Page 415 of 415 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415
Results 10,351 to 10,364 of 10364
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm right there, and it could be Sheppard, but I don't think so.

Trading up for a Risacher would be astonishingly bad.
    When was the last time everyone kept talking about a Spurs trade target and it actually happened?
    That's why I think Risacher interest isn't a thing. Unless he's there at #4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time everyone kept talking about a Spurs trade target and it actually happened?
    That's why I think Risacher interest isn't a thing. Unless he's there at #4.
    Yeah, I'm not even convinced they'd pick Risacher over Sheppard or Castle if all three are available, much less trade up to get him.

Atlanta is in a bad spot. There's a weird disadvantage in getting the #1 in this draft with their needs. My feeling is Risacher is still a screen, or rather bait, trying to get a trade, but that they'll pivot to Clingan. Clingan just gives their team much more shape, is a great dump-target, solidifies their defense. I don't know what Risacher does for them. They already have forwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...

I think we're looking at what most of us think - Clingan, Sarr, probably Sheppard

Then the big question we all have about Risacher or Castle for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the ringer nba draft pod, all three hosts thought the spurs interest in risacher was a smoke screen to cover who they were really interested in
    Risacher a smoke screen?

Could Risacher be the Pas-de-Calais?

Might Sarr be Normandy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy and am not advocating Stein's seeming indication that Sarr would be the target in a trade up to 1 scenario, but I'll play along: If true, Sochan needs to go (as a poor man's Jalen Johnson, he probably wouldn't have much value to them though).

If they're going Eiffel Towers, then the third big needs to be a "laser" of a stretch four.

69.29% of Spurstalk posters are not idiots for not wanting to take Risacher if he was available tbh.
    I was clearly referencing PATFO.

Hypothetically if they moved some combination of 4 and 8(plus whatever) to Atlanta which includes Dejonte then I think they’d like Risacher over Sheppard in that scenario.
    I suspect that's the only scenario they'd move up for because if they're going to come out of this lottery without a guard of some sort, then it'll be because they've got their long term lead guard via trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 + Chicago 2025 FRP + future SRPs for 1 (Sheppard)
    Overpay
    8 + 35 to move up to 5 or 6 (Castle)
    Underpay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Further down the draft, the Suns are a strong candidate to trade down from No. 22. The goal for the Suns, Fischer reports, would be to ac ulate future second round picks while moving down in the first in order to restock their draft capital for trade flexibility. Additionally, adding several rookie contracts onto an expensive roster holds appeal for Phoenix."

Would anybody here trade four second rounders for pick 22 in this draft?
    No. 35 probably holds more value than a late FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading up to #1 seemed like KOC wishcasting before... but now Stein is saying maybe there is some truth to it. Honestly I hope not.

It's probably Atlanta seeding all sorts of rumors to entice someone to move up, since it's become apparent they won't take Sarr and could get their target by trading back. I don't think the media has any clue as to what the Spurs are going to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading up to #1 seemed like KOC wishcasting before... but now Stein is saying maybe there is some truth to it. Honestly I hope not.

Has Marc Stien predicted anything noteworthy in recent years? I just don’t see why the Spurs would want to move up to 1; feels like ATL driving that narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Marc Stien predicted anything noteworthy in recent years? I just don’t see why the Spurs would want to move up to 1; feels like ATL driving that narrative.
    Wasn’t it all started by Givony from ESPN insinuating SA would possibly trade 4 and next years 25 ATL pick back to them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As in the other thread, assuming the Spurs want Risacher:

ATL: 50/50
    WAS: X
    HOU: X

Atlanta wants to get the Spurs to bite on Risacher. They've already said they like Clingan. There's risk that Houston might take and trade Clingan if he drops, but this seems like Houston is okay with that situation if they can get more out of their pick. All the Spurs need to do is call their bluff and have them take a wing, when their needs are heavier elsewhere and they've already indicated they like Clingan.

If the Spurs value a different player, Atlanta may also be searching this out, but since Sarr to Washington is a given, they probably don't think the Spurs want him. Bad fit and what not. Atlanta has floated a little interest in Castle, trying to smoke the Spurs out, but this hasn't gone far.

Just doesn't make sense to trade up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t it all started by Givony from ESPN insinuating SA would possibly trade 4 and next years 25 ATL pick back to them?
    Givony said 4+8. I believe all the rumors came from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. 35 probably holds more value than a late FRP.
    Which is why last year's Spurs' second round is so inexplicable.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of thought exercises on what Atlanta should do. Doesn't seem like SA would want that at all. Unless, they really want a certain player, or only want one rookie this year for some reason --perhaps because they still need more time with Branham and Wesley? The horror.

Thread Information