PDA

View Full Version : I bumped into GSP !!!!



lefty
03-27-2008, 10:07 AM
True Story!

This is the Fashion Week in Montreal;they had a party at Opera Nightclub yesterday, which is 2 blocks away from where I live.

I bumped into some guy, and thought I was hit by a truck (I'm not that strong to begin with); then the guy told me : " Désolé mon gars " (That's French for " sorry dude "). Really nice guy.
I was like : " he looks like GSP"; then I realised: "damn, this is GSP!"

He stayed there for an hour, picked some random hot chick, and left with her.

Thought I would share :D

Evan
03-27-2008, 11:11 AM
haha...awesome man! Thanks for sharing!

tlongII
03-27-2008, 11:25 AM
You should have punched him in the face! I heard he has a glass jaw.

lefty
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
You should have punched him in the face! I heard he has a glass jaw.

As I said, I'm not that strong :D

lefty
03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
haha...awesome man! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, althoough I was hoping for Matt Serra to walk in; we could have had a great brawl

LEONARD
03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
I heard he has a glass jaw.

Whoever told you that is out of their mind... :lol

Evan
03-27-2008, 12:03 PM
You should have punched him in the face! I heard he has a glass jaw.

what?

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
He stayed there for an hour, picked some random hot chick, and left with her.

Thought I would share :D

LOL, that is awesome, GSP is a STUD!!! :hat

Evan
03-27-2008, 12:48 PM
LOL, that is awesome, GSP is a STUD!!! :hat

My gf would leave me for him I think.

At least for a week. :lol

tlongII
03-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Whoever told you that is out of their mind... :lol

Matt Serra told me that.

Evan
03-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Matt Serra told me that.

they hell are you talking about

He didn't go down to chin shot

LEONARD
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
He got punched behind the ear which is one of the worst places to get hit. He also ate MANY big shots after that where he was basically just a sitting duck, but was still not KO'd.

He certainly doesn't have a "weak chin" (used loosely meaning he can't take a punch)...

Evan
03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
The guy slipped a bit and took shot after shot to the head. It's a miracle he was standing as long as he did.

tlongII
03-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Shot to the jaw...

http://www.mmagifs.com/albums/userpics/10001/Serra_GSP.gif

dallaskd
03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
that was not the original punch that rocked him. watch the fight.

tlongII
03-27-2008, 05:14 PM
that was not the original punch that rocked him. watch the fight.

It's not the original shot that hurt him, but it definitely hurt him.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
GSP took a lot of shots from BJ Penn in RD 1 of their fight he was cut/bleeding but not hurt. He sucked it up and won the next 2 rds and the fight. He has anything but a weak chin.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
It's not the original shot that hurt him, but it definitely hurt him.

So because it hurt him that means he has a weak chin. :drunk

Evan
03-27-2008, 05:39 PM
It's not the original shot that hurt him, but it definitely hurt him.

NEWSFLASH FROM tlongII -

PUNCHES HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

LEONARD
03-27-2008, 05:47 PM
It's not the original shot that hurt him, but it definitely hurt him.

Re-watch the fight and tell me he has a "weak chin"...

That punch above was basically a half out GSP walking right into Serra's best punch and it didn't knock him out. He took SEVERAL more and was still never ko'd...

GSP can take a hit better than most can...

dallaskd
03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
GSP took a lot of shots from BJ Penn in RD 1 of their fight he was cut/bleeding but not hurt. He sucked it up and won the next 2 rds and the fight. He has anything but a weak chin.

BJ beat GSP in that fight. I have no doubt about that.

lefty
03-27-2008, 06:58 PM
LOL, that is awesome, GSP is a STUD!!! :hat

Well, he is super ugly, but he is famous and ripped, so...

lefty
03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
My gf would leave me for him I think.

At least for a week. :lol

That's the spirit :D

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 09:19 PM
BJ beat GSP in that fight. I have no doubt about that.

No he didn't he got taken down and controlled late in the 3rd and he clearly lost the 2nd after winning the first.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Well, he is super ugly, but he is famous and ripped, so...

He is not UGLY, you want ugly you go to Chuck Liddell.

lefty
03-27-2008, 09:34 PM
He is not UGLY, you want ugly you go to Chuck Liddell.

I wouldn't call him good looking either

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't call him good looking either

He is ok looking he is supposedly a very cool guy and your story confirms that so it's all good.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
True Story!

This is the Fashion Week in Montreal;they had a party at Opera Nightclub yesterday, which is 2 blocks away from where I live.

I bumped into some guy, and thought I was hit by a truck (I'm not that strong to begin with); then the guy told me : " Désolé mon gars " (That's French for " sorry dude "). Really nice guy.
I was like : " he looks like GSP"; then I realised: "damn, this is GSP!"

He stayed there for an hour, picked some random hot chick, and left with her.

Thought I would share :D

BTW since you live where UFC 83 is taking place are you going, or was it too hard to get tickets???

lefty
03-27-2008, 10:17 PM
BTW since you live where UFC 83 is taking place are you going, or was it too hard to get tickets???

I'm going,thanks to a friend of mine was a ble to get those tickets; I didn't want to bother with trying to get them :sleep

lefty
03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
He is ok looking he is supposedly a very cool guy and your story confirms that so it's all good.

Yeah, he seems really cool.

The weird thing in Montreal is when celebrities go out in Montreal, people don't harass them, as if they were regular people.

I saw Angelina Jolie taking a walk with 2 friends and Maddox in downtown Montreal a few summers ago (she was there because they were shoothing "taking lives"); nobody went to see her, but my then girlfriend talked to her for a minute. (yeah my ex-gf is not intimidated by anybody)

The same summer, I saw Anthony Anderson walking on the same street with a woman; I could have easily missed him, because he wasn't assaulted by "regular" people (damn I hate that expression)

In a nightclub outside Montreal, last summer, I saw Jean-Sebastien Giguere (goaltender of the Anaheim Mighty DUcks), and like GSP, no security, he was just hanging out like everybody else.

Weird, that kind of things makes me feel like I'm in Entourage :D

dbreiden83080
03-27-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm going,thanks to a friend of mine was a ble to get those tickets; I didn't want to bother with trying to get them :sleep

Sweet it is going to be a hell of an event i am jealous, have a good time. :toast

dallaskd
03-28-2008, 12:24 AM
He is not UGLY, you want ugly you go to Chuck Liddell.

Liddell is not an ugly fellow neither is GSP. Ugly is Jardine, Wandy, Rothwell, Sylvia, Tank, Kimbo....

Evan
03-28-2008, 11:00 AM
will you be going to the weigh ins?

desflood
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, he is super ugly, but he is famous and ripped, so...
Just my two cents: NOT ugly. Not by a long shot. Rather attractive, in fact.

That is all.

dbreiden83080
03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Liddell is not an ugly fellow neither is GSP. Ugly is Jardine, Wandy, Rothwell, Sylvia, Tank, Kimbo....

Yeah Liddell's mohawk and tatoos on his head are super-attractive.

lefty
03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
will you be going to the weigh ins?

No; just the fight

lefty
03-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Sweet it is going to be a hell of an event i am jealous, have a good time. :toast

Thanks a lot :toast

But don't be jealous, I am, because I can't go the AT&T Center to catch the Spurs; in fact, Montreal is really far from San Antonio (duh)

dallaskd
03-28-2008, 10:39 PM
go to the weigh ins. experience the event. its like nothing else. who knows maybe youll get some autographs or even some pics with fighters. i was at UFC 64 and it was an event i will never forget.

lefty
03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
go to the weigh ins. experience the event. its like nothing else. who knows maybe youll get some autographs or even some pics with fighters. i was at UFC 64 and it was an event i will never forget.

I think I will