PDA

View Full Version : A. Bynum owns suns

ducks
12-25-2007, 08:22 PM
A. Bynum C 41:59 11-13 0-0 6-8 +14 8 12 4 3 0 2 1 5 28 :clap

Budkin
12-25-2007, 08:23 PM
He's really coming along now. Mitch Kupchak looking like a genius on not trading him.

itzsoweezee
12-25-2007, 08:23 PM
i wonder how many big men have had their season highs playing against the suns? i bet it's a big percentage.

missmyzte
12-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Today's game was seriously a slam-dunk contest. Ariza had a few entries (and I think his alley-oop posterizing Grant is the winner), Drew had a few, Kobe ....

m33p0
12-25-2007, 08:48 PM
we all know what the suns' biggest weakness is. a dominant big man to put the hurt on the desert dwellers.

Mr. Body
12-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Amare and whoever plays in Kurt Thomas's absence are horrid post defenders. Every big guy is absolutely ripping them up this year.

m33p0
12-25-2007, 09:15 PM
to address this situation, the phoenix suns has signed a new player. the new guy is tall and definitely has style. dunno if she can guard duncan though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/2136357329_3cf8b69604.jpg

Rummpd
12-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Suns are soft.

SpursDynasty
12-25-2007, 09:31 PM
There were no big surprises in today's Suns-Lakers game. The Lakers just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Just another day at the office. The Suns need to make a trade.

SequSpur
12-25-2007, 10:56 PM
The Suns are weak.

Kriz-Maxima
12-25-2007, 10:58 PM
How many dunks the lakers had? I saw a lot.

Armando
12-25-2007, 11:00 PM
To think we could have had KG.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-25-2007, 11:13 PM
There were no big surprises in today's Suns-Lakers game. The Lakers just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Just another day at the office. The Suns need to make a trade.
:lmao
Vintage SpursDynasty.

SequSpur
12-25-2007, 11:18 PM
dantoni just doesn't get it... to bad the spurs lost to these bastages the other night, cuz their azzes would be reeling after this...

ludda
12-25-2007, 11:32 PM
didn't Erica Dampier own Amare and the suns in the first half of the dallas game the other day?
That's embarassing.

spurs1990
12-25-2007, 11:38 PM
How come no one is saying it....the Lakers are becoming an eighteen wheeler in the Spurs rear view....parish the thought of losing to these guys in May.

Dex
12-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna say it was a bad game for Bynum or anything, but Oberto went 11/11 against a Suns team that was stronger inside before the departure of Kurt Thomas. Goes to show why Phoenix never had a D to being with.

The Truth #6
12-26-2007, 01:22 AM
The Warriors aren't better than the Suns right now but at least the Warriors apply a pressing style defense. The Suns just run. They have no defensive identity. The Warriors style, to me, is a more legitimate way to play uptempo.

It's interesting how the Suns have lost their glamour. Even Free Darko is dumping on them.

Medvedenko
12-26-2007, 02:48 AM
IMO the suns are still a better team and will win more games this season than the lakers...however, they will not beat the lakers if they meet in the playoffs again. Look, the Suns have 4 former allstars....christ the Lakers have 1......all top teams have more than 1 allstar on their team.

Celtics 3
Spurs 4 (Finley)
Suns 4 (hill)
Dallas 3 (stack)
Utah 4 (damn...counting deron, okur, boozer, ak47)
Nets 3
Cavs 2
Nuggets 3
shit...........I could go on....

The lakers still need to trade Odom for a 2 way PF....(Jermain Oneal, Pau) to start really contending.

I like Odom....but he will not put us over the top unless Bynums maturation becomes a legit 2nd option letting Odom slide to #3

objective
12-26-2007, 02:50 AM
i wonder how many big men have had their season highs playing against the suns? i bet it's a big percentage.

this is not a complete list because my research wasn't totally thorough, but:

SEASON HIGHS against the Suns so far:

Tim Duncan

Jermaine O'neal

Chris Bosh (career high)

Al Jefferson (tied career high)

Andrew Bynum (career high)

Rasho Nesterovich

Big Men who had their second highest point total of the season against the Suns

Dwight Howard (tied 2nd)

Shaquille O'Neal (2nd)

Chris Wilcox (2nd)

Yao Ming (2nd)

vicphoenix
12-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Go ahead and dismiss the Suns. They should just give up and mail it in based on the first 28 games of the regular season.

freemeat
12-26-2007, 03:10 AM
How come no one is saying it....the Lakers are becoming an eighteen wheeler in the Spurs rear view....parish the thought of losing to these guys in May.

The Lakers have slowly transformed themselves from the most-hated team into our lovable "Sloth"!

hxCAEay5b_I

SpursDynasty
12-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Well, L.A. is getting better, definitely better than Dallas and Phoenix. If the Spurs met L.A. in the playoffs, we'd probably sweep them like we did in 1999.

MajicMan
12-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Well, L.A. is getting better, definitely better than Dallas and Phoenix. If the Spurs met L.A. in the playoffs, we'd probably sweep them like we did in 1999.
We might win a game or two but the Spurs are the last team we want to meet in the playoffs. I think we are capable of beating any other team but I don't like the thought of playing the Hornets either.

TDMVPDPOY
12-26-2007, 07:01 AM
suns never really had 4 superstars,

they were over rated to begin with anyway

all of theres players are too 1 dimensional, which will be there downfall, there system sucks anyway besides padding the stats, over value the stocks what its really worth.

every year in the summer, there is always news about the suns improving in the summer, non of which i have seen or shown

urunobili
12-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Lakers will be dangerous on the playoffs so will the Hornets

ancestron
12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I think the Suns are reverting back to their 2005 form defensively, which is basically no defense. D'antoni is just not a defensive minded coach. You can't just say "OK guys, now play defense!" And expect everyone to become a defensive stopper. The Spurs actually practice HOW to defend people. good postioning, help, etc. and it shows.
It looks like the only thing the Suns work on is the fast break and spotting up around the arc.
Laker-Suns yesterday was just one team trying to outscore the other. Defense was practically non-existent. Funny that the other teams in the NBA still don't seem to get the whole "defense" thing.

Soul_Patch
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
The suns need to desperately trade Amare Stoudamire. They could get enormous value in return, and in my opinion, he is what is dragging the team down.

Get an actual defender, or a few actual defenders, and ship his ass somewhere that his overrated ass wont get exploited every single night.

Sportcamper
12-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Well…I think most Lakers fans were surprised by the outcome…The Suns are one of the top 5 teams in the NBA… Andrew Bynum outplayed two-time All-Star Amare Stoudemire… Bynum delivered a career-high 28 points on 11-for-13 shooting… He also had 12 rebounds… His counterpart, Stoudemire, had 19 points and six rebounds…

Trevor Ariza (http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-12/34429419.jpg) has been developing nicely and threw down some aggressive dunks……

Dex
12-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Funny that the other teams in the NBA still don't seem to get the whole "defense" thing.

You said a mouthful right there.

Every title winner of this century has been a defensive minded team. Everyone knows what the Spurs and Pistons hang their hats on, the Heat were a methodical half-court team during their title run, and even the threepeat Lakers were defensive monsters with Shaq and Kobe molding with role players like Rick Fox and Robert Horry.

Yet ever since the Phoenix Phenom, everyone seems to think that running & gunning is the ticket to the future, despite the fact that it hasn't accomplished crap beyond the regular season in nearly 10 years.

I guess some people just don't like to agree with results.

Purple & Gold
12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I wasn't surprised by this outcome. Suns are a gimmick team. You can't win with no defense and a midget frontcourt like they have. Any team with a true big should have no problem with them.

Vingianx
12-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Trevor Ariza (http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-12/34429419.jpg) has been developing nicely and threw down some aggressive dunks……

I like Ariza, thank God he's out of the whole mess in N.Y. hope he continues to come around more as a player.

mikekim
12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
I bet steve kerr is regretting the fact that he didn't explore any of those Amare for Garnett possibilities...

amare's such trash...relative to all the hype he has.

ShoogarBear
12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
this is not a complete list because my research wasn't totally thorough, but:

SEASON HIGHS against the Suns so far:

Tim Duncan

Jermaine O'neal

Chris Bosh (career high)

Al Jefferson (tied career high)

Andrew Bynum (career high)

Rasho Nesterovich

Big Men who had their second highest point total of the season against the Suns

Dwight Howard (tied 2nd)

Shaquille O'Neal (2nd)

Chris Wilcox (2nd)

Yao Ming (2nd)1. Nice research.

2. OUUUUUUUCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH!

3. And with that, Amare Stoudemire is officially the Steve Nash of the frontcourt.

timmy21_4rings
12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
In 2006 first round series, Lakers almost beat Suns with a lot of plays drawn to Brown!!. In past 2 years, Suns has not beaten anyone but Lakers and Clippers. But they are talking about championship!

remingtonbo2001
12-26-2007, 11:25 PM
The suns need to desperately trade Amare Stoudamire. They could get enormous value in return, and in my opinion, he is what is dragging the team down.

Get an actual defender, or a few actual defenders, and ship his ass somewhere that his overrated ass wont get exploited every single night.

My brother mentioned trading Amare for Boozer. It would be an intresting trade.

Really, you don't need to trade anyone. You need a defensive minded coach. If the Suns could learn how to play defense they would be a great team.
Problem is there coach simply doesn't believe in the existance of defense.
It's like trying to explain the existance of God to an atheist. It ain't happenin'

ducks
12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
If I am suns I trade amare and his cancer ass now

SequSpur
12-26-2007, 11:30 PM
NBA Forum.

ducks
12-26-2007, 11:52 PM
yes mommy

Purple & Gold
12-27-2007, 07:22 AM
This is Spurs related topic. As soon as Bynum starts reaching his potential even the Spurs will feel his dominance. Again the Lakers show why they are the best Franchise Ever. Another in the long line of Laker Great Centers.

SAGambler
12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
[
QUOTE=remingtonbo2001]My brother mentioned trading Amare for Boozer. It would be an intresting trade.

Really, you don't need to trade anyone. You need a defensive minded coach. If the Suns could learn how to play defense they would be a great team.

Problem is, you don't learn defense overnight. By the time the got it down, if they started today, they would all retire before the got it right.

Problem is there coach simply doesn't believe in the existance of defense.

Well, he should. He has been beaten by it over and over. Maybe he just can't get the team to go along with it. Maybe they would rather pad their stats with quick scoring.

It's like trying to explain the existance of God to an atheist. It ain't happenin'[/QUOTE]

Or vice versa........

BonnerDynasty
12-27-2007, 11:39 AM
The Suns do have potential to be a pretty pesky defensive team. They are so quick and athletic that they do get a hand on the ball for deflections/steals.

Have fun guarding Tim Duncan/Bynum/Boozer/etc though. Foul prone Black Jesus and an 8 man deep team lulz.