PDA

View Full Version : *Official* UFC Fight Night 13 Thread - 4/2/08



LEONARD
03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
UFC Fight Night 13 - April 2 (Lead in to debut of TUF 7)
3 hrs from 6:00-9:00 CT

-Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon
-Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan
-Matt Hamill vs Tim Boetsch
-Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino
-Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs James Irvin

Undercard
-Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
-Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
-Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox
-Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo
-Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
-Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson

By far the most stacked Spike card yet...Guida, Thomas, Aurelio, Neer, Manny, etc buried on the undercard? DAYUM

desflood
03-21-2008, 08:56 AM
-Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon
-Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan
-Matt Hamill vs Tim Boetsch
-Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino
-Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs James Irvin

Undercard
-Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
-Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
-Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox
-Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo
-Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
-Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson

I still take real offense to Clay Guida being on the undercard. I'd much rather see that fight than Houston/Irvin. Or Diaz/Pellegrino.

Evan
03-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson
Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo

Really want to see these two cards.

Chances are we won't see Guida since his fights tend to go long. He is an odd fighter. He can take and dish out pain, his cardio is where it needs to be but he cannot finish a fight when he needs to.

He is like running back…he dodges and slashes to avoid hits and knows when to lower his shoulders to knock someone ever but for whatever reason he can't score. It's like he sees the end zone and can't cross the goal line. Kind of like Julius Jones in Dallas.

Evan
03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I still take real offense to Clay Guida being on the undercard. I'd much rather see that fight than Houston/Irvin

Agree.

They should show Guida to show the new fans that a ground game can be extremely exciting.

TheTruth
03-21-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm in the camp that wishes Guida were on the main card. Such an exciting, relentless fighter. The Main Card is pretty damn good though. So, I won't complain too much.

oligarchy
03-21-2008, 12:45 PM
-Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon
-Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan
-Matt Hamill vs Tim Boetsch
-Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino
-Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs James Irvin

Undercard
-Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
-Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
-Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox
-Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo
-Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
-Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson


By far the most stacked Spike card yet...Guida, Thomas, Aurelio, Neer, Manny, etc buried on the undercard? DAYUM
definitely :toast just UFC trying to get that 2.99 per video.

Evan
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
definitely :toast just UFC trying to get that 2.99 per video.

I never thought of that...I just figured SpikeTV was wanting fresh fights for UFC unleashed replays since they just paid so much.

Hmmmmm....your probably right.

LEONARD
03-21-2008, 01:36 PM
definitely :toast just UFC trying to get that 2.99 per video.

I can't believe people really pay for those fights afterwards when they're all over the net a day after the fight... :lol

Evan
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Honestly....It is so exhausting searching for that stuff if I had a ton of cash to toss around I would.

LEONARD
03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Honestly....It is so exhausting searching for that stuff if I had a ton of cash to toss around I would.

Nah, just have to know which forums to hit...takes no time at all :fro

Evan
03-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Nah, just have to know which forums to hit...takes no time at all :fro

Now I am spoiled so I just wait for LEONARD's Sunday morning email

:wakeup :elephant

dallaskd
03-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon
Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan
Matt Hamill vs Tim Boetsch
Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino
Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard
Houston Alexander vs James Irvin
Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox
Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo
Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson

dallaskd
03-28-2008, 10:55 PM
i had to bump this back up to the top.

dallaskd
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Weigh-In Results:

Joe Lauzon (156) VS Kenny Florian (155.5)

Thiago Alves (171) VS Karo Parisyan (171)

Tim Boetsch (206) VS Matt Hamill (204)

Kurt Pellegrino (155) VS Nate Diaz (156)

Gray Maynard (155) VS Frank Edgar (155.5)

James Irvin (205) VS Houston Alexander (205)

Roman Mitichyan (170.5) VS George Sotiropoulos (169.5)

Samy Schiavo (155) VS Clay Guida (156)

Jeff Cox (155) VS Manvel Gamburyan (155.5)

Josh Neer (156) VS Din Thomas (155)

Marcus Aurelio (154.5) VS Ryan Roberts (155.5)

Anthony Johnson (169.5) VS Tommy Speer (170)

Evan
04-02-2008, 10:26 AM
-Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon tough fight
-Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan Karo needs to finish this fight. No decision.
-Matt Hamill vs Tim Boetsch
-Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino cannot stand the Diaz brothers
-Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs James Irvin expect Houston to bring it

Undercard
-Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
-Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
-Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox if his arm can stay in the socket
-Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo tragedy if we don't get to see this
-Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
-Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson

Evan
04-02-2008, 10:28 AM
everyone has such a different opinion.

Evan
04-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Who will win Wednesday's UFC Fight Night main event?
(10386 Votes)

Joe Lauzon
50%
Kenny Florian
50%

desflood
04-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Who will win Wednesday's UFC Fight Night main event?
(10386 Votes)

Joe Lauzon
50%
Kenny Florian
50%
I went back and forth on this one, but ultimately decided to side with Kenflo (HATE that nickname) based on experience.

Evan
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I went back and forth on this one, but ultimately decided to side with Kenflo (HATE that nickname) based on experience.

I hear ya.

Joe just impresses me so much and when I ordered that PPV where he smashed little evil I was standing up screaming.

I could see this go either way.

LEONARD
04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I REALLY hope "KenFlo" gets wrecked by "JLau"... :lol

I'm pulling for Alves, Hamill, Pellegrino, Edgar, Alexander (F Irvin and his acting!), Guida, Roman, and Anthony F'n Johnson (who I really think could be great)...

1st time ever for 3 Armenians on the same card? :lol

Evan
04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
OMG...Houston is going to kill the sandman...he looks like a beast

Evan
04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
OMG...Houston is going to kill the sandman...he looks like a beast


BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

cornbread
04-02-2008, 06:29 PM
-Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon
-Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan
-Matt Hamill vs Tim Boetsch
-Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino
-Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard
-Houston Alexander vs James Irvin

Undercard
-Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
-Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
-Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox
-Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo
-Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
-Tommy Speer vs Anthony Johnson

oligarchy
04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

you made me giggle with that too.

oligarchy
04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I figured Karo would win, but I am so glad he lost. I hate that guy. HATE. YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!

So that definitely means Fitch will be fighting GSP for the title. No wonder Karo was trying to duck people.. dude needs to get in shape.

Evan
04-02-2008, 08:02 PM
you made me giggle with that too.

Nothing cracks me up more than self ownage on forums.


I figured Karo would win, but I am so glad he lost. I hate that guy. HATE. YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!

So that definitely means Fitch will be fighting GSP for the title. No wonder Karo was trying to duck people.. dude needs to get in shape.

I have never liked Karo. He is very good but not great. I want to see him fight Shields very badly so I hope he goes to EliteXC.

oligarchy
04-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Lauzon looked like crap.. minor leagues!

dbreiden83080
04-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Okay Houston getting KO'd like 3 seconds into the fight, WTF that sucked shit. Florian fought a hell of a fight in the main event nice job on his part and how about Matt the Hammer Hammill baby. Couple of rough patches there but he came through it. Gotta love the guy with all he has overcome, you are awesome Matt. :toast

polandprzem
04-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Damn first thing in the morning and you are telling me that one of my favorite fighters got KO'ed as soon as ever in UFC? (tied)

Damn that hurts.
After he demolished Jardine and had convincing victory against Sakara, he droped against Silva and now Irwin?

Man a long way to go

Evan
04-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Diaz fight…was…awesome!

I hate the cocky BS the Diaz brothers pull but that was on such a high level of awesomeness I don't care. I was cheering.

LEONARD
04-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Great stuff...8 fights for free? Hell yea...

F'n Florian...I know Joe likes the leglocks, but I think trying those on Kenny was a mistake...

Alexander is a joke...and to act like he wasn't out? Gimme a break. Take your loss...

Glad Hamill got the win...I think Tim should've trained more at altitude maybe? Or maybe just not take the next one on short notice...

Maynard looked like a WW next to Edgar...maybe Edgar would be better suited at 145 in the WEC? He's dwarfed by the bigger LW's...

Alves :fro

and nice turnaround by Nate...he was getting whipped on a little early on. True Diaz style with the finish... :lol

Anthony Johnson will be a force at WW in the future...his last loss was a fluke because he took the fight when he shouldn't have...



Anthony F'n Johnson (who I really think could be great)...

:fro

AJ is my new hero for making Hughes' little project look like a heavy bag...

Evan
04-03-2008, 08:41 AM
UFC has taken the turn on showing fights…the last 8 or so cards they have shown us almost all of them. It looks like more of a policy now than accident.

Evan
04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_Choke

Soul_Patch
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
One of the best nights of fights Spike has had on in a while.

I really like the Diaz bros, i honestly think they really throw it all on the table when they fight, and it show's. That fight was awesome.

I am really dissapointed Lauzon lost. He is one of my favorite, of not my favorite fighter, up there with Anderson Silva...I expected him to win without a problem and possibly contend for a title soon. Hopefully he can bounce back quick.

I was also disapointed that the Guida fight didnt make the main card. Id have much rather seen that, than see the Gray Maynard fight...but meh...


anyway, all around great card...i was pumped!

desflood
04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, I really dislike Karo Parisyan (good as he is), but his fight was stopped a bit early.

Evan
04-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I really dislike Karo Parisyan (good as he is), but his fight was stopped a bit early.

Last night I would have agreed with you but now that I see this gif...wow

he sure went limp
http://i27.tinypic.com/5y5m60.gif

desflood
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh hell, maybe you're right. That knee took it right out of him.

Evan
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh hell, maybe you're right. That knee took it right out of him.

last night I was convinced he got screwed.

Mr "Do you know who I am" doesn't really have a palce left except for gatekeep methinks.

TheTruth
04-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Damn, the one night I get a stomach virus. Any idea when they'll be showing this again?

Evan
04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
they typically replay it every weekend after the fight a few times.

TheTruth
04-03-2008, 02:33 PM
cool, thanks. i'll keep my eyes open for it.

Evan
04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
cool, thanks. i'll keep my eyes open for it.

I'll holla if I see it

LEONARD
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm sure it'll replay this weekend...hell, it replayed an hr after TUF...lol

Rape choke...I missed that live...f'n Rogan :lol

I didn't have a problem with any of the stoppages...

Evan
04-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Rape choke...I missed that live...f'n Rogan :lol...

For some reason SOME people are having a heart attack about that on the forums.

..this is MMA not golf....I want to hear the terms the fighters use. Not filtered and sterilized terms.

That was most shocking to hear..

LEONARD
04-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm sure that's a gym term and it flew out of his mouth without thinking twice... :lol

Evan
04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm sure that's a gym term and it flew out of his mouth without thinking twice... :lol

Agree

Its a shocking term though... :lol

but man...people calling for his job?

dallaskd
04-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow what an amazing card. Batman looked amazing against diaz early but man nate pulled that triangle out of nowwhere. Alves looked great knocking out Karo's punk ass. :fro

Two of my favs Ken-flo and Hamill got Ws. I cant stand James Irvin and his gay beanie but that was a bad ass punch even though it was against a pud. Alexander might be more fit for IFL, Elite, or maybe WEC where he can always jusitfy his career with his two KOs. Which im hoping Sokoudjou doesnt become into a 2 hit wonder. Hmmm ohhh i was super impressed with Gray Maynard. I thought Edgar was going to be a rising star and dominate him like he did to Spencer Fisher but Gray proved to be the better wrestler. :tu I think Maynard was really just to big for him but those were some bad ass slams he got. And WOW i was laughing so hard at Anthony Johnson using Tommy Speer as a living punching bag. I mean WOW that was bad. :lol

dallaskd
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Best UFC card of 2008 so far IMO and it was actually better than alot of PPVs.

dallaskd
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I want Alves-Fitch II.

but i suppose Fitch needs the next title fight but that fight needs to happen. I think Alves-Sanchez would be a good fight as well.

dallaskd
04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I REALLY hope "KenFlo" gets wrecked by "JLau"

why?

LEONARD
04-04-2008, 10:20 AM
why?

Because he annoys me and I can't wait for him to get wrecked by a top guy...

I'll pull for Huerta in that fight :lol

DBryant88
04-04-2008, 11:42 AM
a ufc fighter couldn't win an all out brawl agianst the best boxer like if floyd mayweather jr went agianst one of the best ufc fighters the ufc would lose unless he got the boxer to the ground but the boxer would be to fast

oligarchy
04-04-2008, 11:46 AM
a ufc fighter couldn't win an all out brawl agianst the best boxer like if floyd mayweather jr went agianst one of the best ufc fighters the ufc would lose unless he got the boxer to the ground but the boxer would be to fast

:rolleyes go troll somewhere else. you obviously don't have a clue.

DBryant88
04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
:rolleyes go troll somewhere else. you obviously don't have a clue.

UR gay i have been doing reseach on this as a project and happened to get a 3.8 on it and i watch boxing and ufc

Evan
04-04-2008, 11:59 AM
a ufc fighter couldn't win an all out brawl agianst the best boxer like if floyd mayweather jr went agianst one of the best ufc fighters the ufc would lose unless he got the boxer to the ground but the boxer would be to fast

A boxer would be destroyed within moments in a MMA fight.

hell..even Floyd's dad said so.

Evan
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
UR gay i have been doing reseach on this as a project and happened to get a 3.8 on it and i watch boxing and ufc

Whoever graded that needs to have their teaching license revoked.

DBryant88
04-04-2008, 12:11 PM
go fuck ur selves MMA is a joke and floyds dad is old and probably has alzhimers

Evan
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Good response and you did an awesome job defending your argument.

LEONARD
04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
a ufc fighter couldn't win an all out brawl agianst the best boxer like if floyd mayweather jr went agianst one of the best ufc fighters the ufc would lose unless he got the boxer to the ground but the boxer would be to fast

Thanks for sharing your lack of knowledge with all of us... :lol

What makes you think that Mayweather knows anything about defending a takedown? Or fending off a good clinch? Or defending kicks, knees, etc?

In a streetfight, any top level MMA fighter will destroy a top level boxer. The only chance the boxer has is to land a knockout punch in the first 5 seconds...if not, he'll get smashed on the ground, have a limb snapped off, or get choked out...

LEONARD
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
UR gay i have been doing reseach on this as a project and happened to get a 3.8 on it and i watch boxing and ufc


go fuck ur selves MMA is a joke and floyds dad is old and probably has alzhimers

After reading pg 3 of the thread, I’m positive that mbarber24 is doing a bit…just ignore him…

oligarchy
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
yup.. and he caught himself some fish. it must have been the "paper" that set the hook

Evan
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
dang it...

dallaskd
04-04-2008, 03:22 PM
its not mbarber24s first run. i think hes done it once before. people always trying to mess with the mma guys.:lol maybe its because mma fans are so defensive of their sport and will take on anyone who opposes it. idk.

Evan
04-04-2008, 03:33 PM
well played mbarber24 :toast

DBryant88
04-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Mayweather 4ever!

cornbread
04-07-2008, 10:15 AM
If the 600lb Big Show couldn't stop Mayweather how could a UFC fighter stop him?

LEONARD
04-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Un-aired undercard fights in high quality, bitches...

Clay Guida vs Samy Schiavo
http://www.mediafire.com/?pd19egirlu0

Marcus Aurelio vs Ryan Roberts
http://www.mediafire.com/?e6vjvymmgca

Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox
http://www.mediafire.com/?ehlwbsnyam9

Roman Mitichyan vs George Sotiropolous
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2i99kx

Din Thomas vs Josh Neer
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8w8bpa



If the 600lb Big Show couldn't stop Mayweather how could a UFC fighter stop him?

Good point...damn, you're right!!

dallaskd
04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
thanks leonard :tu

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 07:22 AM
This Barber kid is full of it. I bet he has never even strapped on gloves before. As mostly everyone on this thread knows I box and have trained with MMA fighters and could tell you in a brawl there is no WAY a boxer could win. Boxing is just one dimension of what MMA is about.

DBryant88
04-08-2008, 09:11 AM
my friend is and baoxer and i have strapped on the gloves and gotten the shit kicked out of me and i go and to the gym with him a lot. boxers speed + punching ability+ iron jaw = ufc fighter and the floor unless the ufc fighter somehow manages to get the boxer to the floor then i would give it to the ufc fighter

dallaskd
04-08-2008, 07:30 PM
This Barber kid is full of it. I bet he has never even strapped on gloves before. As mostly everyone on this thread knows I box and have trained with MMA fighters and could tell you in a brawl there is no WAY a boxer could win. Boxing is just one dimension of what MMA is about.

dude cant you tell he hes playing with us? and your eating all of his bait

DBryant88
04-09-2008, 07:12 AM
:lol really i love the ufc and in a fight a mma fighter could wreck a boxer but the boxer would give him a little fight. i just like to get you guys riled up is all :lol

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 07:42 AM
:lol really i love the ufc and in a fight a mma fighter could wreck a boxer but the boxer would give him a little fight. i just like to get you guys riled up is all :lol


Id love to see Floyd step in the Octagon and put his money where his mouth is.

DBryant88
04-09-2008, 07:53 AM
bitch, floyd is the best boxer pund 4 pound and he probably will try the octagon and be the best pund 4 pound there to so atrain cna suck it dx style

Smokeybearme
04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Dude you know nothing about MMA Floyd will never i mean never do a cage match He only knows boxing. MMA you need to Know all type of fighting if Floyd to takin down he'd be scerwed

desflood
04-09-2008, 10:22 AM
:dont

Smokeybearme
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
How many of you guys fight localy at gyms or whatever and where would a good place to go in maine to start traning

DBryant88
04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
How many of you guys fight localy at gyms or whatever and where would a good place to go in maine to start traning
wymans training club in scarbourugh maine

dallaskd
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
SERIOUSLY LISTEN TO DESFLOOD! STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!!

:lol