PDA

View Full Version : McClellan Comes Clean

Nbadan
11-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Scotty, what would Grandma Rylander (his mom) say?

To no one's surprise in a world where top White House aides with any president eventually write a book about it, former Press Sectetary Scott McClellan will be coming out with his volume in April.

It's called "What Happened" and its publisher, Public Affairs, at its Web site carries this brief excerpt:

"The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

"There was one problem. It was not true.

"I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President's chief of staff, and the president himself."

Editor and Publisher (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003675070)

The Armitage admission was a ruse....Plame was spying on Iran and the Neocons got worried that she would blow their cover on the 'Iranians are enriching weapons grade uranium' ruse they are currently perpetuating thanks in large part to the M$M....yep, the same group that brought us, Iraqi WMDs and 'immenent threat'....Hell, even Colin Powell has had enough, admitting just this week that Iran was still years away from even getting the technology to build a nuclear bomb....much less build one...

Artimage is a hard-core Neocon who signed a 1998(?) letter to President Clinton urging him to, tada....... attack Iraq and dispose Saddam....yep, he's a PNACer....

Would have been nice if McClellan had come clean a lot sooner

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Scotty, what would Grandma Rylander (his mom) say?

Editor and Publisher (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003675070)

The Armitage admission was a ruse....Plame was spying on Iran and the Neocons got worried that she would blow their cover on the 'Iranians are enriching weapons grade uranium' ruse they are currently perpetuating thanks in large part to the M$M....yep, the same group that brought us, Iraqi WMDs and 'immenent threat'....Hell, even Colin Powell has had enough, admitting just this week that Iran was still years away from even getting the technology to build a nuclear bomb....much less build one...

Artimage is a hard-core Neocon who signed a 1998(?) letter to President Clinton urging him to, tada....... attack Iraq and dispose Saddam....yep, he's a PNACer....

Would have been nice if McClellan had come clean a lot sooner

If we were to substitue Bush for Clinton in this situation we would have the resident bush whores telling us this is patterned behaviour. why would ALL of these people say this about Clnton if it weren't true , xray would clamor!! "It's the dimmocraps after all" xray would say. But it's not Clinton. It's Bush so they will come out and blame nancy pelosi and harry reid..etc..

On another note how many more time does yoni and ray have to hear there aren't wmds?

boutons_
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
"here aren't wmds"

they're ignorant, lying robots programmed to spew the defenses of a bogus war-for-oil, to "frame" the discussion with WMD while excluding war-for-oil.

or maybe they are just stupid dumbfucks too embarrassed to admit dubya suckered them with WMD bullshit.

DarkReign
11-20-2007, 01:55 PM
"here aren't wmds"

they're ignorant, lying robots programmed to spew the defenses of a bogus war-for-oil, to "frame" the discussion with WMD while excluding war-for-oil.

or maybe they are just stupid dumbfucks too embarrassed to admit dubya suckered them with WMD bullshit.

I have always thought your insight on the true meaning of Iraq has been flawed. IF (big IF, depending on you thought process)the true motive is securing a large stake in the world's oil supply, then one could easily conclude its just the first step in a larger plan.

boutons_
11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
"just the first step in a larger plan."

Maybe you missed it, but I posted a quote by a neo-cunt that went roughly:

"A lot of people want to invade Iraq, Real Men want Iran"

Iraq is just the first domino to get "regime changed" in the neo-cunts' geo-petro-political world game plan to grab oil. The lies from dubya and dickhed about Iran, esp the nuke/WMD, follow exactly the template of their Iraq lies.

If VZ's oil was cheaper to extract and refine, then VZ would be the next domino, being the USA's hemisphere. Chavez nationalizing the oilcos, destroying the VZ constitution, installing himself for life gives the US neo-cunts pretexts to grab VZ oil and re-privatze it, just like they intended to do in Iraq.

The war on terra is a convenient smokescreen that obscures perfectly (at least for the dumbfuck, sheeple, rabble) into the neo-cunts fantasies.

Sounds like you'e been "framed".

DarkReign
11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Fair enough. I was thinking a bit bigger, though.

xrayzebra
11-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, golly, gee. GGA, is slamming me again. He is going to
really, really hurt my feelings on of these days.

Anyhow, GGA, you have boutons on your side. What more could
you want?

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh, golly, gee. GGA, is slamming me again. He is going to
really, really hurt my feelings on of these days.

Anyhow, GGA, you have boutons on your side. What more could
you want?

how many more times do you have to hear that there are no wmds? no slam just a question.

as far as having boutons on my side you may to want to include about 70% of the population being on my side as well.

xrayzebra
11-20-2007, 04:39 PM
how many more times do you have to hear that there are no wmds? no slam just a question.

as far as having boutons on my side you may to want to include about 70% of the population being on my side as well.

How many times do you need to hear that he used WMD's?
And who cares who is on your side.

Oh, I know, those Kurds just lay down and died of
natural causes. And Iran was just BS'ing us. Yeah. He
didn't have WMD. He did, but what did he do with them.

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
How many times do you need to hear that he used WMD's?
And who cares who is on your side.

Oh, I know, those Kurds just lay down and died of
natural causes. And Iran was just BS'ing us. Yeah. He
didn't have WMD. He did, but what did he do with them.

in 1988..

xrayzebra
11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
in 1988..

I still want to know what he did with them. Do you have
the answer to that? Thought not.

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2007, 04:42 PM

he destroyed them. can you prove he didn't?

xrayzebra
11-20-2007, 04:44 PM
^^Can you prove he did?

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
^^Can you prove he did?

he didn't have any.

xrayzebra
11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
^^ :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

clambake
11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
back to the topic: no matter how you stack it, this administration is chocked full of liars.

clambake
11-20-2007, 06:42 PM
and now it's safe to say that bush lied about wmd's. but why do so many still believe his lies?

clambake
11-20-2007, 07:15 PM
and the CIA leak was just the cover lie to camouflage the real lie which was Niger. so they did what liberals knew they did. the only suckers are conservative americans. i guess that's why their herd is thinning.

Extra Stout
11-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Chemical and biological weapons have a shelf life. Any warheads produced in the late '80s or early '90s would have been useless by 2003.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Chemical and biological weapons have a shelf life. Any warheads produced in the late '80s or early '90s would have been useless by 2003.
That depends on what they were, and he had precursors too. Precursors have a much longer shelf life. They are prepared in advance to make fresh agents when needed.

Point is, agreements were made for an accountable disposition at the end of the Gulf War. No accounting was made on a huge number of known weapons. Intelligence does have shipments made outside of Iraq.

Not my fault the UN was such a pussy in enforcement, but we weren't.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2007, 07:40 PM
The US can't even account for the money and guns it sent to Iraq after the invasion and occupation.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Funny how the only valid news media with the story is CBS (most liberal) and the remaining articles with the quote are mostly blogs. Doesn't Yoni get criticised allot for blog material?

For the Benifit of History (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/19/politics/animal/main3524343.shtml)

Dan, you had too many quote marks. The whole thing is one continuous section:

The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

There was one problem. It was not true.

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President's chief of staff, and the President himself.

Now please notice that he says they were "involved." Of course they were involved. They were involved in the inquiries, right... They may have unkowingly passed false information to McClellan... right...

That's right people, learn to read, and keep out your personal biases. It does not implicate any wrongdoing. It does not mean they were aware of the facts that later came out.

This is likely no more than hype, a typical way to catch readers attention to buy the book.

clambake
11-21-2007, 01:22 AM
ok, back to topic.

so, is it safe to say that people in this administration are pathological liars?

the fact that they lied all along is no surprise.

2 soldiers died today so that some oil executive could buy a 35K umbrella stand.

Nbadan
11-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Valarie Plame responds to McClellan's revelations

Nov. 20, 2007 10pm EST

Santa Fe, New Mexico -- I am outraged to learn that former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan confirms that he was sent out to lie to the press corps and the American public about two senior White House officials, Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby who deliberately and recklessly revealed my identity as a covert CIA operations officer. Even more shocking, McClellan confirms that not only Karl Rove and Scooter Libby told him to lie but Vice President Cheney, Presidential Chief of Staff Andrew Card, and President Bush also ordered McClellan to issue his misleading statement. Unfortunately, President Bush's commutation of Scooter Libby's felony sentence has short-circuited justice.

Vice President Cheney in particular knew that Scooter Libby was involved because he had ordered and directed his actions. McClellan's revelations provide important support for our civil suit against those who violated our national security and maliciously destroyed my career.

Link (http://www.americablog.com/2007/11/plame-is-outraged.html)

Short-circuited justice indeed - in fact the whole Bush-crime-family has been absolved of any responsibility for any of their crimes against the state what-so-eva...that alone should be enough to send any real Ron Paul supporter scurrying for his wallet...

JohnnyMarzetti
11-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Not surprising that FauxNews Fox & Fakes didn't even mention in this morning. Damn hypocrites!!

George Gervin's Afro
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Not surprising that FauxNews Fox & Fakes didn't even mention in this morning. Damn hypocrites!!

no of course not. Hillary's campaign is stiffing waitstaff somewhere so they are on to more important stories that the American public deserves to know.

Nbadan
11-21-2007, 06:30 PM
:lol

...watch Scotty back-tracking.....

Former White House spokesman Scott McClellan does not believe President Bush lied to him about the role of White House aides I. Lewis Scooter Libby or Karl Rove in the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity, according to McClellan's publisher.

Peter Osnos, the founder and editor-in-chief of Public Affairs Books, which is publishing McClellan's book in April, tells NBC from his Connecticut home that McCLellan, "Did not intend to suggest Bush lied to him."

Osnos says when McClellan went before the White House press corps in 2003 to publicly exonerate Libby and Rove, the problem was that his statement was not true. Osnos said the president told McClellan what "he thought to be the case." But, he says, McClellan believes, "the president didn't know it was not true."

Osnos says the quotes which appeared on the Public Affairs Books website were part of the roll out of the book catalogues for the spring printings. And he says McClellan had not finished the manuscript for the memoir yet and was working under deadline to have the book completed for the April publishing.

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917188)

boutons_
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
McClellan is using "plausible deniability" to cover dubya's criminal involvement in outing a spy working on Iran, a tactic that goes back to Nixon's hatchet men.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 06:50 PM
:lol

...watch Scotty back-tracking.....

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917188)
It was either that, or early next week allegations would emerge of Scotty's involvement in a sex ring with 8-year-old boys.

George Gervin's Afro
11-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Well why does this surprise anyone? bush was duped AGAIN.. he must be the unluckiest president in history..

PixelPusher
11-22-2007, 12:10 AM
McClellan had the worst poker face of any WH spokesperson in the television era. You could practically smell the flop sweat through the TV during some of those briefings.

Nbadan
11-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Here is the FAUX News 'fair-and-balanced' reaction from John Gibson...

Who Should Get Medal for Outing Valerie Plame?
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
By John Gibson

So did she pull strings? Her bosses say she did, that she set up the meetings which eventually led to her anti-war husband setting off to ostensibly establish a reason the president might use to underpin his war plans. Instead, her husband went on a mission so lackadaisical that it certainly was no surprise to his wife when he came home and said Saddam was not trying to buy nuke bomb material from Africa. If her husband had stumbled on Saddam's actual nuke bomb he would have denied ever seeing it.

And the fact that later subsequent reports from the CIA itself said her husband was wrong should also be noted.

In total, it was "Miss Spy" — Plame — and her former ambassador husband deciding they would tank the president's war plans by responding to the vice president's query with an answer the president and the vice president wouldn't like and would put them in the box, no matter what the actual facts in Africa were.

So I still want someone to get that medal. I just can't figure out which person deserves it most: Rove, Cheney, Armitage, Libby or Bush himself.

FAUX News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312503,00.html)

Wild Cobra
11-22-2007, 04:27 AM
OK Dan. I'm going to ask that you buy the book, and cite the page and quote the context.

I'm sure you will be disappointed.

No source quotes anything out of the book of substance that repudiates what I initially said.

Nbadan
11-22-2007, 04:55 AM
We shall see: Memories of a Press Conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAKXsOAK3c)

Wild Cobra
11-22-2007, 05:05 AM
We shall see: Memories of a Press Conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAKXsOAK3c)
So what. That has nothing to indicate compliance with what you imply. Again, the word 'involved'... Come on. It is too general of a word. It definitely depends on the context of a conversation too.

Again, please keep an open mind, and look at it without your own biases.

So what. the three individuals said they were not involved with the lead. That does not mean they were not involved with discussions about Mrs. Wilson

This Valarie Plame Blame game is already old. Give me substance please. This is all very shallow.

Nbadan
11-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Plausible deniability is a bitch....

White House Press Secretary Dana Perino today unequivocally denied that President Bush knowingly lied about his staffers’ involvement in the leak of former CIA Agent Valerie Plame Wilson’s identity.

The topic came up again today in the wake of a publishers’ recent release of an excerpt from former Press Secretary Scott McClellan’s upcoming book. See below.

“I know that this president has not and would not knowingly ask anyone to pass on false information,” Perino said, adding she spoke with Bush about the specific incident in question.

Despite the explosive allegation in the excerpt, McClellan - who’s not commenting now - previously has said he believes Bush was lied to by top aides who had leaked Wilson’s identity. McClellan never has said Bush intentionally passed along information he knew was false.

Austin American Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/washington/washington/entries/2007/11/26/perino_bush_doe.html)

A little logic home-work for everyone:

Man from Crete: "All Cretans are Liars"

So the man from Crete assures us "all Cretans are liars." Does this mean that everyone from Crete is a liar? Or that the Cretan man who tells us that all Cretans are liars, is a liar?

George Gervin's Afro
11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
It's good to know that Bush didn't 'knowingly' lie.. Bush may be the most duped man in history.. :rolleyes

boutons_
11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
dubya duped by his own staff,
duped by bad intel,
duped into believing he's POTUS :lol

DarkReign
11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Seriously, at best the President is immeasurably incompetent.

Is incompetency in government a punishable crime?

Negligence, maybe?

Nbadan
05-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Here is what McClellan writes about the Plame incident in his book...

"What Happened-Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception", Copyright 2008 Scott McClellan, PublicAffairs a division of Perseus books.

From Chapter 16, p. 307, After The Trial

-snip-

Whether they committed a crime by revealing Plame's identity is something I don't know. It is in part a technical, legal issue that I'm not qualified to judge. None of these men were charged with a crime for revealing her identity. But I do know that what they did was wrong and harmful to national security, regardless of whether her disclosure was detrimental to any sources or methods. Plame was a covert CIA officer at the time, and they shouldn't have been discussing this with reporters, whether it is an indictable offense or not.

The vice president's office sought to find out why Wilson was sent to Niger. When his wife's name was mentioned, it started to circulate within the State Department and White House creating a permissive environment for her identity to be disclosed. As revealed in court filings, Libby sought to enlist Ari Fleischer's help in making it known to reporters. After Novak contacted Rove, Rove went to Libby and let him know that Novak was writing about her role. Rove also disclosed her identity to Matt Cooper of Time magazine.

As for what Rove and Libby told me when I was asked to publicly exonerate them, I can only conclude that they knowingly misled me. The facts have been recounted in this book. But set aside what I have written and consider another important fact. All objective observers, based on the facts that have become public, agree that what I said on their behalf was false; they were in fact involved in anonymously disclosing her identity-or leaking it-to some reporters. And I stated publicly at the time that my comments were based on assurances given to me by Karl and Scooter. I said they had "assured me they were not involved" in the leaking of classified information. I would never had made that statement had I known the facts above.

Nbadan
05-30-2008, 12:44 PM
On a couple appearances McClellan has posited the idea that Bush himself may have directly involved in the outing of Valerie Plame's identity...

MCCLELLAN: But the other defining moment was in early April 2006, when I learned that the President had secretly declassified the National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq for the Vice President and Scooter Libby to anonymously disclose to reporters. And we had been out there talking about how seriously the President took the selective leaking of classified information. And here we were, learning that the President had authorized the very same thing we had criticized.

VIERA: Did you talk to the President and say why are you doing this?

MCCLELLAN: Actually, I did. I talk about the conversation we had. … And I told the President that that’s what the reporter was asking. He was saying that you, yourself, was the one that authorized the leaking of this information. And he said “yeah, I did.” And I was kinda taken aback.

He's also said that the White House deliberately engaged in the promotion of PROPAGANDA rather than honestly informing the public in the day leading up to the Iraq War.

Ignignokt
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi everybody, I'm mister hindsight 20/20 and enforcer of all that is popular to say.

xrayzebra
05-30-2008, 04:43 PM
How do you "secretly" declassify something and then leak it. When
everyone was clamoring for the information and Bush gave them
what they wanted. Secretly my foot.

Wild Cobra
05-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I heard something interesting that should be followed up on. I have no evidence, but I do believe what I heard. Without getting into details, the book was published by a left-wing publisher. The editor altered McClellans work. He is now stuck in a hard place. If he comes clean with saying those accounts in the book are not accurate, he won't sell any books!

Someone care to check the publisher out, and types of books sold. Six for example by George Soros.

Think about this. We learned who the true leak was. One of the quotes in one of the posts are definately wrong.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I have no evidence:tu

Cant_Be_Faded
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
this is how i chumpdump

:tu

Nbadan
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Looks like McClellan has agreed to testify under oath about what he knows about the Plame leak......this could be really....really....good....

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, whose scathing memoir about his time in the Bush administration sent waves through Washington D.C., has agreed to testify before the House Judiciary Committee, a senior committee official told The Huffington Post.

McClellan's book "What Happened" detailed the "propaganda campaign" that led up to the Iraq war. His hearing is expected to focus heavily on the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame, an episode that McClellan has said was driven by political motivations from within the Oval Office. But the committee could press the former press secretary on other matters within its jurisdiction, including the possible authorization of torture by administration officials (though it remains to be seen how much knowledge McClellan has of that topic).

Earlier on Monday, Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers sent an letter to McClellan requesting his testimony.

"I have extended an invitation...after discussions between Committee staff and his attorneys," wrote Conyers. "In his book, Mr. McClellan suggests that senior White House officials may have obstructed justice and engaged in a cover-up regarding the Valerie Plame leak. This alleged activity could well extend beyond the scope of the offenses for which Scooter Libby has been convicted and deserves further attention."

The date on the invitation, June 20, was set in advance to accommodate McClellan's schedule, the official said.

Huff (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/09/mcclellan-to-testify-befo_n_106128.html)