catch.

They drop this guy in the worst conditions and places on earth, and he lives off the land to navigate his way to civilzation.

I recorded all 8 episodes or whatever it was on friday, and watched them all weekend.

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Man vs. Wild

O M F G...This guy is absolutely nuts. Brilliant show, and its my new favorite beating out The Deadliest Catch.

They drop this guy in the worst conditions and places on earth, and he lives off the land to navigate his way to civilzation.

I recorded all 8 episodes or whatever it was on friday, and watched them all weekend.

Yeah I have been DVR'ing them. I doubt I would ever be in those situations, but just in case doesnt hurt :).

peewee's lovechild
07-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Did you see the one where he squeezes the water out of a huge pile of elephant shit to drink it??

That was sweet.

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Did you see the one where he squeezes the water out of a huge pile of elephant shit to drink it??

That was sweet.

yes.

I also saw the one where he ran out of water in his canteen. none in sight, he pisses in his canteen to drink. He says that your piss is sterile if not left to sit too long, and in a pinch can get you through to your next water source.

fuckin gross.

peewee's lovechild
07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
yes.

I also saw the one where he ran out of water in his canteen. none in sight, he pisses in his canteen to drink. He says that your piss is sterile if not left to sit too long, and in a pinch can get you through to your next water source.

fuckin gross.

Yeah, I think he was in Australia on that one.

Avitus1
07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
That show is probably one of the best shows there is! I love that show. Ever see the one where a bear was in his camp site late at night so he took off in the middle of the night? Or the one where he eats some left over Zebra from a lion kill? Crazy stuff. If I'm ever in any of those situations I'd probably forget half of all that stuff.

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
That show is probably one of the best shows there is! I love that show. Ever see the one where a bear was in his camp site late at night so he took off in the middle of the night? Or the one where he eats some left over Zebra from a lion kill? Crazy stuff. If I'm ever in any of those situations I'd probably forget half of all that stuff.

or the one stuck in Alaska where he catches the Alaskan Salmon and is going to town on the thing RAW. I like sushi but dont know if I could eat a fish like that. The piss thing was pretty messed up.

cornbread
07-09-2007, 10:20 AM
^^^The zebra scene was crazy!! I can't believe he was ripping off the flesh with his teeth at one point.

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 10:20 AM
yea...he was pretty freaked out with that bear in his camp. haha i guess i would be too.

i seriously dont think i could do any of the shit he does. He ate some big ass spider in the outback, right off the web...still gives me the willys.

The one where he was dropped in the french alps. Then shows how to get out of a frozen lake if you fall in. HE freakin jumps in the damn ice lake...wtf!

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
yea...he was pretty freaked out with that bear in his camp. haha i guess i would be too.

i seriously dont think i could do any of the shit he does. He ate some big ass spider in the outback, right off the web...still gives me the willys.

The one where he was dropped in the french alps. Then shows how to get out of a frozen lake if you fall in. HE freakin jumps in the damn ice lake...wtf!

and dries himself off with SNOW..........crazy bastard.

peewee's lovechild
07-09-2007, 10:22 AM
^^^The zebra scene was crazy!! I can't believe he was ripping off the flesh with his teeth at one point.

That's the elephant shit episode.

I wonder what Zebra tastes like.
Chicken?

peewee's lovechild
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM

I would just roll into a ball and die.
Fuck all that survival bullshit.

I'd day a day without cable.

Avitus1
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
If your ever stranded by a stream all you go to do is remember one of the billions of ways he's showed how to catch fish. Club em with a stick, scoop em out with your hand, spear them, trap them, shoot them with a bow and arrow.... seems like he's constantly coming up with new inventive ways.

Dont know about Zebra but apparently snake tastes just like chicken. Remember to always cut off the head, skin/gut the snake, and cook really good before you eat it....
Like I'd be messing with a snake.

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Heh...he caught a grass snake on a rock...then just held its head out with one hand, and bit it in half still allive and swallowed it all down.

This show is like fear factor on crack. i love it.

Avitus1
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Heh...he caught a grass snake on a rock...then just held its head out with one hand, and bit it in half still allive and swallowed it all down.

I missed that one...

I gotta get these shows on DVDs.

peewee's lovechild
07-09-2007, 10:29 AM
If your ever stranded by a stream all you go to do is remember one of the billions of ways he's showed how to catch fish. Club em with a stick, scoop em out with your hand, spear them, trap them, shoot them with a bow and arrow.... seems like he's constantly coming up with new inventive ways.

Dont know about Zebra but apparently snake tastes just like chicken. Remember to always cut off the head, skin/gut the snake, and cook really good before you eat it....
Like I'd be messing with a snake.

I find it easier to catch fish at H-E-B.

I swear I'd die within 4 hours if left out in the wild.

Avitus1
07-09-2007, 10:30 AM
HEB is a great place to go to catch fish...

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM

WTF i missed that one, he bit it while it was alive.......crazy bastard.

peewee's lovechild
07-09-2007, 10:34 AM
There was also this episode where he's in a swamp in Florida (in the Everglades?) . . . anyway, he finds a turtle and shoves a knife into the shell to kill it.

Then the fucker just throws the entire shell on top of a fire he made.
After a while he just breaks the shell and eats the turtle.

That fucker is crazy.

Avitus1
07-09-2007, 10:43 AM
There was also this episode where he's in a swamp in Florida (in the Everglades?) . . . anyway, he finds a turtle and shoves a knife into the shell to kill it.

Then the fucker just throws the entire shell on top of a fire he made.
After a while he just breaks the shell and eats the turtle.

That fucker is crazy.

Damn I missed that one.....

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 10:44 AM
WTF i missed that one, he bit it while it was alive.......crazy bastard.

yep it was on the rocky mountains episode i think.

He also did the same thing with a fish in the alps. he caught in that ice hole. Pulled it up, and said...i dont have time to cook this, so ill just eat it was is...then he bit the back of it and the guts shot out of the stomache with a squishy sound..and he just chowed down spitting out bones.

blehh..

nsrammstein
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
You guys wouldn't be able to do half the thing he does, he was in the British Special ops..

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 11:47 AM
You guys wouldn't be able to do half the thing he does, he was in the British Special ops..

Yeah he is a baller

Summers
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
There's a similar show called Survivorman, but I think Survivorman isn't as crazy. He drops himself off in in the middle of nowhere and shows you how to build traps and stuff.

Richard Cranium
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
He ain't got shit on John Rambo.

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM

LOL true!!!!!!

Richard Cranium
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I too like the Deadliest Catch. Both great shows.

ATRAIN
07-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I too like the Deadliest Catch. Both great shows.

Never seen it, havent wanted too since they play bon jovi in the preview hahahha

TheSanityAnnex
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Club em with a stick, scoop em out with your hand, spear them, trap them, shoot them with a bow and arrow.... seems like he's constantly coming up with new inventive ways.
Pretty sure man has been doing these things since the beginning of existance.

Richard Cranium
07-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Bon Jovi has a great new album out!!

tlongII
07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Discovery Channel is on a roll. They've been putting out some good shit lately.

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Discovery Channel is on a roll. They've been putting out some good shit lately.

definately. i can always find something worth watching there.

IceColdBrewski
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
It's getting to the point where all I watch anymore is the Discovery Channel whenever I'm not watching sports.

Man vs Wild
Deadliest Catch
I Shoudn't Be Alive
Mythbusters
Planet Earth

Mix in an episode or 2 of Dirty Jobs every now and then and I'm good to go.

E20
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I saw one episode last night. It's where he was in the Desert. This guy is the SHIT! He fucking pee's on rags and puts them on his head to cool him down, he steals Raven eggs and eats one raw and the other he cooks on the ground LMAO. He fucking makes a straw out of a a plant's branch and sucks out water from rocks. This guy is hella cool and he's hella calm abou the situation he is in which makes it kind of funny. It's really interesting on how he finds his food and eats it.

ATRAIN
07-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I was watching the one's I dvr'ed on friday and saw the one in Iceland where he jumps in the below freezing water from 30 feet up then runs to the hot pool, crazy bastard!!

Soul_Patch
07-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I saw one episode last night. It's where he was in the Desert. This guy is the SHIT! He fucking pee's on rags and puts them on his head to cool him down, he steals Raven eggs and eats one raw and the other he cooks on the ground LMAO. He fucking makes a straw out of a a plant's branch and sucks out water from rocks. This guy is hella cool and he's hella calm abou the situation he is in which makes it kind of funny. It's really interesting on how he finds his food and eats it.

lol yep. that water was gross..all muddy...but he says it is likely cleaner than tap water.

haha.

the egg shit is nasty, throws the whole thing in his mouth, shell and all.

slayermin
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I saw this cool documentary about Dick Proenneke last night. He spent 30 years in Alaska, living mostly off the land.

I think some of these shows were inspired by him even though he isn't as dramatic. But if you want to watch someone that is organized, meticulous, and the epitome of grinding it out, watch his videos. Pretty cool stuff. I felt worthless after watching him build his own log cabin.

Thunder Dan
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I had to edit this to ad the appropriate dancing elephant icon

Thunder Dan
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Man vs. Wild

dude that fucking show is awesome. I saw him drink liquid out of Elephant shit one time! :elephant

peewee's lovechild
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Last night he was in Mexico.

He ate beetle larva and ate a fish raw.

This guy is God incarnate.

dallaskd
07-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I like Man vs wild and mythbusters. Dirty Jobs is ok if i have some free time.

Silver21_Black20
07-10-2007, 02:48 PM
This show sounds awesome. Are all the episodes available online to download?

peewee's lovechild
07-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm going to buy my a big mound of Elephant shit just so I can drink the water.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I really want to know how the hell the camera crew follows him around all the time

Soul_Patch
07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I really want to know how the hell the camera crew follows him around all the time

Same here. There was one where he was in the rain forest...and climbed like 100ft to the top of some flimsy ass tree to get a view of his terrain...

the camera was right next to him panning to him hanging on the tree then out to the forest..then back to him...wtf did they set up a bad ass ladder right next to him?

and how shitty is it to drink liquid out of an elephant shit patty, or drink your own piss when i bet the camera man has a nice cold bottle of dasani, laughing while he is filming.

peewee's lovechild
07-10-2007, 03:09 PM

I think that they're trained climbers/outdoorsmen that follow him at a distance.

atxrocker
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
this show is seriously good. i have only seen a few episodes, but everything that i've seen has been very interesting and entertaining. this guy is nuts!

Taco
07-10-2007, 03:40 PM

That was sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vlEavUH9ng

da_suns_fan_
07-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I am Man vs. Wild. Thank you for the kind words...

ShoogarBear
07-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Wait a minute, who's filming this guy?

E20
07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Damn straight. :smokin

E20
07-10-2007, 05:29 PM
That's what I thought too and was skeptical of the whole thing, but now I'm like fuck it, this guy is such a G it has to be real. Camera guy is just taping it that's it.

NorCal510
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
how does bear grylls climb a cliff using "hard" techniques, and the camera man is right behind him when he gets to the top?

other than that, the show is bomb! it is the best show on TV.

also, how does he make so many episodes? in a year from now, do you think he'll still be doing this...i hope so. it's kinda like laguna beach... awesome!

IceColdBrewski
07-10-2007, 05:46 PM

He says at the start of several episodes that he'll have a small camera crew following him, but that they're not allowed to assist him unless he's in "extreme danger." I think he also wears one of those cameras that attatches to his waist for things like mountain and tree climbing. I've seen "survivor man" wearing a similar one.

NorCal510
07-10-2007, 05:49 PM
He says at the start of several episodes that he'll have a small camera crew following him, but that they're not allowed to assist him unless he's in "extreme danger." I think he also wears one of those cameras that attatches to his waist for things like mountain and tree climbing. I've seen "survivor man" wearing a similar one.
but then when he gets to the top, the long distance view of him shows. maybe he waits while the film crew walks 25 miles to get up?

GoldToe
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Laguna beach? WTF!?

ShoogarBear
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking maybe the really badass one is the cameraman. :lol

TheTruth
07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Survivor Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Man Vs. Wild

peewee's lovechild
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM

I don't know which one I like better.

Bear Grylls has more personality.

NorCal510
07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Laguna beach? WTF!?
laguna beach OWNED

O-Factor
07-10-2007, 09:32 PM
The MAN!

http://img.verycd.com/posts/0701/post-433743-1168177655.jpg

nsrammstein
07-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Cash Cab is very good too you can actually sit down and watch this show while eating dinner with the family.

NorCal510
07-10-2007, 11:12 PM
mythbusters is the worst show on discovery

Taco
07-11-2007, 07:35 AM

I like Survivor man, he does not have a film crew, he shoots his own footage

http://outdoors.jasonpaterson.com/images/survivorman-logo.jpg
http://www.survivorman.ca/images/photos/boreal2.jpg http://away.com/images/outside/200510/live-through-this.jpg

peewee's lovechild
07-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I like Survivor man, he does not have a film crew, he shoots his own footage

http://outdoors.jasonpaterson.com/images/survivorman-logo.jpg
http://www.survivorman.ca/images/photos/boreal2.jpg http://away.com/images/outside/200510/live-through-this.jpg

Yes he does.

Check online.

ATRAIN
07-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I just say the Australian outback episode, well most of it where he drinks his own piss..........WTF!!!

peewee's lovechild
07-11-2007, 08:45 AM
I just say the Australian outback episode, well most of it where he drinks his own piss..........WTF!!!

"Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."
-Patches O'Houlihan (Dodgeball)

Soul_Patch
07-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Yea...i just picture the camera man watching him. Holding a bad ass ice cold bottle of evian or something.

Damn Bear...drinkin your own piss? Want some evian?? "no you dolt! im a survivor!"

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 09:40 AM
mythbusters is the worst show on discovery

I concur

DarkReign
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM

Bear does have a handheld. If you watched the mountain episode, you see him carrying an all weather camera. Its slightly larger than any other handheld and safety yellow.

So those shots you see of the treetops, etc are from Bear carrying that thing up with him.

I love the show. The absolute best part of the entire program for me are the multiple ways he starts a fire and the multiple ways he finds direction (ie north, west, south and east).

Those two things are basically all youll ever really need in a survivor situation. Food and water you will find when youre hungry and thirsty enough.

peewee's lovechild
07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Bear does have a handheld. If you watched the mountain episode, you see him carrying an all weather camera. Its slightly larger than any other handheld and safety yellow.

So those shots you see of the treetops, etc are from Bear carrying that thing up with him.

I love the show. The absolute best part of the entire program for me are the multiple ways he starts a fire and the multiple ways he finds direction (ie north, west, south and east).

Those two things are basically all youll ever really need in a survivor situation. Food and water you will find when youre hungry and thirsty enough.

When he was in Mexico, he found a little piece of metal. He rubbed it on his head to magnatize it and he placed it on a leaf floating on water. It worked like a compass because it gave a true Noth/South direction.

I was impressed.

Taco
07-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes he does.

Check online.

He does have a camera crew? Where on line?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/survivorman/bio/bio.html

Living off the land takes on a new meaning when wilderness survival expert and filmmaker Les "Survivorman" Stroud spends nine harrowing weeks alone in a variety of survival simulations.

Stroud's idea of a nature outing is probably a little different from yours and mine: he takes off alone and heads to a punishing corner in the back of beyond with nothing but a few cameras to document his (often miserable) experiences. From the frozen Arctic pack ice to the fetid jungles of Central America, Survivorman highlights Stroud's extraordinary self-reliance and survival skills. In each episode he is set down in a deserted wilderness and left to fend entirely for himself with no food, no fresh water, no shelter and no matches.

peewee's lovechild
07-11-2007, 10:58 AM
He does have a camera crew? Where on line?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/survivorman/bio/bio.html

Living off the land takes on a new meaning when wilderness survival expert and filmmaker Les "Survivorman" Stroud spends nine harrowing weeks alone in a variety of survival simulations.

Stroud's idea of a nature outing is probably a little different from yours and mine: he takes off alone and heads to a punishing corner in the back of beyond with nothing but a few cameras to document his (often miserable) experiences. From the frozen Arctic pack ice to the fetid jungles of Central America, Survivorman highlights Stroud's extraordinary self-reliance and survival skills. In each episode he is set down in a deserted wilderness and left to fend entirely for himself with no food, no fresh water, no shelter and no matches.

My bad.
Mea Culpa.

I was reading the wrong site.

According to Wikipedia, he does go at it alone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorman

I guess this gives him a one up on Bear Grylls.