Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rip suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs (8-13) vs. Phoenix Suns (19-4)

December 6, 2021 | 8:00 PM CT

Watch: Bally Sports Southwest | Listen: WOAI (1200 AM)

Spurs Injuries: Zach Collins (Out — Ankle), Devin Vassell (Questionable — Quad), Keita Bates-Diop (Questionable — Ankle), Devontae Cacok (Out — Two Way)
    Suns Injuries: Dario Saric (Out — Knee), Devin Booker (Out — Hamstring), Frank Kaminsky (Out — Knee), Abdel Nader (Out — Knee)

Booker is out. And Poeltl is back since they last met. Let’s see if the table turn. Spurs by 8pts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in they win this even without Booker but would be nice to say the Spurs stopped the two hottest teams in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get this Train back on the tracks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to watching future Spur Ayton tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs win this, their trade interest might start shifting from conservative seller to conservative buyer. A Spurs team that can take care of business against average teams (which the Suns missing guys and the Warriors tired and off focus are) is one that can make a solid run for the play-in. As I said in another thread, Young has use as buoyant filler. Him being included in a deal to balance salaries doesn't require the Spurs to add value to offset the cost of taking him. There are a number of decent or at least really interesting players who could be on the market in much the same way that Gordon or Vuc were. Wood, Grant, Siakam, Sabonis, Turner -- any of those would be good additions if the price is right. Some of those players won't even be seriously shopped. But there are moderately aggressive moves the team can make to solidify their lineup without selling too much of their future. It's a shame they don't have AFA's expiring to use anymore, but they still do have some midsized expiring and semi-expiring deals they can use to make numbers work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs win this, their trade interest might start shifting from conservative seller to conservative buyer. A Spurs team that can take care of business against average teams (which the Suns missing guys and the Warriors tired and off focus are) is one that can make a solid run for the play-in. As I said in another thread, Young has use as buoyant filler. Him being included in a deal to balance salaries doesn't require the Spurs to add value to offset the cost of taking him. There are a number of decent or at least really interesting players who could be on the market in much the same way that Gordon or Vuc were. Wood, Grant, Siakam, Sabonis, Turner -- any of those would be good additions if the price is right. Some of those players won't even be seriously shopped. But there are moderately aggressive moves the team can make to solidify their lineup without selling too much of their future. It's a shame they don't have AFA's expiring to use anymore, but they still do have some midsized expiring and semi-expiring deals they can use to make numbers work.
    Gross

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh lord my biggest fear going into this year was PATFO gets a whiff of possible playoff push and becomes buyers, even worse includes a FRP to bring in a veteran glue guy.

Hopefully we can get back to compe ive losses tonight.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All they had to do was....not....sign........Bryn Forbes!

Fvck!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Biggest hurdle the acquiring any of those guys is GS imo. If they want any of them they can probably have them with the package of young players they can put together.

I'd like Grant of the bunch since he fits a position of need, is on a super reasonable deal for his production, and i think his game would fit well here. Pascal makes way too much money. Sabonis is nice but he is an undersized C with no D. wouldn't want Wood/Turner over Jak for the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing the guys coming together these last 4 games has been great to watch!
    Though a loss is expected, i hope we can once again make this a compe ive game at the least.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Seeing the guys coming together these last 4 games has been great to watch!
    Though a loss is expected, i hope we can once again make this a compe ive game at the least.
    You never know tbh. Spurs seem to hang tough with Phoenix. they went into their building and took a fat on them last season without Demar and Patty.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    then again i think they beat us in another game by 40 last season so what do i know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never know tbh. Spurs seem to hang tough with Phoenix. they went into their building and took a fat on them last season without Demar and Patty.
    man i hope so! but i wouldn't even know what to think of this team if they somehow pulled out a win today.
    devin booker being out should technically help us but typically this is when a random bench player goes off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest hurdle the acquiring any of those guys is GS imo. If they want any of them they can probably have them with the package of young players they can put together.

I'd like Grant of the bunch since he fits a position of need, is on a super reasonable deal for his production, and i think his game would fit well here. Pascal makes way too much money. Sabonis is nice but he is an undersized C with no D. wouldn't want Wood/Turner over Jak for the price.
    I don't know that Golden State will be buyers this year if Thompson comes back and plays well. I think they'll try to toe the line unless forced to make a move to stay on top of the conference. If they lose faith in someone like Wiseman, maybe they make a small consolation trade to turn him into useful depth while he still has value. My guess though is that they'll try to develop guys to come up behind their players if doing so doesn't noticeably affect their odds.

I do think Grant is the most gettable of those guys, especially since Detroit has given up any pretense of trying to turn it around quickly. I think he'd cost a prospect though, which depending on who it is might not let the Spurs get in. A good thing for the Spurs is if they want to trade, their first, even lightly protected, should have good value around the league. They can offer more than most other potential buyers in that regard. Should they? Not unless this win streak somehow continues and pushes them over .500. I still expect a top-10 pick, and no one on this list should get that from SA this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think GS makes a real significant move the way they're playing. I agree with you on Grant and Siakim. I think Turner could play significant minutes next to Jak though.

My biggest criticism is signing Forbes or KBD to the exclusion of Aminu. We'd be in a much stronger position to make one of these trades with that salary ballast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Spurs win would be a monumental statement.
    Hope they keep their focus and give themselves a puncher's chance.
    Spurs by 1-28

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    easy win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Spurs win would be a monumental statement.
    Hope they keep their focus and give themselves a puncher's chance.
    Spurs by 1-28
    A December win vs a team without their best player isn’t much of a statement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After extending their winning streak, tonight's game will be a test of the Youngin's confidence level and growth, especially with closing out games, GEESH! That win against the Dubs on their home court, was definitely a cherry on top & a confidence booster! I think they have a chance to possibly repeat another win, especially with Book being out. They need to continue with the strategy of coming out & punching their opponent in the mouth; play great defense & get their shots to fall. It would be nice if DV24 would be available for tonight. Both his scoring & his defense, are missed! LW4 had a good game against the Worriers, only because they did not have a true big to protect the paint. Tonight's game will be different with Ayton & McGee protecting the paint, so I see him crawl back into his s . Both of those guys will be key to both the Suns' offense & defense. I believe that last time, it was pick-&-roll party all night long, so that could be a matchup problem that may be the Spurs' demise. Also, the Good Guys have a Knicks team waiting on them for Tuesday's game, & this team is no slouch either! They too, have a back-to-back with Indy in Naptown for Wednesday, but if tonight's outcome is close with a possible win, then perhaps Tuesday's game could be a "L." Should be fun though! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A shame for DJ but hard to argue too much with Donovan's performances.

I believe that the Spurs longest win streak last season was 3 games so to be on a 4-gamer while playing some of the best team basketball over the last 3 or so years, gives the Spurs a legit chance in this one.

Hopefully Spur killer Cam Payne doesn't get paired in the b/c with Chris Paul at some stage or Pops will be licking his chops at the prospect of unleashing the Tre/Bryn "beer me up" tandem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A December win vs a team without their best player isn’t much of a statement.
    For these Spurs, this would be a statement. For a better team, not so much.Might be the biggest win streak of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Johnson will be left open on no less than 3 made corner 3PTs.

Crowder or Payne is the random spur killer of the night.

Lonnie will miraculously have 0 TOs.

Spurs keep the recent energy and win.

Kaminsky gets chippy with Poeltl at some point.

Pop calls Sarver a racist chicken.

Monty bought Pop dinner and gets a free bottle from Pop's private reserve if the Spurs win.

Thread Information