PDA

View Full Version : Utah up by 14 on PHX with half a quarter to play.

Dex
01-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Might help soften the blow we took a couple nights ago. :oops

On the downside, we'll all have to start hearing about the 'surging Jazz' again.

Either way, Phoenix is getting their asses handed to them. :elephant

myhc
01-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Phoenix losing tonight definitely softens the blow a little bit.

TwoHandJam
01-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Die Phoenix! :cuss

bonesinaz
01-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Utah is still up by 10 with about 2 min to go in the 4th.

I think this is the first time in my life that I have wanted Utah to win a game.

Mr. Body
01-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Utah suddenly pushing the big teams.

Phoenix fall down go BOOM.

myhc
01-12-2005, 11:13 PM
This is turning out to be a great night. Spurs win, Phoenix loses, Dallas is losing big, Lakers losing big.

bonesinaz
01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Defense wins games. Okur was all over the place in this game- he had 17 rebounds/10 were offensive. He went 8-16 and had 21 points. He is the reason that Utah won this game.

ShoogarBear
Sounds like a repeat of two nights ago.

tsb2000
The Suns got whooped tonight. There's something to be said for the altitude in Utah taking its toll on teams that run like the Suns do. That, and the Suns were on their 2nd of a back-to-back.

One the Jazz side of that game, AK will be back on Saturday from his injury. Their confidence has got to be sky high after posting W's over the Spurs and Suns in the same week.

Manu20
01-12-2005, 11:15 PM
6 points from the suns bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimcs50
01-12-2005, 11:25 PM
NBA Forum

signed, Sequ

Rummpd
01-12-2005, 11:29 PM
What was impressive is that Suns actually caught them at beginning of 4th and then Utah just jumped on them. Props to Jerry Sloan = what a coach!

7 point win was not indicative - listening on radio they had 11 with 35 sec to go or so.

Maddoc

SirChaz
01-12-2005, 11:29 PM
I think this is the first time in my life that I have wanted Utah to win a game.

lmao! I thought the same thing a few days ago.

TwoHandJam
01-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Pretty impressive for the Jazz. Although they've really only proved they are tough at home. Lets see them do it on the road.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2005, 11:35 PM
I was watching the whole fourth quarter of the game.

The Jazz took the lead in the second quarter and never were tied after that.

They had a 7 point lead going into the fourth, then hit a three to start the 4th. The Suns never caught them or got closer than about six the whole quarter.

exstatic
01-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Is anyone a little LESS upset about two nights ago? They just took it to the 1 seed. If they can get on a tear with AK back, they might just squeek into the playoffs. They played .615 ball with AK. Translate that over the last 45 games, Add that to what they have now, and you come out with 40 wins. Factor in maybe some extra confidence from winning without AK against the #1 and #2 in the West, and you may come up with 44-45 wins.

Can you imagine Phoenix's chagrin if they get the #1 and see Utah at #8?

SuperManu!!!
01-12-2005, 11:38 PM
The jazz won 2 straight games against 2 good teams.....WTF??? Are they going to beat seattle also?

T Park
01-12-2005, 11:46 PM
If Utah could get healthy they are a damn good team.

Okur should start, why he doesnt is beyond me.

Okur
Boozer
Kirilenko
Giricek
random point guard.

BTW,

WTF is wrong with Carlos Arroyo?

Sense
01-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Likely they won't.

This however helps them gain their confidence before AK comes back into play.

I'm pretty sure that they will become a .500 team.

eh, and OKUR IS ON MEH FANTASY TEAM...

YEAH!

SequSpur
01-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't care, its not spurs related.

Sense
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Btw....Sonics losing too...

This is proving that the Suns and Sonics, even though they lost like we always do, dont mean they are unbeatable.

Spurs mainly will definately always make a team beatable.

exstatic
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Dwarf tossing, non spurs related forum.

boutons
01-12-2005, 11:50 PM
PHX is backend of home/away B2B, and with the minutes their starters play, harder than for most, but PHX has been great so far this year in B2B.

Jazz outshot them FG 50% - 43%, and killed Suns on the boards, 55-35.

PHX got beat by the Jazz playing out their minds, shooting 50%.

Not much defense on display in PHX-UTA or DAL-HOU games.

Spurs defense is the distinguishing factor. It sure ain't the Spurs half-court offense.

T Park
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Spurs go up 5 on the Mavericks.

Down I think 2 1/2 to the Suns???

Good position for the home stretch in the next three months.

boutons
01-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Clips seem to have a thing about beating up on SEA @LAC. Clips womped SEA in the first game of the season, and now playing them tough again tonight.

Sense
01-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Clips seem to have a thing about beating up on SEA @LAC. Clips womped SEA in the first game of the season, and now playing them tough again tonight.

Don't look now, they are down by a bucket.

Experiment2100
01-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Jazz bench outscores Pheonix's bench by 61 points.

P.S. Die Pheonix Die forum.

Dex
01-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Seattle bout to drop one to the effing Clippers, too! :lmao Oh, glorious evening.

T Park
01-13-2005, 01:05 AM
This is what you call a trifecta.

Dre_7
01-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Where's the Suns fan who was saying the Spurs were overrated because they lost to Uta? Now who's overrated? Phx lost by 6, SA by only 1.
Hmmmmmmmmm?

Ozzy
01-13-2005, 05:18 AM
This is what you call a trifecta.

Just a trifecta?

Spurs 1

Phoenix 0
Seattle 0
_allas 0

And for the trolls:
Lakers 0
Minny 0
Portland 0

And Rasho had 4 blocks....

Oh, what a night :elephant

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Anybody else watch the end of the Rockets/Mavs game?...McGrady did a mini version in the fourth of what he did to the Spurs....Dallas was trying to come back and McGrady just broke their back...slammed down a monster dunk and then hit three threes in a row on the break...a friggen 11 point turn in about 45 seconds...that team is dangerous...

smeagol
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Who was doing an impression of Miss Cleo yesterday predicting that the Suns would blow out the Jazz?

Boutons, was it you?

ShoogarBear
01-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Me, for one.

Got to same I'm shocked the Jazz could beat the Spurs and Suns back-to-back. How many other teams in the league right now could do that?

boutons
01-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Fuck Miss Cleo, just another black-on-black criminal.

Sure, the Spurs and Suns should have beaten a horrible Jazz team.

Spurs gave away (played badly) their 6th or 7th game to a lesser team, Jazz.

..... while the Suns played their defense-less/offense-only game and got beaten (not give-away) by a hot Jazz, who were probably still on a euphoric roll after beating the Spurs, and got Matt back, too. The Suns, best in the West, could have had a let down after beating the best of the East the night before in a different city. The Suns have yet to play badly, giving away a game to a lesser team.

What happened to the Suns happened, that's sports, and it's fun to watch.

What happend to the Spurs was caused by the Spurs playing badly, and that sucks to watch, and to play.

tlongII
01-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Phoenix is going to rout the Spurs on the 21st.

T Park
01-13-2005, 10:26 AM
The Suns have yet to play badly, giving away a game to a lesser team.

Id say iving up 115 points and not giving a crap on the defensive end, is pretty much akin to what the Spurs did.

This is a foreshadowing to whats gonna happen to Phoenix in the playoffs.
They play a team that hustles adn plays D, they are gonna get beat.

When the Spurs get there playoff mode on, the Suns will have a hard time getting to 100, and there 0 defense, will be a godsend for the Spurs.

smeagol
01-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Fuck Miss Cleo, just another black-on-black criminal.

Sure, the Spurs and Suns should have beaten a horrible Jazz team.

Spurs gave away (played badly) their 6th or 7th game to a lesser team, Jazz.

..... while the Suns played their defense-less/offense-only game and got beaten (not give-away) by a hot Jazz, who were probably still on a euphoric roll after beating the Spurs, and got Matt back, too. The Suns, best in the West, could have had a let down after beating the best of the East the night before in a different city. The Suns have yet to play badly, giving away a game to a lesser team.

What happened to the Suns happened, that's sports, and it's fun to watch.

What happend to the Spurs was caused by the Spurs playing badly, and that sucks to watch, and to play.
I agree with you assesment.

Nevertheless, your prediction sucked.

airjer15
01-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Although for different reasons, I am glad to come here this morning and see some, Jazz support, although for us playoffs is a long shot, back to back games like this give us hope. to shoot over 50% two games in a row is great. We will see how deep the Jazz are tonight when they face the Kings, another win tonight would be huge!

About Arroyo not playing, I think Sloan is mad at him, and since Mcleod is lighting it up who cares if Arroyo is unhappy, the salt lake news today reported possible trade talk with Arroyo, and thats fine, he can go be cocky on someone elses team. Athens got to his head big time.

boutons
01-13-2005, 11:35 AM
"your prediction sucked."

No, it didn't. PHX went in there last night and PLAYED THEIR GAME, as consistently as always, which is what I predicted (the Spurs DID NOT play their game in there), but PHX didn't win because Jazz played out of their heads, which I didn't predict.

boutons
01-13-2005, 11:51 AM
"Id say iving up 115 points and not giving a crap on the defensive end"

NOT playing defense IS the PHX game plan, dammit.

The Spurs NOT playing defense is NOT the Spurs game plan.

Among the top teams, only the Spurs put defense first, so Spurs defensive failures are PRIMARY failures.

Not so with PHX, who league best record was achieved allowing their opponents 99 PPG, 24th worst in the NBA.

smeagol
01-13-2005, 12:30 PM
"your prediction sucked."

No, it didn't. PHX went in there last night and PLAYED THEIR GAME, as consistently as always, which is what I predicted (the Spurs DID NOT play their game in there), but PHX didn't win because Jazz played out of their heads, which I didn't predict.
Somebody predicted the Jazz would be blown away by the Suns and therefore Suns >>>>> Spurs.

I can't find the thread.

If it was you, boutons, then your prediction sucked.

If it was not you, all is well.

boutons
01-13-2005, 12:51 PM
My prediction that the NBA-best Suns blow out the road-kill Jazz, each would play its average game. I was half right. Suns played a good game that is good enough to give them the best record, but the Jazz played out of their minds.

In comparison with the Spurs-Jazz game, the Suns played their consistent game, the Spurs didn't.

I think English is not your native language, so I excuse you if the only verb you know is suck.

SirChaz
01-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Have to give credit to the Jazz. Phoenix has some excuses about being tired on a back-to-back but the Jazz just played really well. Plus they hacked and grabbed Phoenix all night long. Suns had more turnovers than usual (14) and went to the line 36 times.

Suns cut it to one point but the Jazz made every big shot they had and when they missed they were pounding the offensive glass.

This is a tough stretch for the Suns. This was the second of three straight back-to-back games. Then at the Pistons on Monday before coming home to face Memphis and San Antonio.

I guess they have to lose some games sometime. Time to start a new winning streak I think.

bigzak25
01-13-2005, 02:48 PM
mighty fine backpedalling boutons.....

boutons
01-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I admit my prediction was wrong, BFD, but the prediction was in the context of comparing how the Spurs and Suns would do @Jazz.

My point that the Sunds would play the Suns game better, more consistently than the Spurs played the Spurs game was accurate, consistency being the Spurs' huge problem, and the Suns' great advantage. This more interesting point (vs won/loss) is undoubtedly too subtle for many readers.

Do you or smeagol have anything intelligent to add beyond "nya nya nya, your'e wrong"?

or is "suck" and "backpedalling" all ya got?