Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a “Chris Paul” type game tonight for Dejounte Murray. He played extremely patient and the amount of times he looked for his own shot were far fewer than usual. Felt like he was in cruise control but 100% in control at the same time, if that makes sense. IMO, this was the first of its kind and really, it was the perfect game for someone else to step up individually. Problem is, no one else took the reins.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, he was double teamed on multiple occasions, which was interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get why you think they need to play “perfect” every night. Tonight’s game was ty as can be and they were in it til the end. Nobody played close to perfect.
    Obviously Booker was out. But I said that because they don’t have a Tier 1 player to carry them every game. Their passes need to be crisp, assists at close to 30 every night, 3pt over 38%, etc. Or they get blown out. And it’s hard to be consistent with a very young team. With “the beautiful game,” they also didn’t have a tier 1 player anymore, but a budding star, the big 3 who were passed their prime, plus Diaw, Tiago, Mills. But they were able to play consistent at high level, perfect, because obviously experience.

Basically just repe ion to play close to perfect every night. Spurs mantra, keep pounding the rock!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre’s game looks nice but until he becomes a 3pt threat he’s liable to have these stinkers when nobody respects his shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously Booker was out. But I said that because they don’t have a Tier 1 player to carry them every game. Their passes need to be crisp, assists at close to 30 every night, 3pt over 38%, etc. Or they get blown out. And it’s hard to be consistent with a very young team. With “the beautiful game,” they also didn’t have a tier 1 player anymore, but a budding star, the big 3 who were passed their prime, plus Diaw, Tiago, Mills. But they were able to play consistent at high level, perfect, because obviously experience.

Basically just repe ion to play close to perfect every night. Spurs mantra, keep pounding the rock!
    Kawhi didn't have the reputation as a tier 1 player yet, but he had the effectiveness of one. He had the best BPM, VORP, & WS on the Spurs, the highest ORtg and the lowest DRtg (tied with Timmy) that year. His numbers were also better than every player on the Heat not named Lebron. He was a budding star in name & reputation only. In terms of real results on the court, he was already a true star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi didn't have the reputation as a tier 1 player yet, but he had the effectiveness of one. He had the best BPM, VORP, & WS on the Spurs, the highest ORtg and the lowest DRtg (tied with Timmy) that year. His numbers were also better than every player on the Heat not named Lebron. He was a budding star in name & reputation only. In terms of real results on the court, he was already a true star.
    And I’m hoping that DJM is becoming to be that “budding star,” and hopefully can transcend his game to the next level. But back to my point, there would be nights that this team will be blown out, hopefully occurring less and less, as they learn to trust the system and each player transcends his game.

It’s way different from the heavy iso we’ve watched the last few years with Aldridge and Demar. I wouldn’t sulk at tonight’s loss because it’s against a high caliber led by CP3. But I think if they play like this, and even better like against the GSW and 3 previous games, which they are capable, I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended with top 7 or better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good times. Beautiful game, nephew was still with the Jedi, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No wonder Thad thinks that his situation is "not ideal"

Imagine being stuck in an NBA rotation behind Drew Eubanks.
    Imagine being given the backup spot and forgetting how to play. Thad was ing atrocious tonight and the previous game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I'll never consider him a starter. He just doesn't have that, "I'm gonna shove this in your grill" at ude.

Sean talks about it almost nightly and evidently the coaches beg him to be more aggressive around the rim. Instead he just plays like a 7'0" puss. Unacceptable from your starting center, iyam.
    Wait there are really posters who don't think poeltl is a starting center in the NBA? What in the actual ?

This has got to be the dumbest take in this entire thread filled with stupid takes.

Jakob is playing almost at an all star level and people.post this . Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre’s game looks nice but until he becomes a 3pt threat he’s liable to have these stinkers when nobody respects his shot
    Tre does a lot of things really nice but After seeing more of him this season I 100% think that his ceiling is extremely low without a good outside shot. Its amazing how many guards the Spurs have who can't ing shoot well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre does a lot of things really nice but After seeing more of him this season I 100% think that his ceiling is extremely low without a good outside shot. Its amazing how many guards the Spurs have who can't ing shoot well.
    There are heaps of nba players that are in the 'if only they could shoot' pile. Lots still have successfully nba careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait there are really posters who don't think poeltl is a starting center in the NBA? What in the actual ?

This has got to be the dumbest take in this entire thread filled with stupid takes.

The problem is people’s memory span lasts up to only one game. , sometimes even only one play. That play gets burned in their mind and that’s all they think about. Not any of the good games before it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

Poeltl is playing well, but come on. All-star level? Pump the breaks
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 12-07-2021 at 07:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough loss but this is the goldilocks scenario. We are compe ive, young guys are getting burn and we are getting a good look at who to keep and who to move all while watching DJ emerge into an All NBA point guard! Add a top lottery pick (hopefully a 4 who can score) and we are back in the playoff hunt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed most of the game but followed the score, man dejounte with 14 assist that’s awesome.

2 things I’m proud of
    1) kept game compe ive
    2) composure. even though they lost lead and even went down double digits, they came all the way back to tie the game on the road once again.

Interesting to see Young only get 7 minutes this time. He didn’t play in the 2nd half it seems. Was he terrible in the first half?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed most of the game but followed the score, man dejounte with 14 assist that’s awesome.

2 things I’m proud of
    1) kept game compe ive
    2) composure. even though they lost lead and even went down double digits, they came all the way back to tie the game on the road once again.

Interesting to see Young only get 7 minutes this time. He didn’t play in the 2nd half it seems. Was he terrible in the first half?

thad sucked balls

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2 things I’m proud of
    1) kept game compe ive

he wasnt very good. his match up was javale mcgee who has like 3 or 4 inches on him. he had 10 pts in 4 minutes because thad could not out rebound him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Haha. Dude is averaging 12 and 9. All Star level???

And you say my take was dumb? Javale McGee comes off the bench and dominated him (and Thad).

37 year old LaMarcus Aldridge has a higher PER, 2 points higher actually. His PER actually has him at 23rd amongst NBA centers. Lmao.

How many centers do you think go to the All-Star game each year?

Bad take much? I pity your idiocy.
    Last edited by offset formation; 12-07-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Jakob is probably our most important player because we don't have another useful big, he's definitely not an all-star, not even close.

Limited player, but elite at his role. One of the better defensive Cs in the league on a bargain deal. Made some big improvements on offense, too. Has to improve his FTs, though. As long as he's not close to 65% on FTs, he can't have a bigger role on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being given the backup spot and forgetting how to play. Thad was ing atrocious tonight and the previous game.
    You're not wrong, but then Eubanks somehow came in and managed to play worse.

We really gotta figure out the backup big situation. Maybe once Vassell gets healthy we just go small and stick him at the 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is people’s memory span lasts up to only one game. , sometimes even only one play. That play gets burned in their mind and that’s all they think about. Not any of the good games before it.
    He's had good games. That's not the point.

He doesn't have much more than an ounce of dog in him.

Anyone remember Timmy shoving down a dunk onsomeone when he was frustrated or wanting to lift his team up? LMA would routinely go in and shove it down. And he was on the slope down in athleticism. This dude is like 24 or 25 and can't be coached into going inand making a statement power move. I get that his game is more finesse. So was Timmy's. But he would stuff it too.

Dude is 7'0". I'm sure he can almost touch the rim standing up. He only has to jump like a footin the air to dunk. 18" to power jam. When he has the option of one power dribble to a stuff and a pansy ass drop shot, he fails to the weak option EVERY DAMN TIME.

Sean has literally been begging him, almost shaming him to go up strong at least occasionally. For years now. Make a statement. Show some dog.

He practically never does.

That's why he shouldn't be the starting center for a team full of dogs. We need a big dog at center not a dude that does pop-a-shot. That's why people were initially intrigued by Eubanks until his skillset elsewhere limited him...
    Last edited by offset formation; 12-07-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Poeltl is a terrific defender his lack of offense hurts our offense as much as his defense helps our defense. He is a complete non threat to do anything but flip up that stupid little shot of his and no one cares about that nor defends it. On any pick and roll with him the big just retreats all the way to the rim and doesn't care what Poeltl does, making it much harder for anyone to finish since there is always a big under the rim. I don't even know what his jumpshot form looks like since he never attempts one. His lack of shooting constricts the floor for everyone else. He isn't even a lob threat since he is determined to play like an unathletic stiff on offense. He is a backup center playing a starters role. Ideally we would get somebody with a semblance of offense to start and Poeltl could come off the bench or be a situational player depending on the match up. The very first 3 that Collins makes will make him as valuable on offense as Poeltl is on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's had good games. That's not the point.

He doesn't have much more than an ounce of dog in him.

Anyone remember Timmy shoving down a dunk onsomeone when he was frustrated or wanting to lift his team up? LMA would routinely go in and shove it down. And he was on the slope down in athleticism. This dude is like 24 or 25 and can't be coached into going inand making a statement power move. I get that his game is more finesse. So was Timmy's. But he would stuff it too.

Dude is 7'0". I'm sure he can almost touch the rim standing up. He only has to jump like a footin the air to dunk. 18" to power jam. When he has the option of one power dribble to a stuff and a pansy ass drop shot, he fails to the weak option EVERY DAMN TIME.

Sean has literally been begging him, almost shaming him to go up strong at least occasionally. For years now. Make a statement. Show some dog.

He practically never does.

That's why he shouldn't be the starting center for a team full of dogs. We need a big dog at center not a dude that does pop-a-shot. That's why people were initially intrigued by Eubanks until his skillset elsewhere limited him...
    Jak's problem is even when he jams it, it's a finesse jam. He needs a full head of steam and a clear lane to rise up. He's just not the kind of guy who is going to bully a defender, back him down, and dunk over him. Never has been, and probably never will be.

He is still a valuable asset for his defense, picks and rolls, etc....and deserves to be the starter unless someone more talented comes along, but you can't just expect an apple to turn into an orange no matter how much Sean es at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely; tre's future hinges upon developing a consistent outside shot. everything else is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely; tre's future hinges upon developing a consistent outside shot. everything else is there.
    Well....a few extra inches of height would be nice but that's just wishful thinking.

Thread Information