Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shakur waived to make room for Udrih
    ----

Point guard Mustafa Shakur was waived on Wednesday by the Kings.
    The move was made so that the Kings can hopefully bring in Beno Udrih, who was recently traded to the Timberwolves and then released. Udrih could never win the favor of Gregg Popovich in San Antonio, but that doesn't mean that he can't be a decent fill-in for the Kings while Mike Bibby is out. Nov. 1 - 1:08 pm et

LINK: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...e=85871&spln=1

=========================

Point guard help on the way
    ----

The folks in Sacramento know that Mustafa Shakur was waived, but not anywhere else.

Per the routine rigors of producing a daily newspaper, a note was omitted from the online version of Kings notes that reported the late waiving of Mustafa Shakur after the Kings' loss to New Orleans on Wednesday night. The rookie point guard out of Arizona was waived, it turns out, to make way for free agent point guard Beno Udrih. Udrih is the best of the options available and feasible, with John Lucas III and Keith McLeod being considered after the likes of Gary Payton and Earl Boykins were either bypassed or uninterested. David Wesley became available, but his health is a major concern, and it's been months since a Bobby Jackson reunion was a possibility.

Word is that Udrih - a free agent from Slovenia who played his first three seasons in San Antonio - is headed Sacramento's way. His agent, Marc Cornstein, wouldn't confirm it but certainly seemed encouraged.
    "I think Sacramento would provide an excellent opportunity and I know they've always expressed interest in Beno," Cornstein said. - Sam Amick

LINK: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/008845.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suckers!!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops... Didn't see that this old thread already talks about it...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthre...t=80515&page=3

You Belinelli Believe It! dougp's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be awesome if he could be signed by them and play for them when they play us ... ah that'd be great, maybe he can show us what a baller he is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guarantee you we'll throw all kinds of pressure at the little .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he can get his ring tomorrow night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the other thread, this is the perfect opportunity for Beno. He should be able to move into the starting lineup before long. Orien Greene started at point guard in the Kings' first game and played poorly.

It'll be interesting to see if Beno can take advantage of this situation or if it's his final stop in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guarantee you we'll throw all kinds of pressure at the little .
    Let's hope he doesn't drop 50 on us

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it ever say where the point guard help comes from?

You Belinelli Believe It! dougp's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should have a Washington vs. Udrih show down ... 45 minutes for each player, no exceptions.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the other thread, this is the perfect opportunity for Beno. He should be able to move into the starting lineup before long. Orien Greene started at point guard in the Kings' first game and played poorly.

It'll be interesting to see if Beno can take advantage of this situation or if it's his final stop in the NBA.
    I thought you were right on when you said it.
    It would seem to be a good place for Beno to show us that his problem here was not fitting in under Pop's system. Having talent but not the work ethic needed to back it up.

I really hope he can make it with the Kings.
    If not, I agree with you again.
    It will be his last chance in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good, i wanted to see him get big minutes somewhere else, just so i can be reminded how ty he was on the court. i forgot a long time ago.

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    this move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing that Beno's finger will be magically healed. But I do hope he plays against the Spurs on Friday.

Washington plays good pressure defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This does seem like cruel and unusual punishment for King Fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck Beno,
    hope u learned the lesson
    and this time u take it seriously
    (if that was the case why he was traded).

I read a new article of Manu, and he says the traded was good for beno
    because would allow him to go to other team where he will play more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the beno homers this is your big break you better hope he proves the spurs wrong if not the beno haters will be in full force

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope he doesn't drop 50 on us
    50 donuts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/466215.html

Kings sign free-agent point guard Udrih
    By Sam Amick - [email protected]

Last Updated 12:47 pm PDT Thursday, November 1, 2007

NEW ORLEANS -- The Kings signed Beno Udrih on Thursday, a fourth-year point guard who is much-needed in light of the absence of Mike Bibby.

Udrih, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound Slovenian player who was drafted 28th overall in 2004 by San Antonio, was traded by the Spurs to Minnesota last month and waived by the Timberwolves on Oct. 27. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said he signed a one-year contract and the Kings were only able to offer the minimum salary because they are over the salary cap ($826,046).

"This is just a fantastic opportunity for Beno," Cornstein said. "It's a positional need for the Kings, they have expressed interest in him in the past, and we are just really excited it was able to work out (no doubt, that's $82K you never expected to see Cornstein). It's really just a fantastic opportunity for Beno."

Udrih is expected to join the team either Thursday night in San Antonio or Friday, but he Cornstein said he wouldn't be able to play for at least week as he broke a finger on his shooting hand in Spurs training camp. He played his first three seasons in San Antonio, serving at times as a backup to Tony Parker and at other times getting little time behind Nick Van Exel or Jacques Vaughn.

"We're excited about adding Beno to our roster," said Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie in a statement released by the team. "He's a talented player we've had an interest in for some time, a true point guard who can't bring the ball upcourt, oops, who brings experience to our team going forward."

Bibby is out after having surgery on a torn ligament in his left thumb, and is expected to miss at least 10 weeks.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any reason Sacramento wouldn't have tried to just acquire him directly from the Spurs? Were they unwilling to part with a top-56 protected 2nd round pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings sign free-agent point guard Udrih
    By Sam Amick - [email protected]
    Last Updated 12:47 pm PDT Thursday, November 1, 2007

NEW ORLEANS -- The Kings signed Beno Udrih on Thursday, a fourth-year point guard who is much-needed in light of the absence of Mike Bibby.

Udrih, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound Slovenian player who was drafted 28th overall in 2004 by San Antonio, was traded by the Spurs to Minnesota last month and waived by the Timberwolves on Oct. 27. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said he signed a one-year contract and the Kings were only able to offer the minimum salary because they are over the salary cap ($826,046).

"This is just a fantastic opportunity for Beno," Cornstein said. "It's a positional need for the Kings, they have expressed interest in him in the past, and we are just really excited it was able to work out. It's really just a fantastic opportunity for Beno."

Udrih is expected to join the team either Thursday night in San Antonio or Friday, but he Cornstein said he wouldn't be able to play for at least week as he broke a finger on his shooting hand in Spurs training camp. He played his first three seasons in San Antonio, serving at times as a backup to Tony Parker and at other times getting little time behind Nick Van Exel or Jacques Vaughn.

"We're excited about adding Beno to our roster," said Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie in a statement released by the team. "He's a talented player we've had an interest in for some time, a true point guard who brings experience to our team going forward."

Bibby is out after having surgery on a torn ligament in his left thumb, and is expected to miss at least 10 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacto would have to pay Beno's salary (1,75 Mio$), now they will pay 826.000 $, makes sense, doesn't it?

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings gonna be blown out. Duncan will get 26 and 15.

I wish Beno the best in Sac-town though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/466215.html

.......... His agent, Marc Cornstein, said he signed a one-year contract and the Kings were only able to offer the minimum salary because they are over the salary cap ($826,046).

"This is just a fantastic opportunity for Beno," Cornstein said. "It's a positional need for the Kings, they have expressed interest in him in the past, and we are just really excited it was able to work out (no doubt, that's $82K you never expected to see Cornstein). It's really just a fantastic opportunity for Beno."

BTW: 10% only?

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's bad news for the Spurs. After his time practicing with the Spurs he'll be able to give the Kings pointers on how to defend Parker, like not assigning Beno to guard him.

Thread Information