PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace and Joakim Noah separated in locker room...at half time

Magic_Johnson
01-16-2008, 04:56 AM
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=114329&src=150

At halftime of the Bulls' lifeless 102-88 loss to the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night, Noah and Ben Wallace had to be separated in the locker room, according to witnesses.

Noah walked into the room loudly complaining about Bulls players laughing on the bench, then Wallace confronted Noah, and Luol Deng had to step in and pull them apart, the witnesses said.

The Bulls finished the first half down 57-52 after trimming a 14-point deficit. When the second half began, the Bulls appeared shell-shocked.

They were outscored 32-10 in the third quarter as the Magic pulled out to a 27-point lead. Some Bulls reserves led a late comeback to make the final score seem respectable.

Fillmoe
01-16-2008, 04:57 AM
noah is a bum, glad we took spencer

Pistons < Spurs
01-16-2008, 09:24 AM
I'd love to see Ben rip his head off!

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow. I know some people were warning that the Bulls were overhyped before this season started, but I doubt even the biggest detractors saw this sort of implosion happening this year.

And any sort of damage Big Ben would have done to Noah's face would probably have been an improvement.

BacktoBasics
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Noah was the most overrated first round draft pick ever in the history of all basketball. I have no fucking idea to this day how in the hell anyone would take this guy with a first round pick.

mrsmaalox
01-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Noah was the most overrated first round draft pick ever in the history of all basketball. I have no fucking idea to this day how in the hell anyone would take this guy with a first round pick.
I agree, but after watching the Final Four, it was obvious there was not much to pick from. All the great college age players are already in the NBA!

Capt Bringdown
01-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Rook shooting his mouth off in the NBA. Hey, isn't he french or something?

m33p0
01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Paxson has really screwed up Chicago with his lousy trades and disatrous drafts.

m33p0
01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Rook shooting his mouth off in the NBA. Hey, isn't he french or something?
you think its a French thing?

BonnerDynasty
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
how do you go after Ben Wallace. That dude would build a fucking ark in Noah's face.

AFBlue
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I only see one thing wrong with this....

The team that Noah is on. Noah was just trying to fire up his team and get them to focus after a sloppy first half. The problem is that he is on a team with a bunch of veterans and pre-established leaders.

I would see no problem with what he did if he were on the T-Wolves or another young team. He would be praised for getting his players fired up and taking a leadership role on the team.

Bottom Line: Noah is a good guy and his heart is in the right place, he's just on the wrong team.

AFBlue
01-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Paxson has really screwed up Chicago with his lousy trades and disatrous drafts.

Don't forget FA....

Signing a 32yr old, one-dimensional Ben Wallace to a $15M a year deal....insane!

1Parker1
01-16-2008, 11:12 AM

The team that Noah is on. Noah was just trying to fire up his team and get them to focus after a sloppy first half. The problem is that he is on a team with a bunch of veterans and pre-established leaders.

I would see no problem with what he did if he were on the T-Wolves or another young team. He would be praised for getting his players fired up and taking a leadership role on the team.

Bottom Line: Noah is a good guy and his heart is in the right place, he's just on the wrong team.

:lol You're joking right? Noah is a rookie who has done nothing except win a college championship. Even if he wasn't on the T-Wolves or a younger team, that is not the way to be firing up ur teammates or taking a leadership role...stuff like that may work in the college level but this is professional basketball now. And more so than that, I could understand if he talked smack and backed it up with good play....he doesn't do that. What's his averages for the season? What's he do on the court that's so great or that's helping the team?

Bruno
01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mariottiweb/743064,011608mariottiweb.article

Bulls: More dissension, more disarray
January 16, 2008
BY JAY MARIOTTI Sun-Times Columnist

So there was Ben Wallace, $60 million waste, laughing on the bench Tuesday night in Orlando. The Bulls were on their way to another hapless, character-less loss, and Big Bum was having such a good time that you wanted to stuff him in a Goofy suit and point him to Disney World.

He wasn't the only quitter and slacker in a 102-88 defeat, the latest stinker in a pathetic season of quitting and slacking. The laughter apparently led Joakim Noah, coming off a teammates-approved suspension for screaming maniacally at assistant coach Ron Adams, to confront Wallace in an episode that required Luol Deng to separate them. All of which only underscores the thievery taking place. The Bulls are stealing money. They are embarrassing the city and a franchise that 10 years ago, willed by the most cut-throat competitor of all time, won its sixth NBA championship. They admittedly quit on Scott Skiles and got him fired. Now they aren't playing for interim coach/sucker Jim Boylan, which comes after Wallace -- in a pathetic bit of hypocrisy -- led the in-house charge against Noah when he blew up at assistant coach Ron Adams last Friday.

At least Noah, who returned to produce 12 points and a career-high 11 rebounds, cares about winning. Seems Noah was as irked as I was about the apathy of some veterans -- the same mopes who had gone to Boylan and urged him to extend the rookie's one-game suspension to two games for the Adams incident. Shame on Boylan and general manager John Paxson for allowing those veterans any latitude to make disciplinary decisions when some are guilty of far worse sins than Noah.

If the rookie was punished two games, Wallace should be suspended five for laughing. But that won't happen. Know why? His agent, Arn Tellem, is close with Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. It was Reinsdorf, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher, who fueled the regrettable Wallace signing two summers ago because of his relationship with Tellem. There even was a report, denied by the Bulls, that Reinsdorf met last month with Wallace and Tellem to gauge the players' feelings about Skiles.

So maybe we shouldn't be blaming only Paxson for the Bulls demise.

Maybe it's a classic Reinsdorf screwup.

Boylan, who tried to place trust in the players during the Noah episode, was more disgusted than anyone. Nice attempt to rally the troops, Mr. Interim. ``Our lack of effort in the third quarter was unacceptable and probably the worst third quarter I've seen since I've been with the Chicago Bulls, as a head coach or an assistant,'' he said. ``It was a lack of effort all the way across the board, a lack of concentration and focus.

``In the NBA, there's always ebb and flow, but we're letting teams have their way with us. Our defense is soft; our offense is anemic at times. We seem to be casual with the ball. We have to do something about that if we want to get ourselves right. We have to change the way we're playing. I don't have any magic dust to sprinkle over anyone. I have seen these guys compete at a high level. For some reason we are not doing that.''

They're already fired a well-regarded coach. They're already turned a rookie into a peer-pressure scapegoat. Any other solutions?

``It's just embarrassing,'' said Chris Duhon, who said last month that the Bulls stopped playing for Skiles.

The team is a disgrace, a daily subject on national TV shows.

Somewhere in Indiana, Skiles must be laughing himself, though surely not as hard as Big Bum.

Bruno
01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Ben Wallace is a cancer. He is destroying the Bulls.

bdubya
01-16-2008, 11:19 AM
The Chicago media are pretty much backing Noah and tearing Ben a new one over this.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/743064,011608mariottiweb.article

"So there was Ben Wallace, $60 million waste, laughing on the bench Tuesday night in Orlando. The Bulls were on their way to another hapless, character-less loss, and Big Bum was having such a good time...."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2008/01/atomic-apples-s.html

"Some of those veterans were caught on camera yukking it up as they were getting humiliated by 22 points in that third quarter -- specifically Ben Wallace and Joe Smith. OK, maybe it was out of context, even for a Hall-of-Fame hypocrite such as Wallace.

But no. It wasn't out of context. In fact, it was evidence of Wallace as the poster child for this gutless team....."

Harsh town, Chicago.

clambake
01-16-2008, 11:38 AM
:tu

freedom&justice
01-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Noah needs to keep his mouth in check. He's already been reprimanded for his stupid talk. It might've have been ok if he weren't a rook. That shit don't fly in the NBA, floppy boy.

Fighting with Ben Wallace isn't a good idea either. The guy could beat him up good without breaking a sweat.

hater
01-16-2008, 12:13 PM
who has wallace beat up lately? that's right. noone. He is just a big teddy bear. I can't imagine him beating up anyone. He can't even rebound anymore.

he is a bum

xapatan2
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
well, some comments are either showing sights of ignorance, or funny... !

Noah is just a fucking winner, and a fucking leader and he just proves it..

And he has balls ! I just think he is simply taking over the bulls locker room..

Oh yeah, he is a rookie... But he is the rookie who said no to a guaranteed 1st place in the draft and convince his teamates for the back to back. and made it.

Once Noah starts ( and we might come close to it now) he will produce a double-double on a regular basis, providing leadership,passing, energy and team spirit...

Oh yeah, he has an awful shot, sure, he has to work his basket fundamentals...

But he just simply knows better that everyone on his team what it take to win games !

Xap'

lefty
01-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't like Noah, but I agree with what he did; he was right in my opinion.

Wallace reacted like an idiot.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
ben wallace can laugh?

i've never even seen the dude crack a smile.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
btw noah should just shut the fuck up. if he was making as much as wallace he'd be able to laugh in a loss as well.

xapatan2
01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
btw noah should just shut the fuck up. if he was making as much as wallace he'd be able to laugh in a loss as well.

No he doesn't have to. And why should he ?

Ah yeah, he is a rookie !

Well, to my mind, you are a leader or you are not. It is a question a character. and Noah is an heck of a leader.

Good thing, there are actually no leaders on their roster..

Sadly, It is difficult for vets to accept that the rookie is the one !

Xap'

AFBlue
01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
:lol You're joking right? Noah is a rookie who has done nothing except win a college championship. Even if he wasn't on the T-Wolves or a younger team, that is not the way to be firing up ur teammates or taking a leadership role...stuff like that may work in the college level but this is professional basketball now. And more so than that, I could understand if he talked smack and backed it up with good play....he doesn't do that. What's his averages for the season? What's he do on the court that's so great or that's helping the team?

You don't need to be a veteran to show heart and intensity. He also doesn't have to be a 20/10 guy to establish a leadership role with a team. He gives full effort every time he's out there on that court, so it's not like he's demanding more of other players than he's giving.

The problem is, as I said previously, this team is full of veterans that think they've earned the right to play like crap and are sitting pretty with their millions of guaranteed dollars. Compound that, their frustration from losing, and Noah's in-your-face style....and you've got conflict.

But Noah has an infectious attitude that can be a positive if he's in the right situation.

So no....I'm not joking.

BTW, Noah's stats are actually pretty good for a guy that supposedly has "no offense".

sprrs
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM

I don't like Noah much either, but at least the guy wants to win, which is more than you can say for the rest of the team. Last I checked, the players get paid millions upon millions of dollars to win basketball games, not to laugh on the bench.

xapatan2
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
You don't need to be a veteran to show heart and intensity. He also doesn't have to be a 20/10 guy to establish a leadership role with a team. He gives full effort every time he's out there on that court, so it's not like he's demanding more of other players than he's giving.

The problem is, as I said previously, this team is full of veterans that think they've earned the right to play like crap and are sitting pretty with their millions of guaranteed dollars. Compound that, their frustration from losing, and Noah's in-your-face style....and you've got conflict.

But Noah has an infectious attitude that can be a positive if he's in the right situation.

So no....I'm not joking.

BTW, Noah's stats are actually pretty good for a guy that supposedly has "no offense".

you are so right !!

And it is quite interesting to know that Noah has the highest PER among rookies... OK PER is not the perfect truth, but as it has been written many times before on this board, it is good indicator.

Xap'

JamStone
01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Joakim Noah is a fool. But, I would take his side on this issue. Problem is he doesn't have the clout especially what happened recently and his teammates already not in his corner for him to be so outspoken about it. He didn't go about it in a very wise way, but he has a point.

Paxson was doing ok for a couple years and then he made some very miscalculated decisions.

How does this line-up look with a couple of role players added at a couple spots:

Kirk Hinrich / Chris Duhon
Ben Gordon / Nick Young
Luol Deng / Andres Nocioni
LaMarcus Aldridge / Josh Boone
Tyson Chandler / Aaron Gray

Viva Las Espuelas
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
how do you go after Ben Wallace. That dude would build a fucking ark in Noah's face.man. you waited all year for that set up didn't you?

SenorSpur
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of Noah's either, but he was right on with this one.

Big Ben should be ashamed of himself. These acts coming from him are a bit surprising - considering the fact that he fancies himself as a "blue collar"-type player. A professional that supposedly has no ego.

Pistons_In_7
01-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Ben Wallace is done with, he is starting to fart dust, unless he starts juicing again i see him being offered a buyout of his contract. But in other news he is laughing all the way to the bank. Way to go Benedict Arnold Wallace

HeyIt'sMe
01-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Noah is a stud, and I'd take him on my team any day. His passing is incredible for a big, and he'd mesh really well with Dwight. People who think he's some unskilled bum clearly have never watched the kid play. He produces when given minutes, and would easily outproduce Wallace if given the opportunity.

jochhejaam
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Such good fortune that the Bulls took that Cancer off of our hands.

kingsfan
01-16-2008, 08:07 PM
They talked to Ben at the beginning of the game + he laughed and said it wasn't a big deal, they blew it out of proportion.

Budkin
01-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I would love to see Big Ben rip that punk's face off.

ShoogarBear
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Joakim Noah is out of control and probably overrated, but man he would be a great fit on the Spurs.

remingtonbo2001
01-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Joakim Noah is out of control and probably overrated, but man he would be a great fit on the Spurs.

No shit!

I would LOVE Noah on our team. If this kid has that much determination and passion to win, just think of what this organization could do for him.

You think ole' Jerry might consider an Elson for Noah trade? Hell, we'll throw in a 1st round draft pick. Elson is really athletic and his low BBall IQ would thrive in Chicago. Really, you don't want Noah showin' everyone up. It might hurt Big Ben's feelings.

m33p0
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Don't forget FA....

Signing a 32yr old, one-dimensional Ben Wallace to a $15M a year deal....insane!
damn... how could i forget? i was thinking of aldridge, chandler and noah.

Capt Bringdown
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't think clown-boy Noah is NBA leadership material. Striking poses and talking trash is not leadership. Winning in the NCAA and the NBA are completely different. You can't make claims about winning in the NBA if you haven't done it.

I'm no fan of Big Ben, but Noah just sounds like a horse's ass.

itzsoweezee
01-16-2008, 11:25 PM
chicago sports media is composed of some of the lowest lowlifes around. they get more of a kick out of losing than winning. so i'd take anything they say with a pound of salt.

Cry Havoc
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/jj_redick1.jpg

Would like a word with you.

ShoogarBear
01-16-2008, 11:46 PM
^:lol No shit.

MONTENEGRINO
01-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Ben Wallace is an asshole, stupid player who could be called 'star' only in complete team like Pistons, and just because of rebounding... What he has done after pistons?

JamStone
01-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Ben Wallace is an asshole, stupid player who could be called 'star' only in complete team like Pistons, and just because of rebounding... What he has done after pistons?

Help the Bulls sweep the defending champion Miami Heat in the 1st rd of the playoffs last year.

Indazone
01-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Ben Wallace is a locker room bully. A cancer on any team. If Noah stood up to him is that he wasn't going to take crap from Wallace anymore especially after Wallace rallied a team vote to bench Noah and the coach agreed to it. This coach needs to go cause he can't control his own team. Since when do teammates get to dole out punishment? I wish Artest and Wallace could have got it on cause as crazy as Artest is he would have seriously messed up Wallace.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Seems like the kind of the guy that can have a Bo Outlaw'esque career.

Also seems like the kind of guy that has a screw loose upstairs.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Ben Wallace is a locker room bully. A cancer on any team. If Noah stood up to him is that he wasn't going to take crap from Wallace anymore especially after Wallace rallied a team vote to bench Noah and the coach agreed to it. This coach needs to go cause he can't control his own team. Since when do teammates get to dole out punishment? I wish Artest and Wallace could have got it on cause as crazy as Artest is he would have seriously messed up Wallace.

Na, Artest doesn't go after bigger guys.

He'll go after the Raja Bell's, he RIP Hamiltons,and the random fans. But I don't think he's ever gone after a bigger dude. Has he?

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 04:38 AM

The guy played with a torn bicep.

He's a warrior. I'll take Big Ben on my team ANY DAY. (I won't, however, take his contract :fro)

Capt Bringdown
01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Here's a great summary by Chris Duhon from ESPN's Daily Dime (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080117) . I agree...it doesn't matter if Wallace is an axe murderer and/or the Bulls were laughing while losing; a rook's got to know his place. Noah, LOL, who does he think he is, Magic Johnson?

"Joakim's a great kid. He's very energetic, he likes to speak his mind, which is a great -- there are times for that. The thing that gets him in trouble is that he's got to realize he's a rookie. He hasn't accomplished anything in this league yet. He's only played like 30-something games. We know that he can be a great player, and I believe that he's going to be a great player. But he's got to leave what he accomplished in college with him being a national champion and all that. That's irrelevant now. Now you're in the NBA, now you need to make your own legacy. Everyone's got their own scrapbook to say what they accomplished here and there. He should just be taking advantage of being able to learn from from veterans like Joe Smith and Ben Wallace and improving his game every day."

MONTENEGRINO
01-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Help the Bulls sweep the defending champion Miami Heat in the 1st rd of the playoffs last year.
So what? This year is proof how strong Heat is and how strong it was at the end of last year... Anything else? 2nd round? :toast

MONTENEGRINO
01-17-2008, 09:46 AM
The guy played with a torn bicep.

He's a warrior. I'll take Big Ben on my team ANY DAY. (I won't, however, take his contract :fro)
Heh... Me also had a couple of pretty ugly injuries during my bball career... Once I played rest of the game (4th) with a broken rib, which of course doesn't mean I'm great player...:D :p:
No, I'm not that arrogant to compare me and Big Ben for real, but the fact is that he was considered A PLAYER only in Pistons, not in WAS, ORL or CHI...

Kamnik
01-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Ben Wallace is a cancer. He is destroying the Bulls.

my gut feeling about him was right years ago when everyone was overhyping him

only reason i didnt like pistons was that annoying announcer and this idiot

since he left the pistons they are one of my favourite teams in the league

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Heh... Me also had a couple of pretty ugly injuries during my bball career... Once I played rest of the game (4th) with a broken rib, which of course doesn't mean I'm great player...:D :p:
No, I'm not that arrogant to compare me and Big Ben for real, but the fact is that he was considered A PLAYER only in Pistons, not in WAS, ORL or CHI...

It doesn't make you a great player, but it means you have a lot of heart and put it all on the line for your team. Which is what Ben Wallace does.

As for only being a great player in Detroit...yes those were the best years of his career. But he must have had SOME talent in Washington in order to get included in a deal for Grant Hill. And he helped lead the Bulls past the defending champion (the Heat) last year while he was INJURED.

What else do you want from the guy?

He's not Michael Jordan. He's not Lebron. He's a great shot blocker and rebounder who plays hard.

sprrs
01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
What else do you want from the guy?

To care when his team is losing.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 10:52 PM
To care when his team is losing.

I've seen Tim / Manu laughing on the bench while we were down.

Does that mean they don't care?

sprrs
01-18-2008, 01:33 AM
I've seen Tim / Manu laughing on the bench while we were down.

Does that mean they don't care?

The Bulls aren't in the position to blow off one loss.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-18-2008, 02:04 AM
The Bulls aren't in the position to blow off one loss.

Laughing during a game does not a 'blowing off one loss' make.

sprrs
01-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Laughing during a game does not a 'blowing off one loss' make.

Take things in the context of the situation.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Take things in the context of the situation.

On the contrary, that's taking things out of context.

Bruno
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Noah, Wallace, Deng and Boylan have said that nothing has happened between Noah and Wallace. This article is likely BS.

Saying that, feel free to continue to argue on something that has never existed.

Skip Bayless
01-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Noah needs to keep his mouth in check. He's already been reprimanded for his stupid talk. It might've have been ok if he weren't a rook. That shit don't fly in the NBA, floppy boy.

Fighting with Ben Wallace isn't a good idea either. The guy could beat him up good without breaking a sweat.

he wasnt fighting with Wallace. he was mad that his team kept losing and his teammates didnt care. he was trying to light a fire.

sprrs
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
On the contrary, that's taking things out of context.

That was more of a request.