Page 793 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2936937437837897907917927937947957967978038438931293 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,825 of 40795
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Did you cross check this data before posting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Influenza death rates are completely wrong. Did Business Insider use 2020-2021 influenza stats...meaning we haven't even hit our flu season?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
    ^ the usual tsa link. "THE NUMBERS ARE IN THERE YOU GO FIND THEM"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you cross check this data before posting?
    Did you cross check with gummi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always the self reported issue where only people with symptoms who actively seek medical care (and testing) get reported as COVID cases whereas influenza is mostly estimate. Ever have the flu? Ever know anyone who did? Were they actually tested?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ^ the usual tsa link. "THE NUMBERS ARE IN THERE YOU GO FIND THEM"
    lazy Blake can't do three scrolls down on his mouse wheel

You're the one who posted Business Insider graph...did you cross check the data before posting? Do you believe it to be accurate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lazy tsa wants to post a link and run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lazy Blake can't do three scrolls down on his mouse wheel

You're the one who posted Business Insider graph...did you cross check the data before posting? Do you believe it to be accurate?
    If it's a choice to believe you or the BI graph based on CDC numbers?

Lol tsa

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Did you cross check with gummi?
    gummi can properly create a graph unlike whoever made the graph you posted. Post the source data from the graph you posted.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If it's a choice to believe you or the BI graph based on CDC numbers?

Lol tsa
    Let's see those CDC influenza numbers Blake.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kids are quarantined at home with parents or other immediate family instead of being at school all day among other kids their time around adults throughout the day has increased. Adults are the ones infecting kids.

Step up for once.

How many kids 5-17 have died from Covid in the US?

What’s the hospitalization rate for kids 5-17 with Covid?
    Kids who have not been in school have not died, therefore kids will not die if they are put in school.

Logic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gummi can properly create a graph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see those CDC influenza numbers Blake.
    "....What’s more, scientists today have a better sense of how to measure COVID-19's lethality, and the numbers are alarming. Using a more sophisticated calculation called the infection-fatality rate, paired with the past few months’ worth of data, the latest best estimates show that COVID-19 is around 50 to 100 times more lethal than the seasonal flu, on average......

......Using a statistical model, epidemiologists at Columbia University estimated the infection-fatality rate for New York City based on its massive outbreak from March 1 to May 16. Their results, published online as a non-peer reviewed preprint on June 29, show that the coronavirus may be even deadlier than first thought. According to their data, the COVID-19 infection-fatality rate is 1.46 percent, or twice as high as earlier estimates(and much higher than a misinformed rate being widely shared on social media). This risk varies by age, with those older than 75 having the highest infection-fatality rate, at 13.83 percent....

...Using the handful of studies that have calculated infection-fatality rates for seasonal flu, Meyerowitz-Katz determined that somewhere between 1 and 10 people die for every 100,000 that are infected. For COVID-19, that number ranges between 500 and 1,000 deaths per 100,000 infections. By his calculations, the coronavirus is likely to be 50 to 100 times more deadly than the seasonal flu, which supports the Columbia University findings......

....Part of the problem with communicating the true death rate is that COVID-19 fatalities have been especially challenging to track in a timely manner. Registering that a death has occurred and determining its cause are two basic functions of public health. Even in situations less chaotic and slower-moving than COVID-19, it can take several days for state officials to receive notification of a death. States then forward their data to the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, where the death and its cause are logged.

Due to the significance of the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC has added an extra step in which the agency uses humans instead of computers to verify the information on the death certificate before they formally add it to their tally. Although the CDC has gotten much faster at performing this task since March, it is still taking around a week to formally record a coronavirus death, says Kirk Bol, manager of the Vital Statistics Program at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment...."

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...lity-rate-cvd/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Published — July 22, 2020

EXCLUSIVE: WHITE HOUSE PRIVATELY WARNS 11 CITIES MUST TAKE “AGGRESSIVE” ACTION IN CORONAVIRUS FIGHT

New red flags about the severity of the coronavirus outbreak come after Trump focused on upsides in televised briefing

Dr. Deborah Birx, a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, warned state and local leaders in a private phone call Wednesday that 11 major cities are seeing increases in the percentage of tests coming back positive for COVID-19 and should take “aggressive” steps to mitigate their outbreaks.

The cities she identified were

Baltimore,
    Cleveland,
    Columbus,
    Indianapolis,
    Las Vegas,
    Miami,
    Minneapolis,
    Nashville,
    New Orleans,
    Pittsburgh and
    St. Louis.

The call was yet another private warning about the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreaks given to local officials but not the public at large.

Increasing test positivity — an indicator that a community does not have an outbreak under control — should be expected in areas that reopened and grew more relaxed about social distancing measures, said Harvard epidemiologist
    Bill Hanage.

He said the warnings and data from the White House

should be made public. no way, Trash hides everything

“The best way to deal with a crisis or a natural disaster is

to be straight with people,

to earn their trust and

to give the information they need

to make decisions for themselves and their communities.”

Birx told hundreds of emergency managers and other state and local leaders that they should act quickly to stem the outbreaks.

encouraging declines in test positivity in places like Phoenix and San Antonio but warned that

the outbreak in the Sunbelt was moving north.

“What started out very much as a southern and western epidemic is

starting to move up the East Coast into

Tennessee,
    Arkansas,
    up into Missouri,
    up across Colorado, and
    obviously we’re talking about increases now in Baltimore,”

https://publicintegrity.org/health/coronavirus-and-inequality/warning-from-birx-11-cities-must-take-coronavirus-aggressive-efforts/

Trash read out loud that pandemic was going to get worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would certainly consider reopening schools the way Switzerland did.

Schools reopened in Switzerland on May 11, 2020 with strict social distancing measures in place. Many schools have reduced class sizes in half and students attend in-person classes only 2 days per week to allow for space for the smaller class sizes. Desks have been moved further apart and tape marks have been placed on the floor to aid students in maintaining appropriate physical distance. Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout schools. School re-opening for students in grade 10 and above and for university students was delayed until June 8.

https://globalhealth.washington.edu/...%20%282%29.pdf

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "....What’s more, scientists today have a better sense of how to measure COVID-19's lethality, and the numbers are alarming. Using a more sophisticated calculation called the infection-fatality rate, paired with the past few months’ worth of data, the latest best estimates show that COVID-19 is around 50 to 100 times more lethal than the seasonal flu, on average......

......Using a statistical model, epidemiologists at Columbia University estimated the infection-fatality rate for New York City based on its massive outbreak from March 1 to May 16. Their results, published online as a non-peer reviewed preprint on June 29, show that the coronavirus may be even deadlier than first thought. According to their data, the COVID-19 infection-fatality rate is 1.46 percent, or twice as high as earlier estimates(and much higher than a misinformed rate being widely shared on social media). This risk varies by age, with those older than 75 having the highest infection-fatality rate, at 13.83 percent....

...Using the handful of studies that have calculated infection-fatality rates for seasonal flu, Meyerowitz-Katz determined that somewhere between 1 and 10 people die for every 100,000 that are infected. For COVID-19, that number ranges between 500 and 1,000 deaths per 100,000 infections. By his calculations, the coronavirus is likely to be 50 to 100 times more deadly than the seasonal flu, which supports the Columbia University findings......

....Part of the problem with communicating the true death rate is that COVID-19 fatalities have been especially challenging to track in a timely manner. Registering that a death has occurred and determining its cause are two basic functions of public health. Even in situations less chaotic and slower-moving than COVID-19, it can take several days for state officials to receive notification of a death. States then forward their data to the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, where the death and its cause are logged.

Due to the significance of the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC has added an extra step in which the agency uses humans instead of computers to verify the information on the death certificate before they formally add it to their tally. Although the CDC has gotten much faster at performing this task since March, it is still taking around a week to formally record a coronavirus death, says Kirk Bol, manager of the Vital Statistics Program at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment...."

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...lity-rate-cvd/
    Those aren't the numbers from CDC. Post the source data that Business Insider used from the CDC Blake. You don't even need to do covid, just find the influenza data and post it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Switzerland has the pandemic under control, like ALL other industrial, advanced countries EXCEPT ...

USA's pandemic, under Repug MISgovernance, is exploding

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...pickerSort=asc

you can see that Switzerland opening schools, etc was followed by a significant increases in cases a few weeks later, from under 20 news cases /day to now over 90

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those aren't the numbers from CDC. Post the source data that Business Insider used from the CDC Blake. You don't even need to do covid, just find the influenza data and post it.
    They did it for you. You're an idiot

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    They did it for you. You're an idiot
    The only idiot is the one who saw that graph and thought it backed their position. Any non-idiot would have realized right away it was wrong. Those numbers for influenza are no where to be found from CDC. Influenza is far more deadly than Covid for kids 0-17. The 65+ death rate for influenza is wrong too. Show me the data Business Insider used from the CDC to create that graph you thought proved a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only idiot is the one who saw that graph and thought it backed their position. Any non-idiot would have realized right away it was wrong. Those numbers for influenza are no where to be found from CDC. Influenza is far more deadly than Covid for kids 0-17. The 65+ death rate for influenza is wrong too. Show me the data Business Insider used from the CDC to create that graph you thought proved a point.
    Then why is Trump pushing for masks and vaccines tbqh??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why is Trump pushing for masks and vaccines tbqh??
    trump is part of the anti-trump conspiracy

deep state methods now include inception

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump is part of the anti-trump conspiracy

deep state methods now include inception
    Hes part of the communist jew conspiracy that is aligned with the pope and bill gates????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes part of the communist jew conspiracy that is aligned with the pope and bill gates????
    and mark of the beast 666

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to 1k carcasses a day again damns nigas

Corona soon to become leading cause of death in cali

Just a little flu. Time to go bbq some chorizo

Thread Information