PDA

View Full Version : Udrih to the Kings

some_user86
11-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Shakur waived to make room for Udrih
----

Point guard Mustafa Shakur was waived on Wednesday by the Kings.
The move was made so that the Kings can hopefully bring in Beno Udrih, who was recently traded to the Timberwolves and then released. Udrih could never win the favor of Gregg Popovich in San Antonio, but that doesn't mean that he can't be a decent fill-in for the Kings while Mike Bibby is out. Nov. 1 - 1:08 pm et

LINK: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1433&line=85871&spln=1

=========================

Point guard help on the way
----

The folks in Sacramento know that Mustafa Shakur was waived, but not anywhere else.

Per the routine rigors of producing a daily newspaper, a note was omitted from the online version of Kings notes that reported the late waiving of Mustafa Shakur after the Kings' loss to New Orleans on Wednesday night. The rookie point guard out of Arizona was waived, it turns out, to make way for free agent point guard Beno Udrih. Udrih is the best of the options available and feasible, with John Lucas III and Keith McLeod being considered after the likes of Gary Payton and Earl Boykins were either bypassed or uninterested. David Wesley became available, but his health is a major concern, and it's been months since a Bobby Jackson reunion was a possibility.

Word is that Udrih - a free agent from Slovenia who played his first three seasons in San Antonio - is headed Sacramento's way. His agent, Marc Cornstein, wouldn't confirm it but certainly seemed encouraged.
"I think Sacramento would provide an excellent opportunity and I know they've always expressed interest in Beno," Cornstein said. - Sam Amick

LINK: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/008845.html

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Suckers!!!!!

some_user86
11-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Oops... Didn't see that this old thread already talks about it...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80515&page=3

dougp
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Would be awesome if he could be signed by them and play for them when they play us ... ah that'd be great, maybe he can show us what a baller he is?

CubanMustGo
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I guarantee you we'll throw all kinds of pressure at the little shit.

Real Tomato Ketchup
11-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe he can get his ring tomorrow night?

timvp
11-01-2007, 02:47 PM
As I said in the other thread, this is the perfect opportunity for Beno. He should be able to move into the starting lineup before long. Orien Greene started at point guard in the Kings' first game and played poorly.

It'll be interesting to see if Beno can take advantage of this situation or if it's his final stop in the NBA.

703 Spurz
11-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I guarantee you we'll throw all kinds of pressure at the little shit.

Let's hope he doesn't drop 50 on us :lol

King
11-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Does it ever say where the point guard help comes from?

dougp
11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
We should have a Washington vs. Udrih show down ... 45 minutes for each player, no exceptions.

duncan228
11-01-2007, 02:51 PM
As I said in the other thread, this is the perfect opportunity for Beno. He should be able to move into the starting lineup before long. Orien Greene started at point guard in the Kings' first game and played poorly.

It'll be interesting to see if Beno can take advantage of this situation or if it's his final stop in the NBA.

I thought you were right on when you said it.
It would seem to be a good place for Beno to show us that his problem here was not fitting in under Pop's system. Having talent but not the work ethic needed to back it up.

I really hope he can make it with the Kings.
If not, I agree with you again.
It will be his last chance in the NBA.

thispego
good, i wanted to see him get big minutes somewhere else, just so i can be reminded how shitty he was on the court. i forgot a long time ago.

atxrocker
fuck this move

timvp
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm guessing that Beno's finger will be magically healed. But I do hope he plays against the Spurs on Friday.

Washington plays good pressure defense :hungry:

timvp
11-01-2007, 02:53 PM
fuck this moveThis does seem like cruel and unusual punishment for King Fan.

xamila rey
11-01-2007, 02:57 PM
good luck Beno,
hope u learned the lesson
and this time u take it seriously
(if that was the case why he was traded).

I read a new article of Manu, and he says the traded was good for beno
because would allow him to go to other team where he will play more minutes.

ducks
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
for the beno homers this is your big break you better hope he proves the spurs wrong if not the beno haters will be in full force

ducks
11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Let's hope he doesn't drop 50 on us :lol
50 donuts?

CubanMustGo
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/466215.html

Kings sign free-agent point guard Udrih
By Sam Amick - [email protected]

Last Updated 12:47 pm PDT Thursday, November 1, 2007

NEW ORLEANS -- The Kings signed Beno Udrih on Thursday, a fourth-year point guard who is much-needed in light of the absence of Mike Bibby.

Udrih, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound Slovenian player who was drafted 28th overall in 2004 by San Antonio, was traded by the Spurs to Minnesota last month and waived by the Timberwolves on Oct. 27. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said he signed a one-year contract and the Kings were only able to offer the minimum salary because they are over the salary cap ($826,046).

"This is just a fantastic opportunity for Beno," Cornstein said. "It's a positional need for the Kings, they have expressed interest in him in the past, and we are just really excited it was able to work out (no doubt, that's $82K you never expected to see Cornstein). It's really just a fantastic opportunity for Beno."

Udrih is expected to join the team either Thursday night in San Antonio or Friday, but he Cornstein said he wouldn't be able to play for at least week as he broke a finger on his shooting hand in Spurs training camp. He played his first three seasons in San Antonio, serving at times as a backup to Tony Parker and at other times getting little time behind Nick Van Exel or Jacques Vaughn.

"We're excited about adding Beno to our roster," said Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie in a statement released by the team. "He's a talented player we've had an interest in for some time, a true point guard who can't bring the ball upcourt, oops, who brings experience to our team going forward."

Bibby is out after having surgery on a torn ligament in his left thumb, and is expected to miss at least 10 weeks.

Spurminator
11-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Is there any reason Sacramento wouldn't have tried to just acquire him directly from the Spurs? Were they unwilling to part with a top-56 protected 2nd round pick?

Spurs Brazil
11-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Kings sign free-agent point guard Udrih
Last Updated 12:47 pm PDT Thursday, November 1, 2007

NEW ORLEANS -- The Kings signed Beno Udrih on Thursday, a fourth-year point guard who is much-needed in light of the absence of Mike Bibby.

Udrih, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound Slovenian player who was drafted 28th overall in 2004 by San Antonio, was traded by the Spurs to Minnesota last month and waived by the Timberwolves on Oct. 27. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said he signed a one-year contract and the Kings were only able to offer the minimum salary because they are over the salary cap ($826,046).

"This is just a fantastic opportunity for Beno," Cornstein said. "It's a positional need for the Kings, they have expressed interest in him in the past, and we are just really excited it was able to work out. It's really just a fantastic opportunity for Beno."

Udrih is expected to join the team either Thursday night in San Antonio or Friday, but he Cornstein said he wouldn't be able to play for at least week as he broke a finger on his shooting hand in Spurs training camp. He played his first three seasons in San Antonio, serving at times as a backup to Tony Parker and at other times getting little time behind Nick Van Exel or Jacques Vaughn.

"We're excited about adding Beno to our roster," said Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie in a statement released by the team. "He's a talented player we've had an interest in for some time, a true point guard who brings experience to our team going forward."

Bibby is out after having surgery on a torn ligament in his left thumb, and is expected to miss at least 10 weeks.

ata
11-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Sacto would have to pay Beno's salary (1,75 Mio$), now they will pay 826.000 $, makes sense, doesn't it?

bdictjames
11-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Kings gonna be blown out. Duncan will get 26 and 15.

I wish Beno the best in Sac-town though.

ata
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/466215.html

.......... His agent, Marc Cornstein, said he signed a one-year contract and the Kings were only able to offer the minimum salary because they are over the salary cap ($826,046).

"This is just a fantastic opportunity for Beno," Cornstein said. "It's a positional need for the Kings, they have expressed interest in him in the past, and we are just really excited it was able to work out (no doubt, that's $82K you never expected to see Cornstein). It's really just a fantastic opportunity for Beno."

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

BTW: 10% only?

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
That's bad news for the Spurs. After his time practicing with the Spurs he'll be able to give the Kings pointers on how to defend Parker, like not assigning Beno to guard him.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Kings gonna be blown out. Duncan will get 26 and 15.

I wish Beno the best in Sac-town though.

I do too, except when they play the Spurs. I'm still ticked at him for developing his loser mentality. Maybe with a 2nd chance he'll revive his NBA career.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Sacto would have to pay Beno's salary (1,75 Mio$), now they will pay 826.000 $, makes sense, doesn't it?

I think that he will get the 1.75M from Minnesota (that the Spurs paid them), plus the $826,046 from the Kings.

Unless the Kings picked him up off waivers?

ata
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Exactly, that is why Sacto didn't pick him directly from Spurs as Spurminator asked.

What does it means "picking off waivers"?

spurster
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok, what team will Beno be on next week?

Spurminator
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
It's probably a salary cap thing... Even if the Spurs paid Sacramento for the $1.75M salary, it would still count against the cap (right?), so Sacramento couldn't fit him in. They do have room under the cap for $800K, though.

This may have been the plan all along...

T Park
11-01-2007, 03:51 PM
dudes gonna get paid 2.5 million for being a shitty ball player.

Good god.

MoSpur
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I wish him the best. Wish he would be available to play Friday to see how that would turn out, but I guess his finger is still injured.

2centsworth
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Beno has got it made.

Mr. Body
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Are people missing how Beno played a part in torpedoing both Marcus Williams's and Mustafa Shakur's NBA dreams, teammates last year for Arizona?

Solid D
I'm guessing that Beno's finger will be magically healed. But I do hope he plays against the Spurs on Friday.

:lol

Washington plays good pressure defense :hungry:

He plays good pressure defense when he hasn't overrun the guy. He's so amped right now. He is torqued one or two notches too far and he's struggling, fighting through the screens and then running past his man a step too far.

He'll learn.

kingsfan
What did we do to deserve this? :pctoss It's the damn Indian burial ground curse again :bang

Bruno
11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
It's quite surprising that Kings sign Beno while he is still out for one week. They must be quite high on him. I will too be curious to see if his contract is guaranteed or not.

Bruno
11-01-2007, 04:19 PM
It's probably a salary cap thing... Even if the Spurs paid Sacramento for the $1.75M salary, it would still count against the cap (right?), so Sacramento couldn't fit him in. They do have room under the cap for $800K, though.

It's a cap thing. Kings needed a $1.75M trade exception to get him via trade. They didn't have this trade exception so they couldn't get him via trade.

fyatuk
11-01-2007, 04:26 PM

Sac's over the cap. They would have had to send equal value to SA for him. Minnesota could take him without having to send something back (hence why the Spurs paid Minny to dump Beno).

You can always sign players for minimum contracts, even if over the cap, so that didn't interfere with signing Beno for the minimum.

bdictjames
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I do too, except when they play the Spurs. I'm still ticked at him for developing his loser mentality. Maybe with a 2nd chance he'll revive his NBA career.
That's what Pop does, he gives some pressure to people and see if they're cut enough to be in his system. Pop has some weird ways to find out about a player.

We'll see more assists from Beno now on. With Bibby out, he'll obviously be a great fantasy player getting some stats.

50 cent
11-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Holy crap.....i've been so busy I didn't even realize that Beno was gone.

Halleleuia!

bigfan
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Dont understand the hate against Beno. Granted he wasnt all that good but he had his moments. I think he just got to the team at the wrong time and maybe Vaughn out hustled him. I do think the guy has learned a valuable lesson about putting forth the effort when given an opportunity and I hope he does well for the Kings.

duncan228
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Dont understand the hate against Beno. Granted he wasnt all that good but he had his moments. I think he just got to the team at the wrong time and maybe Vaughn out hustled him. I do think the guy has learned a valuable lesson about putting forth the effort when given an opportunity and I hope he does well for the Kings.

Vaughn wasn't here when Beno disappeared in the '05 playoffs/Finals.

Darkwaters
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm watching the Kings/Hornets game from last night. Orien Greene started at PG...and he sucks. Udrih should actually be an improvement.

Apparently Melvin Ely played last night for the Hornets. I'll have to report how he did.

CuckingFunt
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Nothing like picking up a guy with an injured hand to fill in for a guy with an injured hand.

We're awesome.

ploto
11-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Any chance he ends up on Sacramento by tomorrow? :toast
See I do know something...

Darkwaters
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Nothing like picking up a guy with an injured hand to fill in for a guy with an injured hand.

We're awesome.

I just saw the part where Quincy Douby ran into Tyson Chandler's screen and hit the deck hard. I was laughing at first, but felt bad for the guy. I was thinking, I doubt hes injured, but if he is then I guess Beno will get a new team.

T Park
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Dont understand the hate against Beno.

You havent paid much attention to the Spurs since 05 have you..

worm9110
11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I am soooo happy we got rid of beno and I know alot of fans are too....its all about Washington!!!! I really like this kid!

loveforthegame
11-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I watch a lot of Kings games because I'm not far from Sacramento. I watch them for the other teams but this sucks I'll have to put up with Udrih now.

WalterBenitez
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Good luck Beno, You will need it to prove you are a good acquisition !!!

angel_luv
11-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm so glad for Beno!!!!!!!!

I hope this is a great fresh start for him. :)

Fillmoe
11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
beno poooooooooooodrih... LOLLLLLL... should have kept shakur

weebo
11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I could care less about beno and his shitty new team.

Russ
11-01-2007, 07:56 PM

:smokin
Hopefully, Sacto fans will be more rational. (Downtrodden as they are.)

Joe Schmoogins
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM

I also wish him the best.

Dro210
11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I hope Beno does good in Sacto... but only so I can pick him up on my fantasy team since some asshole already picked up Salmons.

itzsoweezee
11-01-2007, 08:34 PM
the kings aren't seeing the playoffs this year.

bigfan
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
You havent paid much attention to the Spurs since 05 have you..

No offense but blow it out your ass sonny, Ive been a Spurs fan since the ABA days.

ducks
11-01-2007, 09:49 PM

I hope you are not grmpy now

angel_luv
11-01-2007, 09:54 PM
I hope you are not grmpy now

:lol

I actually was grumpy about other things.

But I am happy to report that everything, Beno and otherwise, is much better.

:)

ducks
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
cool

cherylsteele
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
50 donuts?
50 turnovers?

ShoogarBear
11-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Let's hope he doesn't drop 50 on us :lolMan, there would be some hellacious quotes in the Slovenian papers if that happened.

ShoogarBear
11-02-2007, 12:28 AM
What's the Mexican food like in Sactown?

T Park
11-02-2007, 12:29 AM
No offense but blow it out your ass sonny, Ive been a Spurs fan since the ABA days

You sure haven't paid much attention then to Beno's days with the Spurs then.

Gramps.

What's the Mexican food like in Sactown?

Theres an On The Border about 10 miles from the arena on Truxel Road.

Darkwaters
11-02-2007, 01:00 AM
As much as I despise Beno as a Spur, I'm glad he got a second chance. He obviously has some talent and deserves to be in this league, he simply wasn't mentally tough enough to stick on a championship caliber team such as this. Hopefully he takes advantage of this situation, because it's about as picture perfect as he could have hoped for.

RADECK
11-02-2007, 04:41 AM
This is great for Beno! I hope he learned lesson and now work hard :ihit

wish him all best on court, and no night life!

:reading :reading

Ocotillo
11-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Hope the guy gets it and works himself into being an NBA player.

Get used to cowbells Beno.

Kobayagi
11-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Cali sounds like a perfect place for a guy like Beno. He can hook up with Laker Vujacic and they can party together. That's what NBA is all about for those guys anyway.

Dario
11-02-2007, 07:40 AM
I don't get it, is he that lucky or he isn't that stupid afterall. Like i said before, he gets mad props from me for getting so far with no brains. He gets paid a cool million more for being injured at the right time. Luck? I don't think so anymore. He is mastermind :D

CubanMustGo
11-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Per WOAI Beno gets his ring tonight. That is going to be awkward.

SenorSpur
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
One team's trash is another team's trash - in this case.

Pero
11-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Maybe not, isn`t it his contract year?
I hope he turns it around, improves his work ethic and has a good season.
Maybe having Artest as a teammate will have a positive effect on him. :lol

thothmela
11-02-2007, 11:08 AM
does the douche play?

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I can see it now. "Sweet! Let me try it on. OUCH! Uh, Reggie, I think I broke my ring finger. Yeah, this hurts a lot. No, I don't need to see the trainer. Trust me, I know my body, this is at least an 8 weeker. If anyone needs me I'll be at Taco Bell."

Mitch Cumsteen
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
What's the Mexican girls like in Sactown?FIFY

sendman
11-02-2007, 12:01 PM
dudes gonna get paid 2.5 million for being a shitty ball player.

Good god.

That is not fair at all.

For example, you are shitty at everything (basketball included) and you don't get paid shit.
:greedy :greedy :greedy

phxspurfan
11-02-2007, 12:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3090616

Kings sign Udrih to fill in for injured Bibby
Associated Press

Updated: November 1, 2007, 9:35 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print

Udrih

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Guard Beno Udrih signed with the Sacramento Kings on Thursday, potentially filling a hole in the club's lineup while Mike Bibby is out with a thumb injury.

Udrih, who won two NBA championship rings with the San Antonio Spurs, was waived Monday by the Minnesota Timberwolves after they acquired him in a trade with San Antonio earlier in the day.

The Spurs got rid of the backup point guard, who spent three years with the club, after he lost his job to Jacque Vaughn during last season's run to the title. The Slovenian guard also broke his left index finger during training camp last month.

But the Kings need Udrih, who might become their starting point guard while Bibby heals his injured right thumb, which could keep him out for two more months.

The only other point guard on the Kings' roster was newcomer Orien Greene. The Kings waived guard Mustafa Shakur on Wednesday night, creating a spot on their 15-man roster.

Udrih appeared in 207 regular-season games in San Antonio, averaging 5.2 points and 1.8 assists. He was chosen by the Spurs with the 28th overall pick in 2004.

The Kings, who lost their season opener at New Orleans on Wednesday, visit San Antonio on Friday night.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

phxspurfan
11-02-2007, 12:04 PM
wow weak! I'm alwasy too late with these news threads. Sorry :|

phxspurfan
11-02-2007, 12:11 PM
wow, Mustafa Shakur was an idiot to leave Arizona early. In this draft, the talent was far too deep for him to get a shot playing in the NBA. He should have finished his degree and played one more year with Budinger...

wildbill2u
11-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I hope the Spurs crowd shows their usual class and doesn't boo him when he gets his ring. No points for being rude.

biba
11-02-2007, 03:34 PM
"The cavalry is coming" said coach Reggie Theus about Beno signing.
:lmao

It won't get any easier for Kings

Last Updated 6:17 am PDT Friday, November 2, 2007
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/467704.html

SAN ANTONIO – "The cavalry is coming." Kings coach Reggie Theus said it as if Kobe Bryant himself was headed to Sacramento, or at least Joakim Noah.

Alas, the Kings' only addition a day after their blowout loss at New Orleans in the regular season opener was that of Beno Udrih.

The fourth-year point guard was signed to a one-year contract for the league minimum ($826,046) in emergency fashion, with Mike Bibby out for at least 10 weeks after having thumb surgery Sunday. The Kings' opener showed the desperate state of affairs in a 104-90 loss at New Orleans in which they trailed by as many as 26 points.

While the acquisition of other horses will be left for another day, the recent developments underscored how quickly the Kings' season has transitioned from one of optimism to one of possible instant rebuilding. In the wake of reports regarding a three-team deal among the Kings, Lakers and Chicago that would have sent Bryant to the Bulls and Ron Artest to the Lakers, two sources close to the Kings confirmed there had been recent trade talks with the Bulls.

And while the pieces discussed remain unclear, this much is known. The Kings tried mightily to move up in the June draft to acquire Noah out of Florida and, both then and now, are looking to upgrade their frontcourt. What's more, the inclusion of free agent P.J. Brown's name in the various rumors (as a possible sign-and-trade piece) surprised few as the Kings have looked his way before.

Lastly, there would likely be a request for draft picks from the Kings as they continue to try and build with youth.

That point was proven again Thursday, when Theus said he was "debating" changes to his starting lineup and rotation and instantly lauded praise on a rookie.

Just weeks ago, undrafted center Darryl Watkins was thrilled his hoops career didn't end at Syracuse. He had a quiet but solid training camp and saw some preseason minutes, but has recently emerged as a contributor.

His opportunity began with the absence of Justin Williams, the second-year big man who remains on a leave of absence as the Sacramento police investigate him on a sexual misconduct case. In 10 minutes against the Hornets, Watkins had four rebounds.

"He, right now, has the best post presence that we have," Theus said. "Shareef (Abdur-Rahim), who has good presence, just has bad wheels. (Watkins' emergence) goes back about a week ago.

"It's an extension of energy, (and) I've got to find somebody who can rebound. (Hornets point guard) Chris Paul got eight rebounds, and we got five rebounds between the two guys (Kevin Martin and John Salmons) who played the most minutes (Wednesday)."

Officially, Theus has proven what he's been preaching all preseason, that status or pay will have no bearing on playing time.

"I'm sticking to my guns," he said. "I'm not interested in who you are, I'm interested in results. If Darryl is going to have the energy, then I'm going to have to extend his minutes. That's all."

Udrih is expected to have joined the Kings by today, but he will not play against the Spurs tonight and won't likely be ready for at least a week due to a finger injury. He may, however, be given the championship ring he won with San Antonio last season.

He was drafted 28th overall in 2004 (two spots behind Martin, the Kings shooting guard), and played his first three seasons with the Spurs while winning two titles. He was traded to Minnesota on Oct. 27, then waived soon thereafter before being signed as a free agent.

At times in San Antonio, he was the dependable backup to Tony Parker, yet he spent other times being surpassed by Nick Van Exel or Jacques Vaughn.

For his career, the Slovenian averaged 13 minutes, 5.2 points and 1.8 assists. He won't, however, be able to offer immediate assistance, as Udrih broke a finger on his shooting hand in Spurs training camp and, according to his agent, has at least a week of recovery remaining.

"Beno's the kind of player who's a pure point guard," his agent, Marc Cornstein said. "I think he'll make a lot of the talented young wings in Sacramento like Kevin and Francisco (García) and John (Salmons) better as well, and getting them the ball when they need it."

angel_luv
11-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I can't wait to see Beno today! :clap

Too bad he is not playing. :(

And if I hear anyone boo him :monkey

We're going to kick his team's tail of course, but it will be great to have Beno in the building. :)

ploto
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Most Spurs fans do not hate Beno like in here, and they usually only boo the players who leave of their own choice.

angel_luv
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
We're going to kick his team's tail of course, but it will be great to have Beno in the building. :)

Called it!

Was right on both counts. :)

T Park
11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
For example, you are shitty at everything (basketball included) and you don't get paid shit

I am not shitty at everything, and I get paid quite well thank you :)

sendman
11-03-2007, 03:39 AM
I am not shitty at everything, and I get paid quite well thank you :)
So, why are you bitter then?

Kobayagi
11-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Was Beno booed?

Slomo
11-03-2007, 06:01 AM
According to the other thread he wasn't.

If I would have been there I wouldn't have booed either. He has received a championship ring for not doing much, but he's not the first to do so. <shrug>

The reason for my anger with him is that he didn't take advantage of the opportunity that was presented to him and that apparently he's too stupid to realize it was his to take - but other than that I'm OK with him as long as he's not on my team anymore.

I hope he shines in Sactown and proves me wrong, because I want Slovene athletes to do well, but in his case I'm not going to lose any sleep over it (anymore).

sendman
11-03-2007, 06:50 AM
According to the other thread he wasn't.

If I would have been there I wouldn't have booed either. He has received a championship ring for not doing much, but he's not the first to do so. <shrug>

The reason for my anger with him is that he didn't take advantage of the opportunity that was presented to him and that apparently he's too stupid to realize it was his to take - but other than that I'm OK with him as long as he's not on my team anymore.

I hope he shines in Sactown and proves me wrong, because I want Slovene athletes to do well, but in his case I'm not going to lose any sleep over it (anymore).
Slomo, don't ever give up on your countryman in NBA (even on Beno) . There are only a few of them there.
And they are very important for slovenian basketball in general. I guess you know what they do for popularity of basketball over here. If you like basketball, you should support them. And Beno makes me mad sometimes too.
But all this shit going on on this board is just stupid. Few frustrated assholes and herd of sheep following.

biba
11-03-2007, 08:27 AM
No comment.

Kings Notes:
Last Updated 1:56 am PDT Saturday, November 3, 2007
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/469515.html

Udrih arrives – The timing was perfect, if only for the Kings' newest point guard, Beno Udrih, and his personal jewelry collection.

Although Udrih won't be able to play for a week because of a broken left index finger, the former San Antonio backup to Tony Parker joined his new team in time to receive his championship ring from his old employer Friday night at the AT&T Center.

"I think I deserve that ring," Udrih said with a smile. "I've been with the team, practiced with the team last year."

He'll do much more than practice with the Kings, who had interest in Udrih leading up to the 2004 draft. They now need him to help fill the void left by starter Mike Bibby, who is out at least 10 weeks with a torn ligament in his left thumb.

Udrih was in Sacramento on Wednesday to sign his one-year contract, and it wasn't the first time he had flown solo into the city. The day before the 2004 draft in which the Kings selected Kevin Martin with the 26th overall pick, the shooting guard worked out against Udrih. Martin said he liked Udrih then and now. Had Martin not been available at No. 26, the Kings likely would have taken Udrih.

"That's what we're missing is a point guard who can control the team, run the offense and also bring some leadership," Martin said. "He's used to that, being down here in San Antonio. That's what they expect out of their point guards. It will help us a lot."

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Hilarious.

Bruno
11-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I wish the best to Beno and I hope he will do well With Kings.
He has done some stupid interviews this summer but it's not enough to wish that he failed with them.

T Park
11-03-2007, 02:56 PM
So, why are you bitter then?

I'm not bitter one bit.

biba
11-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Up Close With Beno Udrih

By: Nikola Olic Last Updated: 11/4/07
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=5906

Beno Udrih told me many times that everything he learned about basketball before NBA had to be left behind. No matter how successful you were before, in this league you start from scratch. And Beno is familiar with restarting his basketball: after winning everything he could in Slovenia, he went to Israel, then Russia and finally Italy before joining the NBA with the Spurs. After three years in San Antonio and no real chance to show what he knows, his latest chapter is with the Sacramento Kings.

"It is a great situation for me to come to the Kings organization, they don't have a guard right now because of Bibby's injury which will keep him out for three months. I will be able to join them in about a week. I hope that I will prove to everybody that I can play at this position. I could not be more pleased with the whole situation."

You mentioned proving something, Kings seem to have that theme this year with a new coach. They are now of course also in need of point guard help and they picked you. Do they see a player in you ready to explode on to the scene?

"I think so. They were interested in me over the last few months but we could not figure out a proper trade. But now I went from San Antonio through Minnesota and here I am in Sacramento. Everything will be OK I think, I can show what I know. Things are in some way back where they need to be. I ad a pre-draft session with the Kings, I went against Kevin Martin and they selected him and I went to the Spurs. So here I am now, back where I belong. (laughter)"

I expected to see you in a suit and a tie before the game, but you are covered in King's logos and sweat and are doing drills. You are still a week from joining the team, but you probably saw enough to be able to evaluate how you will best fit into the Kings organization.

"I think they need me. They don't have a guard like me that focuses on spreading the ball and setting up our offense. That is how I played all my life, my whole career. I think I will fit well."

Coach Theus sounds happy to have you on the roster. He feels that you were not really given a fair chance in San Antonio. How did you end things in San Antonio as you said your good-byes.

"There were no problems. We are all professionals. I have been doing this for a long time, I knew I need to change some things in order to be able to play. They did what they had to and so did I."

I know you are in love with San Antonio, you always said it is a perfect place for you. Have you had a chance to experience Sacramento and start figuring out how life will be in your new city?

"I like Sacramento a lot. It is also a place with a slow tempo without many distractions, and I like that. California will be good because of the weather as well. But I like San Antonio a lot, for now I am keeping my house there but then we'll see after next year."

Have you had any contact, phone calls or text messages, with Mike Bibby since you signed with the Kings?

"None yet."

About the Author: NIKOLA OLIC
Nikola Olic covers the NBA from a global perspective for HOOPSWORLD.COM and HOOPSWORLD The Magazine. He's been covering the NBA for seven seasons and is in his second with the HOOPSWORLD team.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2007, 05:19 PM
After three years in San Antonio and no real chance to show what he knowsThe rolleyes emoticon doesn't roll quite enough to express my feelings about this little gem.

thispego
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
But I like San Antonio a lot, for now I am keeping my house there but then we'll see after next year."
we should get beno back

ata
11-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Udrih's yesterday statements for slovenian TV (POP TV, Sportna scena):
1. He demanded trade!
2. Was happy to be traded, however not with Minnesota
3. Was thriled to be waived, since after few hours an offer from Sacto came

Slomo
11-05-2007, 04:21 AM
1. He demanded trade!
2. Was happy to be traded, however not with Minnesota
3. Was thriled to be waived, since after few hours an offer from Sacto cameYeah, I saw that.

Actually he said he was traded because he requested it. :rolleyes

Now I have a question for the forum regarding the Beno trade.

I've read that the deal to Min was Beno+cash for a protected 2nd round pick (:lmao). Do we have any good source of info for the cash part (news article, quotes from anybody...)? And about the amount of said cash? Because I don't remember any links to that regard, just educated guesses by different people.

Bruno
11-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I've read that the deal to Min was Beno+cash for a protected 2nd round pick (:lmao). Do we have any good source of info for the cash part (news article, quotes from anybody...)? And about the amount of said cash? Because I don't remember any links to that regard, just educated guesses by different people.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2043124&postcount=31

I find that $500K is quite reasonable. It was a good deal for both teams.

Slomo
11-05-2007, 11:23 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2043124&postcount=31

I find that $500K is quite reasonable. It was a good deal for both teams.I agree it's a bargain.

Thanks for the link, I just wanted an official source before explaining a few things to a certain local sport reporter.

phxspurfan
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
1. He demanded trade!

Actually he said he was traded because he requested it. :rolleyes

If this is true, I have even less respect for Beno. It's almost like he's imitating Richard Nixon -- to resign moments before being removed from office.

Indazone
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Well Good Luck to Beno then. May he get some minutes with the Kings