PDA

View Full Version : No Defense For Upsetting Suns Help Wanted

LakeShow
01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252008/sports/no_defense_for_upsetting_suns_96539.htm?page=0

NO DEFENSE FOR UPSETTING SUNS HELP WANTED:

Suns center Amare Stoudemire needs more help than he's getting from his forwards.

January 25, 2008 -- FAR be it from me to sen sationalize the Suns' infuriating defensive descent against the Timberwolves. But when you lose twice to an adolescent outfit, winners of seven in 41 tries, the time has come, the walrus said, to speak of one thing: reconsidering an Andrei Kirilenko-Shawn Marion trade.

Steve Kerr rejected that very proposition by the Jazz at least once, maybe more, I'm informed. Evidently, a recent decision was made by the rookie VP/multi-championship ring bearer not to tamper with the hardcore of the 30-13 team and to go with the rapid-fire flow orchestrated by coach Mike D'Antoni and implemented by Steve Nash, in all likelihood for the last time, even should the Suns win it all.

Though one especially lousy loss (117-107) isn't expected to alter Kerr's master plan that plan, could Al Jefferson's overpowering presentation (39 points, 15 rebounds) crystallize it any clearer that Amare Stoudemire desperately needs weak side as well as strong side help?

"We stopped playing defense," Amare said.

We?

You!

"Jeez, Amare, if you're going to let Jefferson torch you like that, act like you're hurt and check in for more surgery," Rasheid McCorvey e-mailed.

The column contributor echoed the sentiments of a fast- growing NBA subdivision convinced "you cannot get a ring if you can't stop anyone, no matter how much you score."

An interior defensive designer, Kirilenko provides roadside assistance for teammates whether or not they're signed up for the coverage.

Though not a particularly sharp shooter from afar, Kirilenko's 6-foot-10 height, fast feet, long arms and lengthy contract (three guaranteed years after this, worth $49.3 million) all should appeal to the Suns.

In contract, the world-class sprinting, long-distance dialing Marion is undersized (6-7, 215) for a macho forward, and can opt out of his final year ($17.8M) this summer.

Judging by his lack of aggression and support Wednesday night, Marion is one game ahead of schedule. In 321/2 minutes (how does one do so little and earn so much time?), he went 3-for-3 from the field (seven points), never visited the foul line, grabbed three defensive rebounds, committed four fouls and had one assist, one steal and one turnover.

"Must have been one of Shawn's 'I have a headache' games," McCorvey wryly ruminated.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll agree they probably need to move Marion, but AK isn't going to get them to the next level. His disapearing act in the playoffs last year made Marion's postseason struggles look tiny.

lefty
01-25-2008, 04:15 PM
One thing is certain : Phoenix doesn't want to face a healthy Lakers team in the playoffs

hater
01-25-2008, 04:38 PM
please Suns get AK hahahahaha

Xylus
01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
One thing is certain : Phoenix doesn't want to face a healthy Lakers team in the playoffs
Bring 'em on. The only team I really worry about is the San Antonio Spurs.

DazedAndConfused
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM

I mean no disrespect, but the Lakers have the personell to exploit the weaknesses of the Suns. If Andrew Bynum can get himself into playing shape by the playoffs there is really nobody on the Suns that can handle him. There is a very good reason why the Suns lost to a horrid Minnesota team twice this year, and yes it will be a huge problem for the Suns come playoff time if they don't address it.

BonnerDynasty
01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Who's going to be the lucky team that gets to face Suns first.

Spurs have earned the right to DAGGER D'Antonio.

vicphoenix
01-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Who's going to be the lucky team that gets to face Suns first.

Spurs have earned the right to DAGGER D'Antonio.

Go ahead! Underestimate the Suns. They haven't played well this year. But we know the Spurs are the only team that can shut them down. You really think other Western Conference teams want to face them in the first round?

Armando
01-25-2008, 11:01 PM
How exactly was AK-47 going to stop Jefferson?

LakeShow
01-25-2008, 11:41 PM
C'mon Suns fans, be honest. That is a glaring weakness that every one can see. You have to be concerned about that. Teams with a good center will give you hell.

Armando
01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
C'mon Suns fans, be honest. That is a glaring weakness that every one can see. You have to be concerned about that. Teams with a good center will give you hell.

I know that is not a good thing that Jefferson got a career high in points against Amare's "defense".

LakeShow
01-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I know that is not a good thing that Jefferson got a career high in points against Amare's "defense".

Yeah and it's been like that all season. If the Suns were to address that and get a player, I would be the first to say that they indeed have a very good chance to win the title. Without that, I give you no chance.

Findog
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I agree, and I don't even think it's that much of a fluke that Minnesota has beaten them twice. If you have a low-post beast, you're gonna cause problems for Phoenix. It's very easy to pound them inside. There's an old cliche that says titles are won in the paint.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:01 AM
I agree, and I don't even think it's that much of a fluke that Minnesota has beaten them twice. If you have a low-post beast, you're gonna cause problems for Phoenix. It's very easy to pound them inside. There's an old cliche that says titles are won in the paint.

Funny you should say that because it doesn't look like Dampier or Diop will be turning into Kareem anytime soon.

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:03 AM

No it's not a flute, they're just one of those teams that has a good center. It wouldn't be a flute for any team that has a good center. The Suns are good but thin in the middle.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:03 AM
LMAO!

The hatred. The JEALOUSY!!!!

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Funny you should say that because it doesn't look like Dampier or Diop will be turning into Kareem anytime soon.\

It's true we don't get enough points out of the Center position, but you have to defend the paint too. Dampier and Diop do that well.

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Funny you should say that because it doesn't look like Dampier or Diop will be turning into Kareem anytime soon.

Didn't Dampier go on a scoring spree against them too? Or at least he did better than he normally does?

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:06 AM
LMAO!

The hatred. The JEALOUSY!!!!

I do hate the suns but I hate everybody. Fuck the Suns, Fuck the Spurs, Fuck the Mavs, Fuck the Celtics, Fuck the Pistons, and fuck you! Who's next?
:lol

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:06 AM
No it's not a flute, they're just one of those teams that has a good center. It wouldn't be a flute for any team that has a good center. The Suns are good but thin in the middle.

D'Antoni wants to put FIVE scorers on the floor and exploit mismatches. Nobody scores as efficiently as they do, and that's what makes them such a great regular season team because that's a very difficult style to defend against. But D'Antoni has just never committed to putting a guy out there that does the dirty work. Skinner for 25 mpg would really help them out. Amare commits a lot of dumb fouls and he can't help his team sitting on the bench, because he IS a beast at one end of the floor.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I do hate the suns but I hate everybody. Fuck the Suns, Fuck the Spurs, Fuck the Mavs, Fuck the Celtics, Fuck the Pistons, and fuck you! Who's next?

Yeah right.....Laker fans' hatred for the Suns is hilarious.

Go to LakersGround or ClubLakers and you'll always find a topic about how much the Suns suck.

No mention of the Spurs or Mavs or Celtics etc.

Suns Suns Suns Suns....

All the time.

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Didn't Dampier go on a scoring spree against them too? Or at least he did better than he normally does?

He had like 12 points. Double figures! Dude has such stone hands, and very poor court vision, even for a big.

It's hard to pick up on tv sometimes, but I was lucky to sit 7 rows behind the bench for a game at the AAC in November. Mavs were on a fast break and Dampier was in perfect position to finish and Devin made a perfect pass that he fumbled away for a turnover. He wasn't even looking for the pass like he should be there in that situation. And that's happened hundreds of times since we got him. Of course, the flip side of that is that he's so good at getting offensive rebounds or tapping the pass back out to the backcourt to keep possessions alive. He's a very frustrating player to have on your team, because he does so many good things and if he had decent hands, he'd be a 20/10 guy easily.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Suns shot 32 3 pointers tonight. They made 16 of them, incredible.

Unfortunately this style of play doesn't work in a 7-game series. But hey let the Suns keep thinking it will, if they actually were smart and picked up a legit Center they might win something.

da_suns_fan
D'Antoni wants to put FIVE scorers on the floor and exploit mismatches. Nobody scores as efficiently as they do, and that's what makes them such a great regular season team because that's a very difficult style to defend against. But D'Antoni has just never committed to putting a guy out there that does the dirty work. Skinner for 25 mpg would really help them out. Amare commits a lot of dumb fouls and he can't help his team sitting on the bench, because he IS a beast at one end of the floor.

So you got nothing new today, huh?

LakeShow

I know, he's an idiot. I really think that they would be better off starting Skinner. Sure they wont score as many points but at least they could defend the paint once in a while and that is there biggest weakness.

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:11 AM
So you got nothing new today, huh?

Well, the Suns continue to do the same old, same old, so I'll keep pointing out the flaws...

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Suns shot 32 3 pointers tonight. They made 16 of them, incredible.

Unfortunately this style of play doesn't work in a 7-game series. But hey let the Suns keep thinking it will, if they actually were smart and picked up a legit Center they might win something.

Except when they play the Lakers, of course. :lol

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah right.....Laker fans' hatred for the Suns is hilarious.

Go to LakersGround or ClubLakers and you'll always find a topic about how much the Suns suck.

No mention of the Spurs or Mavs or Celtics etc.

Suns Suns Suns Suns....

All the time.

Well that's why I'm here. I really hate the spurs more than any team. I respect them, I respect their fans but they are my least favorite team.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Well, the Suns continue to do the same old, same old, so I'll keep pointing out the flaws...

Hmm...Avery continues to be a control freak. No doubt the Mavs will choke at the first sign of adversity come playoff time (like they do every year).

But you don't see me obsessing over it EVERY DAY.

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:13 AM

Everybody could have beaten the lakers then, so that's no great accomplishment.

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Hmm...Avery continues to be a control freak. No doubt the Mavs will choke at the first sign of adversity come playoff time (like they do every year).

But you don't see me obsessing over it EVERY DAY.

That's right, you have better things to beat into the ground, like how the Spurs are boring and the Suns get good tv ratings...

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:15 AM

LOL, anything would work against last year's Laker team.

Suns have no answer when we start

Kobe
Fisher
Bynum
Ariza
Odom

We whooped your asses twice with our squad at full strength.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Everybody could have beaten the lakers then, so that's no great accomplishment.

Which year? :lol

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
That's right, you have better things to beat into the ground, like how the Spurs are boring and the Suns get good tv ratings...

I never said the Suns get good tv ratings. I said the Spurs get terrible ones. This is undeniable fact.

lefty
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Lefty's best seller : " How to start a feud between Lakers fans and Suns fans " :p:

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I never said the Suns get good tv ratings. I said the Spurs get terrible ones. This is undeniable fact.

Maybe so, but you mentioned this non sequiter about 1,800 times, so I'm beginning to wonder if you have Asperger's or something...

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Which year? :lol

Every year Smush Parker was the starting guard.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:20 AM
LOL, anything would work against last year's Laker team.

Suns have no answer when we start

Kobe
Fisher
Bynum
Ariza
Odom

We whooped your asses twice with our squad at full strength.

Whats this "We"? Are you a Lakers fan then? Why does it say "San Antonio Spurs" for favorite team?

We just owned you guys...what? A week ago? I hope your really not pinning all your hopes on a twenty year old with a bum knee.

Even if he comes back at full strength, its the exact same team that got their collective ASSES handed to them last year in the first round.

You guys do have Fisher, but that didn't stop Nash from getting twenty freaking assists.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh...I need to get with the times...he changed it!

DazedAndConfused finally came out of the closet as a Lakers fan!

Of course, now he can't pretend to be an "unbiased" Spurs fan and argue with everyone on the main board that the Lakers in 2000-2002 were better than the current Spurs. :lol

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Whats this "We"? Are you a Lakers fan then? Why does it say "San Antonio Spurs" for favorite team?

We just owned you guys...what? A week ago? I hope your really not pinning all your hopes on a twenty year old with a bum knee.

Even if he comes back at full strength, its the exact same team that got their collective ASSES handed to them last year in the first round.

You guys do have Fisher, but that didn't stop Nash from getting twenty freaking assists.

Damn, ok you beat a depleted team. You got beat down both times when the Lakers were at full strength. You better pray for injuries to the lakers if they meet, otherwise they smoke the suns in 5.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Maybe so, but you mentioned this non sequiter about 1,800 times, so I'm beginning to wonder if you have Asperger's or something...

Well for everytime I've brought it up, a Spurs fan has claimed that the Spurs or Duncan are viewed as "boring" because they play in a smaller tv market.

:rolleyes

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM

Except it's not the same team. In fact it's not even close to the same team. How many times do we need to tell you that?

Last year's team

PG: Smush Parker
SG: Kobe
SF: Walton
PF: Odom
C: Kwame

This year's team

PG: Derek Fisher
SF: Ariza
C: Bynum

See that's 3 FUCKING STARTERS DIFFERENT YOU MORON. I have no problem with you believing the Suns are a better team, but stop spouting these outright lies.

Findog
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Well for everytime I've brought it up, a Spurs fan has claimed that the Spurs or Duncan are viewed as "boring" because they play in a smaller tv market.

:rolleyes

Again, these are things that don't interest me. I'd rather talk hoops.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Damn, ok you beat a depleted team. You got beat down both times when the Lakers were at full strength. You better pray for injuries to the lakers if they meet, otherwise they smoke the suns in 5.

Really? Laker fans have been drinking that purple kool-aid by the gallon lately.

The Lakers are going to beat the Suns FOUR times in a seven game series?

Its just not gonna happen.

Hey, but don't worry. You guys are gonna get KG, right? :lol

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Really? Laker fans have been drinking that purple kool-aid by the gallon lately.

The Lakers are going to beat the Suns FOUR times in a seven game series?

Its just not gonna happen.

Hey, but don't worry. You guys are gonna get KG, right? :lol

If healthy I do not see why not. They can pound that paint on the suns, the suns wont be able to stop them.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Except it's not the same team. In fact it's not even close to the same team. How many times do we need to tell you that?

Last year's team

PG: Smush Parker
SF: Walton
C: Kwame

This year's team

PG: Derek Fisher
SF: Ariza
C: Bynum

See that's 3 FUCKING STARTERS DIFFERENT YOU MORON. I have no problem with you believing the Suns are a better team, but stop spouting these outright lies.

Didn't Nash just light up Derek Fisher? 20 assists!

Thats slightly less than Nash put up in game four of last year (when he nearly broke the playoff record).

Ariza?

Seriously?

Thats actually kind of refreshing. No need to worry about the Lakers. They're starting Ariza. :lol

Bynum is an upgrade over Kwame Brown, but he still won't make a difference against the West's elite.

He's still too raw. Of course, by time he's developed into a complete player, Kobe will be done.

lefty
01-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Damn I created a mess !!!! :fight :fight

:lmao :lmao

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:35 AM
If healthy I do not see why not. They can pound that paint on the suns, the suns wont be able to stop them.

Thats brilliant!!!

Why didn't the Lakers do this last year?

Or the year before?

I thought your coach was suppose to be smart? Maybe you guys should hire Greg Popovic.

He's the only coach who has beaten the Nash/Amare combo in the playoffs. Of course, he got help from Stern last year.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:36 AM
LOL da_suns_fan isn't even worth responding to. I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. All I can say is fuck the Suns, fuck the Mavs, fuck the Spurs, fuck Popovich's ugly ass acne scarred face, fuck Ginobli's disgusting broken ass nose, and fuck Steve Nash's ugly face. I'm out. :)

For the record.

Phil Jackson = 9 rings
D'Antoni = 0 rings

STFU.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:40 AM
LOL da_suns_fan isn't even worth responding to. I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. All I can say is fuck the Suns, fuck the Mavs, fuck the Spurs, fuck Popovich's ugly ass acne scarred face, fuck Ginobli's disgusting broken ass nose, and fuck Steve Nash's ugly face. I'm out. :)

If you look at thsi guy's post history, you will see him pretend to be a Spurs fan for that last few months.

He even through in some random posts where he would encourage the Spurs in the game threads.

I picked up that he was actually a Lakers fan and exposed him about a week ago (his endless anti-Suns rhetoric gave him away).

Man, I love SpursTalk. :lol

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:42 AM

For the record.

Phil Jackson = 9 rings
D'Antoni = 0 rings

STFU.

Phil Jackson with out Shaq or Jordan: ZERO rings.

Phil Jackson playoff record vs. Mike D'Antoni: 0-2 (.000)

Is D'Antoni the Phil Jackson's kryptonite?

Discuss.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:42 AM
If you look at thsi guy's post history, you will see him pretend to be a Spurs fan for that last few months.

He even through in some random posts where he would encourage the Spurs in the game threads.

I picked up that he was actually a Lakers fan and exposed him about a week ago (his endless anti-Suns rhetoric gave him away).

Man, I love SpursTalk. :lol

Or maybe when I signed up I overlooked the fact that you could select what team you represent? Nah, that just makes too much sense.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Or maybe when I signed up I overlooked the fact that you could select what team you represent? Nah, that just makes too much sense.

Really, why did you cheer on the Spurs in their game threads, then?

Why don't you just admit that you got exposed? The evidence is in your post history. Its quite obvious you were pretending to be a Spurs fan. Too bad I saw right through you, huh? :lol

btw - I thought you were "out"?

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Phil Jackson with out Shaq or Jordan: ZERO rings.

Phil Jackson playoff record vs. Mike D'Antoni: 0-2 (.000)

Is D'Antoni the Phil Jackson's kryptonite?

Discuss.

Your just an idiot. You need talent to win in the NBA. Those Laker teams had no talent. Now we do, and that's why we beat you 2-0. You can't beat us when we are full strength and you know it, the only wins you can get are when we have no Bynum. With Bynum we can exploit you like the T-Wolves did twice.

RonMexico
01-26-2008, 01:46 AM
I liked his aside in the article: "How does one do so little and earn so much time?" The real question is: why is D'Antoni playing anyone on the team over 31 mins per game in the first place!

Shred
01-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Lakers = Suns' bitch.

Nash2Amare
01-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I mean no disrespect, but the Lakers have the personell to exploit the weaknesses of the Suns. If Andrew Bynum can get himself into playing shape by the playoffs there is really nobody on the Suns that can handle him. There is a very good reason why the Suns lost to a horrid Minnesota team twice this year, and yes it will be a huge problem for the Suns come playoff time if they don't address it.

Yawn. Prove it in the playoffs, not two meaningless November and December wins.

Nash2Amare
01-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Your just an idiot. You need talent to win in the NBA. Those Laker teams had no talent. Now we do, and that's why we beat you 2-0. You can't beat us when we are full strength and you know it, the only wins you can get are when we have no Bynum. With Bynum we can exploit you like the T-Wolves did twice.
We can't beat you when you guys are full strength? Sure we haven't done it this year, but that is one funny ass statement. Cocky after two early season games. Acting like Bynum is Tim Duncan or something... :lol gtfo

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM

You can have Bynum. He's got a long way to go before he'll make the difference between a 4-1 series defeat and a victory.

Laker fans should be more concerned about just making the playoffs. They're three games away from the 9th seed after having just dropped three of four and they're about to play an absurd amount of road games.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Why the HELL would the Suns trade their only above average defender?

Trade. Amare.

That is the ONLY way this team will win a championship.

You CANNOT win a title, EVER, with glaring holes in the defense at the 1 and 5 position. Those are the two most necessary positions to have a good defender in. The Suns lack both. So they'll address that by trading Marion, one of the best 3 defenders in the game?

Wtf.

Findog
01-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree that Marion ordinarily wouldn't be the one sent packing, but he seems to be going through the motions lately. He had the game-winner last night, but I think he attempted four shots total. WTF?

Cry Havoc
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree that Marion ordinarily wouldn't be the one sent packing, but he seems to be going through the motions lately. He had the game-winner last night, but I think he attempted four shots total. WTF?

Get a post defender who doesn't need a lot of shots (Delambert springs to mind), make Marion the co #1 option with Nash, and I bet he's a lot happier.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
We can't beat you when you guys are full strength? Sure we haven't done it this year, but that is one funny ass statement. Cocky after two early season games. Acting like Bynum is Tim Duncan or something... :lol gtfo

Instead of calling me an idiot, why don't you try refuting what I'm saying? Those who don't have a good argument will usually resort to name-calling.

The key to beating the Suns is to control the boards and pound them in the paint. There is a damn good reason the T-Wolves beat you twice and even the lowly Clippers managed to steal a game. You also lost to Miami as well. They each have a dominant interior presence (Al Jefferson, Kaman, and Shaq).

I'm simply pointing out that Bynum is the type of player that can and will expose the weaknesses of the Suns. He doesn't have to be Tim Duncan to do that. All he needs to do is crash the offensive glass and dunk the damn ball off of lobs, which he can do very well since he is #2 in the league in dunks behind Dwight Howard. Amare cannot contain him, we saw him get into foul trouble both games. So given all these factors I just don't see how the Suns can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series, you haven't done it in two tries and I see nothing that makes me believe you will in the playoffs.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Why the HELL would the Suns trade their only above average defender?

Trade. Amare.

That is the ONLY way this team will win a championship.

You CANNOT win a title, EVER, with glaring holes in the defense at the 1 and 5 position. Those are the two most necessary positions to have a good defender in. The Suns lack both. So they'll address that by trading Marion, one of the best 3 defenders in the game?

Wtf.

Exactly, unfortunately your friends don't seem to get it.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Instead of calling me an idiot, why don't you try refuting what I'm saying? Those who don't have a good argument will usually resort to name-calling.

The key to beating the Suns is to control the boards and pound them in the paint. There is a damn good reason the T-Wolves beat you twice and even the lowly Clippers managed to steal a game. You also lost to Miami as well. They each have a dominant interior presence (Al Jefferson, Kaman, and Shaq).

I'm simply pointing out that Bynum is the type of player that can and will expose the weaknesses of the Suns. He doesn't have to be Tim Duncan to do that. All he needs to do is crash the offensive glass and dunk the damn ball off of lobs, which he can do very well since he is #2 in the league in dunks behind Dwight Howard. Amare cannot contain him, we saw him get into foul trouble both games. So given all these factors I just don't see how the Suns can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series, you haven't done it in two tries and I see nothing that makes me believe you will in the playoffs.

Actually we HAVE done it in two tries....both times! :lol

Of course, the second game of the season is always a good indication of how two teams will play each other in the playoffs. Especially since Amare subsequently took a couple weeks off because he realized he came back from surgery too quickly.

Remember the first game of the season last year? The Lakers blew out the Suns and for MONTHS we saw "Suns can't beat us, we're better than them and we PROVED it on opening night".

Then the Suns eliminated the Lakers without breaking a sweat in the first round. :lol

The Lakers will fold like a tortilla just like last year.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 05:15 PM

Of course, the second game of the season is always a good indication of how two teams will play each other in the playoffs. Especially since Amare subsequently took a couple weeks off because he realized he came back from surgery too quickly.

Remember the first game of the season last year? The Lakers blew out the Suns and for MONTHS we saw "Suns can't beat us, we're better than them and we PROVED it on opening night".

Then the Suns eliminated the Lakers without breaking a sweat in the first round. :lol

Again you provide no substantive refutal to any of my points. How are you going to stop Bynum from wreaking havok on the offensive glass? What will you do when Amare gets into early foul trouble? Stop comparing previous Laker teams to this one, they arent even close to the same. That's like me saying the Lakers will beat the Spurs because Shaq&Kobe did a couple years ago.

You can't out-offense your way through the playoffs. Defense wins rings. Name me one run-n-gun team that has ever won a ring.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2008, 05:36 PM

Is this a Suns fan talking about other teams folding?

You guys have had 3 all-stars on your team for the past 5 years, the MVP of the league for the past two. How've they done together, hmm? You guys doing... you guys doing good? Lots of post-season success, hmm? Lots of championships? Yes? Lots of finals' MVPs and trophies? Lots of parades and parties and players jumping up and down at the end of the season? Yes? You've had all this, right?

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Again you provide no substantive refutal to any of my points. How are you going to stop Bynum from wreaking havok on the offensive glass? What will you do when Amare gets into early foul trouble? Stop comparing previous Laker teams to this one, they arent even close to the same. That's like me saying the Lakers will beat the Spurs because Shaq&Kobe did a couple years ago.

You can't out-offense your way through the playoffs. Defense wins rings. Name me one run-n-gun team that has ever won a ring.

Really? Who's on the team now that wasn't on the team last year or the year before?

Derek Fisher? :lol

Sounds to me like your resting all your hopes on a twenty year old that had ONE good game against the Suns!

ONE!

btw - There used to be a team called "showtime" that won a few rings running the ball.

But that doesn't matter, anyway. All that matters is if the Suns can beat the other teams in the league in a seven game series.

Against the Lakers, the obvious answer is "yes". They've proven they're far superior in the playoffs the last two years.

I don't doubt they can beat the Mavs. They're one of the few teams in which everyone on our roster plays exceptional against.

The question is the Spurs. They don't match particularly well (especially Marion). However, the addition of Grant Hill might have a bigger impact than most think. The Suns will be able to punish the Spurs for putting Bowen on Nash. Grant Hill will be able to torch Tony Parker much better than James Jones could.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Really? Who's on the team now that wasn't on the team last year or the year before?

Derek Fisher? :lol

Sounds to me like your resting all your hopes on a twenty year old that had ONE good game against the Suns!

ONE!

btw - There used to be a team called "showtime" that won a few rings running the ball.

But that doesn't matter, anyway. All that matters is if the Suns can beat the other teams in the league in a seven game series.

Against the Lakers, the obvious answer is "yes". They've proven they're far superior in the playoffs the last two years.

I don't doubt they can beat the Mavs. They're one of the few teams in which everyone on our roster plays exceptional against.

The question is the Spurs. They don't match particularly well (especially Marion). However, the addition of Grant Hill might have a bigger impact than most think. The Suns will be able to punish the Spurs for putting Bowen on Nash. Grant Hill will be able to torch Tony Parker much better than James Jones could.

Derek Fisher, Trevor Ariza, and Andrew Bynum are all in the starting lineup. That's 3 players changed out of 5. Nice try. Fisher >>>> Smush, Bynum >>>>> Kwame. And you can ask your friend Grant Hill all about Trevor Ariza, I believe he was on the receiving end of one of the worst facials I've ever seen.

And don't you ever bring up the Showtime Lakers in comparison to your weak ass Suns. They actually had a top 10 defense in the league you fucking idiot.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Is this a Suns fan talking about other teams folding?

You guys have had 3 all-stars on your team for the past 5 years, the MVP of the league for the past two. How've they done together, hmm? You guys doing... you guys doing good? Lots of post-season success, hmm? Lots of championships? Yes? Lots of finals' MVPs and trophies? Lots of parades and parties and players jumping up and down at the end of the season? Yes? You've had all this, right?

Seriously, the biggest whiners are the ones who have never tasted victory. Enjoy your empty trophy case kid.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Seriously, the biggest whiners are the ones who have never tasted victory. Enjoy your empty trophy case kid.

You can always tell the contenders because they actually face their weaknesses rather than just hoping that this year will be different and bitching people out for talking about their weaknesses.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Derek Fisher, Trevor Ariza, and Andrew Bynum are all in the starting lineup. That's 3 players changed out of 5. Nice try. Fisher >>>> Smush, Bynum >>>>> Kwame. And you can ask your friend Grant Hill all about Trevor Ariza, I believe he was on the receiving end of one of the worst facials I've ever seen.

And don't you ever bring up the Showtime Lakers in comparison to your weak ass Suns. They actually had a top 10 defense in the league you fucking idiot.

Thats not a very good starting lineup.

Ariza?!!!

SERIOUSLY??!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yay for Ariza and his dunk!

What an upgrade! Those five points and three rebounds he brings might not seem like much, but at least he might get a nice dunk!

And Derek Fisher is Nash's bitch every bit as much as Smush was.

Well, Nash did only get twenty assists against "D-Fish" as opposed to the twenty-three he got against Smush, so maybe not QUITE as much of Nash's bitch.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 08:34 PM
You can always tell the contenders because they actually face their weaknesses rather than just hoping that this year will be different and bitching people out for talking about their weaknesses.

Get off your high horse. See what happens when you mention that the Spurs are slow and offensively challenged on the main discussion board (they're struggling to just reach ninety these days).

btw - Tony Turnover's assist to turnover ratio is last among starting point guards.

Just FYI.

Funny how you never mentioned him named among the best point guards in the league anymore like you did at the start of the season.

What happened?!!

Cry Havoc
01-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Get off your high horse. See what happens when you mention that the Spurs are slow and offensively challenged on the main discussion board (they're struggling to just reach ninety these days).

btw - Tony Turnover's assist to turnover ratio is last among starting point guards.

Just FYI.

Funny how you never mentioned him named among the best point guards in the league anymore like you did at the start of the season.

What happened?!!

You mean my high horse of FOUR RINGS? :lmao That's not a horse. That's a testament.

He's been more effective after his injury than Nash was after his nose got owned by Tony's forehead in the playoffs.

Enjoy your regular season success with no defense. :music

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Suns = Lakers bitch.

Fixed!

Let's put this in perspective. You've defeated the Lakers in rebuilding years. Good Job but you will forever be inferior to the Lakers.

Phoenix Suns

Playoff Appearances: 27
Overall Playoff Record: 120-128
Western Conference Championships- 3
NBA Championships: 0

Los Angeles Lakers

Playoff Appearances: 55
Overall Playoff Record: 383-258
Western Conference Championships- 28
NBA Championships: 14 (1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980,
1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002)

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Fixed!

Let's put this in perspective. You've defeated the Lakers in rebuilding years. Good Job but you will forever be inferior to the Lakers.

Phoenix Suns

Playoff Appearances: 27
Overall Playoff Record: 120-128
Western Conference Championships- 3
NBA Championships: 0

Los Angeles Lakers

Playoff Appearances: 55
Overall Playoff Record: 383-258
Western Conference Championships- 28
NBA Championships: 14 (1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980,
1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002)

Game. Set. Match.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Do you any clue how easy this is for me? Could you seriously not see that I was baiting you?

Just FYI.

What happened?!!

You mean my high horse of FOUR RINGS? :lmao That's not a horse. That's a testament.

He's been more effective after his injury than Nash was after his nose got owned by Tony's forehead in the playoffs.

Enjoy your regular season success with no defense. :music

Playing Cry Havoc like an old banjo!!! :lol

:owned

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Game. Set. Match.

Great!

So when is Magic and James Worthy suiting up again? I hope soon because the current Lakers can't even make it out of the first round. :lol

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Spurs at 72 points with 3 minutes to go. Currently getting SPANKED by the Hornets.

I think the Spurs' window of opportunity might have just been slammed shut by father time.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Lakers were in rebuilding mode those years, nobody expected them to get out of the 1st round. We have a team that can compete now and well into the future. We are the 2nd youngest team in the NBA and Kobe is still only 29 years old. Bynum is 20, Farmar is 20, Crittenton is 19. I don't think we are good enough to win it all this year, but we'll get past the 1st round no doubt and spank the Suns if we play them. Next year though, watch out.

The Suns, OTOH, are done if they don't win this year (which they wont). Nash is 34, Amare's knees are going to be suspect his whole career, Marion is old, Hill is beyond old, etc. No bench, no young talent outside of Barbosa. There is no future for the Suns if they don't win this year, they will have to scrap everything and rebuild again.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Lakers were in rebuilding mode those years, nobody expected them to get out of the 1st round. We have a team that can compete now and well into the future. We are the 2nd youngest team in the NBA and Kobe is still only 29 years old. Bynum is 20, Farmar is 20, Crittenton is 19. I don't think we are good enough to win it all this year, but we'll get past the 1st round no doubt and spank the Suns if we play them. Next year though, watch out.

The Suns, OTOH, are done if they don't win this year (which they wont). Nash is 34, Amare's knees are going to be suspect his whole career, Marion is old, Hill is beyond old, etc. No bench, no young talent outside of Barbosa. There is no future for the Suns if they don't win this year, they will have to scrap everything and rebuild again.

Laugh my fucking ass off.

So Kobe is "only" 29 but Marion is "old"?

Marion is 29 as well. :lol

It just keeps getting easier and easier with you.

Bynum, Farmar and Crittenon?

Amare, Barbosa and Diaw. Our young core is far superior.

Game over, I win.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 10:47 PM

Game over, I win.

Nash is the lifeblood of the Suns and the only reason they are a relatively good team, when he goes so do the Suns.

Nash = 34. Kobe = 29. Game over. I win.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Nash is the lifeblood of the Suns and the only reason they are a relatively good team, when he goes so do the Suns.

Nash = 34. Kobe = 29. Game over. I win.

Wait, so Marion's not old anymore? What about Amare? Barbosa? Diaw?

They also got the Hawks number one pick next year. No doubt it will turn out to be a better player that Crittenon (i don't know if i spelled his name right but he's too irrelevant to even look up).

btw - I should sue you for plagarism for that last part.

Its a good idea though. Just try to write what I write. Take notes. You might learn something. :lol

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Wait, so Marion's not old anymore? What about Amare? Barbosa? Diaw?

They also got the Hawks number one pick next year. No doubt it will turn out to be a better player that Crittenon (i don't know if i spelled his name right but he's too irrelevant to even look up).

btw - I should sue you for plagarism for that last part.

Its a good idea though. Just try to write what I write. Take notes. You might learn something. :lol

The Hawks are #7 in the EC (i.e. they are a playoff team). That draft pick won't be worth shit. Go home and play in your sandbox kid, this is embarrassing.

So are you honestly saying the Suns are still going to be a good team when Nash retires in a year or two? Please I want to get this on record. Your GM Steve Kerr is just waiting to pull the trigger to ship your boy Amare out and you can bet your ass he will be gone this off-season when the Suns get eliminated in the playoffs yet again. The Suns are playing for a one-off championship right now, their team is in no way built for the future. D'Antoni has spent no effort to develop that bench because he doesn't give a shit about the future.

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 11:02 PM

Game over, I win.

I don't know why you're laughing. That's scoreboard! End of discussion! You're a legend in your own mind! It's cool though,..
:toast

I'm going to tell you why the suns continue to play the game like they do. Because they know if they go to a more tradition style, that Nash will be exploited badly on Defense. You're no different than the old Mavericks who played the same way in Dallas. You're great entertainment, because you always allow the other team (no matter the team) a great offensive showing as well. Fun to watch! You're like Ringling Brothers, a circus! As far as winning a title, It'll never happen!

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't know why you're laughing. That's scoreboard! End of discussion! You're a legend in your own mind! It's cool though,..
:toast

I'm going to tell you why the suns continue to play the game like they do. Because they know if they go to a more tradition style, that Nash will be exploited badly on Defense. You're no different than the old Mavericks who played the same way in Dallas. You're great entertainment, because you always allow the other team (no matter the team) a great offensive showing as well. Fun to watch! You're like Ringling Brothers, a circus! As far as winning a title, It'll never happen!

Scoreboard.

Do you know what that expression means? That means the score on the "board" ends the argument.

That is, my team defeated yours and thats the end of the argument over who's better.

But the Suns have eliminated the Lakers the last two years and have even won their last game against each other.

Scoreboard?

For the Suns, yeah. If there's any team the Suns have owned the past three years, its the Lakers. I don't even have to look it up. The Suns have more victories over the Lakers the last three plus seasons than any other team in the NBA.

Suns definatley have scoreboard over Philly J. and Kobeys.

Come back when you got a clue.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
The Hawks are #7 in the EC (i.e. they are a playoff team). That draft pick won't be worth shit. Go home and play in your sandbox kid, this is embarrassing.

So are you honestly saying the Suns are still going to be a good team when Nash retires in a year or two? Please I want to get this on record. Your GM Steve Kerr is just waiting to pull the trigger to ship your boy Amare out and you can bet your ass he will be gone this off-season when the Suns get eliminated in the playoffs yet again. The Suns are playing for a one-off championship right now, their team is in no way built for the future. D'Antoni has spent no effort to develop that bench because he doesn't give a shit about the future.

LMAO!

DazedAndConfused has completely abandoned his "Lakers are better than Suns" argument after getting spanked worse than the Lakers vs. Suns in last years playoffs and has now decided to go with the "Lakers will be better than the Suns SOMEDAY!"

Well, I don't know when Nash is going to retire but I doubt it will be in a year or two. My guess is he'll play into his late 30s with the way he's playing right now.

The best part is that he's not that dependant on his athleticism like Kobe is. We'll probably see a dropoff from Kobe before we see one from Nash.

The Hawks pick will definately be a better player than Crittenon (again, don't care how to correctly spell his name) whether its a lottery pick or not.

Isn't he one third of your FUTURE?

Ugh. The future doesn't look bright for the Lakers at all, does it?

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
The Lakers were in rebuilding mode, while the Suns were trying to contend. When we are at full strength we'll own you like NOH has owned you this year. Remember when NOH beat you on the road on a back-to-back?

At least we haven't lost to the T-Wolves twice, the Clippers, and the Heat. What kind of contending team does that?

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
LMAO!

DazedAndConfused has completely abandoned his "Lakers are better than Suns" argument after getting spanked worse than the Lakers vs. Suns in last years playoffs and has now decided to go with the "Lakers will be better than the Suns SOMEDAY!"

Well, I don't know when Nash is going to retire but I doubt it will be in a year or two. My guess is he'll play into his late 30s with the way he's playing right now.

The best part is that he's not that dependant on his athleticism like Kobe is. We'll probably see a dropoff from Kobe before we see one from Nash.

The Hawks pick will definately be a better player than Crittenon (again, don't care how to correctly spell his name) whether its a lottery pick or not.

Now I think you're just arguing for arguing sake. Clearly you cannot believe what you type.

LMAO, Nash isn't dependent on his athleticism? Have you looked at your team.....all you do is RUN! You don't play a half court offense you moron.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
LMAO!

HAHA, your cheap ass owner will sell that pick again. Face it, Suns management has no interest in building for the future. As Nash goes so do the Suns.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
The Lakers were in rebuilding mode, while the Suns were trying to contend. When we are at full strength we'll own you like NOH has owned you this year. Remember when NOH beat you on the road on a back-to-back?

At least we haven't lost to the T-Wolves twice, the Clippers, and the Heat. What kind of contending team does that?

LMAO.

Oh my god! The Suns lost to some crappy teams that they had no excuse for losing to and they STILL have a better record than the Lakers!

LakeShow
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Scoreboard.

Do you know what that expression means? That means the score on the "board" ends the argument.

That is, my team defeated yours and thats the end of the argument over who's better.

But the Suns have eliminated the Lakers the last two years and have even won their last game against each other.

Scoreboard?

For the Suns, yeah. If there's any team the Suns have owned the past three years, its the Lakers. I don't even have to look it up. The Suns have more victories over the Lakers the last three plus seasons than any other team in the NBA.

Suns definatley have scoreboard over Philly J. and Kobeys.

Come back when you got a clue.

Ok, when I get a clue on what it is you're trying to prove, i'll come back because what you're talking about is so insignificant that I don't even see the reason to spend much time on it. I could see if by beating the lakers you won a title or something but you did nothing each time you beat them. It's no debate that the Suns were the better team back then but this is a new day. The Lakers have a better team than the suns in my opinion. I say yes, you say no. Cool, we'll just have to wait and see who's right.

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Right we all know that regular season records translate into championships don't we?

How many 60 win seasons is it going to take for you to realize your style of basketball will never amount to anything in the playoffs?

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Now I think you're just arguing for arguing sake. Clearly you cannot believe what you type.

LMAO, Nash isn't dependent on his athleticism? Have you looked at your team.....all you do is RUN! You don't play a half court offense you moron.

Wow...getting a little testy, aren't ya?

Youre drowning in this argument. Absolutely drowning!

Its been repeated endlessly and endlessly that Nash isn't that great of an athlete. Sometimes I read it (see Seven Seconds or Less where there is an entire book practically dedicated to Nash) and think "Yes..yes...we know...Nash's isnt' that great of an athlete blah blah blah".

Yet here's the proof that some people really are clueless.

How many times have you seen Nash dunk D&C? How many times have you seen him block a shot?

Tell me D&C, which point guard in this league is Nash superior too "athletically"?

Tony Parker? Deron Williams? Chris Paul? Devon Harris? Jason Kidd? Allen Iverson? Gilbert Arenas?

No dancing around this question. I want an answer! Who is Nash more athletic than?

While you think about that, think about this: even though he's not that athletic, he still unanimously viewed as the greatest PG in the game (and one of the greatest of all time). Like Stockton, he doesn't need crazy athleticism to be exceptional and, like Stockton, he'll have a very long career.

Now then, which point guard is NOT a superior athlete than Nash?

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Wow...getting a little testy, aren't ya?

Youre drowning in this argument. Absolutely drowning!

Its been repeated endlessly and endlessly that Nash isn't that great of an athlete. Sometimes I read it (see Seven Seconds or Less where there is an entire book practically dedicated to Nash) and think "Yes..yes...we know...Nash's isnt' that great of an athlete blah blah blah".

Yet here's the proof that some people really are clueless.

How many times have you seen Nash dunk D&C? How many times have you seen him block a shot?

Tell me D&C, which point guard in this league is Nash superior too "athletically"?

Tony Parker? Deron Williams? Chris Paul? Devon Harris? Jason Kidd? Allen Iverson? Gilbert Arenas?

No dancing around this question. I want an answer! Who is he more athletic than Nash?

While you think about that, think about this: even though he's not that athletic, he still unanimously viewed as the greatest PG in the game (and one of the greatest of all time). Like Stockton, he doesn't need crazy athleticism to be exceptional and, like Stockton, he'll have a very long career.

Now then, which point guard is NOT a superior athlete than Nash?

He won't be able to keep up endurance wise with the system you run when he gets into his late 30's. He already has back problems that will no doubt get worse as he ages. It's foolish of you to think Nash can give you the kind of production he's giving you right now for the next 3-4 years.

Then again, you are foolish.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 11:50 PM
He won't be able to keep up endurance wise with the system you run when he gets into his late 30's. He already has back problems that will no doubt get worse as he ages. It's foolish of you to think Nash can give you the kind of production he's giving you right now for the next 3-4 years.

Then again, you are foolish.

No, no, no!!! :nope

Youre dancing around the question! :lol

Which point guard is Nash a superior athlete than? I want an answer!

btw - Marc Cuban made that same argument in a ridiculously long blog around four years ago. He's still waiting for Nash to "break down to his kamikazee style".

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 12:04 AM
No, no, no!!! :nope

Youre dancing around the question! :lol

Which point guard is Nash a superior athlete than? I want an answer!

btw - Marc Cuban made that same argument in a ridiculously long blog around four years ago. He's still waiting for Nash to "break down to his kamikazee style".

The fact is you aren't winning championships now with Nash in his prime. In 3-4 years he won't be as good as he is now, to believe so is completely ridiculous.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2008, 12:14 AM
The fact is you aren't winning championships now with Nash in his prime. In 3-4 years he won't be as good as he is now, to believe so is completely ridiculous.

Three or four years? Two posts ago you said he would retire in one or two!!!

Im glad Ive changed your opinion.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2008, 02:59 AM

Three or four years? Two posts ago you said he would retire in one or two!!!

Im glad Ive changed your opinion.

Suns = 0 titles.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 05:24 AM
Give the Laker fans a happier Kobe and 70% FG from the center position and they won't stop posting on here. Wait until Kwame starts at C full-time and gets booed off the court.

DazedAndConfused
01-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Give the Laker fans a happier Kobe and 70% FG from the center position and they won't stop posting on here. Wait until Kwame starts at C full-time and gets booed off the court.

Why would Kwame ever start at C full-time? The only reason he is starting is because both Bynum and Mihm are out. When Bynum comes back he starts.

After this season, Kwame will be cut. Lakers are bringing in Gasol's brother Marc from the Spanish leagues to serve as backup Center.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Ohhh Looooord look at these Suns fans thinking they own the Lakers.

14 > 0 :elephant :elephant :elephant

Nothing else matters. And the funny thing is that the Suns can't even beat the T-Wolves. Great showing for a team that has "Championship" aspirations. When the Lakers get healthy they will pound the Suns like the little bitches they are. Bynum will just stomp all over the Suns midget frontcourt. This will actually be classic and Spurstalk will see a meltdown of Suns fans that will rival Mavs fans of last year.

I just can't wait. :smokin :hungry: :hungry:

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Why would Kwame ever start at C full-time? The only reason he is starting is because both Bynum and Mihm are out. When Bynum comes back he starts.

After this season, Kwame will be cut. Lakers are bringing in Gasol's brother Marc from the Spanish leagues to serve as backup Center.

It's still funny that Kwame was declared the starter at the beginning of this year and his injury prompted Bynum's promotion to starter.

Don't forget that he's still pretty immature and Phil has had to bring him down a few notches.

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
lol @ suns fans going at lakers fans.

lakers have a wayyyy better chance of winning a championship than the suns because of one reason.

-Mars

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
It's still funny that Kwame was declared the starter at the beginning of this year and his injury prompted Bynum's promotion to starter.

Don't forget that he's still pretty immature and Phil has had to bring him down a few notches.

:lol :lol at Ron over here thinking Bynum is some type of bum or average center. Face it he's gonna be the Next Great Laker Center. Get used to him stomping on your frontcourt as long as you keep the same team and style of play. You'd think that you'd realize by now that bigs win Championships in the NBA.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 09:37 PM
:lol :lol at Ron over here thinking Bynum is some type of bum or average center. Face it he's gonna be the Next Great Laker Center. Get used to him stomping on your frontcourt as long as you keep the same team and style of play. You'd think that you'd realize by now that bigs win Championships in the NBA.

He's on my fantasy team... so I know he's good and I'm not hating.

I just think it's hilarious that Kwame was the starter at the beginning of the season because it's pretty obvious that Kwame is terrible, so I don't know what Phil was thinking.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 10:07 PM
He's on my fantasy team... so I know he's good and I'm not hating.

I just think it's hilarious that Kwame was the starter at the beginning of the season because it's pretty obvious that Kwame is terrible, so I don't know what Phil was thinking.

Phil plays massive mind games. That's just his style. And what can you say it works. 9 Rings proves it. A way to fire him up and make him earn his playing time. He really doesn't care about regular season games, sometimes I wish he would care more. But what can you do, it works.

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Phil plays massive mind games. That's just his style. And what can you say it works. 9 Rings proves it. A way to fire him up and make him earn his playing time. He really doesn't care about regular season games, sometimes I wish he would care more. But what can you do, it works.

He seemed fairly peeved about losing today... especially when they had comfortable leads on a team with 1 offensive weapon.

He's also fined Bynum continually for being late to games... I still think he has another year before he's fully matured, but there is no doubting his talent.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 10:39 PM
He seemed fairly peeved about losing today... especially when they had comfortable leads on a team with 1 offensive weapon.

He's also fined Bynum continually for being late to games... I still think he has another year before he's fully matured, but there is no doubting his talent.

:dramaquee Oh Ron, once again with the continually being late to games. I remember you questioning his work ethic last year. How'd that turn out?

Only game he was late their was a massive accident on the 405. Shut down traffic for hours including sidestreets. If you know L.A. you know how ugly traffic can get. No excuse, but it's what happened. So I don't know where you get this habitual tardiness.

I agree he's not fully matured, which is actually a scary thing for suns fans. He will be much better in the coming years. And props to you for noticing his talent. I wouldn't want you to miss the boat again like you did with Rudy Gay.

And trust me he doesn't care nearly enough about regular season games. Or else he wouldn't sit certain players and refuse to call timeouts. And when you're talking about a team with 1 offensive weapon, are you sure you're talking about the Cavs and not the Lakers??

RonMexico
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM
:dramaquee Oh Ron, once again with the continually being late to games. I remember you questioning his work ethic last year. How'd that turn out?

Only game he was late their was a massive accident on the 405. Shut down traffic for hours including sidestreets. If you know L.A. you know how ugly traffic can get. No excuse, but it's what happened. So I don't know where you get this habitual tardiness.

I agree he's not fully matured, which is actually a scary thing for suns fans. He will be much better in the coming years. And props to you for noticing his talent. I wouldn't want you to miss the boat again like you did with Rudy Gay.

And trust me he doesn't care nearly enough about regular season games. Or else he wouldn't sit certain players and refuse to call timeouts. And when you're talking about a team with 1 offensive weapon, are you sure you're talking about the Cavs and not the Lakers??

Rudy Gay matured a lot more quickly than I anticipated. At least I was right about Tyrus Thomas and knew Aldridge would be better. I think Ivaroni relates to the young guys and that explains why him and Conley are playing very well. I don't think Rudy Gay and Jeff Van Gundy would have gotten along, so at the time, it was better for the Rockets.

Kwame Brown is a huge offensive weapon, so we know that's a lie.

Questioning his work ethic worked out very well for me last year since the Suns beat the Lakers in round 1.

Purple & Gold
01-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Rudy Gay matured a lot more quickly than I anticipated. At least I was right about Tyrus Thomas and knew Aldridge would be better. I think Ivaroni relates to the young guys and that explains why him and Conley are playing very well. I don't think Rudy Gay and Jeff Van Gundy would have gotten along, so at the time, it was better for the Rockets.

Kwame Brown is a huge offensive weapon, so we know that's a lie.

Questioning his work ethic worked out very well for me last year since the Suns beat the Lakers in round 1.

Saying "matured a lot more quickly than I anticipated" is basically saying you knew he would be a boderline to All-Star type of player. So I figure you thought he wouldn't help T-Mac and Yao and that Battier is some kind of great player. 'Cause there's no way you trade away a possible All-Star/lottery pick for a slightly above average SF. Especially when T-Mac has a back made of glass and the main thing the Rockets needed was a third scorer. It sounds like a panic move to me. And if your coach can't work with young players, then you get rid of the coach. Something that happened anyways.

As for Bynum, I'm sure it had nothing to do with him only being 19 years old and playing very limited high school basketball. I'm sure it had to do with him having horrible work ethic. :rolleyes

RonMexico
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, P&G, I don't see what is so difficult for you to understand here. I'll break it down with a few real-world examples:

Rudy Gay - Jim Calhoun said he was lazy and relied too much on his talent and other reports stated that he was a little selfish. Many of these factors were evident in his first season, but he has turned the corner and it's obvious he's put a lot more work into improving his game. Also, he's connecting with the fans very well by asking for dunk ideas, which is really cool. I knew he wouldn't work with JVG because offense is his first priority, where Battier plays great defense... I also didn't know how Gay could improve his offensive game with T-Mac taking 100 shots per game.

Kwame Brown - #1 overall pick out of high school... since 2001, he's never had 2 games that compare to what Bynum has done this season so far. You could blame earlier struggles on his youth; you can only blame his boo-inciting plays now on immaturity, laziness, and propensity to throw birthday cakes.

Tyrus Thomas - applauded all NCAA tournament season for his "upside," "athleticism," "potential," "explosiveness" etc... much like Rudy Gay. However, at least I was right about him when I said Portland got the better end of the deal because (a) he was born in Baton Rouge and went to LSU - a university that has produced typically talented, but unmotivated players - mostly in football; (b) he's too full of himself and (c) is more interested in "picking up his paycheck" than improving his game.

Bynum - obviously very talented; Phil (your personal Jesus) saw this talent, but also noted some immaturity, which is why Kareem was brought in to mentor him both on and off the basketball court and probably why Bynum has been fined and benched for certain games because Phil wants to teach him a lesson. I won't accept the age card from you because both LeBron and Amare came into the league straight from high school (actually, Amare came from 7 different high schools) and made immediate impacts.

I still think Amare is immature on and off the court and needs some discipline out there because he brings the ball too low when it gets into the post and gets it stripped... that's something you never see Tim Duncan do (when he catches it high, it stays high) and Bynum rarely does it now too. It's nice when you can have a former hall-of-famer and all-time scoring leader agree to mentor your potential franchise center... if only the coin flip had gone to Phoenix instead of Milwaukee back in the 60s.

RonMexico
01-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Normally, I don't agree with Charley Rosen, but I think his "questions" for the Suns and Lakers are pretty spot-on and I think you'd agree:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7709580

JMarkJohns
01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm concerned about a great number of teams. Namely the Spurs, but the Lakers, Hornets and Mavericks are up there. I think the Suns have what it takes as far as players to beat the latter three, and compete with the Spurs, but if Skinner isn't netting 25 minutes or so a night vs these teams, then I'm not nearly as confident.

I would like to acquire an additional big man, but there just aren't many available.

Kirilenko is not going to get the Suns over the hump by himself, so unless the Jazz are willing to take a Marion/Banks/Atl 1st package for Kirlenko/Okur/Jazz 1st then I'm going to pass.

Frankly, I'm not even sure that helps the Suns at all

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm concerned about a great number of teams. Namely the Spurs, but the Lakers, Hornets and Mavericks are up there. I think the Suns have what it takes as far as players to beat the latter three, and compete with the Spurs, but if Skinner isn't netting 25 minutes or so a night vs these teams, then I'm not nearly as confident.

I would like to acquire an additional big man, but there just aren't many available.

Kirilenko is not going to get the Suns over the hump by himself, so unless the Jazz are willing to take a Marion/Banks/Atl 1st package for Kirlenko/Okur/Jazz 1st then I'm going to pass.

Frankly, I'm not even sure that helps the Suns at all

Im holding out hope that KT will be cut by the Sonics after the trading deadline.

A guy can dream, right? :lol

Did you hear the rumor about Steven Hunter? I laughed at that one cuz he would never even play.

RonMexico
01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I'd take Steven Hunter and his 60% FTs back. I'd take Jake Voshkul and his 12 moving screens per game back.

Xylus
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Personally, I think Steven Hunter could do more for us than Marcus Banks could. He's not the answer we need, but he's a slight improvement.

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I'd take Steven Hunter and his 60% FTs back. I'd take Jake Voshkul and his 12 moving screens per game back.

Steven Hunter couldn't hit 60% of his free throws in an empty arena with an extra large hoop.

da_suns_fan
01-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I met Jake when I was in college working downtown at a hotel. He was a really nice guy.

DubMcDub
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM

If you're not worried about the Mavs then you better wake up.

AggieJV2006
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
If you're not worried about the Mavs then you better wake up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAWHA

DazedAndConfused
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Now Bynum is too immature? He's only 19 years old and has more maturity than most players in the NBA. He doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs. He's going back to school to get his college degree. Look at how he handled the entire Kobe situation. They are now the best of buds and instead of lashing out at Kobe he took it upon himself as a challenge to improve his game.

My god how stupid are Suns' fans??? I swear to god I have never seen a collection of fans so ignorant about basketball in my life.

DubMcDub
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAWHA

Good stuff.

DazedAndConfused
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I think the Mavs are the top team in the WC right now. They are picking up steam right now and seem to be relatively injury free, minus Harris. I can easily see them winning the WC if SAS doesn't get their shit together.

DazedAndConfused
01-29-2008, 02:56 AM
For anyone doubting Andrew Bynum, please watch this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9efsJwJxYEk

This kid is the future of the Lakers. All-Star center next year, HOF potential without question. He and Kobe make LA automatic contenders next year. Nobody in the WC will be able to stop him when he develops his base and adds 20-30 lbs of muscle. He needs to develop a good post game like Duncan, but that will no doubt come in time with Kareem's tutelage.

Purple & Gold
01-30-2008, 02:37 AM
Normally, I don't agree with Charley Rosen, but I think his "questions" for the Suns and Lakers are pretty spot-on and I think you'd agree:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7709580

Can't disagree with that, pretty spot on. Although I think a more traditional PG would help with the creative scorer part. Also Kwame does need to score. Every little bit helps from that position. He can't just stop trying to score.

Purple & Gold
01-30-2008, 02:58 AM
Well, P&G, I don't see what is so difficult for you to understand here. I'll break it down with a few real-world examples:

Rudy Gay - Jim Calhoun said he was lazy and relied too much on his talent and other reports stated that he was a little selfish. Many of these factors were evident in his first season, but he has turned the corner and it's obvious he's put a lot more work into improving his game. Also, he's connecting with the fans very well by asking for dunk ideas, which is really cool. I knew he wouldn't work with JVG because offense is his first priority, where Battier plays great defense... I also didn't know how Gay could improve his offensive game with T-Mac taking 100 shots per game.

Kwame Brown - #1 overall pick out of high school... since 2001, he's never had 2 games that compare to what Bynum has done this season so far. You could blame earlier struggles on his youth; you can only blame his boo-inciting plays now on immaturity, laziness, and propensity to throw birthday cakes.

Tyrus Thomas - applauded all NCAA tournament season for his "upside," "athleticism," "potential," "explosiveness" etc... much like Rudy Gay. However, at least I was right about him when I said Portland got the better end of the deal because (a) he was born in Baton Rouge and went to LSU - a university that has produced typically talented, but unmotivated players - mostly in football; (b) he's too full of himself and (c) is more interested in "picking up his paycheck" than improving his game.

Bynum - obviously very talented; Phil (your personal Jesus) saw this talent, but also noted some immaturity, which is why Kareem was brought in to mentor him both on and off the basketball court and probably why Bynum has been fined and benched for certain games because Phil wants to teach him a lesson. I won't accept the age card from you because both LeBron and Amare came into the league straight from high school (actually, Amare came from 7 different high schools) and made immediate impacts.

I still think Amare is immature on and off the court and needs some discipline out there because he brings the ball too low when it gets into the post and gets it stripped... that's something you never see Tim Duncan do (when he catches it high, it stays high) and Bynum rarely does it now too. It's nice when you can have a former hall-of-famer and all-time scoring leader agree to mentor your potential franchise center... if only the coin flip had gone to Phoenix instead of Milwaukee back in the 60s.

Well first off I don't see what these players have to do with Rudy Gay. Each player is unique in their own way. If you seriously thought he was gonna be a bust you still could have gotten much more than Battier. I know some people think he's some type of all world defensive genius, but I'm not one of those people. To me he's a good defensive player, not some type of lock down player like Bowen. His offense is only OK which is why I consider him only slightly above average. The Houston FO overrated Battier and I think that's where most of the problem comes from. I also thought it was a bit premature (considering T-Mac's injury history) that a defensive SF was the missing piece for a Championship team.

I also wouldn't write off Tyrus Thomas yet. He's still a very young player and it's a bit early to be patting yourself on the back for thinking he was gonna be a bust.

As for what you think about Bynum again you're way off. He played very little High School basketball and that's why he was a project, not because of his age. He just had very little basketball experience. Which has actually turned out to be a good thing because he never had a chance to pick up those bad habits that many young players seem to have. Size and touch around the basket can't be taught, and that's one thing Bynum has had since the beginning. So to say I won't accept the age card because of Amare and Lebron is just stupid, that's like me saying early in Nash's career that he will never be a franchise player because all franchise players dominate from the beginning.

And as for being pissed about the coin flip, I'd also be pissed with Atlanta lucking out on that #3 pick. Imagine Yi on the suns. He'd be a perfect fit. That is if your owner didn't sell the pick for cash considerations. :drunk :drunk

RonMexico
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
He would have sold it... or traded it