Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    They don’t know what the to do with him.

C’mon and help the big fella fulfill his upside.

Read where Pops likes him.

Also, Sarver…

Have fun tonight. Take Dalen Terry at 20 or 25 please. Thanks

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t know what the to do with him.

C’mon and help the big fella fulfill his upside.

Read where Pops likes him.

Also, Sarver…

Have fun tonight. Take Dalen Terry at 20 or 25 please. Thanks
    Just knew Sarver would up the great thing you guys had going last year. Sorry, we had a ty owner in the 90s (Red McCombs) whose cheapness cost the Spurs a chance to team Robinson / Barkley / Elliott / Strickland together before you guys traded for Charles. Thank god Holt ended up very solid when it came to paying for a winner.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Just knew Sarver would up the great thing you guys had going last year. Sorry, we had a ty owner in the 90s (Red McCombs) whose cheapness cost the Spurs a chance to team Robinson / Barkley / Elliott / Strickland together before you guys traded for Charles. Thank god Holt ended up very solid when it came to paying for a winner.
    Aye, yo… Barkley and Robinson and Elliott is ing dynamite! Damn!

Sarver just can’t help Sarvering.

Maybe paying him the Max Extension last year salvages the relationship, but I legit mean I want to see a team prioritize Ayton. Dude shot like 60% on his 10-16 foot hook-floater and spot-up jumper. He shoots 50% on his Baseline spin-away (not really a fadeaway). But his usage and dynamic touches are . He never touches the ball within 5-feet except off dumpoffs, lobs, or putbacks.

Dude is 23. He’s not even in prime.

Please, Pops… please Spurs! I’m begging you! Save that man. Develop him. He’s more than a ing roll/garbage man on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe that cheap POS Sarver survived that "Sterling" type hit piece from earlier in the year tbh. I hate Suns fans but I wouldn't wish that owner on any fanbase tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Can't believe that cheap POS Sarver survived that "Sterling" type hit piece from earlier in the year tbh. I hate Suns fans but I wouldn't wish that owner on any fanbase tbh.
    Man. You ain’t even know.

That team sat him down and told him to buy in and do all the little things and contribute to winning. They required he sacrifice his touches and in-game development. So he buys in, sacrifices 20% of his overall usage, defends at a damn near elite level, competes to set Suns single season RPG total, shoots well from all over and flashes 65% or better touch at the rim on more than dunks, saves their ass in the playoffs a few times, then asks for Market Value and gets told Nah. Comes back this year, continues to buy in, improves his jumper and flashes hook and baseline jumper from 10-16 foot mid/high post positioning, saves their ass in the first round, then gets scapegoated in Game 7 after Booker and Paul do for Game 6 and 7.

em.

Ayton isn’t perfect and he needs improvement, but he deserves his chance to be great that he never got once Suns got Paul and Paul made him Skilled DeAndre Jordan.

I ain’t even trolling.

Please. Dude’s a good kid and needs what y’all got. Him and Murray gonna own West in 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then gets scapegoated in Game 7 after Booker and Paul do for Game 6 and 7.

em.

Ayton isn’t perfect and he needs improvement, but he deserves his chance to be great that he never got once Suns got Paul and Paul made him Skilled DeAndre Jordan.
    This.
    Casual Phan thinks Clitter Paul is all that.
    He isn't.

Can't see how the Spurs can get Ayton w/o giving up Murray tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit looked like the front runner to get Ayton but they drafted Duren. Maybe this opens the door for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.
    He isn't.

You think Sarver's cheap ass would match a max offer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.
    He isn't.

By dropping a max in front of Ayton and watching Sarver cheap out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he comes to the spurs and dumps 50 on the suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxing Ayton would get them somewhere around $10 million over the luxury tax. So not as absurdly high as I would have guessed an Ayton max deal would put them given the money they're paying CP0, but still enough that I wouldn't be very surprised if Sarver wouldn't pay. I mean this is the guy who traded away the Luol Deng pick to slash salary with a le contending team and then refused to pay Joe Johnson with a le contending team, so completely within normal behavior for him to cheap out on Ayton with a le contending team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Sarver's cheap ass would match a max offer?
    Oh Ayton is a RFA?

Got it.

That also why sometimes in pro sports an opponent will offer some fat max knowing the existing team will pay more to match it.

In this case cheapie Sarver will let Ayton walk.
    Interesting.
    Aren't any of the money hog teams Lakers Warriors Nyets going for Ayton?

Is this where we see a Westbrook for Ayton sign and trade with Buss money under the table, blow and hookers going to Sarver to play ball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That team sat him down and told him to buy in and do all the little things and contribute to winning. They required he sacrifice his touches and in-game development. So he buys in, sacrifices 20% of his overall usage, defends at a damn near elite level, competes to set Suns single season RPG total, shoots well from all over and flashes 65% or better touch at the rim on more than dunks, saves their ass in the playoffs a few times, then asks for Market Value and gets told Nah. Comes back this year, continues to buy in, improves his jumper and flashes hook and baseline jumper from 10-16 foot mid/high post positioning, saves their ass in the first round, then gets scapegoated in Game 7 after Booker and Paul do for Game 6 and 7.

em.

I ain’t even trolling.

Please. Dude’s a good kid and needs what y’all got. Him and Murray gonna own West in 3 years.
    Would you hesitate at all giving Ayton a 4 year, $131 million max contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh Ayton is a RFA?

Got it.

That also why sometimes in pro sports an opponent will offer some fat max knowing the existing team will pay more to match it.

In this case cheapie Sarver will let Ayton walk.
    Interesting.
    Aren't any of the money hog teams Lakers Warriors Nyets going for Ayton?

Is this where we see a Westbrook for Ayton sign and trade with Buss money under the table, blow and hookers going to Sarver to play ball?
    An Ayton for Westbrook trade would put the Suns like $25 million into the luxury tax. Ain't no hookers and blow gonna be worth that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to take him over from you, but Spurs are not interested in win now players apparently.

I'd be suprised if they were to make a real honest aggressive move to pry him away... Like I've been singing his virtues here...

I will be really excited to see the Spurs go after him. We shall see.

TBQH, if they don't make any kind of move for an honest costar for Murray they will need to trade him. That is how it is. So we shall see.

Thanks for stopping by. I really like Ayton as a centerpiece next to Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

em.

I ain’t even trolling.

Had me at “Man.”

Ayton becoming a Spur would be the most spiteful move he could make. I dig it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin 3 picks before spurs picked 9th

Terry 2 picks before spurs picked 20th

Koloko 5 picks before spurs picked 38th

I'm 100% certain Spurs arents trading the 2nd rounder if he dropped to 38th ;_; we tried

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An Ayton for Westbrook trade would put the Suns like $25 million into the luxury tax. Ain't no hookers and blow gonna be worth that.
    Kwame Brown for MVPau.
    2002 Lakers Kings.

Don't underestimate how much money the Buss' and ABC-Disney-NBA have to offer as a bribe.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    This.
    He isn't.

I do. Sarver HATES Klutch. He swore off dealing with Klutch sports. Literally told Earl Watson to fire Klutch as his agent or he’d be fired (which he didn’t and he was).

Murray is a Klutch client.

This is rumor du jour, but one of the Twitter Insiders who has a good track record with Suns is strongly hinting Ayton to Spurs, Mikal/Filler and assets/pick from Spurs to Nets, Poeltl and Durant to Suns.

It doesn’t include Murray or Johnson. But I got zero idea how you all value assets like Vassell Sochan, 1sts for Ayton. To me it seems solid since keeping 2 best players, but that’s you all’s team so it’s why I’m asking.

BTW, I’m ing done with sports. But I follow Ayton’s career as someone who scouted him as a prep and Admin’d AZ boards in college. I want to see him do well.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Would you hesitate at all giving Ayton a 4 year, $131 million max contract?
    No. If we want to talk talk like old times about why I think so highly of Ayton, I’m happy to do it.

Short and easy answer is I would max him no second thoughts, if for no other reason, CAP is rising again in 2025 and his Max won’t be Max for too long.

But even from a talent, skills, impact scenario, he’s a 23-YO 7-0, 245 C who defends 1-5 in switches, hard hedges and retreats, plays drop coverage D, defends very well in low post, rebounds pretty well, is coachable, and can average 20 ppg in a system that hasn’t ever featured him as a star, despite shooting 40% or better from every 2-pt Zone, including 50-60% on multiple types of jumpers and lane shots, holds A-level Roll Gravity, is a very solid high screener, and has flashes under-utilized high-post passing skills and possibility of a perimeter shot.

Dude could do it all if featured and developed.

He’s not an All-Timer, but he could absolutely be All-NBA.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Maxing Ayton would get them somewhere around $10 million over the luxury tax. So not as absurdly high as I would have guessed an Ayton max deal would put them given the money they're paying CP0, but still enough that I wouldn't be very surprised if Sarver wouldn't pay. I mean this is the guy who traded away the Luol Deng pick to slash salary with a le contending team and then refused to pay Joe Johnson with a le contending team, so completely within normal behavior for him to cheap out on Ayton with a le contending team.
    Here’s the thing. Sarver ain’t just cheap. He’s stupid absurd petty.

He decided a year or so ago that 22-YO Ayton wasn’t worth the Max during first half of Deandre’s Prime. Sarver doesn’t change his mind. He double downs.

Now, he may end up matching a Max offer, but I definitely think it’s just as likely he lets Ayton walk as match.

Sarver is so Petty he’d rather think himself strong by not budging than be proven wrong by paying more.

I truly believe it. He’s such a nugget.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Detroit looked like the front runner to get Ayton but they drafted Duren. Maybe this opens the door for the Spurs?
    Prior to Grant being traded the long-standing rumor was Grant/Stewart/1st for Ayton.

Obviously that ain’t happening now.

Maybe Olynyk/Duren/1st is something the Suns considers, but I think that’s a real stretch.

My long assumption has always been Pacers, as Carlisle seems like a coach who would use him, the Pacers can offer Turner and Duarte which makes sense for Suns.

But I don’t give a about the return for Phoenix. I want Ayton to succeed.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Mathurin 3 picks before spurs picked 9th

Terry 2 picks before spurs picked 20th

Koloko 5 picks before spurs picked 38th

I'm 100% certain Spurs arents trading the 2nd rounder if he dropped to 38th ;_; we tried
    Yeah, I saw all that. Haha surprised you all traded Chandler.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I do think Sarver’s Spurs Petty overrules his Ayton Petty and he matches if Ayton signs offer sheet with you all.

But I think if sign n trade is approached from jump, that Sarver would be open, especially if it facilitates that Durant rumor, which is probably bull , but who knows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver would be elated if Ayton did a max 2+1 right?

Thread Information