Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    fitting par for the course
    Last edited by playblair; 11-04-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to tank.
    Start tanking
    This is a weak year draft wise to tank
    Spurstalk never fails.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing worse than "weak draft" people.

All of them ing experts on how will each player develop.

Btw, we already have a top5 pick from 2022 draft, it's just that we got him a year early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh we have 2-3 years in the lottery top 10. Enough chances to find a few pieces to build around. Additionally, we are building further draft capital and McLovin or White are probably our worst contracts. Lots of options here. Oh and Pop likely gone. All positives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk man this was supposed to be a "super deep" draft and 3 of the top 5 picks look like garbage so far. At this point it's obvious that most draft experts don't know about evaluating talent

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    There's nothing worse than "weak draft" people.

All of them ing experts on how will each player develop.

Btw, we already have a top5 pick from 2022 draft, it's just that we got him a year early.
    i am a basketball scout for a major website btw i predicted primo to be a gem...........i watch every college game from every team that airs.........2022draft is weak no excuses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk man this was supposed to be a "super deep" draft and 3 of the top 5 picks look like garbage so far. At this point it's obvious that most draft experts don't know about evaluating talent
    Meanwhile, the last "franchise changer" Zion is out there looking like he ate the rest of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter as long as Pop is the coach this franchise ain’t going anywhere but downhill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the last "franchise changer" Zion is out there looking like he ate the rest of the team.
    said when they drafted him that NO was the wrong place for Zion. Dude is a good player though too bad he's so stupid. It's gonna be interesting who is gonna make the playoffs first between the ty Spurs, Rockets, and Pelicans. Might as well add Ja in there after he heads to LA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am a basketball scout for a major website btw i predicted primo to be a gem...........i watch every college game from every team that airs.........2022draft is weak no excuses
    Don't worry about college, RC is probably in some European country, full voyeur mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't pretend to know how weak or strong the next draft is going to be but is that white 100 pound 7 footer with no muscles REALLY considered the top pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry about college, RC is probably in some European country, full voyeur mode.
    Just wasted two years on a European player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything the experts are saying indicates that this will be a good draft year, just like last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything the experts are saying indicates that this will be a good draft year, just like last year.
    Yeah, this draft class is loaded with big man prospects which the Spurs are in desperate need of.

And great players come out of weak draft classes too. Isn't the Tony Parker/Pau Gasol draft class considered weak, yet it produced those two aforementioned HOFers plus Zach Randolph, Joe Johnson & Tyson Chandler?

The 2013 draft class is also extremely weak - with a ton of busts - yet there is another future HOFer draft right in the middle of the 1st round (Giannis Antetokounmpo).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft is a bloody crap shoot. Look at all the top 10 picks that failed to do a damn thing. Then go even further to all the first overall picks who busted. What made this team successful was one of the few first overall picks to have an amazing career a 28th pick and a 57th pick...

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we don't draft one of those stupid ass schlongo ball kids

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weak draft?? Way too early to tell something like that. Plus people have been talking about Holmgren and Banchero for a while too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you were begging for this going so far as to boycott the team last year because of the old core, no? you can't then complain we are tanking after we tried to hang on to mediocrity now that we've gone with a full youth movement.

I resisted the move to go young until about halfway through last season when I finally accepted we can't do the hybrid tank (hope for 8 seeds and get good on the lottery fringe).

That said, I've had enough of Pop and his rotations. If you're gonna go with a youth movement, then play your youngest player. Let him learn and excel with the ppl he'll be going against for the next 15 yrs. It's not like this is the Timmy era and you can finesse your player development while still winning 55 games.

I want Primo to play. I want Vassell to play (more minutes). I want Jones to play more. I want Jock to play more.

Pop seemingly thinks his rotational lineup is just development yrs away from the playoffs. When the reality is Murray is your only existing player that should be in your starting lineup for a playoff contender. KJ and White are what they are, solid bench guys. Same with Poeltl...he is a good defender but so limited on offense --> he will not be a starting center on a playoff contender --> yeah I said it. McBuckets can be a solid player on a playoff team off the bench as well. Which means they need to be looking for 4 starters. Give Primo more than 5 minutes that aren't in garbage time.

Point is we aren't going anywhere much further with that starting 5 and Pop and his ty development lately isn't gonna make it so.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we don't draft one of those stupid ass schlongo ball kids
    Schlongo ball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need those picks for Austin sir!

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they somehow get the first pick, Banchero is the exact kind of player the Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not tanking they're just young and suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not tanking they're just young and suck.
    A difference with no distinction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need those picks for Austin sir!
    When you realize your team sucked and tanked the whole season, then the pick will just play in Austin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this a thing? For the past 10 years the draft has only produce 3 MVP worthy players and none of them are drafted in the lottery.

Thread Information