Page 232 of 361 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 9004
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fake news. back it up.
    Being a propagandist means never having to back up your own bs.

Chris never does.

100% fiat and spam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a propagandist means never having to back up your own bs.

Chris never does.

100% fiat and spam
    Gonna back up my fake news claim:

https://www.journalgazette.net/news/...gun-free-zones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Categorization and nomenclature are a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had you followed the link at El Nono's post, you might have noticed he preemptive rekt your source.

Simple Chris wears a blindfold, not a mask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had you followed the link at El Nono's post, you might have noticed he preemptive rekt your source.

Simple Chris wears a blindfold, not a mask
    yep

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fake news. back it up.
    yeah 97.8% is not a believable statistic, if he had posted like 73% I would have believed it though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah 97.8% is not a believable statistic, if he had posted like 73% I would have believed it though
    Well, a similar research puts it at 10%. Even if we're generous and cut in the middle, that would put it at 55%, and that's without taking into account that crime rate has decreased substantially in the last few decades...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you're talking about something that's defined one way but commonly used in another way, the arguments tend to stratify along the most convenient version.

When you see "what is a mass shooting?" you know you're getting into semantics. That's fine as long as everyone in the discussion is aware that front page mass shootings aren't the only mass shootings being considered, so when someone decides to ignore the "mass shooting" at a party in Baltimore, for example, they aren't really focused on preventing mass shootings as much as preventing high profile mass shootings. So maybe agree to which you're concerned with instead of cherry picking which version you're going with at the moment.

Regardless, "gun free zone" isn't the issue. The issue is large number of soft targets = high kill count success rate i.e eventually a Netflix do entary about the shooter.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, a similar research puts it at 10%. Even if we're generous and cut in the middle, that would put it at 55%, and that's without taking into account that crime rate has decreased substantially in the last few decades...
    Let's just agree that both parties are in the wrong. Both the war on guns and the war on drugs have failed miserably as the black market has proved way too powerful and the worse evil than just having legalization and taxation.

I do think guns purchased should have higher taxes but that also helps to weed out the more-likely-criminal types (i.e. the poor) from acquiring them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det memory hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dems/progressives will use any means necessary to silence the opposition and curtail free speech.

Terrorists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol that owen dude has been making waves since his stunt on the hill during the bull impeachment hoax.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dems/progressives will use any means necessary to silence the opposition and curtail free speech.

Terrorists.
    I only care when free speech is curtailed against conservatives or blind patriots.
    Right cuz anybody else "idgaf."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Terrorists.
    Trump hired Epstein's legal team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for chiming in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you're talking about something that's defined one way but commonly used in another way, the arguments tend to stratify along the most convenient version.

When you see "what is a mass shooting?" you know you're getting into semantics. That's fine as long as everyone in the discussion is aware that front page mass shootings aren't the only mass shootings being considered, so when someone decides to ignore the "mass shooting" at a party in Baltimore, for example, they aren't really focused on preventing mass shootings as much as preventing high profile mass shootings. So maybe agree to which you're concerned with instead of cherry picking which version you're going with at the moment.

Regardless, "gun free zone" isn't the issue. The issue is large number of soft targets = high kill count success rate i.e eventually a Netflix do entary about the shooter.
    That's pretty much the argument on the article I linked, and the reason those stats are generally baloney. There just simply isn't solid definitions of both 'mass shootings' and 'gun free zones', which gives the opportunity to political hacks to basically make up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KY bill would establish preventive detention without probable cause.

https://amp.kentucky.com/news/politi...239389143.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KY bill would establish preventive detention without probable cause.

https://amp.kentucky.com/news/politi...239389143.html
    It's stop and frisk all over again, but with temporary pseudo-arrest without legal recourse. Land of the free.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The issue is large number of soft targets"

The issue American culture's "norm" that gun violence is how to solve "problems", with BigGun's propaganda, with help from Christ-loving pastors. rams that issue home and keeps it there with gullible people.

Got a problem with schools, Jews, abortionists, Muslims, your wife, blacks, browns, someone disses you, culture disses you, women diss you, etc?

American culture's solution, deeply ingrained and continuously re-enforced, says, "shoot 'em", and join law enforcement so you can shoot, or at least beat the out of them, without punishment.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-19-2020 at 11:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty much the argument on the article I linked, and the reason those stats are generally baloney. There just simply isn't solid definitions of both 'mass shootings' and 'gun free zones', which gives the opportunity to political hacks to basically make up.
    As long as people are content with customized definitions, both sides of the arguments will always be right (and wrong).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for chiming in.
    Do you think that kind of government censorship is a good thing, Qhris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as people are content with customized definitions, both sides of the arguments will always be right (and wrong).
    yup, thus the fake news.

Thread Information