Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T.J. Warren too broken and old to target in free agency for this team? He’s 28, 6’8 and shoots the 3
    Is he even playing this year? I remember he used to be in love with the mid range. Standing reach is also more in line with a 2/3 than a 3/4.

I think the usual suspects make a lot of sense here. Kyle Anderson, Jalen Smith, Jeff Green, JaMychal Green, Batum, Portis, Covington, Harrell, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic 1 for the off-season, how much will it costs for us to bring back Mills and Forbes? Can we afford it? Lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say let’s get in on the AD sweepstakes! You just know LeBron is gonna throw him under the bus after he realizes no one will trade for his boy Russ.

Yak, Rich, Doug and multiple picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say let’s get in on the AD sweepstakes! You just know LeBron is gonna throw him under the bus after he realizes no one will trade for his boy Russ.

Yak, Rich, Doug and multiple picks.
    No. I wouldn't even trade Jakob for AD straight up, let alone with players AND picks. Let me see the dude play 75 games first then I'd consider some package but until then... to the naw.

Besides, why give away the one thing you have going for you (picks) for a player that cannot be relied on?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD wants the limelight. I think he would be a divaster in SA. (I think that may be a new word I accidentally typed, but seems fitting.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD wants the limelight. I think he would be a divaster in SA. (I think that may be a new word I accidentally typed, but seems fitting.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic 1 for the off-season, how much will it costs for us to bring back Mills and Forbes? Can we afford it? Lmao
    Let's get Forbes again and do the trade up (down?) Repeatedly for more/better picks. It actually went ok by the end of the day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Portis anyone? He's got a player option, is getting paid little so may be willing to cash in. He's 27, 6-10', can shoot, performs under pressure, not the greatest defender but willing to work and team oriented... we could do a lot worse than that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Portis anyone? He's got a player option, is getting paid little so may be willing to cash in. He's 27, 6-10', can shoot, performs under pressure, not the greatest defender but willing to work and team oriented... we could do a lot worse than that.

Think he took less to stay with the Bucks this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs may wait until he has more miles and a possible knee or shoulder injury before getting serious about him. Joking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think he took less to stay with the Bucks this year.
    Yes... but eventually he might want to get paid better. He's making something like 5M a year, which seems way too little for a valuable championship contributor. He'd also be a valuable asset for a later trade, he's the kind of piece a contender is willing to overpay for, when things start to go sour and the trade deadline approaches... worth a look at least, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a perfect PF for the Spurs right now, so the best case scenario is a guy who fits the need and holds the spot for one to three years while the team positions itself for a more impactful long term answer. That's why I'm fine with seemingly gettable guys like Jalen Smith, Paul Reed, or Chris Boucher. The first two are young and Boucher, though 29, could reasonably be expected to play at his current level until age 32/33. I really liked Jonathan Isaac for a while there, but his ever expanding quirks of being injury prone, anti-vax, unpopular with teammates, uber religious, and conspiracy prone have definitely taken the shine off of his otherwise very intriguing talents...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be spectacular if the Spurs end up signing Thad Young lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a perfect PF for the Spurs right now, so the best case scenario is a guy who fits the need and holds the spot for one to three years while the team positions itself for a more impactful long term answer. That's why I'm fine with seemingly gettable guys like Jalen Smith, Paul Reed, or Chris Boucher. The first two are young and Boucher, though 29, could reasonably be expected to play at his current level until age 32/33. I really liked Jonathan Isaac for a while there, but his ever expanding quirks of being injury prone, anti-vax, unpopular with teammates, uber religious, and conspiracy prone have definitely taken the shine off of his otherwise very intriguing talents...
    Define perfect. They do have realistic paths to Murray and Collins and could have Washington Jr. if they want him.

None of those 3 you listed are starters or fours, especially alongside a five like Poeltl. They're all closer to fives, but they're not really equipped to play as the lone big either, so what they need is a rim runner who can cross match (or in Reed's case, a spacer who can crossmatch).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREE AGENCY
    I like picking up Jalen Smith, perhaps in a sign a trade for some bench pieces and 2nd rounders if necessary.
    Zach LaVine would be interesting. Can we get him to play D? If not he isn't worth the max or whatever he would command.
    Deandre Ayton will also be too expensive and we don't really need a center. His stats are inflated by the service he gets from CP3 and others around him.
    Not too many other FA's intrigue me. Maybe Slo-Mo?

DRAFT
    I'm praying for that ball to fall our way for a top 4 pick.
    I favor Banchero, Smith, and Ivey in that order.
    I'm not sold on Chet and if we are 4th with him on the board we might want to trade down targeting Keegan Murray.
    If we pick 9-10 I like Keegan Murray, Sochan, and maybe Tari Eason, depending on who is available.
    I doubt that we'll be able to trade our way into a top 4 pick.
    I am AGAINST us packaging the 20th and 25th pick to move up a few spots unless we really are in love with someone that has fallen in the draft.
    I think a 15th pick and a 20th pick are essentially the same for the Spurs combination of scouting and development.
    Unless someone we like is falling to us at 25 I would prefer that we trade away the 25th for a future 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players I really don't want with our first pick:

TyTy Washington. I don't see what the hype is about
    Jalen Duren unless we've traded away Poeltl. DJM doesn't even throw the lob very well yet

I'm also "meh" on AJ Griffin and Ochai Agbaji, who I think top out as elite role players (we need to swing for home runs and find a real star)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREE AGENCY
    I like picking up Jalen Smith, perhaps in a sign a trade for some bench pieces and 2nd rounders if necessary.
    Zach LaVine would be interesting. Can we get him to play D? If not he isn't worth the max or whatever he would command.
    Deandre Ayton will also be too expensive and we don't really need a center. His stats are inflated by the service he gets from CP3 and others around him.
    Not too many other FA's intrigue me. Maybe Slo-Mo?

DRAFT
    I'm praying for that ball to fall our way for a top 4 pick.
    I favor Banchero, Smith, and Ivey in that order.
    I'm not sold on Chet and if we are 4th with him on the board we might want to trade down targeting Keegan Murray.
    If we pick 9-10 I like Keegan Murray, Sochan, and maybe Tari Eason, depending on who is available.
    I doubt that we'll be able to trade our way into a top 4 pick.
    I am AGAINST us packaging the 20th and 25th pick to move up a few spots unless we really are in love with someone that has fallen in the draft.
    I think a 15th pick and a 20th pick are essentially the same for the Spurs combination of scouting and development.
    Unless someone we like is falling to us at 25 I would prefer that we trade away the 25th for a future 1st.
    In a sign an trade scenario can J. Smith signs for more than what Indiana can offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a sign an trade scenario can J. Smith signs for more than what Indiana can offer?
    He is an UFA and the Pacers can’t pay him more than 4.5mm despite having cap to pay him more. We should easily be able to get him. Bet he gets 3yrs 40mm. We absolutely should be suitors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s absolutely redic Spurs fans question Lavine’s max status. If he wants to come here you absolutely pay him the max. Booker was a trash defender once upon a time also. He easily has the physical attributes to turn that part of his game around.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an UFA and the Pacers can’t pay him more than 4.5mm despite having cap to pay him more. We should easily be able to get him. Bet he gets 3yrs 40mm. We absolutely should be suitors.
    That would be a fantastic signing and if this team has confidence they could get it done it makes our lottery pick that much more flexible.

I haven’t looked into who would be takers for him outside of us.

I really hope he’s on our radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith at 3 for 40m? If you believe he's a C, (I do and haven't seen or read compelling evidence otherwise...), you'd be paying him annually, more on average than these current players who play the same position:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/contract...ter/limit-100/

Brook Lopez, Wendell Carter Jr., Robert Williams III, Richaun Holmes, Jusuf Nurkic, Jakob Poeltl, Zach Collins, Thomas Bryant, Ivica Zubac...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith at 3 for 40m? If you believe he's a C, (I do and haven't seen or read compelling evidence otherwise...), you'd be paying him annually, more on average than these current players who play the same position:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/contract...ter/limit-100/

Brook Lopez, Wendell Carter Jr., Robert Williams III, Richaun Holmes, Jusuf Nurkic, Jakob Poeltl, Zach Collins, Thomas Bryant, Ivica Zubac...
    $40M /3 would be nuts... I get it if you're getting him cheap but a little more than indy can pay but, that's insanity...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $40M /3 would be nuts... I get it if you're getting him cheap but a little more than indy can pay but, that's insanity...

Yeah I was expecting $25-$30/3 or if $38-$42M/4 with options included

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs may wait until he has more miles and a possible knee or shoulder injury before getting serious about him. Joking...
    It would be spectacular if the Spurs end up signing Thad Young lol

LOL. There are some salty dogs on this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s absolutely redic Spurs fans question Lavine’s max status. If he wants to come here you absolutely pay him the max. Booker was a trash defender once upon a time also. He easily has the physical attributes to turn that part of his game around.
    I heard a podcast a week ago hosted by Spurs and Bulls fans. The Bulls fan thought it was 60/40 they re-sign Lavine with the Spurs being the next obvious suitors. Pop knows Lavine from the Olympics. Also, the Bulls guy suggested there are only a few times that can max him out with maybe Detroit as one, but a less likely suitor. Anyway. Made me think Lavine was slightly more realistic than I initially thought.

Thread Information