PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Lessons and Being Scared of Women

Pages : [1] 2

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I feel like some of you that dont know basketball very well need a series of lessons to bring you near my level of knowledge. Consider it a major gift especially you females on the site. You can now act like you know something about basketball after reading this:

Todays lesson is the 4 different ways to defend ball screens:

1. Switching on a ball screen - This is commonly used with younger teams, but not as much on college or pro teams. It is typically only used when you have a lineup of similar size players that can guard all 5 players, or against a team like Duke where there are really no defined positions in the offense and all 5 guys play the perimeter. Some coaches like to give a changeup look and switch every screen

2. Hedging a Screen - The most common practice among college and pro teams. This involves the defender of the man setting a screen stepping out high to stop the man with ball until the defender guarding the ball is able to get above the screen and back in position. The defender of the screen setter keeps a hand on the screen setter in case of a slip or a roll.

3. Making a one with the screener - This involves the man guarding the screen setter to get as close as possible to his man in order for the on ball defender to go under the screen. This practice is used against guards who are not great shooters. If you go under a ball screen against a good shooter you will get embarrassed.

4. Blitzing a screen - In this defense, everytime a ball screen is set the on ball defender and the screen setter defender both trap the man with the ball. This is done against good penetrating point guards like DJ Augustin or Chris Paul so they will give up the ball away from the basket. The other players need to be aware and rotate in order to guard the screener once he rolls.

Remember the first step in guarding a ball screen is good communication. You should always tell the man being screened which side he is being screened on. This allows him to prepare for whatever defensive mechanism the coach has told you to do before the game. Hope you enjoyed your lesson for today. I will be back tomorrow for tomorrow's lesson.

Jimcs50
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
What is a screen? I thought that is a devise to keep bugs out of your house.

xtremesteven33
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
you suck

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
What is a screen? I thought that is a devise to keep bugs out of your house.

It is also referred to as a pick

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Honestly, I have no idea how this forum survived before this guy decided to magnanimously impart his knowledge of basketball here. I remember when nobody could figure out how a team's points were determined. Now we're actually talking about hedging (David Robinson might have been the best in the last 20 years or so at hedging screens) and blitzing ball screens (the Spurs did this to Pargo in the 2nd quarter last night and completely destroyed his rhythm)!?!?!

Evolution, man.

Jimcs50
05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
It is also referred to as a pick

thankyou

Bartleby
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
You can know act like you know something after learning this

R.I.F. Reading is Fundamental.

Stay in school and maybe someday you'll be able to move up to the books without pictures.

duncan228
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
While we appreciate your generosity in helping us learn, I think your basketball knowledge would be better served if you left here and started your own forum. Then you could educate the masses and we could stay happily in our own little uneducated forum. After all, if Kori could do it and she's...a woman...imagine what you could do. :)

Dex
05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
How do I score a home run?

degenerate_gambler
05-12-2008, 01:43 PM
one of the better cut and paste jobs I've seen...

grammatically correct, concise, good spacing between paragraphs.

DDS4
05-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I feel like some of you that dont know basketball very well need a series of lessons to bring you near my level of knowledge. Consider it a major gift especially you females on the site.

Life lesson for today: Your chauvinism won't go very far.

DarrinS
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
You can know act like you know something after learning this:

I hope your basketball knowledge exceeds your skill with the English language.

SpursWoman
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
All I want to know is when they are going back to the short-shorts.

rayray2k8
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I feel like some of you that dont know basketball very well need a series of lessons to bring you near my level of knowledge. Consider it a major gift especially you females on the site. You can know act like you know something after learning this:

1. Switching on a ball screen - This is commonly used with younger teams, but not as much on college or pro teams. It is typically only used when you have a lineup of similar size players that can guard all 5 players, or against a team like Duke where there are really no defined positions in the offense and all 5 guys play the perimeter. Some coaches like to give a changeup look and switch every screen

2. Hedging a Screen - The most common practice among college and pro teams. This involves the defender of the man setting a screen stepping out high to stop the man with ball until the defender guarding the ball is able to get above the screen and back in position. The defender of the screen setter keeps a hand on the screen setter in case of a slip or a roll.

3. Making a one with the screener - This involves the man guarding the screen setter to get as close as possible to his man in order for the on ball defender to go under the screen. This practice is used against guards who are not great shooters. If you go under a ball screen against a good shooter you will get embarrassed.

4. Blitzing a screen - In this defense, everytime a ball screen is set the on ball defender and the screen setter defender both trap the man with the ball. This is done against good penetrating point guards like DJ Augustin or Chris Paul so they will give up the ball away from the basket. The other players need to be aware and rotate in order to guard the screener once he rolls.

Remember the first step in guarding a ball screen is good communication. You should always tell the man being screened which side he is being screened on. This allows him to prepare for whatever defensive mechanism the coach has told you to do before the game. Hope you enjoyed your lesson for today. I will be back tomorrow for tomorrow's lesson.

You might want to send this to the hornets afterwards. :lmao
Since the majority of the hornet players look lost out on the floor out there.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Can you translate this to NBA knowledge, not College please?

TampaDude
05-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I feel like some of you that dont know basketball very well need a series of lessons to bring you near my level of knowledge. Consider it a major gift especially you females on the site. You can know act like you know something after learning this:

Hmmm...someone's been watching their "Better Basketball" DVD, eh??? :lol

Parkerlooms
05-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Hey mouse why do you have a map of Alaska as your avatar? I thought you were supposed to be from New Orleans, the bayou and all that.

justanotherspursfan
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
How do I score a home run?

You have to cross-check the ball to the tight end.

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
By the way, the notion that switching a ball screen is not a commonly-used tactic by NBA defenses is laughable.

And why is there no discussion of going under the screen? I mean, you want this to be a complete lesson, don't you?

GSH
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
The following is a transcript from Byron Scott's team meeting with the Hornets players this morning

Darcus
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey mouse why do you have a map of Alaska as your avatar? I thought you were supposed to be from New Orleans, the bayou and all that.

It's supposed to be some sort of poor joke. Texas is big, but Alaska is bigger, or something.

Parkerlooms
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
It's supposed to be some sort of poor joke. Texas is big, but Alaska is bigger, or something.

oh. ok. Thats pretty lame. Why not just put a picture of the moon there or something. Its bigger than Texas, too. Or the Sun, or the Andormeda Galaxy. Or maybe China.

WTH does Alaska have to do with anything...

Darcus
05-12-2008, 02:33 PM
oh. ok. Thats pretty lame. Why not just put a picture of the moon there or something. Its bigger than Texas, too. Or the Sun, or the Andormeda Galaxy. Or maybe China.

Well, I think he's trying to compare states to states. But all he's really doing is making a fool of Hornets fans.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
And why is there no discussion of going under the screen? I mean, you want this to be a complete lesson, don't you?

It is. I mentioned the technique of making a one with the screener and the guy guarding the ball goes underneath. You need to learn reading comprehension

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM

I have heard numerous Texas people say that Texas is still the biggest state, when in fact Alaska is bigger. Just a reminder to all you Texas people in denial

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I hope your basketball knowledge exceeds your skill with the English language.

Sorry for the typo

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 03:24 PM
one of the better cut and paste jobs I've seen...

grammatically correct, concise, good spacing between paragraphs.

I wrote this myself. I didnt cut and paste from anywhere.

justanotherspursfan
05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I wrote this myself.

Did your teacher take off points for not using topic sentences, or have you not gotten to that unit yet?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Did your teacher take off points for not using topic sentences, or have you not gotten to that unit yet?

Its a message board. I really dont care about grammar. I care about sports. If this was a proper english board, then I would care. You would fit in really well on a proper english board. At least better than this sports board

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Honestly, I have no idea how this forum survived before this guy decided to magnanimously impart his knowledge of basketball here. I remember when nobody could figure out how a team's points were determined. Now we're actually talking about hedging (David Robinson might have been the best in the last 20 years or so at hedging screens) and blitzing ball screens (the Spurs did this to Pargo in the 2nd quarter last night and completely destroyed his rhythm)!?!?!

Evolution, man.

yeah this guy is like a savior

- Mars

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

This whole thing reads like you copy and pasted it right out of Wikipedia. :rolleyes

justanotherspursfan
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
This whole thing reads like you copy and pasted it right out of Wikipedia. :rolleyes

Didn't you know? He wrote Wikipedia, too.

cherylsteele
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
He dumded it down for us ladies, as if we can't understand the game.:rolleyes

justanotherspursfan
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
You would fit in really well on a proper english board.
Berk.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 04:12 PM

I wrote it myself. I know a lot about basketball. I guess thats a compliment though.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
He dumded it down for us ladies, as if we can't understand the game.:rolleyes

I sure did Cheryl. Do you have any questions after reading it? If you dont know what a "screen" is or what the "screener" is let me know. I might have to go back to the very basics for some of you ladies.

Dex
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Apparently this guy has lost one too many basketball games to 'you ladies'.

Kriz-Maxima
05-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Finally, someone willing to ask the important questions.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Apparently this guy has lost one too many basketball games to 'you ladies'.

Why would I play ladies in basketball? If I want to see missed layups and people dribbling off their foot I will turn on a WNBA game.

HornetGumboBalls
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Cajun, do you just absolutely love the new WNBA commercials where they basically say everything every guy and non-dike woman say about women's basketball? I find them hillarious. I didn't think those heffers knew we thought that way.

justanotherspursfan
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Why would I play ladies in basketball? If I want to see missed layups and people dribbling off their foot I will turn on a WNBA game.
That's right, when you dribble it's down your chin. After you've just made yourself $20 on Bourbon Street.

TampaDude
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui0lPUnBeyM

:lol

vander
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM

or the hornets

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I find it amusing that this guy's opening sentence contains multiple typo's yet his basketball lesson contains none.

I totally believe that he wrote it though, and I for one, feel much more informed about the game of basketball.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I find it amusing that this guy's opening sentence contains multiple typo's yet his basketball lesson contains none.

I totally believe that he wrote it though, and I for one, feel much more informed about the game of basketball.

Thanks

ata
05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
.... I will be back tomorrow for tomorrow's lesson.
We are not worthy
http://users.adelphia.net/~charphar/not_worthy.jpg

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
or the hornets

The series is 2-2. I wouldn't get too cocky

dbreiden83080
I know a lot about basketball.

Your take on why the Spurs won these last 2 games, says otherwise.

cajunhornetsbayou
Cajun, do you just absolutely love the new WNBA commercials where they basically say everything every guy and non-dike woman say about women's basketball? I find them hillarious. I didn't think those heffers knew we thought that way.

We got next

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
We are not worthy
http://users.adelphia.net/~charphar/not_worthy.jpg

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
The series is 2-2. I wouldn't get too cocky

It is going to be a good next few games but in the big spot Spurs are going to be awful tough to beat. Duncan is now healthy, Manu and Tony are playing well, we are now hitting our open shots. Scott needs a major adjustment for game 5, same game plan and NO is going to get beat.

Sasha
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I feel like some of you that dont know basketball very well need a series of lessons to bring you near my level of knowledge. Consider it a major gift especially you females on the site. You can now act like you know something about basketball after reading this:

I'm a writer/editor, and your opening paragraph is lousy - especially the punctuation. However, your 4 points are quite coherent and well-written. Consequently, it's clear that you are capable of doing a pretty good cut-and-paste job. On the other hand, I'd like to know who actually wrote it.

By the way, I'm a woman - and I figured that out all by myself. :rolleyes

carrecaminos
05-12-2008, 05:45 PM
The series is 2-2 and I won't eat too much cock

Ok, good for you.

Solid D
05-12-2008, 06:37 PM

"THE 4 different ways to defend ball screens"?

There are more than 4. You failed to list where the player defending the ball goes over the top of the screen while the defender of the screener, never losing sight of the ball, keeps enough space to provide a choice for the ball defender or quickly become the primary basket defender. A sag, if you will.

dimsah
05-12-2008, 07:50 PM
The following is a transcript from Byron Scott's team meeting with the Hornets players this morning

Originally Posted by ByronScottTeamMeeting

:lmao:lmao:lmao
That is good stuff.

carina_gino20
05-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow. I feel so enlightened now... Thanks a lot.

phyzik
05-12-2008, 08:30 PM
defend?

Ball?

Screens?

Im sorry.... Im lost.

carina_gino20
05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Can you teach us how to win championships, too? Please. The board is depending on you now. We HAVE to know.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm a writer/editor, and your opening paragraph is lousy - especially the punctuation. However, your 4 points are quite coherent and well-written. Consequently, it's clear that you are capable of doing a pretty good cut-and-paste job. On the other hand, I'd like to know who actually wrote it.

Like i said he got it right off Wikipedia. At least his google is working correctly.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Can you teach us how to win championships, too? Please. The board is depending on you now. We HAVE to know.

We already know how to do that. :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Like i said he got it right off Wikipedia. At least his google is working correctly.

Wrote it myself. Accept it

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 08:59 PM
"THE 4 different ways to defend ball screens"?

There are more than 4. You failed to list where the player defending the ball goes over the top of the screen while the defender of the screener, never losing sight of the ball, keeps enough space to provide a choice for the ball defender or quickly become the primary basket defender. A sag, if you will.

Pretty much the same thing as hedging

carina_gino20
05-12-2008, 09:00 PM
We already know how to do that. :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

But we haven't won back-to-backs yet! This Sage must have the answer. Do share, oh enlightened one.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:01 PM

I didn't really care about the opening paragraph. I was much more concerned with the points about covering ball screens. I wrote it myself. The sooner you realize that the easier it will be for you people. I know that women are good at English. My grandmother was an English teacher and used to help edit my papers in middle school. I know you know English, but your basketball knowledge isn't on the same level as mine.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Wrote it myself. Accept it

Come on dude. I understand copy and paste, but from Wikipedia?? :nope

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM

I challenge you to find that on wikipedia. Please dont cut my thesis on covering ball screens and paste it on wikipedia. I will sue you if you do this

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok, good for you.

real clever. And by the way saying that everybody in the USA should speak English is not racist at all.

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2008, 09:11 PM
I challenge you to find that on wikipedia. Please dont cut my thesis on covering ball screens and paste it on wikipedia. I will sue you if you do this

Good luck with that lawsuit. At least we know that you're not a fan of tort reform or mad about frivolous lawsuits.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:11 PM

:lmao Angry much?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Good luck with that lawsuit. At least we know that you're not a fan of tort reform or mad about frivolous lawsuits.

The suing thing is a joke

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Well, now you and your threat have something in common.

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM

i think you'd better take it pretty seriously, cause the guys at bball wiki are getting pissed.

http://basketball.wikia.com/wiki/Ball_screens

- Mars

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:21 PM
i think you'd better take it pretty seriously, cause the guys at bball wiki are getting pissed.

- Mars

did you seriously just copy and paste my post to that website?

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
did you seriously just copy and paste my post to that website?

its called googling the first line or so of your work, and seeing what comes up. my teachers do it all the time.

- Mars

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:23 PM
its called googling the first line or so of your work, and seeing what comes up. my teachers do it all the time.

- Mars

You copy and pasted my post you punk. Thats ridiculous.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:24 PM

- Mars

:lmao :lmao :lmao

wow...

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:25 PM

wow...

wow what?

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:26 PM
wow what?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
He copy and pasted my stuff to it you idiot. Click on the link now. Anybody can edit it.

Strike
You have to cross-check the ball to the tight end.

I thought it had something to do with leading off from the blue line before the ref issues you a yellow card.

Mr.Bottomtooth
He copy and pasted my stuff to it you idiot. Click on the link now. Anybody can edit it.

:lmao Sure...

Kermit
05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
So, somebody from this site took what dipshit wrote and posted on that worthless wiki site claiming he stole it? That's the definition of retarded and makes whoever did that as inbred as he is.

Strike
05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
real clever. And by the way saying that everybody in the USA should speak English is not racist at all.

You might want to master it first, Mr. run on.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I challenge you to find that on wikipedia. Please dont cut my thesis on covering ball screens and paste it on wikipedia.

Are you serious bottomtooth? I pretty much gave him the idea to do this

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
So, somebody from this site took what dipshit wrote and posted on that worthless wiki site claiming he stole it? That's the definition of retarded and makes whoever did that as inbred as he is.

clinging mars did it and I am not inbred. If it is on that website, I at least want credit for it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Are you serious bottomtooth? I pretty much gave him the idea to do this

Is that why it says last edited at 2:17? :lmao

cajunhornetsbayou
You might want to master it first, Mr. run on.

Its a message board. I am not writing a college essay or anything.

Kermit
05-12-2008, 09:34 PM

The time and date are screwed up on that website. It has the adding of the article happening tomorrow.

Strike
05-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Its a message board. I am not writing a college essay or anything.

It's kind of a challenge to attempt to give a "lesson" if you don't a have a decent grasp on things like grammar.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:35 PM
It's kind of a challenge to attempt to give a "lesson" if you don't a have a decent grasp on things like grammar.

I gave a lesson on basketball not grammar

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
The time and date are screwed up on that website. It has the adding of the article happening tomorrow.

thanks kermit. It shows I re-edited at like 2:24 when it was really 9:25ish

Solid D
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Your list isn't all that insightful in this place, actually sad-funny. Listing college players as examples in a pro basketball forum thread is...well, odd.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Your list isn't all that insightful in this place, actually sad-funny. Listing college players as examples in a pro basketball forum is...well, odd.

I am preparing my basketball lesson for tomorrow as we speak. Maybe you will enjoy it more.

Solid D
05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Your list isn't all that insightful in this place, actually sad-funny. Listing college players as examples in a pro basketball forum thread is...well, odd.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM

Can you now admit you were wrong bottomtooth?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I read it the first time solid d

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Can you now admit you were wrong bottomtooth?

Wrong about what?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Wrong about what?

Claiming that I copied and pasted when really mars pasted it from here to that site.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
i enjoyed the tutorial!

Thank you. There is another coming in the morning. I enjoy watching the wizards. I met Caron Butler at Disney World last year. He was very nice.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Claiming that I copied and pasted when really mars pasted it from here to that site.

There's no proof showing ClingingMars did it.

anakha
05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Unless the OP is looking for some sort of validation of his sad existence by showing off his 'basketball knowledge', this thread has been

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/5/12/t_pointless2m_c1078ba.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/5/12/f_pointless2m_c1078ba.jpg&srv=img31)

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Unless the OP is looking for some sort of validation of his sad existence by showing off his 'basketball knowledge', this thread has been

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/5/12/t_pointless2m_c1078ba.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/5/12/f_pointless2m_c1078ba.jpg&srv=img31)

Some people already thanked me for informing them, so some people found it useful.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
There's no proof showing ClingingMars did it.

whatever dude. i am done for the night. Get ready for second basketball lesson in the morning.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
whatever dude. i am done for the night. Get ready for second basketball lesson in the morning.

And if I don't?

Solid D
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
http://sportzfun.com/photos/albums/basketball/basketball_hat.jpg

anakha
05-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Some people already thanked me for informing them, so some people found it useful.

:lmao

Then your sarcasm detector must be as defective as your 'basketball knowledge'.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 10:02 PM

Then your sarcasm detector must be as defective as your 'basketball knowledge'.

Even if you didn't like it, you cant deny that it was knowledgeable.

anakha
05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Even if you didn't like it, you cant deny that it was knowledgeable.

If validation is what you're looking for, then seek out a support group.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-12-2008, 10:06 PM
If validation is what you're looking for, then seek out a support group.

Not what I am looking for. I know how much I know basketball. I don't need anyone to validate. Anyways good night. I will see you all in the morning with the second lesson. Class dismissed.

anakha
05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Not what I am looking for. I know how much I know basketball. I don't need anyone to validate.

Then why post at all?

Attention whore.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
da_suns_fan reincarnate?

cajunhornetsgayou
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Not what I am looking for. I know how much I know basketball. I don't need anyone to validate. Anyways good night. I will see you all in the morning with the second lesson. Class dismissed.

I got so much for you tomorrow, just wait.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2008, 10:11 PM

It's kind of like listening to Dick Vitale splutter his NBA knowledge on Mike & Mike.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 10:11 PM
It's kind of like listening to Dick Vitale splutter his NBA knowledge on Mike & Mike.

easjer
05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I really don't understand why you think it's ok to talk down to women in such a degrading manner.

Sasha
05-13-2008, 01:00 AM
I didn't really care about the opening paragraph. I was much more concerned with the points about covering ball screens. I wrote it myself. The sooner you realize that the easier it will be for you people. I know that women are good at English. My grandmother was an English teacher and used to help edit my papers in middle school. I know you know English, but your basketball knowledge isn't on the same level as mine.

Well, then why don't I use the English that you'll understand? Eat shit and die.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2008, 01:07 AM
One thing that I really wish is that Clinging Mars, Mr. Bottomtooth and others would just ignore the trolls. The constant "Don't feed the trolls" type of responses by Clinging Mars are just as annoying as the trolls themselves. Use your ignore list.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 08:07 AM
There has been a lot of discussion in this series about whether to double Tim Duncan or not. I figured I would take todays lesson as an opportunity to discuss everything that goes into doubling the post.

When a coach decides to double a man in the post, he has quite a few decisions to make. One of which is when to double.

Typically it is done at two points. Either when the post player catches the ball, or when he puts the ball on the ground aka dribbles the ball. If it is done right away, it is called a quick double.

Another decision that needs to be made is how tough the double team is. Are they trying to just make the post player feel the presence of two players, or are they trying hard to make him get rid of the ball right away. The first option listed is called a soft double and the second one is called a hard double.

The third decision is who to double off of. Different players are used depending on the personnel on the other team. One option is a big to big double. This is where the other post player comes from the other block (or wherever the other post player is at) to double. A quick rotation is needed from away from the ball down to the block in order to prevent a quick block-to-block pass, which would result in an easy layup.
Another option, which is probably, the most commonly used involves doubling down off the nearest perimeter player. In this scenario, no matter who the nearest perimeter player is, the perimeter defender doubles down and everybody rotates over leaving the farthest perimeter player away open.
A third scenario involves doubling off of one specific perimeter player. This is done if you know one player is a really poor perimeter shooter. He is left open on the perimeter and is challenged to knockdown the outside shot. If he cuts, he of course needs to be picked up.
A final option involves a combination of the previous two where it is known certain players can’t be doubled off of like a Peja type player, and some people can be left open to go down a double.

Just like ball screens, communication is key in rotating out of the double teams and closing out on the shooters. This is something that hopefully the hornets can correct for game 5. Hope you enjoyed your lesson today, especially you ladies out there.

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2008, 08:09 AM
I have no idea how I've managed to enjoy basketball before being advised of these principles.

ElNono
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Then there's the Hornets double-team, where rotations get all screwed up and you leave the Spurs two best perimeter shooters wide open.

wijayas
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I learn something from your post. Thank you cajunhornetsbayou. Sincerely.

anakha
05-13-2008, 08:17 AM
And the search for validation and affirmation continues.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I learn something from your post. Thank you cajunhornetsbayou. Sincerely.

Thanks

wijayas
05-13-2008, 08:46 AM
I miss lesson #1. Is #3 coming?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I miss lesson #1. Is #3 coming?

Lesson 1 was entitled "Basketball Lesson for Today" It is proabably on the next page of threads by now. It dealt with the different ways to defend ball screens. Lesson 3 will come tomorrow. I am looking for a topic to discuss for tomorrow if you want to learn more about a certain aspect of basketball, let me know.

Dex
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Isn't doubling a man also called a ménage à trois?

SAGambler
05-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I would like to know about the "shove it up your ass" double team, whereby the man being doubled turns to the goal, slams it down while being fouled by either one or both of he men supposedly "doubling him" for an "and one".

Please elaborate on this.

RandomGuy
05-13-2008, 09:20 AM

Not that I could see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_and_roll

A good tip for ferretting out plagarism is to cut a good chunk of any passage and paste it into google for searching.
(to see how it works try this passage in the google search function)
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

That is how I normally catch it, and in this case I came up with no other hits.

I might not agree with/like the guy, but to be fair, the text is original.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry, but this is totally lame. This is no more than you'd get from any decent analyst (like a Hubie or van Gundy), and he'd say it faster, and you'd still understand it. Geez.

What would be interesting is to discuss what the Hornets have been doing and if and how they need to adjust.

The obvious change would be to double on the bounce rather than the catch. My opinion is that Duncan would destroy this, racking up fouls and points and assists. He is very familiar with this scheme.

The only thing that has seemed to work even some on Tim is to mix it up so he doesn't know what's coming. I don't know if the Hornets are experienced enough and well-coached enough to do this. I doubt they've practiced anything this complicated.

LilMissSPURfect
05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Isn't doubling a man also called a ménage à trois?

:flag::toast

byrontx
05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
It looks like he's trying to make a contribution without talking trash. It's alright. Thanks for your post, cajun.

dbestpro
05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Then there is the Hronets tissue paper double team where Paul doubles down and brushes the player he is defending and goes flying into the third row.

easjer
05-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I have no idea how I've managed to enjoy basketball before being advised of these principles.

You've probably been hanging around with us ignorant and simpering women too much.

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2008, 09:35 AM
You've probably been hanging around with us ignorant and simpering women too much.

That's probably true.

By the way, don't you have some sort of domestic thing -- cooking or cleaning -- to be talking about, easjer?

easjer
05-13-2008, 09:41 AM
That's probably true.

By the way, don't you have some sort of domestic thing -- cooking or cleaning -- to be talking about, easjer?

Oh, yes! Actually, I'm so relieved you asked. I've been itching to share my new banana bread recipe! I think tweaking it by adding that touch of cinnamon as well as the vanilla has really enhanced the overall flavor.

I've also been thinking that the green in the dining room is too pastel. Do you think I should go for a more sage tone, or would that be too dark, considering the tabletop?

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 10:03 AM
da_suns_fan reincarnate?

No. It's my arch-nemesis, Danny. I didn't think he would be back after the Mavs fans and I goaded him into a complete meltdown. It's the same "style," grammar/punctuation mistakes, etc. I used to think Danny and da_suns_fan were the same person, so I can understand your confusion. (Da_suns_fan is a moron, but he or she wouldn't pull a stunt like this one.)

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh, yes! Actually, I'm so relieved you asked. I've been itching to share my new banana bread recipe! I think tweaking it by adding that touch of cinnamon as well as the vanilla has really enhanced the overall flavor.

I've also been thinking that the green in the dining room is too pastel. Do you think I should go for a more sage tone, or would that be too dark, considering the tabletop?

Glad to see you discussing something you actually know a little about.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Not that I could see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_and_roll

A good tip for ferretting out plagarism is to cut a good chunk of any passage and paste it into google for searching.
(to see how it works try this passage in the google search function)
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

That is how I normally catch it, and in this case I came up with no other hits.

I might not agree with/like the guy, but to be fair, the text is original.

Thanks random guy. They are missing one obvious defense in their analysis of defending the pick and roll. What about my analysis on guarding ball screens dont you agree with? or were you saying you dont agree with my other posts?

WalterBenitez
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
The medicine for that doubling is perimeter reliable shooters or moving the ball around perimeters, right? if so we need all those shoters making their shots early, just to make an statement, later going thru TD and so on, righ?

G-Nob
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
You're such a ladies man.

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Glad to see you discussing something you actually know a little about.

Misogyny on this level is usually the result of retarded sexuality and/or problems with gender identification. Your first step should be preventing your mother from sending you to school in a dress and pantyhose anymore. It was funny the first few grades, but now it's obviously turning you into a sociopath.

MagnusKrauss
05-13-2008, 10:17 AM
easjer, where's the recipe?

i just finished eating my mutant curry spaghetti, and i figgered that the next time i made curry spaghetti i'd better have some sort of bread dessert to neutralize the lingering curry taste.

K-State Spur
05-13-2008, 10:18 AM
This is what happens when the guy who played on the B team in 7th grade decides he knows more about the game than everybody on his opponent's board.

romain.star
05-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Misogyny on this level is usually the result of retarded sexuality and/or problems with gender identification. Your first step should be preventing your mother from sending you to school in a dress and pantyhose anymore. It was funny the first few grades, but now it's obviously turning you into a sociopath.

this guy is just playing with you... no need to take what he says too seriously. He's just having fun

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 10:27 AM

Sage is always too dark, unless you use a lot of natural lighting, in my opinion. It definitely comes across as too dark with your typical walnut stain finish. I would try something more in the spectrum of olive (glossy, not drab).

bobbybob0
05-13-2008, 10:27 AM

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
this guy is just playing with you... no need to take what he says too seriously. He's just having fun

If you think that is me being serious, then you've got another think coming...

cajunhornetsgayou
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM

OMG - you're on to me!

Watch for tomorrow's lesson where I talk about wearing a bra without anyone suspecting.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I take some exception to the things being said here. No fucking way are we repainting the dining room!

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
. . . . tabletop?

I'm sorry, did you say something? I could have sworn this was a basketball forum!

T Park
05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Nothing like people falling for Spursdynasty in another poster's name.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
cajunhornetsgayou

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
I take some exception to the things being said here. No fucking way are we repainting the dining room!

I'm telling you, you just need more natural lighting. The wall treatments will handle themselves.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
This is what happens when the guy who played on the B team in 7th grade decides he knows more about the game than everybody on his opponent's board.

Started every game in 7th grade and on through the rest of my playing career as well

DDS4
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I didn't know Charlie Rosen had a red-headed stepchild.

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Started every game in 7th grade and on through the rest of my playing career as well

Well into 8th grade...

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Well into 8th grade...

High School. Started for 2 years of high school on varsity.

Fundamental
05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
mmmm banana bread ..... mmmmmm

Demo Dick Marcinko
05-13-2008, 11:08 AM

Alaska isn't exactly a mecca for playground legends.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Alaska isn't exactly a mecca for playground legends.

I live in LA not Alaska

Loose Cannon
05-13-2008, 11:53 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

easjer
05-13-2008, 11:55 AM

:married:

Kori Ellis
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM

When did your playing career end, 8th grade?

I'm merging your threads into one. That way the people who don't care to read your nonsense about women can just ignore one thread.

SAtown
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM

oooooh shit!!!! :lmao

gobo
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM

Cajun: you seem to be knowledgeable about the game. Do you play bb often? What is the highest level you have played?

Extra Stout
05-13-2008, 12:07 PM
High School. Started for 2 years of high school on varsity. See, I'm only moderately disabled due to inbreeding, whereas most of my classmates were severely disabled.

Don Quixote
05-13-2008, 12:28 PM
I like women, too, but I'm pretty scared of them. For good reason, too.

NRHector
05-13-2008, 12:29 PM
While we appreciate your generosity in helping us learn, I think your basketball knowledge would be better served if you left here and started your own forum. Then you could educate the masses and we could stay happily in our own little uneducated forum. After all, if Kori could do it and she's...a woman...imagine what you could do. :)that's funny:lol

Fundamental
05-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Yay for the merge, Kori. This guy is annoying. Go google some more basketball terms. I think it's time for another learnin'

Can't wait for the game tonight!! Go Spurs Go!!

Kermit
05-13-2008, 12:32 PM
"cajunhornetsbayou enjoys having basketballs shoved up his rectum while guarding the pick and roll. Geaux Hornets. "

Somebody edited his wiki page.

Bartleby
05-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Somebody edited his wiki page.

I give the article five stars.

DarrinS
05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
My upper lip smells like shwetty balls

Ewww. Thanks for sharing.

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I like women, too, but I'm pretty scared of them. For good reason, too.

Theodore: "Gee Wally, I know what you mean. I don't think I'm ever going to get girls."

Mr. Cleaver: "Look at you two chipmunk-cheeked little punks! You're NEVER going to get girls! Hear me? NEVER!!!"

Mrs. Cleaver: "Tough day at the office, Ward?"

Don Quixote
05-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm never gonna score! It's not fair! Look at that old guy over there! He's probably scored a million times! It's not fair, Butthead! I'm never gonna score and it sucks!

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 01:52 PM

I'm merging your threads into one. That way the people who don't care to read your nonsense about women can just ignore one thread.

No I played high school ball. You shouldnt have merged my threads. There is a lesson for each day. 2 lessons in 1 day may blow some females mind. Also changing my title is ridiculous

curtismedellin
05-13-2008, 01:54 PM

Not to mention racist remarks, any other forum he would've been banned long time ago.

cajunhornetsbayou
Cajun: you seem to be knowledgeable about the game. Do you play bb often? What is the highest level you have played?

I played in high school. I could have gone to a small school like a Springhill or a Millsaps to play, but chose not to pursue it. I have been asked to coach a couple of high school teams, but the pay is too small compared to my job so I just coach younger kids. Its a way to keep my day job and stay involved with the game I love.

cajunhornetsbayou
Not to mention racist remarks, any other forum he would've been banned long time ago.

I have not said one racist thing. Name something I said that was racist.

HornetGumboBalls
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I have not said one racist thing. Name something I said that was racist.

They confuse regionalism and patriotism as racism on this board. They're so quick to label someone as racist. It's almost as if it's a weopon for them.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
What would everyone like the lesson to be about tomorrow? I have a couple ideas. I was just wondering if everybody had a certain aspect of basketball they wanted to brush up on.

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
They confuse regionalism and patriotism as racism on this board. They're so quick to label someone as racist. It's almost as if it's a weopon for them.

Yeah, because it's so much more effective than just banning people.

Pick a lane, Hornets' fans...

LilMissSPURfect
05-13-2008, 03:08 PM
What would everyone like the lesson to be about tomorrow? I have a couple ideas. I was just wondering if everybody had a certain aspect of basketball they wanted to brush up on.

the lost art of flopping??? :king

TampaDude
05-13-2008, 03:15 PM

Uh...how about finding good fishing holes in Louisiana??? :lol

SAtown
05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Uh...how about finding good fishing holes in Louisiana??? :lol

Check out this website. It seems like they have good fishing http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Check out this website. It seems like they have good fishing http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/

LA is known as Sportsman's Paradise

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 03:59 PM
the lost art of flopping??? :king

I think Ginobili teaches that class

Parkerlooms
05-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I think Ginobili teaches that class

Thats right. Chris Paul could use a few lessons.

ClingingMars
05-13-2008, 04:11 PM

when I did no such thing?

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
One thing that I really wish is that Clinging Mars, Mr. Bottomtooth and others would just ignore the trolls. The constant "Don't feed the trolls" type of responses by Clinging Mars are just as annoying as the trolls themselves. Use your ignore list.

i use :dont when i ignore a troll, or when a troll starts a thread.

- Mars

cajunhornetsbayou
05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
when I did no such thing?

- Mars

Looks like Mars is home from school today. Go play some halo mars. You offer nothing but immaturity to this board.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 10:08 AM
I have been talking so much defense, I figured I would discuss something on the offensive end today. I am going to discuss a few different things about the quickest form of offense aka the fast break.

First off the best way to start a fast break, besides a steal, is with a rebound and an outlet pass. A long rebound allows a guard to get a head start for the fast break. When a player gets a rebound near the goal he needs to chin it (protect the ball under his chin), pivot and find the nearest outlet man. Outlet men should be vocal so the rebounder can find them.

Once the outlet man, typically a point guard, gets the ball, he needs to get to the middle of the court in order to open up the running lanes on either side of the court. If run correctly it creates a 3 on 1 or 3 on 2 fast break, forcing the top or closest defender to pick a side. Defensively the most effective way to stop a 2 on 1 fast break is to jab at the person with the ball and force him to make a decision of pass or shoot. If he picks up his dribble, you allow other defenders to get back on defense.

One thing very tough to teach is the secondary break. The other players not involved in the primary break need to run as trailers to the middle of the line, or find an open spot on the perimeter to spot up for a shot. It is a way to get shooters like Peja open looks without running a set for it, or to get a guy like Tyson Chandler an easy bucket by running the floor in the trailer spot. It is done to get open looks before the defense can set up its man or zone defense.

Hope you enjoyed your lesson for today.

duncan228
05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Shouldn't this be in your own personal thread?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94990

TRIN1021
05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I am sure with possibly two of the Hornets injuried, they may cry that OUR SPURS won the series b/c Chandler and West are going to be pretty sore Thursday...lol... West may have had a career high but he was hurting pretty bad.. Let's see him score like that Thursday night..........................

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Ugh this guy really loves attention.

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I am sure with possibly two of the Hornets injuried, they may cry that OUR SPURS won the series b/c Chandler and West are going to be pretty sore Thursday...lol...

sort of like "hornets only won games 1 & 2 b/c Duncan had the flu" right? Spurs fans = hypocrites

koriwhat
05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Better Basketball™

TRIN1021
05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
No I am not a hypocrite, OUR SPURS were not playin' like they should in Gm 1, 2 & 5........ I honestly don't know why we aren't playin' like we can...................

samikeyp
05-14-2008, 10:40 AM
sort of like "hornets only won games 1 & 2 b/c Duncan had the flu" right? Spurs fans = hypocrites

yes because all Spurs fans think and act alike. :rolleyes

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
yes because all Spurs fans think and act alike.

I like to make sweeping generalizations based on the only knowledge that i have of a subject, hypocrite

SpurOutofTownFan
05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.plasticnipple.com/images/forums/attention_whore_beach.jpg

SpurOutofTownFan
05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
http://www.spurgin.net/images/etc/attention_whore.jpg

jaffies
05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Basketball Lesson #3

there was a 1 and 2?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 11:18 AM
there was a 1 and 2?

yes click on duncan228's link in this thread to check out 1 and 2.

Sasha
05-14-2008, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=cajunhornetsbayou;2495048]I have been talking so much defense, I figured I would discuss something on the offensive end today. I am going to discuss a few different things about the quickest form of offense aka the fast break.

Oh, God, it's back.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=cajunhornetsbayou;2495048]I have been talking so much defense, I figured I would discuss something on the offensive end today. I am going to discuss a few different things about the quickest form of offense aka the fast break.

Oh, God, it's back.

Sasha there isnt too much fast breaking in the WNBA (which is more up your alley) because the girls are too slow and uncoordinated.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 01:52 PM
3 lessons in 1 thread will blow all the females on this board minds.

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 01:53 PM
these females better start showin some titties if they want any respect out of us.

GrandeDavid
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
"Being scared of women"? What is this rambling, bumbling idiot talking about!?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 02:03 PM
these females better start showin some titties if they want any respect out of us.

like its done on bourbon st. HOT BOUDIN COLD COUS COUS C'MON HORNETS PUSH PUSH PUSH

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 02:04 PM
"Being scared of women"? What is this rambling, bumbling idiot talking about!?

Kori added that to my thread title because she is upset with me for making comments about how women dont know sports. I only speak the truth.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:07 PM
You guys shouldn't be afraid of women.

Women can be quite nice.

Dex
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
This guy is just looking for more excuses to surround himself with dudes.

Coincidence?

Reggie Miller
05-14-2008, 03:46 PM
This guy is just looking for more excuses to surround himself with dudes.

Coincidence?

Every self-respecting neurotic with gender identification issues should know that's what the Army is for...

Someone needs to send a recruiter to his high school.

Man of Steel
05-14-2008, 05:19 PM
This kind of screen?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/tenille80/Friends/P13005811.jpg

Deb
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Just another stupid, backwoods, hick Cajun. He couldn't get within 100 yards of a woman without her running from the smell.

SAtown
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Why are you scared of women? Are you scared of being rejected? Maybe the Club can help, so start by making a thread there.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Why are you scared of women? Are you scared of being rejected? Maybe the Club can help, so start by making a thread there.

Kori put that title in my thread to try and embarrass me

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Just another stupid, backwoods, hick Cajun. He couldn't get within 100 yards of a woman without her running from the smell.

Deb if I saw you in a bar and wanted to take you home, there is no doubt I would

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Deb if I saw you in a bar and wanted to take you home, there is no doubt I would

Kidnapping is against the law and a felony

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Kidnapping is against the law and a felony

Nice one. I am saying she would go home with me of her own free will and accord.

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:04 PM

If I saw you in a bar, it would be one of those transvestite ones on Bourbon Street that everyone wonders through sooner or later. Let me know what kind of outfit you'll be wearing so we can be sure to shoot you the rod.:hat

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
If I saw you in a bar, it would be one of those transvestite ones on Bourbon Street that everyone wonders through sooner or later. Let me know what kind of outfit you'll be wearing so we can be sure to shoot you the rod.:hat

I have been to bourbon st. countless times and have never ventured to the gay part. I didnt know you were that kind of girl deb.

Deb what do you think of my basketball lessons?

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I have been to bourbon st. countless times and have never ventured to the gay part. I didnt know you were that kind of girl deb.

Deb what do you think of my basketball lessons?

Agreed with everyone else - nice cut and paste job on the basketball lessons. You're kind never touched a friggin basketball, just had wet dreams about being a big time B-Ball player.

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Agreed with everyone else - nice cut and paste job on the basketball lessons. You're kind never touched a friggin basketball, just had wet dreams about being a big time B-Ball player.

Deb i was wondering when your bitch ass was going to show up!

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Deb i was wondering when your bitch ass was going to show up!

Well hell - LUCY, I'M HOME
KMAOMS

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Well hell - LUCY, I'M HOME
KMAOMS

I have no idea what that shit means, I've got an ACTUAL life where we speak ACTUAL words.

Anyway, show your tits.

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I have no idea what that shit means, I've got an ACTUAL life where we speak ACTUAL words.

Anyway, show your tits.

I'd ask you to show your balls, except we all suspect you don't have any:lol

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd ask you to show your balls, except we all suspect you don't have any

Deb, honestly, go to sleep. You have a big day tommorow of cleaning up the house, cooking, and watching oprah.

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Deb, honestly, go to sleep. You have a big day tommorow of cleaning up the house, cooking, and watching oprah.

Is that the best lame ass comment you can come up with.

LOSER:lol:lol:lol

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 09:41 PM
[I'd ask you to show your balls, except we all suspect you don't have any/QUOTE]

That's the only thing you've been harping on. "you must not have a penis" "you must not have balls"

I don't have to try with you anymore b/c you're shit is repetitive and old.

[QUOTE]LOSER

and that's real good.

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE][I'd ask you to show your balls, except we all suspect you don't have any/QUOTE]

That's the only thing you've been harping on. "you must not have a penis" "you must not have balls"

I don't have to try with you anymore b/c you're shit is repetitive and old.

and that's real good.

A little sensitive are we? Remember, there is always help for the sexually impaired.:lmao:lmao

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
A little sensitive are we? Remember, there is always help for the sexually impaired

Well then let me help you, you fat dike. Start working out, grow out the man hair you've got going on. Throw away the flannel shirts and levi jeans. Buy A LOT of makeup, and work on making your voice a little higher.

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Well then let me help you, you fat dike. Start working out, grow out the man hair you've got going on. Throw away the flannel shirts and levi jeans. Buy A LOT of makeup, and work on making your voice a little higher.

Gumby, quit looking in that mirror. Your description of yourself is nothing short of scary.:lol

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Gumby, quit looking in that mirror. Your description of yourself is nothing short of scary

The classic "i know you are but what am i" response. Good one Deb. Did your lifepartner tell you to say that?

jag
05-14-2008, 09:58 PM

hahaha

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Deb don't get your board shorts in a wad, i'm just messing with you.

jag
05-14-2008, 10:01 PM
:lmao @ "lifepartner" and "board shorts"

Deb
05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Deb don't get your board shorts in a wad, i'm just messing with you.

All's fair in love and war

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Good luck finding these lessons elsewhere Deb. I know that you have no clue what I am talking about, so you like to dismiss it as cut and paste. Why are you on this board Deb?

Deb
05-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Good luck finding these lessons elsewhere Deb. I know that you have no clue what I am talking about, so you like to dismiss it as cut and paste. Why are you on this board Deb?

The bigger question is "Why are you on this board"? Go to :hatHorenets Talk if you don't like the heat

Deb
05-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm officially done. Didn't have Mars posting the Don't feed the Trolls sign so I had a little too much fun!

cajunhornetsbayou
05-14-2008, 10:15 PM
The bigger question is "Why are you on this board"? Go to :hatHorenets Talk if you don't like the heat

I have no problem with the supposed "heat" I have won every argument I have had. It has been no contest in each one. Do you have any basketball knowledge? At lease Kori tries to act like she knows something

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
The classic "i know you are but what am i" response. Good one Deb. Did your lifepartner tell you to say that?

Question about your name. I love gumbo as much as the next guy. In fact, I made some the other day, with giant shrimps, alligator sausage, and a few crawfish, and some okra. It was delicious. I live in New Orleans and I never eat restaurant gumbo, no matter how good it is. It's too expensive!

Anyway ... I've never seen a gumbo "ball." What are they, and what are they made from?

cajunhornetsbayou
05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
In today’s lesson I will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of some different defenses:

Man to Man – If run correctly it has the potential to be the best defense. Its not as much about guarding your man as it as about the help side D and rotations. If certain things are done correctly like backing into gaps, a good offense can be somewhat neutralized. Just like all defenses, a lot of communication is necessary. It can be hard to stay in man to man if a team is much quicker and the rotation is not quick enough.

2-3 zone or 2-1-2 zone: The most commonly used zone. It is susceptible to 3 pointers on the wing and top of the key. It is the best zone for blocking out and rebounding, because you have 3 players in or near the lane. The way to negate the 3 point shooting is to extend the zone and be more vulnerable near the basket.

1–2-2 or 3-2 zone: It is becoming more commonly seen as a change of pace D in the NBA. The susceptible part in this zone is obviously the middle of the lane. It is good against 3 point shooting teams because it allows you to extend the defense on the shooters. It is also susceptible if the offense works the ball into the corner and overloads one side. It is tough to rotate block to block since the bottom 2 guys are also responsible for the corners.

1-3-1 zone: Typically a trapping zone. It is not really used in the NBA. It is good for smaller scrappy teams trying to get steals. It is typically used against weak ball handling teams. It can be susceptible to open 3’s if the rotation is not quick enough. The traps are obviously the key to this defense. When trapping, some players have a tendency to give weak traps allowing the offensive player to split them and then you are beat. When trapping you want to mirror the ball and try and force a turnover.

Kori if you use this in one of your articles, I want some cash.

JamStone
05-15-2008, 08:58 AM
why post this?

duncan228
You've got a thread for this.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94990

Kermit
:sleep

E20
05-15-2008, 08:59 AM
For people who don't how defenses work?

endrity
05-15-2008, 08:59 AM
so he can show up the Spurs fans, and pretend the Hornets know more about basketball

cajunhornetsbayou
05-15-2008, 09:08 AM
so he can show up the Spurs fans, and pretend the Hornets know more about basketball

I am not pretending anything. I do know more about basketball than everyone here