My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-timberwolves-grades-5/

Another impressive performance, given the cir stances, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice write up porks and very timely too. You cranked this one out not long after gametime.
    I missed the whole thing and was wondering what came down. You did a great job or recreating the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan's J is ter than I hoped; his defense maybe even better. The dude doesn't just move seamlessly between players on the court, he somehow already switches on how to guard them. This was like his fifth game.

Looking forward to playing teams without these big plodding centers (Embiid, Gobert, Towns). I fear their slowness make them easier to play for this team and it won't go this way elsewhere. I think the Wolves are struggling more than we admit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play well, compete, develop, lose - ST’s dream kind of a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play well, compete, develop, lose - ST’s dream kind of a game.
    Yes this was a dream. But being up by 25 or more and winning the 3 prior games is uhhh, certainly not ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is having his best coaching season in years since maybe 2014, and it coincides with the return of Brett Brown. Coincidence? I think not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is having his best coaching season in years since maybe 2014, and it coincides with the return of Brett Brown. Coincidence? I think not.
    You may be onto something there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll probably see a lot more of this sort of game which is great.

I’m not sure we’ll be uncompe ive enough to have the league’s worst record. Bottom 4 still would likely land a great player and a good lottery chance at number one. I think we’ll see teams tanking hard this season, unfortunately. That’s not ever going to be Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too lazy to register "Josh Primo's Ass Spasm" as a username, but it would be a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. TWolves were going to avenge the embarrassing lost and connected a ridiculous 65% fg and almost 60% in 3pt territory, and yet our guys were within striking distance the whole game. And despite the height advantage, our guys had 14 offensive rebounds against zero for the TWolves. Spurs should’ve won this game, again over a team that was ranked as one of the better teams. Again our guys got 30+ plus assists. That’s a remarkable ballsharing for a very young team. I commend Pop and his coaching staff for a great job preparing these guys. They are playing really good basketball and should be proud of themselves.

Keldon with 27 points in a night without Devin, is growing to be a reliable scorer. He has stepped up his game and now seems automatic 20+ scorer. If this continuous, I expect him to get an AS nod, IF the NBA would not snub the Spurs great efforts. There is more focus on his game, contrary to the playful kid that we’ve seen the last 3 years. Keldon is embracing the leadership role that has fallen on his lap.

Sochan is going to be an All NBA Defensive Team on his rookie year, and IF the NBA would not snub his efforts. The kid just knows where to position himself. It’s like having a sixth player out there. His 12 points effort is a plus. I wouldn’t worry so much of his shooting. I know he would figure it out with the shooting coach. This kid is going to be a stud.

Tre is another player that really stepped up. People are forgetting these are 22 yrs old kids, but shows so much composure. Easily last night’s game would’ve been a big lost. But Spurs kept fighting, and Tre was a big part of it. The kid is always attacking, rebounding, defending. Again he deserves all the early praises.

It’s very early in the season, and already this young squad has shown great team work. The synergy, the chemistry whatever you want to call it. Pop I’m sure is very proud of this young team. Occassionally you would see him smiling. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs decided to keep this current roster, because truly they are fun to watch. Beautiful Game 2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. TWolves were goingvto avenge the embarrassing lost and connected a ridiculous 65% fg and almost 60% in 3pt territory, and yet our guys were within striking distance the whole game. And despite the height advantage, our guys had 14 offensive rebounds against zero for the TWolves. Spurs should’ve won this game, again over a team that was ranked as one of the better teams. Again our guys got 30+ plus assists. That’s a remarkable ballsharing for a very young team. I commend Pop and his coaching staff for a great job preparing these guys. They are playing really good basketball and should be proud of themselves.

Keldon with 27 points in a night without Devin, is growing to be a reliable scorer. He has stepped up his game and now seems automatic 20+ scorer. If this continuous, I expect him to get an AS nod, IF the NBA would not snub the Spurs great efforts. Their is more focus on his game, contrary to the playful kid that we’ve seen the last 3 years. Keldon is embrassing the leadership role that has fallen on his lap.

Sochan is going to be an All NBA Defensive Team on his rookie year, and IF the NBA would not snub his efforts. The kid just knows where to position himself. It’s like having a sixth player out there. His 12 points effort is a plus. I wouldn’t worry so much of his shooting. I know he would figure it out with the shooting coach. This kid is going to be a stud.

Tre is another player that really stepped up. People are forgetting these are 22 yrs old kids, but shows so much composure. Easily last night’s game would’ve been a big lost. But Spurs kept fighting, and Tre was a big part of it. The kid is always attacking, rebounding, defending. Again he deserves all the early praises.

It’s very early in the season, and already this young squad has shown great team work. The synergy, the chemistry whatever you want to call it. Pop I’m sure is very proud of this young team. Occassionally you will see him smiling. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs decided to keep this current roster, because truly they are fun to watch. Beautiful Game 2?
    I think if we just let these starters develop (meaning starters including Devin), and if anyone off the bench makes a leap, whether that's Primo, our other 2 #1s, or next year's picks, Spurs will have a good nucleus with plenty of money to spend as needed. Just give them time to deveop over the next 1 to 3 years...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Yak might even end up resigning next year. If the players are having fun they might really appreciate staying here, even in a small market. With so many teams traded out so to speak, there’s definitely a path where we don’t make any trades. But we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if we just let these starters develop (meaning starters including Devin), and if anyone off the bench makes a leap, whether that's Primo, our other 2 #1s, or next year's picks, Spurs will have a good nucleus with plenty of money to spend as needed. Just give them time to deveop over the next 1 to 3 years...
    I completely agree. I’m really liking the synergy of this group, reminiscent of the coffee gang. Spurs would be lucky. These kids are 19-22 yrs old and already playing well as a team, and would only going to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely agree. I’m really liking the synergy of this group, reminiscent of the coffee gang. Spurs would be lucky. These kids are 19-22 yrs old and already playing well as a team, and would only going to get better.
    Truth.

And nice reference to the "coffee gang" - Manu, Patty, Boris and Tiago from the last championship era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    played well and lost. a win-win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Wolves had to shoot 65% on their field goals and 58.8% on three pointers to beat us. Not many teams would beat that kind of shooting night and it was still a reasonably close game throughout. Not a bad loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves looked for blood, shot a wild percentage and the Spurs missed two players ... still it was compe ive. I do not know how this is possible considering difference in talent level. Pop definitely does a great job right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wolves looked for blood, shot a wild percentage and the Spurs missed two players ... still it was compe ive. I do not know how this is possible considering difference in talent level. Pop definitely does a great job right now.
    Small sample size + some of the youth possibly being better than projected.

Having a team bereft of anything resembling a go-to scorer/play maker play a "system" offense is common sense and since none of the youth is established/good enough to object, they have no choice but to buy in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game the spurs controlled they looked far more dominant than the game the Wolves controlled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can continue to develop like this and add one top-tier talent, we will be in very good shape.

I love this team

Thread Information