Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Riley courted LMA during FA, and the Heat is looking for a big.
    if they take lma we could trafe ddr to magic for gordon and its even much better for us

i doubt the looking for bigs, they already have meyers, bam, kelly, duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they take lma we could trafe ddr to magic for gordon and its even much better for us

i doubt the looking for bigs, they already have meyers, bam, kelly, duncan
    We like what we *hiccup* have

-RC

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks that Keldon might end up being better than anything we could get from Miami. I’m not so sure that I’d include him unless Bam is included on the other end. Duncan Robinson seems like fools gold to me. I’m not so sure he ends up being as consistent as his good moments have led us to believe. Herro is interesting. Nunn... maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill take Bam all day every day
    I think Pop prefers Plumslee over him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at the trade deadline, but I wouldn't rule it out in the off season.

His lack of confidence/agressiveness is Hill esque, he turns 26 this year, they've (foolishly) already comitted to Murray and they're nowhere near dynamic enough on ball or proficient enough off ball to be the "back court of the future".

Hard to say what he'll cost, but if I'm his agent, I'd be seeking a comparable contract to Murray and if I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't want to tie up near or at $30 million annually in a back court with the limitations I detailed.

If they trade DeRozan in the off season and acquire Fournier, Bogdanovic (3-way), Winslow, etc., that could seal White's fate. At that point, I could see them trying to package him with their pick to move up or for a youngish four.

If they're going to go another season with the "mid 3" (which mostly hinges on DeRozan's willingness to opt in), would they?

Though he's pulled an Aldridge in terms of significantly upping his 3-point volume, he still shoots them less frequently than Lyles, but even in decline he's a better, more versatile defender.

Even if they were inclined in theory, the $4.65 million difference in '21-'22 guarantees between him and Carroll could give them pause.
    I was actually thinking that they might move White at the draft to get a higher pick or an additional pick similar to George Hill. White just hasn't been very good this season, it might be the best time to move him before other teams catch on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami as a trade partner doesn't make a lot of sense. Miami isn't likely to give up Bam! or Herro so they really don't have a lot of good young talent worth trading DDR for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks that Keldon might end up being better than anything we could get from Miami. I’m not so sure that I’d include him unless Bam is included on the other end. Duncan Robinson seems like fools gold to me. I’m not so sure he ends up being as consistent as his good moments have led us to believe. Herro is interesting. Nunn... maybe.
    As I've said before, I suspect Winslow and Olynyk would be their offer for Aldridge or DeRozan (with Okpala included in his case, to make the salaries work) and that Aldridge would be their preference.

Even if they were amendable to moving Nunn, the Spurs more than likely wouldn't touch him considering his off court history.

Obviously, forward is a greater positional need than guard, but the biggest need period is elite talent. So, if the best asset they can acquire for either is a guard, take it and then either package it, Murray or White, with the likely incoming late lottery/mid round pick and possibly another future asset, to move up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Miami as a trade partner doesn't make a lot of sense.
    agree.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if miami really needs big like lma:

miami: lma, white, lyles, marco, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd
    magic: ddr, forbes
    spurs: jameson, winslow, meyers, herro, gordon, ross

miami s5: dragic/nunn/butler/lma/bam
    magis s5: fultz/ddr/fournier/isaac/vucevic
    spurs s5: murray/herro/loonie/gordon/meyers + mills/ross/winslow/jameson/poetlt

win win win

#POPOUT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Herro, Nunn? Why, we got Bryn Forbes. He's better than both, works hard in the gym and knows the system. And Bam? Bam ain't ready"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LMA and white to Miami for JW, ML, and herro could get done.

A little different scenario I could see happening since Toronto can't get free agents... LMA + DDR for Gasol + Ibaka + Anunoby + a pick.

That would let Toronto compete to repeat in the East and we get a forward, draft pick, and salary cap relief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what exactly do you people think Herro would do when the Spurs still have Forbes, Mills and Belinelli? Sit on the bench? Play Power Forward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what exactly do you people think Herro would do when the Spurs still have Forbes, Mills and Belinelli? Sit on the bench? Play Power Forward?
    Herro to the G League for two years, naturally, until he's ready.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge for Winslow, Robinson and olynyk. Also, maybe a first?

Murray white
    Walker mills
    Winslow carroll
    Robinson gay
    Poeltl olynyk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you want Dragic and trade Dragic for something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LMA and white to Miami for JW, ML, and herro could get done.

A little different scenario I could see happening since Toronto can't get free agents... LMA + DDR for Gasol + Ibaka + Anunoby + a pick.

That would let Toronto compete to repeat in the East and we get a forward, draft pick, and salary cap relief.
    Really don't like either trade nor think that their realistic.

Aldridge is the best player in that trade so why would the Spurs also have to give up White? Also Heat apparently don't want to give up Herro.

Toronto might be willing to move Ibaka and a pick for DeRozan or Aldridge but unlikely for both and they certainly wouldn't add O.G.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray white
    Walker mills
    Winslow carroll
    Robinson gay
    Poeltl olynyk
    Frankly, I'd much rather have Aldridge than that. Miami also doesn't have trade-able firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather the Spurs wait till the draft and trade Aldridge for Miami's pick (Miami can trade the pick after they make the selection) and filler.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timbs offered dieng covington and reid for drussel. They have really good sense of humor XDD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston need a big in a really bad way and Aldridge would fit there nicely. Of course Ainge is a tight ass, which has bitten him in the past, but the Memphis pick looks like a 12th-18th kind of pick, not a top one it was expected to be. Aldridge for this season and next will make them better than whatever that pick would provide for them.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston need a big in a really bad way and Aldridge would fit there nicely. Of course Ainge is a tight ass, which has bitten him in the past, but the Memphis pick looks like a 12th-18th kind of pick, not a top one it was expected to be. Aldridge for this season and next will make them better than whatever that pick would provide for them.
    brown and tatum is the only players worth trading lma for. I doubt ainge would do that. Hayward makes no sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray white
    Walker mills
    Winslow carroll
    Robinson gay
    Poeltl olynyk

thats an awful return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brown and tatum is the only players worth trading lma for. I doubt ainge would do that. Hayward makes no sense.
    They would have to add R. Williams and 2 1st Rd picks to make it more enticing.

so LMA/Carroll for Hayward/R. Williams/2 2020 1st Rd Picks

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would have to add R. Williams and 2 1st Rd picks to make it more enticing.

so LMA/Carroll for Hayward/R. Williams/2 2020 1st Rd Picks
    looks better but as long as pop is here those 2 1st round picks would end up playing in g league for at least 2yrs.... and i doubt boston would give up 2 firsts while lma isnt so much better than hayward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of so many 1st. Having multiple 1st is good just to move up the draft a few spots.

Thread Information