Page 757 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2576577077477537547557567577587597607617678078571257 ... LastLast
Results 18,901 to 18,925 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida ifr less than flu. Attentuon ChumpDumper baseline bum TimDunkem RandomGuy pgardn

Oh no for you. Great news for science
    yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt u get tested for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing says Murica quite like dancing with some obese in brown water while GNR blasts in the background

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt u get tested for it?
    Yea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vietnam is probably the most successful country on Earth wrt containing corona, zero deaths in a country of 100m
    My cousin is a dark mexican looking mofo and he married a vietnamese chick. They are living a normal life like nothing is happening. I dont get it. And we are flooding on infections.

Sure they have the communist party who will come to pick you up to your house if you are inf3cted and thats no picnic. But dam they are living a decent life while we are drowning on infections.

Doesn not make sense imo

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My cousin is a dark mexican looking mofo and he married a vietnamese chick. They are living a normal life like nothing is happening. I dont get it. And we are flooding on infections.

Sure they have the communist party who will come to pick you up to your house if you are inf3cted and thats no picnic. But dam they are living a decent life while we are drowning on infections.

Doesn not make sense imo
    Vietnam took it seriously because they are right next to China and poor as . As a substantial group on this board shows, we're still in denial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vietnam took it seriously because they are right next to China and poor as . As a substantial group on this board shows, we're still in denial.
    Yeah i guess

My cousin had a fever on May and obviously he hid it from everyone as he did not want to get taken to the tank. The tank is probably full of infected ppl and they dont let you out. But his family wears masks even in the house sonthey dont worry. Its a different world i guess

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah i guess

My cousin had a fever on May and obviously he hid it from everyone as he did not want to get taken to the tank. The tank is probably full of infected ppl and they dont let you out. But his family wears masks even in the house sonthey dont worry. Its a different world i guess
    Yeah, I don't know about Vietnam in particular but Asians seem to be more used to masks from pollution and earlier pandemics. We only mandated it because it's the last arrow in the quiver before shutting down again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assault charges for man who refused to wear mask, coughed on 2 women, police say

PLYMOUTH, Mass. – Police have arrested a 59-year-old man on threatening and assault charges after a disturbance over wearing face masks at a Massachusetts restaurant.

Edward McGuire turned himself in to police Tuesday, the day after the incident.

McGuire is accused of coughing in the faces of two female customers of the restaurant and saying he hoped they get COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. He also is accused of driving dangerously in the restaurant parking lot, threatening the safety of people dining outdoors.

The incident occurred Monday night after employees of the restaurant asked McGuire to wear a face mask.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/5378312002/

---

smh boomers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep citing new, younger infections as evidence of a declining death rate as if infections in the last 2 weeks are reflected in today's death count? Those deaths won't happen until an average of 25 days have passed. If you count back 25 days then you'll see we were around our lowest daily infections of the pandemic and the low death count now reflects that.

Yes, treatments have improved, but those deaths will predictably rise as the 25 day average passes and hospitals fill up due to the incredible amount of infections we're beginning to now see. We might even go well past 2k a day again if we start hitting 100k infections a day in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 07-05-2020 at 01:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the data set is insufficient, you get bad results. We don't really know where COVID-19 outbreaks are or what they're doing. There's not enough testing and even if there were, the turnaround is too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, death is a lagging indicator. Given the current rate of infection, prepare to be horrified.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Experts say coronavirus is spreading through ‘airborne transmission’

— and there could be major implications

The World Health Organization was warned in an open letter sent by 239 scientists from 32 countries that COVID-19 is being spread through airborne transmission

“If airborne transmission is a significant factor in the pandemic,

especially in crowded spaces with poor ventilation,

the consequences for containment will be significant.

Masks may be needed indoors, even in socially distant settings.

Health care workers may need N95 masks

that filter out even the smallest respiratory droplets as they care for coronavirus patients,”

“Ventilation systems
    in schools, nursing homes, residences and businesses may need to minimize recirculating air and add powerful new filters.

Ultraviolet lights may be needed to kill viral particles floating in tiny droplets indoors.”

The debate is largely over the distinction between respiratory droplets or aerosols.

“Whether carried aloft by large droplets that zoom through the air after a sneeze, or by much smaller exhaled droplets that may glide the length of a room, these experts said,

the coronavirus is borne through air and can infect people when inhaled,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/exp...-implications/

what about C19 landing in the eyes?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-05-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Americans Understand How Badly They’re Doing?

In France, where I live, the virus is under control. I can hardly believe the news coming out of the United States.

As Donald Trump’s America continues to shatter records for daily infections,

France, like most other developed nations and even some undeveloped ones, seems to have beat back the virus.

The numbers are not ambiguous.

From a peak of 7,581 new cases across the country on March 31, and with a death toll now just below 30,000—at one point the world’s fourth highest—

there were just 526 new cases on June 13

America, however, is an utter disaster.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/america-land-pathetic/613747/

, Yeah!

USA USA USA

Trash fellators, FREEDUMB fetishists, rednecks, bubbas, Repugs,

OWNING THE LIBS!

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...pickerSort=asc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, death is a lagging indicator. Given the current rate of infection, prepare to be horrified.
    I still think too many young ppl got infected tbis round so not too many deaths

But when this young ppl show that tbey infected grandma in a couple weeks then younwill see carcasses pile up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FDA Chief Won’t Refute Trump’s Claim That 99% Of Coronavirus Cases Are ‘Harmless’

On Saturday, the President said, without evidence, that due to testing almost 40 million people for the coronavirus, “we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless.”

Hahn acknowledge the surging coronavirus cases in the country, but

said that “it’s too early” What's Hahn waiting for?

and won’t “speculate on what the causation is there.” speculate!

Pressed again on Trump’s false claim, Hahn responded that

he’s “not going to get into who is right and who is wrong.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fda-commissioner-hahn-trump-claim-99-percent-coronavirus-cases-harmless?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

He won't call a mortally wrong LIAR a LIAR, because values his job/salary more than Americans' lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think too many young ppl got infected tbis round so not too many deaths

But when this young ppl show that tbey infected grandma in a couple weeks then you will see carcasses pile up
    People are too fixated on COVID-19 mortality. The incidence of permanent disability and psychological issues are considerable. Gonna put a s ch in US productivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too fixated on COVID-19 mortality. The incidence of permanent disability and psychological issues are considerable. Gonna put a s ch in US productivity.
    What permanent disability? There’d been suggestions of lung damage, but I haven’t seen anything corroborated one way or another.

Psychological damage goes both ways. At this point, your options as I see them are: re-enter lockdown, maintain the status quo, or re-open. If the death rate is truly low, I don’t see why we don’t move to re-open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What permanent disability? There’d been suggestions of lung damage, but I haven’t seen anything corroborated one way or another.

Psychological damage goes both ways. At this point, your options as I see them are: re-enter lockdown, maintain the status quo, or re-open. If the death rate is truly low, I don’t see why we don’t move to re-open.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we have indicators now that this is going to go much further than the lungs.
    kidneys, heart, brain... it’s a wait-and-see, but I would rather not see damage right now in these other areas

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 30% hasn't been horrified by the first 130k deaths, why will they care about the next 130k?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we have indicators now that this is going to go much further than the lungs.
    kidneys, heart, brain... it’s a wait-and-see, but I would rather not see damage right now in these other areas
    You got a link for that? Everything I’ve seen says we don’t know, but have seen lung damage repair

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got a link for that? Everything I’ve seen says we don’t know, but have seen lung damage repair
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...sed-by-covid19

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...7/organ-damage

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...d-19-infection

And I read a bunch of others that are not in the above and much better.

Also, just having to go ICU and the type of stuff they have to do save your life can be detrimental long term.
    ICU effect or something like that.
    It is disconcerting for me right now, I just hoped people would pop back to perfectly healthy.

Thread Information