Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If McConnell votes to convict it means enough other senators do too. I’ll name the other 12 just as a for instance, the big difference between these senators and house reps is that they don’t need to run every 2 years. 6 yrs from now Trump would be completely irrelevant if he’s convicted.

Toomey - already more or less said he’d vote to convict and isn’t running again; he’s probably a yes even w/o McConnell
    Thune - already broke from Trump and never breaks from McConnell
    Grassley - likely isn’t running again and at this point is just a senile old man who follows McConnell
    Ernst - Wouldn’t ever go against both McConnell and Grassley
    Cornyn - US Chamber of Commerce , and the Chamber has already broken against Trump; just got re-elected
    Burr - Already condemned Trump as “responsible” for Capitol attack and isn’t running again
    Tillis - Just got re-elected and has never been more than a McConnell tool
    Moore-Capito - Just got re-elected and relies on the coal lobby that McConnell controls
    Cassidy - Just got re-elected, fancies himself a “moderate” and never liked Trump, just needs the cover McConnell gives
    Shelby - Never liked Trump and isn’t running again; someone else who just needs cover from McConnell
    Risch - Just got re-elected to what’s likely his last term. Another person who just follows McConnell
    Sullivan - Just re-elected and relies on McConnell oil money/allegiance with Murkowski
    Nice to see once they convict they'd only need 51 votes to bar him from ever holding office again. It gives enough cover for the GOP that it really could happen ( * Lucy setting up football... * ).

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nice to see once they convict they'd only need 51 votes to bar him from ever holding office again. It gives enough cover for the GOP that it really could happen ( * Lucy setting up football... * ).
    I’m still not convinced McConnell is a yes vote to convict, but I don’t think there’s even a question that if he is, there’s enough votes to convict. Even if he doesn’t control how other GOP senators vote, there’s no way he’s going to vote to convict without knowing for sure there are 67 votes.

Its no surprise he didn’t call the senate back in session early so people shouldn’t read into that either way. Regardless of how he feels about impeachment, he’s not going to pass up the opportunity to use an impeachment trial as a way to obstruct Biden’s agenda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could McConnell have stopped a trial? It has to be held by law and he's not in control of the senate anymore anyways.
    he could have stopped while he was still Senate leader, just as he killed the Ukraine impeachment w/o delay.

that he did nothing and passed the impeachment to the Dems is bad news for Trash.

If McConnell tells the Repugs to convict, they will.

He could "sacrifice" some retiring Senators, immune from the 74M, to convict, protecting other Senators who vote to acquit from the 74M
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-18-2021 at 11:03 AM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    he could have stopped while he was still Senate leader, just as killed the Ukraine impeachment w/o delay.

that he did nothing and passed the impeachment to the Dems is bad news for Trash.

If McConnell tells the Repugs to convict, they will.

He could "sacrifice" some retiring Senators, immune from the 74M, to convict, protecting other Senators who vote to acquit from the 74M
    No he couldn’t, Pelosi hasn’t even sent the articles to the senate yet. There’s nothing McConnell can do right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still not convinced McConnell is a yes vote to convict, but I don’t think there’s even a question that if he is, there’s enough votes to convict. Even if he doesn’t control how other GOP senators vote, there’s no way he’s going to vote to convict without knowing for sure there are 67 votes.

Its no surprise he didn’t call the senate back in session early so people shouldn’t read into that either way. Regardless of how he feels about impeachment, he’s not going to pass up the opportunity to use an impeachment trial as a way to obstruct Biden’s agenda.
    I still think McConnell has already decided he is going to retire once the dust settles later this year. I could very easily seeing him whip to impeach Trump as a way of saving face/legacy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and on the OP... I watched dear Ms. Ryan melt down in real time on her Twitter feed going from "hey look at me" to "they're calling us terrorists!?" to deleting her account in like 5 hours. It was glorious.

Meet Jenna Ryan from Frisco, TX:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJwoxpgHO1U/

Here's her (active) Twitter: https://twitter.com/dotjenna

Will Hunting

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I still think McConnell has already decided he is going to retire once the dust settles later this year. I could very easily seeing him whip to impeach Trump as a way of saving face/legacy
    That would be a dream but I don’t see it. He just won re-election and when push comes to shove is the one who controls the GOP’s smoke filled room. There’s also a Dem governor in Kentucky so he’d be ceding a seat to the Dems at least temporarily.

If he actually votes to convict Trump and then retires, it would ensure a total GOP civil war, so by no means do I hope you’re wrong, I just don’t see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a dream but I don’t see it. He just won re-election and when push comes to shove is the one who controls the GOP’s smoke filled room. There’s also a Dem governor in Kentucky so he’d be ceding a seat to the Dems at least temporarily.

If he actually votes to convict Trump and then retires, it would ensure a total GOP civil war, so by no means do I hope you’re wrong, I just don’t see it.
    He's already in the minority, one seat doesn't matter. You really think he wants to lead a GOP Senate comeback against a terrible '22 map at 80 years old? Dude is done.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He's already in the minority, one seat doesn't matter. You really think he wants to lead a GOP Senate comeback against a terrible '22 map at 80 years old? Dude is done.
    I think a lot of these senators convince themselves that they serve a noble cause and that Murica depends on them. Susan Collins is clearly miserable in the senate and struggles to constantly play both sides, but she chose to run again instead of just becoming a private sector lobbyist who makes loads every year. McConnell is definitely someone in that bucket, he definitely considers himself as the leader of a noble cause to ensure Murica remains a right wing oligarchy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I think a lot of these senators convince themselves that they serve a noble cause"

too much benefit of the doubt. I give them none. It's a rotten, unethical, amoral business.

They may have a tiny noble "It's A Wonderful World" itch before being elected, but then they realize it's about fund raising from BigDonor and voting to please BidDonor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because he's going to bully Biden and ensure he gets nothing done. Also, not sure the senate map is exactly terrible for the GOP in 22. They have to defend seats in WI, PA, NC, and FL, but the Dems have to defend seats in GA, AZ, NV, and NH. 2022 is going to be a referendum on Biden and I expect Biden to be a lousy president. McConnell likely does too.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yes, because he's going to bully Biden and ensure he gets nothing done. Also, not sure the senate map is exactly terrible for the GOP in 22. They have to defend seats in WI, PA, NC, and FL, but the Dems have to defend seats in GA, AZ, NV, and NH. 2022 is going to be a referendum on Biden and I expect Biden to be a lousy president. McConnell likely does too.
    But both NV and NH have popular in bents. The Dem in bent won in NV in 2010 and in NH in 2014. I don’t see 2022 being complete bloodbaths for Dems the way those years were. AZ and GA will be more compe ive but the Arizona Republican Party has gone off the deep end crazy. I think a country club Republican like Jeff Flake probably beats Mark Kelly but not a freedom caucus nutcase like Gosar or Biggs. Georgia also has a lot of crazies like Doug Collins who will struggle with suburban voters.

Biden is also already doing things to ensure he doesn’t make the same mistakes Magic Negro made on midterms. Obama did jack to help the DNC or raise money for it in midterms, Biden is working with the DNC to raise money/build infrastructure and he’s encouraging his donors to start giving to the DNC early.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’d also put IA/OH/MO in the bucket of races that have potential to be compe ive. If Chuck Grassley retires and then runs his dip grandson as his replacement that could backfire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a fun exercise back in '08, I'm sure he's enjoyed every moment since. But dude is done. He's retiring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think a total user like him thinks that far ahead.
    One of the most qualified individuals to make that assessment. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of these senators convince themselves that they serve a noble cause and that Murica depends on them. Susan Collins is clearly miserable in the senate and struggles to constantly play both sides, but she chose to run again instead of just becoming a private sector lobbyist who makes loads every year. McConnell is definitely someone in that bucket, he definitely considers himself as the leader of a noble cause to ensure Murica remains a right wing oligarchy.
    No way McConnell thinks it's a noble cause. He's an educated man, not some flag waving taze himself in the nuts MAGA straight out the trailer park.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected, her Twitter is one of a nutcase. And because of course, she wrote a self help book but darn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Technically correct, she's going to prison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 days, starting today.

In TX, serving time for Federal crime is a plus on career path.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hahahahahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 days, starting today.

In TX, serving time for Federal crime is a plus on career path.
    Maybe they will put her in charge of hte power grid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hahahahahahahaha
    Everyone needs to make sure to like this tweet tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Technically correct, she's going to prison.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Probably would have avoided jail if she wasn't so antagonistic about it for the last 10 months. Stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Declining marginal utility of being free, blonde and 21, ageism is a .

Thread Information