Page 198 of 237 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5906
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Finally got to see "That's My Boy". Some stupid crass/cheesy/corny stuff, but so many awesome plot twist and the right length... not too short, never devoid of entertainment. 8.5/10.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Matrix 4 : 0/10 What the was that

Eternals : 4/10, best parts were the post-credit scenes

No time to die : 6/10
    Eternals setting up a british knight character in a movie of already all new characters reeked of DCEU level shoe horning was kinda pathetic tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah, I felt like the whole Eternals movie was DC level. I was entertained enough to finish but will probably never watch ever again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Eternals setting up a british knight character in a movie of already all new characters reeked of DCEU level shoe horning was kinda pathetic tbh
    but Blade’s voice

But I was totally surprised to see Pip and Starfox (the CGI for Pip was terrible), always wanted to see them on the big screen

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Working thru -Marathon Man- '76 again. Hasn't lost much in 45+ years. Roy Scheider is at zenith here. Enjoy the way he comes into New York to visit his brother (Hoffman), but it's strictly because of a letter Hoffman sent him informing him about a mugging in Central Park and a woman, a stranger who he's begun a relationship with. Scheider smells a rat and rightfully so. The way he queries Hoffman about the mugging, about the relationship immediately upon initiating the visit is sheer perfection. He never lets on to his brother about the alarms that have went off, but we the viewer see it all.

Film. American film.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Working thru -Marathon Man- '76 again. Hasn't lost much in 45+ years. Roy Scheider is at zenith here. Enjoy the way he comes into New York to visit his brother (Hoffman), but it's strictly because of a letter Hoffman sent him informing him about a mugging in Central Park and a woman, a stranger who he's begun a relationship with. Scheider smells a rat and rightfully so. The way he queries Hoffman about the mugging, about the relationship immediately upon initiating the visit is sheer perfection. He never lets on to his brother about the alarms that have went off, but we the viewer see it all.

Film. American film.
    Goldman wrote some excellent books/scripts. There is a sequel to Marathon Man called Brothers.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah, I felt like the whole Eternals movie was DC level. I was entertained enough to finish but will probably never watch ever again.
    yeah, anything Marvel/DC level is putrid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Goldman wrote some excellent books/scripts. There is a sequel to Marathon Man called Brothers.
    And the relationship is a key to this story. The Hoffman character is trying mightily to work thru the shadow of their father having actually seen the immediate aftermath of his suicide +, (this child, he saw it coming), while Scheider has been running from it all his life.

Scheider's "Doc" is bitter, "Babe" is not. "Doc" veers into his life's work chased by the effervescent shadows.

"Babe" at some damn time in his life learned how to use that method of the old man's suicide with the actual tool and that education saves his life as he is more than ready when Devane calls him out at the house on the hill.

***It's the sequence at the house that still bothers me end all these decades later, when "Babe" hustles the group thru the porch and into the living room without one, or, all of them taking advantage of scrum. We're not shown the actual herding of the group. They're just outside one moment and in the living room the next, Lee, and the director can declare "Action!" once again. I always shift about in the old recliner when this transference takes place.

ADDENDUM:::And Olivier arriving thru customs in New York and having a moment with his fellow Nazi about America and Americans..."They always believed God was on their side. Now, they don't seem so sure." I don't know if that was in Goldman's book, but it's a swell touch to lay that in there like that.

Just one more thing...it was brilliant to have the fellow Nazi played by the venerable Marc Lawrence conspire/he chuckles with Szell when he wisecracks about Americans just above. The other henchman Richard Bright reacts as well, but is dismissive. Why? He's clueless. He's too young to have borne the war, he's there for the money and nothing else.
    Last edited by Thread; 01-25-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    yeah, anything Marvel/DC level is putrid
    I think we got it the 17th time you mentioned it

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The King of Staten Island

Hilarious and had a feel good ending. Davidson and Bill Burr were both great and had solid chemistry.

8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10673836[/URL]]Working thru -Marathon Man- '76 again. Hasn't lost much in 45+ years. Roy Scheider is at zenith here. Enjoy the way he comes into New York to visit his brother (Hoffman), but it's strictly because of a letter Hoffman sent him informing him about a mugging in Central Park and a woman, a stranger who he's begun a relationship with. Scheider smells a rat and rightfully so. The way he queries Hoffman about the mugging, about the relationship immediately upon initiating the visit is sheer perfection. He never lets on to his brother about the alarms that have went off, but we the viewer see it all.

Film. American film.
    thanks for bringing that up. I’ve only seen the excerpts. A movie I’ve always wanted to watch but forget about. I’ll give a definitive review. If I remember to watch it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Now working my way back thru -House of Games- from '87 (on Prime Video). This is meticulous materiel concerning the operations of con men and a fresh female mark they encounter. Stars Lindsay Crouse as the woman and a slew of characters in-their-prime:::J.T. Walsh is nails as usual, Ricky Jay, William H. Macy is clean and new, Mike Nussbaum and Joe Mantegna: all under the peerless direction of David Mamet who also wrote the story and the screenplay.

I dread watching it because of the inevitability of it ending.

A flawless motion picture event.

Mamet & Crouse were married at the time.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ghostbusters Afterlife

Fun, nostalgic movie. As a kiddo growing up with the franchise it brought back lots of great memories. Ending hit me dead in the feels.

7.5/10

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Off the Menu (2018) - on Amazon Prime

8.5/10. Just overall cute plot. Also I'm junkie for anything regarding New Mexico and New Mexico chiles. Let's go.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Status Update (2018) - 9.25/10 (included with Amazon Prime)

Just overall an awesome kind of movie. Sort of "The Girl Next Door" (2004) kind of vibes. Loved just about every bit of it and ending was perfect.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Free Guy

All I can say is if you aren't happy after watching this movie you should do a serious personal inventory

8/10

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You Can't Say No (2019)

6.5/10.... movie overall was weird, dopey and whacky... sometimes downright disgusting... but the last 20 minutes and the ending were very cute.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You can definitely tell I tend to grade on a curve if the ending is good. There's a chunk of movies out there that might be fairly well done overall but are completely ruined by open or otherwise ty endings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Don't look up : 8/10 tbh imo FWIW

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Don't look up : 8/10 tbh imo FWIW
    I most heartily agree. It's a gem and improves on repeated viewings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    In the alley, just one word spoken twixt the men...a resigned tone from the Duke...he has nary other choice...

"Pompey."

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Crazy on the Outside (2010) - Tim Allen gets out of prison movie - 6.5/10

Good acting... plot is just ok. Ending is just ok. A little too open ended for my tastes. Not terrible. Not amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    - "Will it work?" - Louis
    - "Does it matter?" - Pappy

---

There is a Navy Frogman under McQueen's raft.

Henri Charriere/Papillon came into NYC in the late '60's and was hailed in the streets.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Bet more and more movies have been consumed over the past several days than usual considering the arctic blast

Thread Information