Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    1m
    San Antonio Spurs will not extend a qualifying offer to young guard Quinndary Weatherspoon and he’ll become an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell @YahooSports.
    Not a surprise to me, anyway. I think his ticket was punched when Tre was drafted and signed to the big club roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quinndary will get picked up by some team and, down the road, post a 7 for 11 from three-point range night, thereby resulting in a thread about why the spurs let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree that any position is safe on the Spurs. We’ve had two losing seasons in a row. If there’s any rationality left, nobody’s job is safe, and no player’s minutes are safe.

Well, I’d consider Devin and Luka safe because we don’t even know what they can do yet. I wouldn’t give up a player whose abilities are unknown. Perhaps add Tre to that.

But anybody else could go, if a better player can be found. That includes Dejounte, Derrick, Keldon and Lonnie.

If I could get Bullock I think I’d look to move Lonnie. I’d hate it but I’d do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a surprise to me, anyway. I think his ticket was punched when Tre was drafted and signed to the big club roster.
    Doesn't even get a minimum offer from the spurs ... at least it opens up a two way slot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bullock but the questions I would have is a what price and what position does he play.

The spurs are pretty much set in rotation at the guard and small forward spot. Between Dejounte and Derrick starting, Jones and Lonnie off the bench, Keldon and Vassel, the 1 2 and 3 positions don't have any real minutes for someone new unless somebody already on the team is not getting minutes. Luka might get some minutes at the 3 as well for when Pop wants to go ultra big.

This is a bit of a problem with all this cap space. The only thing we really NEED is an offensive big cause Poeltl is such a pussy, and a back up big for when Poeltl gets into inevitable foul trouble. Anybody that doesn't play the 4 or 5 is just going to eat into somebody else on the team minutes, and i think a lot of those minutes are set in stone. Bullock isn't going to play the 4 or 5 for us so then the question becomes how does he get minutes over our other guards and wings and then how much money are you paying him.
    Word is he could fetch the MLE. He makes no sense for the Spurs, who have 1-2 (presuming DeRozan is gone and Johnson plays more three, that leaves Mills and Walker IV as question marks) open rotational spots from 1-3 and have a need for another creator and off movement shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree that any position is safe on the Spurs. We’ve had two losing seasons in a row. If there’s any rationality left, nobody’s job is safe, and no player’s minutes are safe.

Well, I’d consider Devin and Luka safe because we don’t even know what they can do yet. I wouldn’t give up a player whose abilities are unknown. Perhaps add Tre to that.

But anybody else could go, if a better player can be found. That includes Dejounte, Derrick, Keldon and Lonnie.

If I could get Bullock I think I’d look to move Lonnie. I’d hate it but I’d do it.
    I think White and Lonnie are at the top of that "could trade list".

Lonnie would be especially enticing to a team wanting to make a low-risk, high-reward move considering his possible extension.

Derrick probably has a red flag on him right now due to injury concerns, and his contract is already set at (or maybe slightly above) value.

Either way, the Spurs have a lot of young guys that are still uncertain to develop, and can't hold on to all of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelly O anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have not heard good things about him and don't think he passes the Spurs Pub test.

Blows kisses at people after hitting 3s, thinks he's a star etc.

Former GS centre Andrew Bogut supposedly revealed on his podcast that he gave the Warriors an ultimatum, "...he wouldn't be coming off the bench next season."

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-ke...t-his-remarks/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have not heard good things about him and don't think he passes the Spurs Pub test.

Blows kisses at people after hitting 3s, thinks he's a star etc.

Former GS centre Andrew Bogut supposedly revealed on his podcast that he gave the Warriors an ultimatum, "...he wouldn't be coming off the bench next season."

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-ke...t-his-remarks/
    Sorry, Kelly olynik

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed everyone is tradable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't even get a minimum offer from the spurs ... at least it opens up a two way slot.
    two way slot will likely go to the 2nd round pick this year, which means dont expect them to play much unless they throw part of the MLE instead like they did with Tre

players paid least get played the least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, Kelly olynik

Oops, my bad on the assumption. Hope you found my O'ubre musings useful at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two way slot will likely go to the 2nd round pick this year, which means dont expect them to play much unless they throw part of the MLE instead like they did with Tre

players paid least get played the least
    I think it all depends on the pick. Jones was on many boards as a first rounder, which is why he got a roster spot. He was drafted at 41. Q was drafted at 49. So basically a top 1/3 second rounder vs. a bottom 1/3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect that the covid infection sealed the deal for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eat a clown......there’s no metrics to support your dumb ass claims!
    Translation:

Tell us again about how Milutinov is still coming over and going to save us!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Translation:

Tell us again about how Milutinov is still coming over and going to save us!
    Hi. I’ve been waiting for you.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One free agent that has the potential to be a sleeper is Furkan Korkmaz of the 76ers. He's a good three point shooter at 6'7" and becoming an average defender after being a poor defender his first couple of years. I don't think he'd be expensive, but I also don't think Philly will want to spend too much on him either, having a bit of a logjam at SG/SF and a team payroll that will already be at $130mil this summer before any signings.
    He's one of those guys that's showing slow steady improvement-- nothing spectacular, but definite improvement-- and he's still not yet 24 years old.
    Here are his WS/48, BPM, and VORP for his first four seasons:

'17-18, age 20:
    WS/48= -0.006
    BPM= -7.6
    VORP= -0.1

'18-19, age 21:
    WS/48= .079
    BPM= -1.8
    VORP= 0.0

'19-20, age 22:
    WS/48= .085
    BPM= -1.3
    VORP= 0.3

'20-21, age 23:
    WS/48= .092
    BPM= -0.3
    VORP = 0.5

If he continues on this trajectory, it's plausible he'll be a good shooting, net positive player a few years from his prime-- maybe the perfect time to sign a reliable bench guy on the cheap.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...korkmfu01.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One free agent that has the potential to be a sleeper is Furkan Korkmaz of the 76ers. He's a good three point shooter at 6'7" and becoming an average defender after being a poor defender his first couple of years. I don't think he'd be expensive, but I also don't think Philly will want to spend too much on him either, having a bit of a logjam at SG/SF and a team payroll that will already be at $130mil this summer before any signings.
    He's one of those guys that's showing slow steady improvement-- nothing spectacular, but definite improvement-- and he's still not yet 24 years old.
    Here are his WS/48, BPM, and VORP for his first four seasons:

'17-18, age 20:
    WS/48= -0.006
    BPM= -7.6
    VORP= -0.1

'18-19, age 21:
    WS/48= .079
    BPM= -1.8
    VORP= 0.0

'19-20, age 22:
    WS/48= .085
    BPM= -1.3
    VORP= 0.3

'20-21, age 23:
    WS/48= .092
    BPM= -0.3
    VORP = 0.5

If he continues on this trajectory, it's plausible he'll be a good shooting, net positive player a few years from his prime-- maybe the perfect time to sign a reliable bench guy on the cheap.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...korkmfu01.html
    Nice find! I wouldn’t mind at all....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Otto porter an Ufa this off season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Otto porter an Ufa this off season?
    He hasn’t even been a league average player in 3 years.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooooooooo, Drummond is probably out in LA. If I recall, we don’t want him. What if he were willing to take a redemption contract in the upper single digits or lower double digits in terms of salary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooooooooo, Drummond is probably out in LA. If I recall, we don’t want him. What if he were willing to take a redemption contract in the upper single digits or lower double digits in terms of salary?
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you sign Torry Craig this offseason who is a FA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you sign Torry Craig this offseason who is a FA?
    No thank you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turning the attention to teams attaching assets to move contracts for a moment... We've discussed Horford... but what about the Kemba contract? How much would they need to attach to move it into our cap space?
    I've thought about this after reading an article on ways we could move up in the draft. They don't mention Kemba, but given the new FO in Boston it would be worth looking into.

The two other options the article gave were: Spurs taking on Wiggins contact for Minnesota's pick or Love for Cleveland's pick.

Honestly I would take either of the latter. We aren't winning a chip in the next two years (the length of each contract) but those picks may be good enough to find a franchise cornerstone that could lead us back.

I'm partial to the Love trade because I think he could run at the 4 and spread the floor with his 3's. With DDR gone his minutes would be freed up and we could have a solid 1-3 rotation with our young guys while still using Johnson as a backup 4 occasionally. Tons of minutes to go around, time to develop the young guys, adds 3 point shooting, and provides a great pick in the process. Doubt they would do it though. They're in no desperation to clear up cap space.

GS might because they are overloaded and moving Wiggins might give them the relief they need to find a quality role player to go with the current roster. They certainly have reasons not to though. Why keep Wiggins for two years then trade him away right at the finish line?

Thread Information