PDA

View Full Version : Scola > Oberto + Bonner

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 12:46 PM
and would've came for about 40 percent of what we are paying these two dickweeds.

Eat on that shit today.

:wakeup

Mr. Body
07-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Resigning Bonner cost the Spurs Butler and Scola.

I like Oberto, though.

If the Spurs take Udoka or get Sanikidze on the roster, Bonner may barely ever play. That's stupid.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
and would've game for about 40 percent of what we are paying these two dickweeds.

Eat on that shit today.

thank you captain fucking obvious

mardigan
07-14-2007, 12:56 PM
More urgent and breaking news

O-Factor
07-14-2007, 12:58 PM
It sucks we pretty much just gave Scola away, to a division rival at that. But we are still in prime position to repeat.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 01:01 PM
It sucks we pretty much just gave Scola away, to a division rival at that. But we are still in prime position to repeat.

Not really...

Spurs didn't do anything to improve, Suns (who Spurs didn't beat at full capacity) added Grant Hill, Mavs (who Spurs luckily didn't have to play) return their solid team, and Rockets just filled out their two-star roster with very credible scoring threats (James, Scola, and possibly Butler).

Spurs aren't in a prime position to repeat and aren't even really the favorites...no one is.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Not really...

Spurs didn't do anything to improve, Suns (who Spurs didn't beat at full capacity) added Grant Hill, Mavs (who Spurs luckily didn't have to play) return their solid team, and Rockets just filled out their two-star roster with very credible scoring threats (James, Scola, and possibly Butler).

Spurs aren't in a prime position to repeat and aren't even really the favorites...no one is.
Offseason aint over yet.
Rockets added some pieces, but no one knows how chemistry and a new coaching system will play out with them.
The Mavs showed their chinks in the armor and havent done shit really in the offseason except have another off season thinking about what chokers they are, not great on the psyche
And :lol at Grant Hill being the missing piece for any team
No one has a three like the Spurs, and the role players on this team should be better next year.
Spurs will be fine

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Not really...

Huh? They can still repeat, but they gave away relief for Duncan and relief for Horry for fucking nothing. I wanted to see Scola play alongside Duncan, Manu and Parker. He is better than Oberto, He is better than Bonner. Horry is not going to play during the regular season and will show up huge in the playoffs with his rebounds, blocked shots, mental destruction and a few timely 3s.

They didn't have to resign Bonner. Period. I don't understand why he didn't get a minimum deal? It's fucking absolutley crazy to pay him a 3 year 9 million dollar deal. It's fucking luda.

So now, you drop Scola into a tandem with Yao. What the fuck is that?

What a got damn joke.

rayweb_on
07-14-2007, 01:07 PM
luis scola its better than oberto all that saw then play en argentina team know

Zarko
07-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Not really...

:rolleyes

Give us a break.... Grant Hill at his age, Mike James, Luis Scola, Jackie Butler are not difference makers on a roster.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 01:09 PM
luis scola its better than oberto all that saw then play en argentina team know
Maybe from a skill stand-point, but Oberto fits so well with the SPurs in their system, and that makes him valuable to the SPurs

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Offseason aint over yet.
Rockets added some pieces, but no one knows how chemistry and a new coaching system will play out with them.
The Mavs showed their chinks in the armor and havent done shit really in the offseason except have another off season thinking about what chokers they are, not great on the psyche
And :lol at Grant Hill being the missing piece for any team
No one has a three like the Spurs, and the role players on this team should be better next year.
Spurs will be fine

Rockets are a better team on paper than they were last year. That gives them a head start over last year's team. I understand that they will still have chemistry issues. I'm specifically interested to see how McGrady and James mesh in the backcourt...with both often demanding the ball. But, they are at least a deeper team than last year...and with their players' injury history, that's important to note.

On Dallas....while they have not addressed their lack of low-post scoring, they have maintained their championship-contending team. Let's face it, the Warriors were a match-up problem and nothing more. The Spurs cannot assume that Dallas will get taken care of again by a gimmick system. The Mavs still match up very well with the rest of the league. Every team has holes...even the Spurs with their lack of a true small-ball PF, lack of alegitimate backup PG, lack of athleticism on the wings, and lack of a low-post scoring threat outside of Duncan. And they still won.

And I'm not saying that Grant Hill was a missing piece for the Suns. In truth, I think they made more agregious errors this off-season than the Spurs by dealing away Rudy Fernandez and adding a Desmond Mason clone that can't shoot. BUT...they didn't get worse and if Amare Stoudamire had played every game it would've been a different series. I'm not saying the outcome wouldn't have been the same, but you can't discount the Suns...

mardigan
07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Well Im still holding out some hope that the SPurs will still bring in another player or two.
Im just not ready to say the Spurs arent the favorites until the off-season is over and we can look at the final squad

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
To all those questioning my theory about repeating...

I'm NOT saying it's impossible.

I'm NOT even saying it isn't probable.

Spurs are still in the discussion, but they aren't in what I would consider a "prime position". As far as I'm concerned it's a wide-open race.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Well Im still holding out some hope that the SPurs will still bring in another player or two.
Im just not ready to say the Spurs arent the favorites until the off-season is over and we can look at the final squad

Spurs won't bring in another player or two without subtracting someone "significant" from their roster, because the Spurs are still over the lux tax threshold....and as it was proven with the Butler deal, the Spurs aren't going to pay double for someone that's not going to significantly contribute.

picnroll
07-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Resigning Bonner cost the Spurs Butler and Scola.

I like Oberto, though.

If the Spurs take Udoka or get Sanikidze on the roster, Bonner may barely ever play. That's stupid.
If Scola said he'd stay in Europe rather than sign with the Spurs how did resigning Bonner prevent the Spurs from getting Scola?

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 01:30 PM
:rolleyes

Give us a break.... Grant Hill at his age, Mike James, Luis Scola, Jackie Butler are not difference makers on a roster.

Suns were already a championship-contending team without Grant Hill. What makes you think they'll be worse off with him?

And, let's examine your other statement....

When the previous year's roster is:

PG Rafer Alston
SG Tracy McGrady (injured 10 games)
SF Shane Battier
PF Chuck Hayes
C Yao Ming (Injured 34 games)

With contributions from over-the-hill Juwan Howard & Dikembe Mutumbo, and unmotivated Bonzi Wells (when not injured), and Luther Head.

This year's potential roster:

PG Mike James
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Shane Battier
PF Luis Scola
C Yao Ming

With contributions from Rafer Alston/Aaron Brooks/Luther Head at guard, motivated Bonzi Wells at G/F, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry as then "energy" PFs, Butler as the F/C, and Mutumbo as the veteran.

Bottom Line: The Suns aren't worse and the Rockets are significantly DEEPER and potentially much better.

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 01:44 PM
The Spurs and the Suns were the two best teams in the playoffs. I imagine this will be the story this year.

Dallas is a great team but not a championship team.

It really comes down to health and which team gets the breaks in a series.

You could form an allstar team from the Eastern Conference and you couldn't beat the Suns, Spurs or Mavs in the finals. The East doesn't have a chance.

leemajors
07-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Suns were already a championship-contending team without Grant Hill. What makes you think they'll be worse off with him?

PG Rafer Alston
SF Shane Battier
PF Chuck Hayes

With contributions from over-the-hill Juwan Howard & Dikembe Mutumbo, and unmotivated Bonzi Wells (when not injured), and Luther Head.

PG Mike James
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Shane Battier
PF Luis Scola
C Yao Ming

With contributions from Rafer Alston/Aaron Brooks/Luther Head at guard, motivated Bonzi Wells at G/F, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry as then "energy" PFs, Butler as the F/C, and Mutumbo as the veteran.

Bottom Line: The Suns aren't worse and the Rockets are significantly DEEPER and potentially much better.
the rockets may be a lot better offensively, but their defense will suffer greatly with adelman instead of van gundy. if yao and tmac can stay healthy, they will be good. but i still don't see them as a top 4 seed.

Mr. Body
07-14-2007, 01:52 PM
If Scola said he'd stay in Europe rather than sign with the Spurs how did resigning Bonner prevent the Spurs from getting Scola?

Cost him as an asset.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
the rockets may be a lot better offensively, but their defense will suffer greatly with adelman instead of van gundy. if yao and tmac can stay healthy, they will be good. but i still don't see them as a top 4 seed.

I understand that Van Gundy was a great defensive coach and that Adelman is lacking in that area, but the Rockets still have the same amount of talent defensively. They still have a 7'5 guy clogging up the lane, a very good perimeter defender in Battier, and have added a tough-nosed defender in Mike James.

This is just my opinion, but I think the improvements they've made on offense will outweigh any deficencies they will encounter on D. Suppose time will tell though...

Still, to claim that they're not the #4 team is a little odd. The Rockets took Utah to 7 games last playoffs and have significantly improved the depth and overall talent of their club.

bdictjames
07-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Finley's got that championship monkey off his back now. A repeat is still possible, and no way did Jackie Butler help in last year's championship run. Parker may have more confidence now.

leemajors
07-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I understand that Van Gundy was a great defensive coach and that Adelman is lacking in that area, but the Rockets still have the same amount of talent defensively. They still have a 7'5 guy clogging up the lane, a very good perimeter defender in Battier, and have added a tough-nosed defender in Mike James.

This is just my opinion, but I think the improvements they've made on offense will outweigh any deficencies they will encounter on D. Suppose time will tell though...

Still, to claim that they're not the #4 team is a little odd. The Rockets took Utah to 7 games last playoffs and have significantly improved the depth and overall talent of their club.
mike james plays defense? i didn't think he did last time around in houston, so he got shipped out.

SAGambler
07-14-2007, 02:24 PM
To all those questioning my theory about repeating...

I'm NOT saying it's impossible.

I'm NOT even saying it isn't probable.

Spurs are still in the discussion, but they aren't in what I would consider a "prime position". As far as I'm concerned it's a wide-open race.

Check with the Vegas Sports Books. Those guys aren't ever far off. And last I heard Spurs were co favorites with Dallas at 7 - 2 odds.

You may say the FO doesn't know what it's doing, but I doubt you can say the same for a bunch of people that make their living on these picks.

Johnny RIngo
07-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Some of you are way overrating the S0ns. Their coach is a joke, their playing style is a gimmick, and their star players can't play defense. If Manu hadn't played so shitty in games 2 and 4 the S0ns would have been sent home in five games just like they were in '05.

The Mavs are still the biggest threat to the Spurs.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Check with the Vegas Sports Books. Those guys aren't ever far off. And last I heard Spurs were co favorites with Dallas at 7 - 2 odds.

You may say the FO doesn't know what it's doing, but I doubt you can say the same for a bunch of people that make their living on these picks.

That was the first of many lines, and I'm certain that number will change. It should also be noted, that line was made before any signings or trades took place.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 02:36 PM
mike james plays defense? i didn't think he did last time around in houston, so he got shipped out.

He did in Detriot and that's why he backed up Chauncey Billups in their championship run.

Reckless28
07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
i believe the upcoming season is going to be fun to watch. the spurs do need some better wing players. we will not know what the final rosters will be until trade deadline arrives during the season. i don't think the spurs FO are done dealing. let's just hope they make the right moves.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
i believe the upcoming season is going to be fun to watch. the spurs do need some better wing players. we will not know what the final rosters will be until trade deadline arrives during the season. i don't think the spurs FO are done dealing. let's just hope they make the right moves.

Based on track record thus far this off-season....I wouldn't hope for too much.

exstatic
07-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I love how everyone is bagging on Bonner and anointing Scola the next big thing based on Euro league stats. Hardly any of you clown asses know that Bonner played Euro league ball for one year after college, and his fucking numbers owned all over Scola's.

36 minutes 19p/9r 54 FG% 36 3G%

leemajors
07-14-2007, 02:48 PM
He did in Detriot and that's why he backed up Chauncey Billups in their championship run.
i remember he did hit some big threes during their run to the title, but i thought hunter was the one they put in for defense. ok, i found something about it:

ames was a member of the Pistons' 2004 NBA Championship team as a reserve. He and fellow reserve guard Lindsey Hunter formed a formidable defensive guard combination nicknamed the "Pit Bulls" by Rasheed Wallace, because of their aggressive nature on defense.

same article states this though:

He is a marginal 3-point shooter, and also occasionally possesses the dribbling skill and quickness to drive past defenders to the basket. He is known to be a one-dimensional, no defense player, and late in close games in the 2005-06 NBA season he has shown a propensity for firing off quick 3-pointers, which throughout the season have either won games for the Raptors or lost games for them in the final stages of the game.

different player for each team, it seems.

picnroll
07-14-2007, 02:50 PM
i remember he did hit some big threes during their run to the title, but i thought hunter was the one they put in for defense.
Hunter was.

Defense Hunter > Billups >>> James

wildchild
07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Scola>Bonner? Yes.
Scola> Oberto and Bonner? NO.

Against Rockets put Tim on Yao and Oberto on Scola and you'll see.
Oberto's a so much better defender than Scola.
He's done a incredible job of making Ilgauskas, Boozer, Okur and Amare in the last playoff. And he'll do again on Scola this season.

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I love how everyone is bagging on Bonner and anointing Scola the next big thing based on Euro league stats. Hardly any of you clown asses know that Bonner played Euro league ball for one year after college, and his fucking numbers owned all over Scola's.

you maybe right, but we've seen Bonner play in the NBA and it's safe to say that he is a 10th or 11th guy and will never get any minutes in a game that means anything of value.

Scola has played significant minutes on teams that have won on all levels except for the NBA.

The dancing usher plays more significant minutes than Bonner does.

Wake the fuck up.

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Scola>Bonner? Yes.
Scola> Oberto and Bonner? NO.

Against Rockets put Tim on Yao and Oberto on Scola and you'll see.
Oberto's a so much better defender than Scola.
He's done a incredible job of making Ilgauskas, Boozer, Okur and Amare in the last playoff. And he'll do again on Scola this season.

In Argentina, Oberto is Scola's nanny.

tmtcsc
07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
If the Spurs stay healthy, THEY WILL REPEAT. Too much drama in here over a guy who has yet to prove himself in the NBA.

tmtcsc
07-14-2007, 03:09 PM
In America, Scola will be Tim's beeeyatch. And don't say shit about the block on O'Neal. That is ancient history. Scola will find it difficult to stay on the floor.

wildchild
07-14-2007, 03:13 PM
In Argentina, Oberto is Scola's nanny.

Why?
Because Oberto take him at school in the paint :lol
Because Oberto accustomed to playing in pressure-packed games and Scola played so bad this games :lol

in the NBA?
Answer=first game Spurs vs Rockets this season.

inconvertible
07-14-2007, 04:06 PM
and would've came for about 40 percent of what we are paying these two dickweeds.

Eat on that shit today.

true!

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 04:29 PM

What team Did Bonner play for in Europe?

mardigan
07-14-2007, 04:30 PM

Toronto recognized the future potential in Bonner but did not have a roster position available. Bonner was asked to spend a year in Europe honing his skills with a verbal promise to give him a shot at making the team in 2004.

After signing with Sicilia of the Italian league based in Messina, Sicily, 2003 proved to be a harrowing year for Bonner. Bonner survived a 104.5 degree Fahrenheit fever brought on by a bout of salmonella (treated by the team dentist) most likely caused by a lack of running hot water in his apartment. Sicilia had filed for bankruptcy in the middle of the season and had stopped paying its players. Bonner's heat and electricity were shut off and he was given two eviction notices. Despite half the team leaving, Bonner stuck it out and finished the year averaging 19.2 points and 9.3 rebounds [2].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Bonner

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Toronto recognized the future potential in Bonner but did not have a roster position available. Bonner was asked to spend a year in Europe honing his skills with a verbal promise to give him a shot at making the team in 2004.

After signing with Sicilia of the Italian league based in Messina, Sicily, 2003 proved to be a harrowing year for Bonner. Bonner survived a 104.5 degree Fahrenheit fever brought on by a bout of salmonella (treated by the team dentist) most likely caused by a lack of running hot water in his apartment. Sicilia had filed for bankruptcy in the middle of the season and had stopped paying its players. Bonner's heat and electricity were shut off and he was given two eviction notices. Despite half the team leaving, Bonner stuck it out and finished the year averaging 19.2 points and 9.3 rebounds [2].

But it was a loosing team,right?
coze Itīs not the same to average 19/9 on a loosing team tham averaging 15/6 in a title contender type of team.
I mean, it would be fair to say that too.

whottt
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
On 60% shooting...

Noccioni was a better rebounder in Euroleague than Scola too...

Scola is a PF that can score....exactly how does that help us win a title...

Motherfuck...do you see our PF having trouble scoring?

And don't even attempt to claim you are serious about Butler...again, he had offensive game, the 1 out of every 5 plays he could actually get his ass down the court...

Do you want to run an NBA kindergarten for projects, or get a motherfucker to put on Dirk so he doesn't go Wilt on us again?

Mavs aren't championship contenders? They are Spurs asskicker contenders...and that's good enough to make them a concern to me.

whottt
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
But it was a loosing team,right?
coze Itīs not the same to average 19/9 on a loosing team tham averaging 15/6 in a title contender type of team.
I mean, it would be fair to say that too.

Yeah...because Scola wins...

Fucker plays with another NBA lottery caliber bigman and still chokes his ass off.

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah...because Scola wins...

Fucker plays with another NBA lottery caliber bigman and still chokes his ass off.

donīt hate the player.........................hate the game bitch. :fro

whottt
07-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Is anyone else enjoying ArgSpursFans shock and disbelief as much as I am?

This cocksucker would trade Duncan and DRob in their primes for Pepe Sanchez....must be a real bitch to have reality smack you upside the head like that.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Is anyone else enjoying ArgSpursFans shock and disbelief as much as I am?

This cocksucker would trade Duncan and DRob in their primes for Pepe Sanchez....must be a real bitch to have reality smack you upside the head like that.
:lol
You would think that the SPurs just traded Carlos Boozer the way Scola is being talked about around here

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Iīm just happy that one of my favorites player finally made it to the NBA.thatīs all fucker.

whottt
07-14-2007, 04:58 PM
You can spin it, slice it, dice it, rebound it...whatever...

But the Spurs are never going to spend big money on a bigman to put next to Duncan if the guy can't play fucking D...

Because doing so forces Duncan to guard the teams top inside player...

Duncan is probably the greatest block scoring bigman to ever step foot on the NBA court....why in the fuck do you want him on the bench in foul trouble so Scola can score less effectively than Duncan?

Figure it the fuck out...if the guy can't play D...he's not going to play alongside Duncan.

I tell you...some people evidentally weren't watching in the mid 90's when Drob had to carry the offensive and defensive load...I was there...it sucked ass. It cost us titles.

You want a Euroleague MVP caliber bigman that is offensive oriented that can't play D?

WE had one...his name was Rasho...and he actually could play D.

exstatic
07-14-2007, 05:08 PM
You should read the whole history of that year. Yeah, they were losing. Having the team go bankrupt, and half the players quit will do that. Bonner wasn't one of the quitters. They figured out that he got salmonella because his electricity got shut off and he couldn't properly wash his dishes. He had eviction notices multiple times. He wasn't getting paid, so he couldn't pay his bills. He still never quit.

That doggedness, plus his overall smarts are why I want him on this team. Unlike JBut, he recognizes that his time isn't now, but is willing to wait. In 08-09, he'll be a rotation player.

timvp
07-14-2007, 05:12 PM
The best part of the trade with the Rockets is it'll make ArgScolaFan post less. The less of his clueless takes, the better. Now he'll just be an illiterate version of ploto bemoaning the loss of another soft post player that can't rebound.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 05:14 PM
How many Euro pf's are in the league under 7 feet that are difference makers?

Roxsfan
07-14-2007, 05:15 PM

PG Rafer Alston
SF Shane Battier
PF Chuck Hayes

PG Mike James
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Shane Battier
PF Luis Scola
C Yao Ming

Yeah, and to win 52 games with all those games missed by Yao, incredible. That injury was a freak thing, where Tim Thomas and Chuck Hayes collided causing Tim Thomas to freakishly roll over Yao's right leg causing a small non-displaced tibial fracture, kind of like when AK47 kicked/stepped on his foot and caused a small fracture. His toe-nail infections have gone away with having them pulled and correcting his shoes. So, Yao should be able to continue his mvp-type domination at the 5 and he won't be as tired since he won't always be in the low post.....he will spend some time in the high post passing to cutters and hitting the long J......this will keep him fresh in the 4 q (and late in the season) where his nearly 90% shooting prevents hack a Yao.
T-Mac has received proactive back treatments from Dr. Patterson in Waco and has not had any significant issues related to back spasms since. Adelman intends on taking some of the scoring load off of him and making the game easier for him and this will help his back.

If they can stay healthy, and get solid contributions from everyone else.....they should get out of the first round and from there anything is possible.

Kori Ellis
07-14-2007, 05:16 PM
"continue his mvp domination"

??

whottt
07-14-2007, 05:20 PM
How about we get a bigman that shot 76% from the field and pulled down 7 rebounds(like a career high for Scola) and over a block and a half per game, in leading his team to a Euroleague title?

whottt
07-14-2007, 05:22 PM
The best part of the trade with the Rockets is it'll make ArgScolaFan post less. The less of his clueless takes, the better. Now he'll just be an illiterate version of ploto bemoaning the loss of another soft post player that can't rebound.

Don't insult Rasho by comparing his rebounding to Scola's...

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:25 PM
The best part of the trade with the Rockets is it'll make ArgScolaFan post less.

Wrong again.Just like when you predicted Scola wasnīt gonna get a 3 yrs 10 M deal.

timvp
07-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Don't insult Rasho by comparing his rebounding to Scola's...

whottt has a five year head start in hating Scola on the rest of Spurs fans. It'll take some time for the rest of us to catch up but until then hopefully [b]whottt[/c] can lead the way.

:cooldevil

timvp
Wrong again.Just like when you predicted Scola wasnīt gonna get a 3 yrs 10 M deal from the Spurs.
Fixed.

Roxsfan
"continue his mvp domination"

??

Yao was averaging 27 (26.8pts) and 10 (9.7 rebs) before he went down with the injury and was dominating the 5 spot in an MVP-type fashion.

Houston Chronicle:

"You're talking about a guy on a MVP pace that has been carrying this team the past two seasons

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Fixed.

yeah,run away,it will still catch up and bite you in the butt.

whottt
07-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Seriously...

Rasho fucking won a Euroleague title in 1998...he shot 76% from the field, he pulled down over 7 boards a game...he blocked over a shot and a half per game...

That kicks Scola's ass...do you get it Sequ?

Anthony Parker is like the Magic Johnson of Euroleague, 2 Euroleague MVP's...that mofo will be lucky to win a 6thman of the year award in the NBA.

How'd Jackofvikicieus do once he got to the NBA?

Everyone wants to give other players credit for what Manu has done...

By my reckoning...there are exactly 4 players in Euroleague(two of whom never even played in Euroleague) history who have translated European SuperStar and franchise ability to the NBA....and the Spurs currently have two of them...the other two are Sabonis and Dirk.

Euroleague ball is getting better...countries like Greece and France are producing some serious ballers...but don't telling me some bitch that can't even win a Euroleague title(because he underperforms) and can't even rebound like a bigman in the Euroleague...is going to be the key to the Spurs winning a title this year.

Don't be thinking Dirks are growing on trees over in Europe...there's exactly one Dirk NBA or otherwise...just like so far there's exactly one Manu.

The fact that Rasho was a better rebounder than Scola in Euroleague should shut anyone the fuck up about his Spurs worthiness...if Rasho could rebound...he'd still be here. If Scola could rebound...he'd be here.

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Seriously...

Rasho fucking won a Euroleague title in 1998...he shot 76% from the field, he pulled down over 7 boards a game...he blocked over a shot and a half per game...

Rasho plays the Center pos.Itīs ok to average 2 more rpg tham a PF.No biggie.

picnroll
07-14-2007, 05:41 PM
How many low post Euro bigs known for their offensive game have come to the US and had success? Vlade. Sabonis. Z. All real bigs, not undersized bigs. Anyone else?

whottt
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Rasho plays the Center pos.Itīs ok to average 2 more rpg tham a PF.No biggie.

The point is that Rasho can't rebound worth a flip in the NBA.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
How many low post Euro bigs known for their offensive game have come to the US and had success? Vlade. Sabonis. Z. All real bigs, not undersized bigs. Anyone else?
I asked the question of how many Euro pf's under 7 feet are playing in the NBA right now and making any kind of difference?
Anyone?

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Oberto.And He is 6.9 and way less athletic or faster tham Luis. :fro

keep trying though.

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I asked the question of how many Euro pf's under 7 feet are playing in the NBA right now and making any kind of difference?
Anyone?
Oberto.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Oberto.
You are truly the biggest homer of all time

The only reason the SPurs have 4 titles is because of the Euros we've drafted right?

whottt
07-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Oberto isn't known for his offense....he's known for his toughness and smarts...non physical attributes, that translate to any league in the world, which is why I was on the Obertowagon from the day Drob retired on....

Scola is an unathletic player who plays an athletic style of ball, he's just skilled enough to pull it off in Europe...he's going to get assraped by third string scrub defenders in the NBA.

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
You are truly the biggest homer of all time

The only reason the SPurs have 4 titles is because of the Euros we've drafted right?

I believe He ended up on the floor in the 4rd quarters vs the cavs making big plays contributing in the post.That used to be Horryīs job before and He took it.

bdictjames
07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Y'all wait Oberto will avg a double double next year

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Oberto isn't known for his offense....he's known for his toughness and smarts...non physical attributes, that translate to any league in the NBA, which is why I was on the Obertowagon from the day Drob retired on....

So,is Scola,I really donīt see your point.
Thatīs what every single person who have seen him play,has said about him.Great low post offense and BBIQ.

whottt
07-14-2007, 06:03 PM
If Scola doesn't average 16 and 6 this year you should change your name to ArgArgFan...

I applaud you Argiehomerism in the right environment...this just isn't it. Save that shit for FIBA...this is the NBA...NBA TEAMS...not individuals...TEAM Players.

In the NBA...I don't give a fuck who is from where...I care about Spurs wins.

You could put the biggest anti-american in history on the Spurs...like Usama Bin Laden, Nbadan, or boutons...and I would still root for the team...because it's about the team.

Spurs are good enough for Oberto and Manu fucking Ginobili but not fucking Scola? That bitch thinks he should somehow be the only player in basketball history exempt from draft rules? And whines like a bitch when the best organization in the NBA drafts him?

Fuck this dude...

He and Pop met face to face at Tony's wedding...and Pop said dump this bitch to the best team that we play often, that will take his over-rated ass, so I can have Duncan beat his ass into the dirt as often as possible until the day he retires.

Who in the fuck Scola think he is...Manu fucking Ginobili?

He's not...not even close. As a talent..as a team player...deal with it. Some Argies suck...just like some Americans suck. Scola is one of them...this will be revealed in time.

whottt
07-14-2007, 06:09 PM
IF Scola could have kept his fucking hole shut for more than 5 minutes in the last 5 years, we probably could have traded him for a non shitty Argie...like Nocioni.

His fault...not ours.

Just like it's his fucking fault his agent and Tau fucked him into the worst contract in history...not ours.

Now...he's going to get Duncan's foot up his ass 4 times a year until the day he crawls back to Europe....just remember, he asked for it.

You don't think Duncna is going to take it a personal affront that this scrub fucking Euro PF has been pissing on his organization from day 1...

Not to mention the Olympics?

You are wrong. Duncan is going to own this bitch like he's never owned any PF before.

Luis Scola is probably the last PF I would want to be in the NBA...

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 06:11 PM
you just take it personal wottt.the guy has the same rights tham any other US guy to fight for his money.And he got it.
You think the Rockets wouldīve offered him that contract otherwise?
Seriusly.
think of this:bonner is making the same money.Prooven or not I donīt see any diference between them 2.

E20
07-14-2007, 06:12 PM
It's going to be really interesting to see how Scola plays, if he does, in the NBA. The reactions from everybody will be priceless. LMAO

ALVAREZ6
07-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Now...he's going to get Duncan's foot up his ass 4 times a year until the day he crawls back to Europe....just remember, he asked for it.

You don't think Duncna is going to take it a personal affront that this scrub fucking Euro PF has been pissing on his organization from day 1...

You are wrong. Duncan is going to own this bitch like he's never owned any PF before. :lol :lol :lol

Tim probably doesn't even remember who the fuck he is by now. Plus, regular season games aren't shit, I think Scola's asshole will be just fine from playing against Tim during very minimal time in each game.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 06:16 PM
All I know is Matt Bonner has proven he can hang in the NBA and deserves his money. Maybe not all 3yr/10M but he deserves most of it. Scola has not done anything in the NBA. He is no different than any other player coming out of college. A college player that slips into the second round that was the main player on a team that almost won the NCAA championship is the same as Scola being the main player on his team in Euroleague. He is no different than any other 2nd round player and should've taken 2nd rounder money.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
And he's a dumbass for signing that 10-year contract and making into a whole bunch of shit the last few offseasons.

ArgSpursFan
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
And he's a dumbass for signing that 10-year contract and making into a whole bunch of shit the last few offseasons.
Yeah,I canīt stand eather dumbasses making tons of money at the age of 17!!! :fro

thousandth
07-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Enough! Duncan,Oberto, Elson, Horry, Bonner are Spurs! Not Scola!
Who'd win a title? Scola? ENOUGH!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah,I canīt stand eather dumbasses making tons of money at the age of 17!!! :fro
Hell then if he wanted so much money when he was so young why didn't he just go ahead and sign a lifetime contract?

whottt
07-14-2007, 06:30 PM
you just take it personal wottt.the guy has the same rights tham any other US guy to fight for his money.And he got it.
You think the Rockets wouldīve offered him that contract otherwise?
Seriusly.
think of this:bonner is making the same money.Prooven or not I donīt see any diference between them 2.

Fight for his money? You mean like Oberto? And Manu? And Nocioni?

He's the least of them...in the NBA.

And Bonner can shoot threes...a bigman that can shoot threes and draw opposing bigmen out of the paint is a huge asset on a team with a dominant big like Duncan...he also fights like hell for rebounds.

You know what's funny?

I'm not a Bonner fan in the slightest...I think he's a choker...a good hearted blue collar choker...but a choker nontheless...

However, I'd still take him over Scola any day of the week...because he's 10 times the physical player Scola is, and he's a team player that knows to keep his fucking mouth shut.

How come Manu and Oberto had no problem with the Spurs?

The Spurs are the NBA elite...you don't dictate the terms to them...you shut the fuck up, do what they ask, and hopefully that'll be good enough to justify the honor they gave you by drafting you and believing you could help their team...amd then after you prove yourself you can dictate...a little.

You don't whine like a 45 year old woman with menopause about what a victiim you are for being drafted...as if you you should somehow have different rules applied to you than every other basketball player in history.

whottt
07-14-2007, 06:32 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Tim probably doesn't even remember who the fuck he is by now. Plus, regular season games aren't shit, I think Scola's asshole will be just fine from playing against Tim during very minimal time in each game.

Duncan remembers...

You are talking about a dude that went to Sean Elliott's deathbed just to beat him at a video game he hadn't beaten him at before....

Duncan remembers...I guarantee it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 06:33 PM
:tu

whottt
07-14-2007, 06:40 PM
:lol @ the people that don't think the Spurs gave any thought to the fact that Duncan and Scola play the same position....before trading him to an interstate divisional rival.

It was thought of...you can count on that.

E20
07-14-2007, 06:49 PM
I think Scola is better than Bonner because in the games Scola played against Team USA he played good and Bonner wasn't even invited for Team USA and any PF or C on Team USA > Bonner

Kori Ellis
07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Whottt is in rare offseason form.

I particularly liked the part of the rant where they talked at Tony's wedding.

E20
07-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Whottt is in rare offseason form.

I particularly liked the part of the rant where they talked at Tony's wedding.
Yeah, that just shows how cold business is. Which is pretty cool. :lol

whottt
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I think Scola is better than Bonner because in the games Scola played against Team USA he played good and Bonner wasn't even invited for Team USA and any PF or C on Team USA > Bonner

If Bonner was an Argentine...he'd be on their National Team.

Bonner is a slower bigger unclutch version of Nocioni...which still leaves him as 10 times the player Scola is.

If Bonner was Argentine I'd rate them like this...

Manu
Nocioni
Oberto
Bonner
Evita
Pele
Scola

Team Argentina is bad ass because of their team play...not their individual play. Because they've got leaders like Manu and Oberto that keep primadonna cocksuckers like Scola in line.

SRJ
07-14-2007, 07:08 PM
The Spurs are the NBA elite...you don't dictate the terms to them...you shut the fuck up, do what they ask, and hopefully that'll be good enough to justify the honor they gave you by drafting you and believing you could help their team...amd then after you prove yourself you can dictate...a little.

Tony Parker. For years, Parker was getting the business end of Pop's whooping stick; now he's on top of the world. If you buy into the system, it will pay you back.

Well said, whottt.

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Whottt,

you're like the only person in the world that thinks Bonner > Scola. The only one.

Dude, it's not even an argument. The Spurs fucked this all up and they went with the Pop ASS KISSERS. Bottom line...

I can't find anyone that thinks Scola wasn't worth 10/3. If Bonner is worth 9/3, shit he might even be worth 15/3.

Scola continues to kill Team USA in head to head battles. He continues to dominate the Euro league. WTF? Rasho???? Did you mention Rasho? He whoes brings up Rasho in a take is already owned.

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Tony Parker. For years, Parker was getting the business end of Pop's whooping stick; now he's on top of the world. If you buy into the system, it will pay you back.

Well said, whottt.

Parker had just came into Puberty. Scola has won at the World Championship level, Olympic level and Euro level. Scola is going to be a solid role player for Houston. He already has big game experience. Bonner doesn't have shit.

barbacoataco
07-14-2007, 08:32 PM
I like Bonner, but to say that he is better than Scola is a little crazy. And I also don't think that Scola is the same as a college player. The Euroleague is good and Scola is widely considered THE BEST player over there.

whottt
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Sarunas Jackov was considered the best player over there too...and tore team USA up in the Olympics...he was flat out unbeatable over there, by anyone.

How you like him now?

Ditto Anthony Parker...

Peurto Rico kicked team USA's ass too.

Scola may be a better than the typical college player...but you couldn't find a GM in the NBA that would give up a top 10 player in this past draft for Scola.

And say what you want about Bonner...but he put up bigger numbers than Scola has ever had...while he was still diapers.

So did Rasho...and Rasho actually won a Euroleague title. Like Manu, and Jackov, and Anthony Parker...unlike Scola.

Manu is the f'n show here...not Scola. Manu's the bad ass. Fail to differentiate at your own peril.

A Euroleague MVP is proof of exactly Jack shit in the NBA.

Ask Jackov..and Anthony Parker...and all the other scrubs that won one and then didn't do shit in the NBA, which is like all of them...aside from Manu Ginobili.

whottt
07-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Here are the scoring leaders from the 2004 Olympics...

PLAYER COUNTRY G PPG
Pau Gasol Spain 7 22.4
Philip Jones New Zealand 6 21.0
Yao Ming China 7 20.7
Manu Ginobili Argentina 8 19.3
Larry Ayuso Puerto Rico 6 18.5
Carlos Arroyo Puerto Rico 7 18.0
Luis Scola Argentina 8 17.6
Shane Heal Australia 6 16.7
Arvydas Macijauskas Lithuania 8 15.9

Absolutely fucking classic.

kingmalaki
07-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Thought I would chime in here (Rockets fan). I think the Spurs still have to be the favorite to win next year as the championship core is intact. You guys don't have the type of team or coach that is satisfied with success. With that being said, I do feel like Phoenix and Houston have made key improvements while y'all have stood pat (so far, the free agent period is still young).

Grant Hill will be a nice addition for the Suns as long as he is healthy. They were close last year...I don't see how they adding Hill won't make them better.

The Mavs may not be bringing back the same squad. If they do, they were designed specifically for y'all and do match up well. I know they pulled the choke job last year but some teams just don't match up well with others.

Mike James should be a key difference maker for Houston simply because he has a reliable jumper. Alston is a career 38% shooter and he was killing us last year. We didn't have the real Bonzi at all last season either...so we basically had no scoring off the bench. Yao also missed a big chunk of the season. Yet we still had a top 5 record and barely lost to a WCF team. I'm not saying we are title ready but we should be better. We have basically replaced our two weakest starters and put them on the bench (Alston & Hayes).

whottt
07-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Stats from the 2002 WC's:

http://www.basket-stats.info/worldbasket/2002/teams/argentina.htm

Euroleague with Scola and Oberto on the same team:

http://www.basket-stats.info/euroleague/2000-2001/teams/tau.htm

http://www.basket-stats.info/euroleague/2001-2002/teams/tau.htm

What does Scola do better than Oberto?

He score like 2 points per game more than Oberto at his peak...and does everthing else worse.

Hell Oberto is like a 40% career FT shooter...if he could hit free throws he'd probably have outscored Scola as well.

Wow.

Nathan Explosion
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Why is Scola privileged to a big contract when even Gino wasn't? The Spurs told Gino, you know, the best player in Argentina, that he would get a minimal contract, and if he showed up, he'd get rewarded.

So Gino signs the 6 figure deal, eventually becomes a good asset to the team, signs the big contract and wins another title. The Spurs told Scola they'd do the same for him, but unlike Gino, the ultimate team player, Scola balked at it.

What I'm wondering is why Gino didn't tell Scola that he'd have to prove himself the way Gino did? Does Scola really think he's worth more than Gino off the bat, or was he just hoping to ride his coattails to a big contract?

Fact is, if Scola really want to come play here, he'd have gone the route of Gino, and he would have been rewarded.

He has no one to blame but himself for that one.

whottt
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Here are the scoring leaders from the 2004 Olympics...

PLAYER COUNTRY G PPG
Pau Gasol Spain 7 22.4
Philip Jones New Zealand 6 21.0
Yao Ming China 7 20.7
Manu Ginobili Argentina 8 19.3
Larry Ayuso Puerto Rico 6 18.5
Carlos Arroyo Puerto Rico 7 18.0
Luis Scola Argentina 8 17.6
Shane Heal Australia 6 16.7
Arvydas Macijauskas Lithuania 8 15.9

Absolutely fucking classic.

Gotdamn...Heal outscored every member of Team USA in the 04 Olympics...and this was after we cut him.....and unlike Scola...he wasn't playing with 11 better NBA players.

Man fuck all ya'll for hating on Heal...I bet he could have caught a ball 2 inches away from him against LA in 04.

whottt
07-14-2007, 09:25 PM
It's going to be cool when Bonner and Scola matchup this season...

Bonner is going to squash him...like a bug, and reign down threes on his ugly fucking head.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
:tu

whottt
07-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I justr checked some Euroleague stats...

Fucking 2 years ago Sabonis was the MVP...this is 60 year old Sabonis that actually died back in 2001.

Oh yeah...you know who ranked second in the Euroleagues in FG%?

Iah Mahinimi.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I didn't know Sabonis was dead.

whottt
07-14-2007, 09:48 PM
It's kind of funny how Sanikidze, Javtokas and Mahinimi all played pretty good 2 years ago then all sucked the first year they moved up a level...I'm telling you, they don't just start guys on talent in Europe, for a variety of reason...and among them is that they don't want these guys going to the NBA after they spend a lot of time on them. That'd be kind of stupid to do, you know?

Scola is different...Tau was probably showcasing this guy so they could get the huge buyout for him...they certainly haven't been holding him back. And would probably have appreciated him not choking in big games...

Scola was outrebounded by Splitter this year too...

Over-rated...not worth all this fuss...and I got serious doubt he's even better than Bonner. And I'm not a Bonner fan.

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Scola is better than all of the guys you have mentioned. Period. He has been labeled the #1 player not in the NBA.

That ain't by me.

You're wasting your time, arguing about the comparison of Shane Heal. :lol

No comment on that. :lmao

I can't believe you added that to your rant.

whottt
07-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Scola is better than all of the guys you have mentioned. Period. He has been labeled the #1 player not in the NBA.

Rasho's in the NBA...

So is Matt Bonner...

If they weren't...would Scola still be the best player not in the NBA?

Some guys transfer and some guys don't...Scola won't.

That ain't by me.

You're wasting your time, arguing about the comparison of Shane Heal. :lol

No comment on that. :lmao

I can't believe you added that to your rant.

Hedo...

SequSpur
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
:lmao

Rasho? :lol ROFLMFAO

Roxsfan
07-15-2007, 12:01 AM
It's going to be cool when Bonner and Scola matchup this season...

Bonner is going to squash him...like a bug, and reign down threes on his ugly fucking head.

Omg, Bonner is an uncoordinated DORK......please...wake up from your fantasy :dizzy He is a sideshow attraction .. he's not the future Robert Horry. He always looks lost and he's clumsy. The pine loves Matt though and there he will reside.

and now he is overpaid.

E20
07-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Matt Bonner has a pretty ugly J, it kind of works for me though.

Roxsfan
07-15-2007, 12:10 AM
I didn't know Sabonis was dead.

he's not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvydas_Sabonis

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 12:22 AM
he's not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvydas_Sabonis

Not much gets past ya.

mystargtr34
07-15-2007, 12:30 AM
My 2 bobs worth. Scola has the type of game that translates well to a Euroleague setting, a slow it down grind against similar size/speed defenders. Hes a one position player, too slow to rotate on to 3's and hes barely 6'9" in shoes with T-Rex arms so he wont be able to man up the Centre. He and Oberto are different players, Oberto can, and is willing to play off the ball and complements Duncan well - Scola on the other hand is only effective with the ball in his hands, how could he possibly fit in here. He and Yao will need to work out a bit of an understanding, they both like to post up on the block but they wont be able to make that formidabble hi lo combo at the 4-5.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Dealing Scola still makes no sense, unless it's counted in $.

mystargtr34
07-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Dealing Scola makes a lot of sense, just not to Houston

Roxsfan
07-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Not much gets past ya.

ok, so that was harsh.

:pctoss

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM
fuck off.

:toast

mystargtr34
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Jackie rubbing salt into the wound with 10 pts and 4 boards and blocking shots in spot minutes in his Rockets debut.

mystargtr34
07-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Reincarnation of Micheal Sweetney

sabar
07-15-2007, 12:55 AM
You could put the biggest anti-american in history on the Spurs...like Usama Bin Laden, Nbadan, or boutons...and I would still root for the team...Lies!

ALVAREZ6
07-15-2007, 02:26 AM
whottt's been a retard this past year.

3 years ago he was a solid poster.

spurscenter
07-15-2007, 02:51 AM
i really thought Bonner was out after his knee and the spurs dont bring back injured players ala Antonie Carr.

Bruno
07-15-2007, 05:46 AM
One year ago, I had mixed feelings about Scola.
After his chocking job in euroleague/acb and the fact that Spurs haven't hesitated to trade him to Houston, I'm even lower on him.

I think that Scola won't be a good nba player. He will be either servicable or an overpaid bust. I think too that Houston would have been better by spending their money on Joe Smith than on Scola.

Reasons why I think that Scola won't be a good nba players :
- Nothing special on the physical end : not big, athletic, quick or strong.
- Won't be able to score in the post like he did in europe against long and athletic nba players. When he was defended by a player with a nba body in europe or with argentina NT, he has struggled.
- Without his low post scoring, Scola is an average offensive player. His jumpshoot is quite inconsistant.
- Average rebounder (it won't be a big problem in Houston given that others players are great rebounders)
- Bad defender. Awful post defender and average at best perimeter defender.
- Don't step up for big games. I don't know if it's because he is a choker or he is a limited player but he has been bad or average during big games these last two years.
- Finding his place in nba. Scola was the star of his team in europe. Tau's team was built around him. Will he be able to be a nba role player and do the blue collar things? Even if it's not the more likely solution, I can see him doing like Spanoulis and wanting to go back in europe after one year. He has a diva attitude.

mystargtr34
07-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Fair assessment. My biggest worry always was his size/athleticism and his ability/willingness to fit into a team concept ie deferring to better players.

Wait and see

ShoogarBear
07-15-2007, 06:48 AM
:lol Goldamn, whottt is on fiyah.

ShoogarBear
07-15-2007, 06:49 AM
The best part of the trade with the Rockets is it'll make ArgScolaFan post less. The less of his clueless takes, the better. Now he'll just be an illiterate version of ploto bemoaning the loss of another soft post player that can't rebound.Can't wait until ArgRockheadsFan starts posting about how T-Mac and Yao are holding Scola's stats down.

inconvertible
07-15-2007, 07:51 AM
My 2 bobs worth. Scola has the type of game that translates well to a Euroleague setting, a slow it down grind against similar size/speed defenders. Hes a one position player, too slow to rotate on to 3's and hes barely 6'9" in shoes with T-Rex arms so he wont be able to man up the Centre. He and Oberto are different players, Oberto can, and is willing to play off the ball and complements Duncan well - Scola on the other hand is only effective with the ball in his hands, how could he possibly fit in here. He and Yao will need to work out a bit of an understanding, they both like to post up on the block but they wont be able to make that formidabble hi lo combo at the 4-5.

posting and controlling tempo=championships. now they have 2 guys that can pass from deep in the post.......to Tmac.....shit.

tmtcsc
07-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Parker had just came into Puberty. Scola has won at the World Championship level, Olympic level and Euro level. Scola is going to be a solid role player for Houston. He already has big game experience. Bonner doesn't have shit.

What has Scola won WITHOUT Manu and Fab on the roster ? I bet its a smaller list.

Mr. Body
07-17-2007, 12:43 AM
What has Scola won WITHOUT Manu and Fab on the roster ? I bet its a smaller list.

Euroleague MVP.

thousandth
07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Euroleague MVP.

But, his team didn't win Euroleague, and never his team won without Manu and Fab in Argieteam or without Fab in the Tau.
With Fabs like started the Tau won all championships. With Scola like started the Tau didn't win any title.

The question is:What has Championship Scola won WITHOUT Manu and Fab on the roster?Nothing!

Yeakes, yes! a KingSpain'sCup craps. :dizzy

Enough with Scola!!!Scola's a Houston Rockets player! damn.Oberto and Bonner are our guys. C'mon!

ArgSpursFan
07-17-2007, 09:15 AM
But, his team didn't win Euroleague, and never his team won without Manu and Fab in Argieteam or without Fab in the Tau.
With Fabs like started the Tau won all championships. With Scola like started the Tau didn't win any title.

The question is:What has Championship Scola won WITHOUT Manu and Fab on the roster?Nothing!

Yeakes, yes! a KingSpain'sCup craps. :dizzy

Enough with Scola!!!Scola's a Houston Rockets player! damn.Oberto and Bonner are ours guys. C'mon!
Scola seems to play better if Heīs not the main guy.That been said,Heīll contribute more to the Rockets that what He did for Tau the last couple of seasons.
He wont have no presure at all,so He can focus on get the right spots off the ball,or off the pick and roll.

Findog
07-17-2007, 09:23 AM

PG Rafer Alston
SF Shane Battier
PF Chuck Hayes

PG Mike James
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Shane Battier
PF Luis Scola
C Yao Ming

They had Mike James before, that guy sucks and is overrated. For his first year in the League, how much of an upgrade over Juwan is Scola going to be? Not to mention that as dominant as Yao can be on the offensive end, he is an atrocious defensive liability. And while they were a tough, very good defensive team under JVG, do you see that continuing under Mr. Offense Only? I'm not saying they're not better, but as is always the case with them, you have to hold your fingers that Yao and T-Mac are going to stay healthy, the role players will mesh, and I'm sorry, but their defense is definitely going to backslide this year. I think Morey is doing a good job, but everything they've done so far is just on paper.

Brooks is a rookie, Chuck Hayes sucks, Rafer Alston sucks, and Jackie Butler is an unproven project.

thousandth
07-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Reasons why I think that Scola won't be a good nba players :
- Nothing special on the physical end : not big, athletic, quick or strong.
- Won't be able to score in the post like he did in europe against long and athletic nba players. When he was defended by a player with a nba body in europe or with argentina NT, he has struggled.
- Without his low post scoring, Scola is an average offensive player. His jumpshoot is quite inconsistant.
- Average rebounder (it won't be a big problem in Houston given that others players are great rebounders)
- Bad defender. Awful post defender and average at best perimeter defender.
- Don't step up for big games. I don't know if it's because he is a choker or he is a limited player but he has been bad or average during big games these last two years.
- Finding his place in nba. Scola was the star of his team in europe. Tau's team was built around him. Will he be able to be a nba role player and do the blue collar things? Even if it's not the more likely solution, I can see him doing like Spanoulis and wanting to go back in europe after one year. He has a diva attitude.

To Bruno :toast

ginobili fan
07-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Fuck the Rockets are now the best teamin the dvision :pctoss

thousandth
07-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Fuck the Rockets are now the best teamin the dvision :pctoss

Are you smoke pot? The Spurs, Suns and Mavs are the best.

ginobili fan
07-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Are you smoke pot? The Spurs, Suns and Mavs are the best.

I

R

O

N

Y

AFBlue
07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
They had Mike James before, that guy sucks and is overrated. For his first year in the League, how much of an upgrade over Juwan is Scola going to be? Not to mention that as dominant as Yao can be on the offensive end, he is an atrocious defensive liability. And while they were a tough, very good defensive team under JVG, do you see that continuing under Mr. Offense Only? I'm not saying they're not better, but as is always the case with them, you have to hold your fingers that Yao and T-Mac are going to stay healthy, the role players will mesh, and I'm sorry, but their defense is definitely going to backslide this year. I think Morey is doing a good job, but everything they've done so far is just on paper.

Brooks is a rookie, Chuck Hayes sucks, Rafer Alston sucks, and Jackie Butler is an unproven project.

Read the bottom line that you qouted me from. It says they're definitely deeper and potentially better.

I understand that the team with new pieces has to gell, and I understand that some of the acquisitions may not work out as planned. But, by getting added depth at each position the Rockets FO can figure out who makes the team better and then sell off the rest of those pieces to make up for other shortcomings.

For example, lets say Luther Head is the odd man out of the guard rotation and the Rockets have learned that they still can't count on Wells being good....so they flip Head for a G/F type.

Bottom Line: There is still a possibility that the Rockets do not improve in spite of their recent acquisitions....but they've reduced that possibility by addressing needs and adding depth at virtually every position.

They're putting themselves in a better spot to compete for a title, and they didn't break the bank to do it.

thousandth
07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
I

R

O

N

Y

Sorry, bro.

S

O

R

R

Y,

B

R

O

ginobili fan
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry, bro.

S

O

R

R

Y,

B

R

O

:lmao Spurs fans are killing me

ArgSpursFan
07-17-2007, 09:43 AM
. Scola was the star of his team in europe. Tau's team was built around him. Will he be able to be a nba role player and do the blue collar things? Even if it's not the more likely solution, I can see him doing like Spanoulis and wanting to go back in europe after one year. He has a diva attitude.
:lmao @ Bruno.
Scola always played better in the Arg.National team tham in Tau,reason why is that in the Argentinian National team he isnīt the main guy,we have Manu and Chapu as 1st two options.
In Houston itīll be about the same,no pressure on him to score on every possesion,He can work and find open spots off the block and picks and rolls.
In other words,He can be way more productive in Houston tham what he was in Tau.

hater
07-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Not really...

Grant Hill is finished, he has been for a loooong time.

and Scola will take a while to produce, very small tiny chance that he will be dominant at all, he wille be decent though.

and Butler???? gimme a break :rolleyes

hater
07-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I do beleive Scola would be our 4th best player if he had come to Spurs. and we would have big 4 not big 3.

but oh well. time to stop crying and get over it Spur fans.

thousandth
07-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Scola always played better in the Arg.National team tham in Tau,reason why is that in the Argentinian National team he isnīt the main guy,we have Manu and Chapu as 1st two options.
In Houston itīll be about the same,no pressure on him to score on every possesion,He can work and find open spots off the block and picks and rolls.
In other words,He can be way more productive in Houston tham what he was in Tau.

:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep
I'm tired of your Scola post :lol ...Are you the Scola's freaking manager?

ArgSpursFan
07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep
I'm tired of your Scola post :lol ...Are you the Scola's freaking manager?

Nope,I just donīt think that Scola is such a bust like many blind homers are trying to make him look like.
The fact that the guy got traded and will make the Rockets better donīt mean that everybody should trash him now.Get over it,and for once think that our F.O fucked up....................................AGAIN

AFBlue
07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Grant Hill is finished, he has been for a loooong time.

and Scola will take a while to produce, very small tiny chance that he will be dominant at all, he wille be decent though.

and Butler???? gimme a break :rolleyes

Funny....

"Done" players don't usually average 30MPG and have stat lines like 14.4PPG on 51% from the field, 3.9RPG, and 2.1APG.

And Scola doesn't have to be dominant...he's not the superstar on this team. He needs to provide scoring and toughness.

On Butler:

He may very well sit the bench much like he did with the Spurs this year and get let go at the end of the year....

BUT, I could also see a scenario where a big goes down with an injury or they decide to go with him ahead of a 42yr old Mutumbo after a strong training camp.

Why people scoff at a 22yr old F/C with good size, good BBIQ, and a knack for scoring is beyond me.

The bottom line on Butler is that he's no longer a Spur because he was in Pop's doghouse and he was owed more than the Spurs were willing to double in lux tax.

Just because he didn't work for the Spurs doesn't mean he is a piece of crap and it certainly doesn't mean he'll be a failure everywhere he goes.

He is talented and he will prove it before all is said and done...

Bruno
07-17-2007, 10:15 AM

:lmao @ your :lmao

1) You don't know your NT team, it's kinda sad. Scola in the argentinian NT isn't the third option behind Nocioni and Ginobili. They are about at the same level but if I had to rank them it woudl be : 1)Manu, 2)Scola and 3) Nocioni.

2) Scola being better in Argentinain NT than in Tau is far from sure.

3) Scola situation will be different in Houston because he won't be the first low post option and because he will have way less shoot available than in Tau or with the NT.

ArgSpursFan
07-17-2007, 10:21 AM
:lmao @ your :lmao

1) You don't know your NT team, it's kinda sad. Scola in the argentinian NT isn't the third option behind Nocioni and Ginobili. They are about at the same level but if I had to rank them it woudl be : 1)Manu, 2)Scola and 3) Nocioni.

2) Scola being better in Argentinain NT than in Tau is far from sure.

3) Scola situation will be different in Houston because he won't be the first low post option and because he will have way less shoot available than in Tau or with the NT.
I do know my Nat team,and if manu is in that team,them He takes the pressure off the rest of the guys(and that includes Scola).that didnīt happen in Tau.That been said..
Scola with no pressure>Scola with all the pressure.
Sorry,but keep trying.

tmtcsc
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I do beleive Scola would be our 4th best player if he had come to Spurs. and we would have big 4 not big 3.

but oh well. time to stop crying and get over it Spur fans.

Bruce Bowen just called. He said "huh ?" to your Top 4 comment.

wildbill2u
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
You should read the whole history of that year. Yeah, they were losing. Having the team go bankrupt, and half the players quit will do that. Bonner wasn't one of the quitters. They figured out that he got salmonella because his electricity got shut off and he couldn't properly wash his dishes. He had eviction notices multiple times. He wasn't getting paid, so he couldn't pay his bills. He still never quit.

That doggedness, plus his overall smarts are why I want him on this team. Unlike JBut, he recognizes that his time isn't now, but is willing to wait. In 08-09, he'll be a rotation player.
I think Bonner will earn some meaningful playing time this coming season. Remember he lost a bunch of time in midseason due to injury. But the Spurs like his energy and 3pt shot.

Like many good shooters, he never had to play tough defense coming up through high school and college, but I believe he's such a willing worker that he'll develop defensive skills that Pop requires. They didn't give him that contract for nothing.

worm9110
07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
I am really glad the Spurs resigned Oberto and Vaughn....but Bonner! Ugh! I think they paid way to much for this guy! Come on....I think Bonner and Beno need to go and then we can fill out our roster with more competitive athletic players. Mikki Moore was out there...I would have loved to see him in the black and silver. Now he has signed to the Kings. We need another strong power forward! As far as Scola goes...yeah the trade was messed up...we kinda got the short end of the stick...but I still have hope that the Spurs will make a couple of key moves before next season.

FABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dartherus
07-17-2007, 02:41 PM

playing for crappy euro teams is not the same as making stats in top Euroleague teams, the amount of talent difference between a Euroleague Final Four team and a team not even making to the Top16 Euroleague is huge...perhaps bigger than the difference between the Spurs and Hawks...

Would you evaluate the stats gotten in the Spurs and the Hawks as if they'd have the same validity?

Adn take Oberto, for instance, he did worse stats than those of Bonner did in his euro team, and tell me if Oberto isn't far better...well, Scola had better stats than Oberto, and IN A FINAL FOUR Euroleague team...now you see the diference?

Now that I check, Matt bonner's italian team not even got into the Euroleague, worse they could think in Top16 ...it was a crappy within the italian league, and you want to compare making stats in such team as making them in a top euro team?

FYI, Scola played once in a team like that, the team was named Cabitel Gijon, and he made huge stats there, and he was 19!!!

He played there as a loan from Tau to Gijon, because he was too young and needed to get used to Spanish first division. BTW, Scola saved the team from losing memebership in ACB, after Scola left, Gijon lost the category the next season. I hope that gives you a hint about the difference between a top team and a crappy team.

ArgSpursFan
07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
playing for crappy euro teams is not the same as making stats in top Euroleague teams, the amount of talent difference between a Euroleague Final Four team and a team not even making to the Top16 Euroleague is huge...perhaps bigger than the difference between the Spurs and Hawks...

Would you evaluate the stats gotten in the Spurs and the Hawks as if they'd have the same validity?

Adn take Oberto, for instance, he did worse stats than those of Bonner did in his euro team, and tell me if Oberto isn't far better...well, Scola had better stats than Oberto, and IN A FINAL FOUR Euroleague team...now you see the diference?

Now that I check, Matt bonner's italian team not even got into the Euroleague, worse they could think in Top16 ...it was a crappy within the italian league, and you want to compare making stats in such team as making them in a top euro team?

FYI, Scola played once in a team like that, the team was named Cabitel Gijon, and he made huge stats there, and he was 19!!!

He played there as a loan from Tau to Gijon, because he was too young and needed to get used to Spanish first division. BTW, Scola saved the team from losing memebership in ACB, after Scola left, Gijon lost the category the next season. I hope that gives you a hint about the difference between a top team and a crappy team.
Blind Homers just wont give Scola no credit for what he has done just because He didnt play for the spurs and unfortunely never will.

Roxsfan
07-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Blind Homers just wont give Scola no credit for what he has done just because He didnt play for the spurs and unfortunely never will.

true dat, true dat :smokin

mystargtr34
07-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Im still skeptical about what he can do. Hes was great in Europe, but im not sure how much his lack of length and athletisicm is going to hinder him.

mystargtr34
07-18-2007, 01:39 AM

I was actually unaware he played in Europe for a year, which team? Which year?

Bruno
07-18-2007, 02:50 AM
I was actually unaware he played in Europe for a year, which team? Which year?

After signing with Sicilia of the Italian league based in Messina, Sicily, 2003 proved to be a harrowing year for Bonner. Bonner survived a 104.5 degree Fahrenheit fever brought on by a bout of salmonella (treated by the team dentist) most likely caused by a lack of running hot water in his apartment. Sicilia had filed for bankruptcy in the middle of the season and had stopped paying its players. Bonner's heat and electricity were shut off and he was given two eviction notices. Despite half the team leaving, Bonner stuck it out and finished the year averaging 19.2 points and 9.3 rebounds.

Dartherus is right, you can't really compare Bonner's stats and Scola's stats in europe. Bonner team was really bad and finished the season last of his championship with a 6-28 record.

Scola was one of the best player in europe of these past 5 years.

mystargtr34
07-18-2007, 03:28 AM
lol wow what a character

ArgSpursFan
07-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Im still skeptical about what he can do. Hes was great in Europe, but im not sure how much his lack of length and athletisicm is going to hinder him.

Iīve seen many 6.8s and 6.9s guys do real good in the low post in the NBA.Malik Rose is one of them.

Kori Ellis
07-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Spurs officially re-signed Fabricio ... No new news or anything, so I figured I'd just post it here in this thread.

-------------

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have re-signed center Fabricio Oberto. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.

The 6-10, 245-lb Oberto appeared in 79 games -making 33 starts- during the 2006-07 season. He averaged 4.4 points and 4.7 rebounds in 17.3 minutes on .562 (158-281) shooting. Oberto set a Spurs franchise record by hitting 11-of-11 field goal attempts en route to a career-high 22 points vs. Phoenix on 11/8/06. The native of Argentina saw action in all 20 playoff games, averaging 5.6 points and 4.9 assists in 20.8 minutes per game while shooting .625 (50-80) from the field. His best playoff series came against Utah in the Western Conference Finals where he averaged 10.2 points and 7.8 rebounds on .700 (21-30) shooting. Oberto also set playoff scoring highs with 14 points on 5/20 and 5/22 vs. Utah.

Oberto was originally signed by the Spurs on 8/2/05. In 138 career NBA games he has averaged 3.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 13.4 minutes.

http://nba.com