Page 407 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3073573974034044054064074084094104114174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 40770
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the big challenge after this is for all of us to get psychologically comfortable in public spaces. I probably won't get it going shopping at Target or whatever, but I'd still feel nervous simply shopping at Target. And who knows when our precious sports will return to normal? Don't know long it will take us collectively to be comfortable sitting shoulder-to-shoulder in a stadium or arena. I do think this virus might be able to be snuffed out. One problem with the flu and why it's never been eradicated because it mutates quickly. From what I read on coronaviruses, they mutate very slowly. So if we can get a vax plus herd immunity, we might be able to prevent it from becoming endemic.
    Target and Walmart were a lot better than the HEB I went to, but it was just because of the number of people. Yeah, sporting events, concerts, just indoor bars-- gonna be inching into a cold pool for awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the big challenge after this is for all of us to get psychologically comfortable in public spaces. I probably won't get it going shopping at Target or whatever, but I'd still feel nervous simply shopping at Target. And who knows when our precious sports will return to normal? Don't know long it will take us collectively to be comfortable sitting shoulder-to-shoulder in a stadium or arena. I do think this virus might be able to be snuffed out. One problem with the flu and why it's never been eradicated because it mutates quickly. From what I read on coronaviruses, they mutate very slowly. So if we can get a vax plus herd immunity, we might be able to prevent it from becoming endemic.

For all the talk of mutation, I've heard this one is somewhat stable.

If there is even one effective treatment, we can resume our lives.

Thanks for your posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The models assume all 50 states maintain the same level of social distancing into August. June would reset the clock.
    There will be temptation to resume mid-May... I think it could backfire. But we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're sweating a drive thru, a sporting event is probably along way off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still haven't seen your list there, Joffrey.

What are you doing for your hospital and community?

Inspire us!

Come on, you've had enough time to make something up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be temptation to resume mid-May... I think it could backfire. But we'll see.
    I think parks should be reopened. Can easily socially distance there. Bars, clubs, theaters, etc will be a no go for awhile. I think your AMC theaters and what not should start buying up empty lots where they can find them and turn them into Drive-ins. I can't see anyone being comfortable for like 2 or 3 years going to the movies, so if they want to continue revenue from ticket sales, drive ins might be the only option. There's always the streaming idea, but watching some blockbuster at home is pretty lame. I think people would enjoy Marvel movie number 600 on a 200 foot drive in screen in the comfort of their car. Getting good sound of this will be a challenge (those old drive-in speakers were garbage). Only solution I can think of is to stream the audio to the car's sound system over a dedicated frequency or patrons can bring their Bluetooth speaker of choice where the audio is streamed to (Bluetooth range suck, but you can install repeaters, I suppose).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think parks should be reopened. Can easily socially distance there. Bars, clubs, theaters, etc will be a no go for awhile. I think your AMC theaters and what not should start buying up empty lots where they can find them and turn them into Drive-ins. I can't see anyone being comfortable for like 2 or 3 years going to the movies, so if they want to continue revenue from ticket sales, drive ins might be the only option. There's always the streaming idea, but watching some blockbuster at home is pretty lame. I think people would enjoy Marvel movie number 600 on a 200 foot drive in screen in the comfort of their car. Getting good sound of this will be a challenge (those old drive-in speakers were garbage). Only solution I can think of is to stream the audio to the car's sound system over a dedicated frequency or patrons can bring their Bluetooth speaker of choice where the audio is streamed to (Bluetooth range suck, but you can install repeaters, I suppose).
    There are some new age drive-ins like Blue Starlite that do that. I used an old time window speaker when I went but most people listen over the car radio via low power transmitter. I imagine if the studies like the one you posted hold up, theaters might try some kind of spacing scheme to keep the doors open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I've thought of drive in movies making a comeback too. But we're gonna have to have signs that this is going to be a thing for a very long time.

I would think also that sports might somehow come back sooner than later for TV minus the fans in the stands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually on the other side of this... I suspect once the doors open again, people will go right back. I actually expect life to resume fairly normally 2-3 months after relaxing the lockdowns (with few exceptions like masks), unless we get another e. There will be economic incentives to this, like lower prices, etc.
    If a relatively sound treatment comes around, just forget about it. It's free for all again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I've thought of drive in movies making a comeback too. But we're gonna have to have signs that this is going to be a thing for a very long time.

I would think also that sports might somehow come back sooner than later for TV minus the fans in the stands
    Can't imagine how. All it would take is one false negative on a huge NFL team, a follow up test is done, and - oops - one or two guys actually had the virus. Time to shut it down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some miracle this president delivers reliable, scalable testing and you can confirm you have antibodies, why not hit up the ATT and cheer on the Bryn Forbes led Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some miracle this president delivers reliable, scalable testing and you can confirm you have antibodies, why not hit up the ATT and cheer on the Bryn Forbes led Spurs

Bryn forbes is our hero,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the talk of mutation, I've heard this one is somewhat stable.

If there is even one effective treatment, we can resume our lives.

Thanks for your posts.
    not if d ,but when . Just pray we can stay alive,and ur boy trump comes through

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't imagine how. All it would take is one false negative on a huge NFL team, a follow up test is done, and - oops - one or two guys actually had the virus. Time to shut it down.
    Edit: some sports will make a comeback sooner than later.

I'm not sure why singles tennis, bowling or baseball couldn't be a thing sooner than later for TV only. Maybe make a no slide/no leadoff rule in baseball. Dunno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: some sports will make a comeback sooner than later.

I'm not sure why singles tennis or baseball couldn't be a thing sooner than later. Maybe make a no slide rule in baseball.
    I can see tennis and golf for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather catch Covid than watch Bryn Forbes again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather catch Covid than watch Bryn Forbes again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet not one of them has given up their national health care system.

You know they spend less than half of what we do per capita on health care and have better outcomes, right?
    You know Joe Biden's corpse and its DNC puppeteers will never give you national health care, right?
    They are infinitely more likely than the Trump Death Cult Party to do so.

There are still children in cages. Getting Covid-19. I will vote against that. Happily.

Sorry man, whatever bull you want to make up about Democrats, I will lovingly, happily vote for them.

The Republican party killed our troops in Iraq, by making excuses for Bush's bungling.

The Republican party is now killing our fellow citizens by being slow to act against a pandemic, and in many cases, actively denying the danger.

I will never, ever, vote for a Republican again. They simply cannot be trusted to govern effectively.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    americans and their infatuation with themselves

yes Putins main hobby is to sow discord in the US

forget ruling his country or enjoying his life hobbies. he is like Dr Evil and just wants to destroy our democracy

You deserve to have your testicles removed to prevent breeding if you're genuinely dumb enough to not understand his focus on information warfare

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are infinitely more likely than the Trump Death Cult Party to do so.
    nope, Biden and Pelosi and all the Dem establishment are both against Medicare for All, because they are paid by BigInsurance. Biden also told his BigDonor there would be no tax increase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually on the other side of this... I suspect once the doors open again, people will go right back. I actually expect life to resume fairly normally 2-3 months after relaxing the lockdowns (with few exceptions like masks), unless we get another e. There will be economic incentives to this, like lower prices, etc.
    If a relatively sound treatment comes around, just forget about it. It's free for all again.
    Without a vaccine, a e is guaranteed after the lockdown is relaxed. The masks the general public are wearing don't do except remind us not to touch our face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You deserve to have your testicles removed to prevent breeding if you're genuinely dumb enough to not understand his focus on information warfare
    every country practices information warfare. china, france, us, uk, israel, turkey, you name it

doesnt mean that Putins main hobby

he wants to destroy our democracy

thats actually information warfare talking point from american intelligence. wake up lemming

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have family in front lines of this. What are you doing, pussy?
    I didn't ask what your family is doing, Darrin.

What are you doing for your hospital and community?

Surely you're very proud of everything you are doing now and want to set an example.
    Wait, so because your family is in the front lines that means you're doing your part?
    You don't know what I'm doing.
    I'm certainly not counting my family's actions on the front lines as my own. That would be pretty much the saddest thing anyone could try to pull.
    Reminds me of King Joffrey from GOT for some reason
    imagine putting out that first quote and thinking “yeah, that'll shut them up!” holy crap Darrin is such a stupid asshole.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    NYT good now

Thread Information