PDA

View Full Version : This Win Is On Pop!

TheWriter
12-23-2004, 11:07 PM
You're right Tpark... dude gets hated on big time when we lose but isn't even thought about when we win.

SequSpur
12-23-2004, 11:08 PM
This message is hidden because TheWriter is on your ignore list.

:smokin

TheWriter
12-23-2004, 11:10 PM
So if Sequ has me on ignore, how can he read what I said?
'
Can someone quote Sequ because he's on my ignore list and I'd like to know what Santa's little helper had to say in this thread.

This message is hidden because SequSpur is on your ignore list.

whottt
12-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey Writer...how many minutes did Horry play against Orlando? Would you have those numbers for me?

Pop deserved the blame he got. He made stupid substitutions...

The question you should be asking yourself though..and why Pop gets ripped...how come me and Aggie can see it but he can't?

Whottt's the fucking deal?

T Park
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
fuckin popsucker.

Dont you know he has zilch to do with tonight.

BTW. I dont think he has much to do with wins or losses.

Some losses are because of bad play, and bad player management yeah.

Thats fine. But where are the threads, when he makes a few good moves. Calls a few good plays.

Writes up a good play out of a timeout.

Zilch.

I just ask for fairness.

I agree last night, Horry and Barry probobly shouldve played.

But we lost BECAUSE of POp?

I find it hard to believe.

Evenhandedness.

Thats all I ask.

T Park
12-23-2004, 11:13 PM
where is your credit for Pop tonight Whottt??

Where is "intelligence"

tonight???

"Whotttts up?" question

TheWriter
12-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey Writer...how many minutes did Horry play against Orlando? Would you have those numbers for me?

Pop deserved the blame he got. He made stupid substitutions...

The question you should be asking yourself though..and why Pop gets ripped...how come me and Aggie can see it but he can't?

Whottt's the fucking deal?

Had the Spurs won without Horry, would his minutes have been an issue?

If the Spurs had lost with Horry playing, wouldn't Pop get heat for not playing... Massenburg or Malik or Marks... Give me a break.

They win as a team (including Pop) and lose as a team. Bottomline.

SequSpur
12-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I'll give credit to Pop tonight. The knucklehead finally read some legit takes here at FSP and pulled a lineup out of his ass that would go 82 and 0 in the regular season. Only the Miami Dolphins have pulled a stunt like that.

whottt
12-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Had the Spurs won without Horry, would his minutes have been an issue?

Yes, they would be...I've bitched every time this season he has iced Barry and Horry...the reason you haven't seen me bitching about it much during wins is because we have lost all but 2 games he has done that in...the first Orlando game and the Detroit game...both were 3 point home wins...

And yes I bitched...all the other were losses.

If the Spurs had lost with Horry playing, wouldn't Pop get heat for not playing... Massenburg or Malik or Marks... Give me a break.

They win as a team (including Pop) and lose as a team. Bottomline.

Are you saying you can't tell the difference between Horry and Marks and Mass?

And BTW, I wouldn't have minded seeing Mass lay a thumping on a couple of Magic players last night.

T Park
12-23-2004, 11:20 PM
No what hes saying Whottt Heal, is that whatever Pop does, and when this team loses.

The first fuckin thread is

"This loss is on Pop"

Never fails.

EVERY LOSS, amazingly, is Pop's fault.

whottt
12-23-2004, 11:20 PM
where is your credit for Pop tonight Whottt??

Where is "intelligence"

tonight???

"Whotttts up?" question

Scroll up bitch...I already said this win is on Pop...I said it in this thread and in Aggie's thread.

More importantly...I think perhaps he has finally figured it out...since this is the first time he has given Horry and Barry big minutes in a big game, this season.

But fuck, how hard is it to figure out...hmmm maybe I should give Horry and Barry a try...

I mean damn, a couple of fans like me and Aggie can figure it out...how much credit do you want to give him for it? He gets credit..but he gets more blame for not playing them in losses because it's fucking stupid not to try them.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out those guys have something to offer us...it takes a dumbass not to realize it.

TheWriter
12-23-2004, 11:21 PM
What I am saying Whottt, is that no single blame can be placed on anyone.

Again:

They wi as a team and they lose as a team.

Get it? Whottt else is there to say?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-23-2004, 11:22 PM
I'll give Pop his due for tonight, but until I see it on a consistent basis I'm not quite ready to campaign for his entrance into the Hall of Fame. Sorry.

whottt
12-23-2004, 11:23 PM
What I am saying Whottt, is that no single blame can be placed on anyone.

Again:

Get it? Whottt else is there to say?

They don't lose as a team when Horry and his 5 fucking rings don't get a second of PT in a major game. Pop loses that game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-23-2004, 11:23 PM

The point we've been making is that if you play the guys you brought in to bust the zones, you'd be doing a whole lot more of the former and a whole let less of the latter.

T Park
12-23-2004, 11:24 PM
I'll give Pop his due for tonight, but until I see it on a consistent basis I'm not quite ready to campaign for his entrance into the Hall of Fame. Sorry.

Of course not.

Then you wouldnt be able to make a post here without bashing him or blaming him.

TheWriter
12-23-2004, 11:28 PM
They don't lose as a team when Horry and his 5 fucking rings don't get a second of PT in a major game. Pop loses that game.

You're right, whenever Horry plays, the Spurs win.

I guess you completely missed all of last season, the playoffs, and the 26 games this season before tonight game. Because I'm pretty sure the Spurs have lost when Horry has played.

But hey, I so could be wrong...
:spin

TheWriter
12-23-2004, 11:30 PM
The point we've been making is that if you play the guys you brought in to bust the zones, you'd be doing a whole lot more of the former and a whole let less of the latter.

Sure, but putting in Horry or Barry doesn't gurantee a win. I can understand the anger when Pop keeps the same people in and we lose. But if putting in Horry and Brent is an automatic win, I think Pop would do that. However, Manu, Brown, and Bowen can all hit from the outside and break zones.

It's also about matchups.

I can understand the anger at Pop because he controls who plays and who doesn't. But I don't blame hiim or anyone else. I blame the team.

T Park
12-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Stop it writer, your being a homer, and a popsucker.

whottt
12-23-2004, 11:43 PM
You're right, whenever Horry plays, the Spurs win.

I guess you completely missed all of last season, the playoffs, and the 26 games this season before tonight game. Because I'm pretty sure the Spurs have lost when Horry has played.

But hey, I so could be wrong...
:spin

You are looking at things in terms of absolutes...

Barry and Horry need substantial court time in every game to give us the best chance of winning...they do not need to be getting the Smitty and Ferry treatment...because they are not Smitty and Ferry...

Treating them the same way we treated those players...is stupid..and I and like minded individuals, will continue to rip Pop a new one every time he does it. Because he needs to be ripped a new one...

How do you know Horry wouldn't have had a tremendous impact in the Orlando game? He did tonight...he did in the few games prior to the Orlando game...why in the fuck wasn't he played?

Just answer me that questuion...because the only answer I can come up with....is stupidity.

Pop started being a dick to Horry and Barry in the Detroit game and we have sucked in big games every since he started doing it.

Look up the stats...go look at those games where Barry and Horry have gotten 0-8 minutes of PT...

I can list the games...

The second Seattle game
Detroit
Houston
Orlando
Orlando again...

Look at the trend in those games...then go look at the trend in the other games...

2-3 in those games where Horry and Barry get limited minutes...and the 2 wins were both by 3 points...And Barry had to hit some clutch FT's in that one Detroit game...

Conversely...

19-3 in games where they get big minutes...all of the wins are blowouts or easy wins...every one of them.

Don't take a fucking genius to figure it out...

GoSpurs21
12-23-2004, 11:45 PM
I'll give Pop his due for tonight, but until I see it on a consistent basis I'm not quite ready to campaign for his entrance into the Hall of Fame. Sorry.What else would you expect from an Aggie. So who should be the coach numb nuts?

I'll give credit to Pop tonight. The knucklehead finally read some legit takes here at FSP and pulled a lineup out of his ass that would go 82 and 0 in the regular season. Only the Miami Dolphins have pulled a stunt like that.I think the hardest job Pop has is to find who is going to play serious defense during the entire time they are on the court. It doenst matter what the line up is as long as they play defense first. Defense wins championships. The Spurs offense is best when the defense is causing havok on the other team.

If the Spurs would have played defense in the 1st half of the Seattle home game the way they played defense in the 2nd half of that same game they would have won. You cant beat a good team when you give up that many open shots. Switch, rotate on defense and contest every fucking shot. That type of hard work wins championships (check the record book).

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Of course not.

Then you wouldnt be able to make a post here without bashing him or blaming him.

I can post without bashing him. Are you capable of making a post critical of him? I've never seen it.

Buddy Holly, err Writer:

Sure, but putting in Horry or Barry doesn't gurantee a win.

Spurs record in games where Barry plays more than 10 minutes: 18-3 (.857).
Spurs record in games where Barry plays less than 10 minutes: 3-3 (.500).

Same goes for Horry (plus or minus ten minutes of PT).

GoSpurs,

So who should be the coach numb nuts?

It's funny that you make fun of me for being an Aggie, when you're the numb nuts with the reading comprehension problem. I didn't say fire Pop, just said he needs to pull his Popdamn head out and use his fucking bench, particularly the guys he brought in to bust up zones.

For me losing last year sucked, I don't know about you. Or are you just a bandwagon fan? I hate seeing the Spurs lose, particularly when they are struggling and have guys they brought in as free agents to play and help the offense in those exact situations where we were struggling.

Damn, some of you are denser than a wall of bricks on this shit.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Tpark, I have a question for you. Do you like to take the losing side of arguments on purpose? Is it like some form of intellectual masochism?

The sooner I see Rasho sitting on the bench, the sooner I'll be happy. Devin has sucked the past few games, Barry hasn't.

Solid D
12-24-2004, 12:37 AM
http://www.ectaco.co.uk/dictionaries/view_info.php3?refid=1836&dict_id=63

The reason for tonight's success! Tim Duncan bought one of these for each one of his teammates, and they opened their presents at shootaround before the game.

ECTACO Language Teacher - ESC600T
http://images.ectaco.com/images/dict/esc600t.gif

English <-> Serbian Talking Dictionary with Bilingual Business Organizer

Category: Talking dictionary
Language pair: English<->Serbian; Serbian<->English
Vocabulary: 475,000 words
Size: 4.6 x 3.5 x 0.6 in
Weight: 4 oz
Battery Type: 3 x AAA batteries, included
PC connection Yes

This series features dictionaries with advanced linguistic capabilities. Practical and efficient, these models include all you need to feel comfortable and assured abroad or when communicating with your overseas business partners. Flexibility and speed, along with great performance rates are at the core of this product line.

Efficient linguistic tool

Bilingual interface
Over 1,200 commonly used and emergency phrases on 12 topics
Advanced English and Serbian speech synthesis with adjustable speech frequency
Compact and elegant modern design
The award-winning Vector Ultima™ bilingual spell-checking system
New words recording function will allow you to customize your dictionary
Comprehensive TOEFL guide with sample exercises and tests
English grammar reference
Excellent organizer

Bilingual business organizer with alarm, reminder and password security lock, conforms to the highest industry standards
Built-in metric and currency converters are indispensable tools for a business traveler
AC adapter, data protection system, PC-link options
For complete information on this model, please refer to the instruction manual available in PDF format.

Specification
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dictionary
Vocabulary 475,000
Voice English
Idioms 200
Commonly used phrases 1200

Technical
Organizer
Games 1
Display 4 lines/graph

Screen backlight
Headphones jack
PC Connection
AC adapter jack
Batteries (included) 3xAAA
Dimensions (WxDxH) 145x95x15 mm; 5.7x3.7x0.6 in

Value pack
1 year warranty
Bonus & demo software
Slim case Yes

Features
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Language
TOEFL
Advanced word recognition
Instant reverse translation
Spell-checker
Irregular verbs
New word recording function
Electronic grammar book

Calculator
Math calculator
Engineer calculator
Currency conversion
Metric conversion

Clock
World
Local
Daily alarm
Reminder

• Buy now • Accessories • User`s Manual (English) • Learn about the discounts! •

• Other Serbian models •

Solid D
12-24-2004, 12:41 AM
http://www.ectaco.co.uk/dictionaries/view_info.php3?refid=1836&dict_id=63

The reason for tonight's success! Tim Duncan bought one of these for each one of his teammates, and they opened their presents at shootaround before the game.

ECTACO Language Teacher - ESC600T
http://images.ectaco.com/images/dict/esc600t.gif

English <-> Serbian Talking Dictionary with Bilingual Business Organizer

Now, they all can know what Pop is really saying...and it's not pretty. Rasho even got mad, which had the effect of 4 bars on a wireless phone in Siberia.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 12:42 AM
:lmao

baseline bum
12-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Goddamn I'm sick of people bagging on Pop. After he took an all new team with players who were almost all too young or past their primes to a freaking title while turning the decade's dynasty into a bunch of weeping bitches you think dude would get the benefit of the doubt. He has his faults, but overall he's brought stability to this franchise and he's done wonders developing young talent.

If having a dominant player was enough to make a franchise great why did we have such problems in the 90s with the most athletic big to ever play the game? I'll live with every one of his faults when I consider the way he's made solid players out of nobodies like Malik Rose, Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, and Devin Brown. The fact that he genuinely cares about his players and that they respect him has to count for something in a league where even the good coaches typically get tuned out after 2 or 3 years by their players.

T Park
12-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Popsucker........

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Popsucker........

Man, I have fucking had it with you.

Do you actually take the time to take your head out of your ass to read what people are posting or do you simply start banging away at the keys like a toddler who hasn't gotten his Gerber in time?

I have a feeling the toddler would be able to put together more posts that actually made sense and took into acount what other posters are saying.

Whottt and AHF have BOTH given Pop credit for tonight's win, yet you still continue you're idiotic ranting about popsuckers and how smart Popovich is.

Pop is one hell of a coach but he is far from perfect. The way he has dealt with players in the past is enough evidence for that. You need look no further than Malik Rose. No one is saying that he doesn't do a good job but there have been times, and several already this year, when he could do a better job. Thats what AHF and Whottt point out.

You however, never see a flaw, and do nothing but the cyber equivilant of taking a dump out of your mouth.

You've been here so damn long and you still come in with some of the worst takes of all time. How the hell is that possible? There are people here who dont even speak English as a first language who are able to formulate coherent thoughts and post them. Smeagol already smacked your dumb ass down once tonight.

Go take however many carnival coupons it takes to buy a take, and BRING ONE. Fuck.

T Park
12-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Nice Manny.

And that pertains how to this??

Your take is bashing me.

Intelligent.

Grow a life.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Grow a life? Do they sell those next to the Chia Pets at Walgreens?

My take is that I'm sick of you having NO take. And is Intelligent/ce you're new word fo the month? You may want to actually pick up a copy of Websters and look it up.

I'm tired of going into every thread after a win and seeing a constant repetition of Popsucker and "nooooooooooooooooooooooo, pop couldn't know anything" and the rest identical moronic phrases that litter your posts.

Bring a take with observations on basketball or STFU already.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Fuck dude, I bashed the fuck out of you and found time to put in a basketball take in the same post. You can't even find time to post one all fucking night.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:19 AM
In fact, you should be kissing Whottt and AHF's collective asses because they were right about Horry and Barry's playing time and you were falt out wrong. Yet you somehow still cling to you're idiotic point of view.

Ok, I'm done now. I'm off to find out how exactly I grow a life.

T Park
12-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Wow.

You can post on a basketball message board.

That gets you, what in life??

Once again, get a life, and bash someone else.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Trust me, once someone else surpasses you as FSP's dumbest poster, they too will get bashed. The problem is that the moment anyone tries to take the title from you, you step up to the plate and hit a home run of moronic proportions.

BTW, posting on a message board gets you nothing in life, but having even slight command of the english language does. Look into it.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:27 AM
And if you can't take the heat, stfu and get out of the kitchen.

T Park
12-24-2004, 01:32 AM
:rollseyes

Yes, and once again, like I give a shit what a degenerate like you thinks.

MannyIsGod
12-24-2004, 01:34 AM
So do you still maintain that Pop didn't make mistakes last night by not playing Barry and Horry a larger amount of minutes?

T Park
12-24-2004, 01:40 AM
Horry shouldve played.

IMO, Barry wasnt playing that well enough to warrant more minutes.

Nesterovic's defense and rebounding last night wouldve made a big difference as well.

2 blocks and 11 boards in only 28 minutes is pretty damn good, and prob wouldve had more if he wouldve gotten more time.

whottt
12-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Horry shouldve played.

Yeah right.

Fire Pop.

your a hater TPark

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-24-2004, 02:11 AM
Your take is bashing me.

I guess Manny feels that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. You bash anyone who criticizes Pop, and the next time you counter any argument with a basketball take will be the first.

Oh, and you shouldn't lecture people like Manny about "getting a life", when about the only people with more posts than you either moderate here to some extent, are incredibly close with Kori and LJ, or have 5 billion aliases.

As for baseline, I can respect his take, because he usually talks basketball and demonstrates some knowledge for the game (even something as mundane as the ball being round would be a step up for you).

T Park
12-24-2004, 03:47 AM
of course aggie.

YOU NEVVVVEERRRR Insult people.

Im the only one here who does.

Fuck you guys. Im tired of this onesided horseshit.

GoSpurs21
12-24-2004, 03:53 AM
I guess Manny feels that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. You bash anyone who criticizes Pop, and the next time you counter any argument with a basketball take will be the first.

Oh, and you shouldn't lecture people like Manny about "getting a life", when about the only people with more posts than you either moderate here to some extent, are incredibly close with Kori and LJ, or have 5 billion aliases.

As for baseline, I can respect his take, because he usually talks basketball and demonstrates some knowledge for the game (even something as mundane as the ball being round would be a step up for you).what the fuck does Rome know about basketball he is a laker fan. Tell me this Pop hater who the fuck should the coach for the Spurs be? I am not saying the Pop doesnt make mistakes but Tim Duncan doesnt either

T Park
12-24-2004, 03:57 AM
its a saying Go Spurs

When in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Aggie The Prick was using a saying.

He wants Pop to be the coach, but he demands perfection.

Hes a Spurs fan, and he doesnt want anyone else to coach, he just wants Pop to coach HIS way.

Thats all.

Let it go.