Page 62 of 134 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3333
    ......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to jump at you after the first line, for proposing the Celtics let go of Jaylen Brown & Marcus Smart... but damn, that lineup looks nasty. They'd lose two key defensive cogs, but their offense would skyrocket. I don't usually love "all in" moves, but this one makes sense. Also, it gives the Nets 2 valuable, young players in their prime to build around.
    Yeah I like it for both teams. Nets would be good next year. Imagine Smart, Brown and Simmons ( if he plays) on the perimeter on defense. Plug in Joe Harris for shooting and Claxton as a rim runner/vertical spacer for Simmons and that’s a team that could make it as a play in team in the East.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would be a gangster move if Brooklyn said give me frps 27, 28 swap, and 29 all unprotected. Otherwise I will just waive this asshole, and good luck picking him off waivers.
    Exactly. Brooklyn should know the Lakers are desperate to rid themselves of Westbrook. Brooklyn holds all the leverage, they can just say we’ll let Kyrie rot on the bench here for the season if you don’t give us 2 unprotected future FRPs in the exchange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played college ball in the states and was part of the summer league for ATL in 2018.
    That just means a lot more moves and travel for a guy who (I assume) still makes his home on the other side of the world.

Again, it's weird the Spurs would bring him in just to flip him, and then see him get flipped again. Hopefully he lands on his feet...but like I said, not an ideal for anyone's NBA career to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That just means a lot more moves and travel for a guy who (I assume) still makes his home on the other side of the world.

Again, it's weird the Spurs would bring him in just to flip him, and then see him get flipped again. Hopefully he lands on his feet...but like I said, not an ideal for anyone's NBA career to start.
    Every moment is an opportunity.
    It's up to you to make something of it.
    If you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think he is happy fir the opportunity to play in the NBA and make 3milly in 2yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you probably didn't see the Keldon interview where he almost had tears in eyes
    When he's offered an 80 million extension and has a career year the only tears will be of joy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I wish you disphits would understand this is actually what is happening. Get your dumb head out of your dumb ass.
    This coming from someone that was upset about people in this board calling others derogatory names. So, if someone has a different opinion, you resort to throwing insults then that's okay? Good to know.

And unless you can say that you heard first hand that these guys are going be sour then you dont know. At the end of the day these guys want to get paid, play the game and most will probably be over it once the season starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you probably didn't see the Keldon interview where he almost had tears in eyes
    I haven't seen this interview either. Do you have a link to it? I read the article that references the interview, and I didn't see anything particularly disheartening. One of the dude's friends got traded, and one of them signed elsewhere. That's just a part of life. Whenever I see a group of young Spurs coming up, I can't help but think of George Hill saying that he, DeJuan Balir and Malik Hairston used to sit around and talk about rising through the ranks and taking over for the Big Three in a few years. It's ridiculous to think of such players dreaming of grandeur when we know how their careers turned out, but hope springs internal, and young players can often get themselves into a position where they forget the NBA is a business and that young players can't stay together forever. If they realizing that has destroyed team morale, then their good feelings were always based on a lie. The Spurs did no one dirty. They're all being paid and in better situations. Johnson may or may not be long for the Spurs. Some of those guys may come back, or the team might bring in new guys he like. I'm sure it does hurt to realize that the money comes with potential stability. But he'll grow up.

I do think if the Spurs lose the way some posters want them to, it will hurt morale. They shouldn't be trying to take for a certain player. They should get value for guys who aren't in their plans and let the chips fall where they may. That could be another play-in run with guys stepping up. If that happens and the Spurs miss out on a high pick, so be it. The Spurs should be willing to accept they aren't going to be good for a while, but they can't allow an anti-winning culture to develop.

this is really happening the NBA is a joke. There's no way that should go down with the Lakers only asset being one future first rounder
    LAL has two unprotected picks and multiple swaps to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nobody wants our crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does he look happy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling a lot of GMs were annoyed with the Hawks for paying as much as they did for Murray. I imagine Gobert's deal was so high in large part because Ainge was comparing Minny's offer to Murray's haul. If Murray go what he got, and Gobert got what he got, it's basically impossible for a team that isn't tanking to offer enough value for Durant. If some fans get their wish, and the NBA does "crack down" on the players during the negotiations for the next CBA, we might see the league move away from a trading league toward a signing/drafting league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does he look happy?

looks depressed af. Gonna be a loong season in the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I do think if the Spurs lose the way some posters want them to, it will hurt morale. They shouldn't be trying to take for a certain player. They should get value for guys who aren't in their plans and let the chips fall where they may. That could be another play-in run with guys stepping up. If that happens and the Spurs miss out on a high pick, so be it. The Spurs should be willing to accept they aren't going to be good for a while, but they can't allow an anti-winning culture to develop.
    that would be the dumbest thing they can do. I understand doing it last year, but this year they should absolutely try their best to be the worst team in the entire league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does he look happy?

tbh his reaction towards luka samanic getting cut was way worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does he look happy?

Thanks for posting.

No, he doesn't seem happy. He seems subdued. I'd even say sad. He doesn't look hopeless or checked out though. If your best friend at work moved on to a different job, you might be sad while still wanting to continue working there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be the dumbest thing they can do. I understand doing it last year, but this year they should absolutely try their best to be the worst team in the entire league.

its beyond re ed to think this team needs to somehow stay on the treadmill. Its ova! They just dumped murray and arent in any way shape or form better. Embrace the show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does he look happy?

DJ and Lonnie were his friends. Of course he is gonna have some sadness because of that. Yall ST psychologists are looking way too much into a random interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ and Lonnie were his friends. Of course he is gonna have some sadness because of that. Yall ST psychologists are looking way too much into a random interview
    it's a normal reaction. Doesn't mean he all of a sudden doesn't want to play here or not sign an extension. I never said anything about it. Also all you guys trying to invent stories how Murray asked for a trade shouldn't be talking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? So that all of their players really will be like some are saying Keldon is? Guys will ask out if the team is horrible, and if they're constantly being dealt, then the investment in the Spurs in particular really will go away. What about the Spurs without a winning culture is any different from the Kings or Magic?

If we're hoping for things, it should be that the rumored projections for Primo are correct and he's a franchise player. It makes more sense to hope the Spurs already have their star rather than wanting him to suck and drag the team down so that they have a chance to win a chance to pick a guy who has a chance at being a franchise player. I know I'd rather get some evidence that the Spurs might have picked up a couple of potential All-Stars rather than worrying about if some guy not on the team is going to be there when they pick. Later in the year if a loss or few can get a better lottery slot, I can understand. But if they're back in the race for the play-in again because the guys they picked are playing great, it doesn't make sense to sabotage that. At a certain point, the returns on your investments get so high that you can't keep denying your have good stocks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh if Simmons + Westbrook happens, I think that’s enough to keep those Rockets picks from being top 10
    It could work, one dosen't wanna shoot and prefer to pass and the other just wanna shoot and just pass to get his stats. Now only to sort out who holds the ball and calls the shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its beyond re ed to think this team needs to somehow stay on the treadmill. Its ova! They just dumped murray and arent in any way shape or form better. Embrace the show
    That's not the question. If they're terrible, so be it. Make the best pick you can. I don't think anyone's argued that they should avoid that. But if they are "on the treadmill" despite all the trades they've made and all the picks they've secured from those trades, so be it. They aren't going to accidentally win 30-plus games next year. It would be because they end up having more talent that develops more quickly than we all assumed. I think a number of posters here would panic and feel an impulse to want the FO to sabotage that team somehow in order to secure the tank. I'm saying I disagree with that impulse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling a lot of GMs were annoyed with the Hawks for paying as much as they did for Murray. I imagine Gobert's deal was so high in large part because Ainge was comparing Minny's offer to Murray's haul. If Murray go what he got, and Gobert got what he got, it's basically impossible for a team that isn't tanking to offer enough value for Durant. If some fans get their wish, and the NBA does "crack down" on the players during the negotiations for the next CBA, we might see the league move away from a trading league toward a signing/drafting league.
    No doubt. I think there was something out yesterday that the Nets feel “emboldened” after those two trades to ask for the moon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Brooklyn should know the Lakers are desperate to rid themselves of Westbrook. Brooklyn holds all the leverage, they can just say we’ll let Kyrie rot on the bench here for the season if you don’t give us 2 unprotected future FRPs in the exchange.
    Nah, the Lakers do. The Nets choices appear to be paying Irving $36M to not play for them or getting the '27 and possibly '29 1sts from a team with no discernible future at the moment (granted, long ways off and they're the premier free agent destination).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, the Lakers do. The Nets choices appear to be paying Irving $36M to not play for them or getting the '27 and possibly '29 1sts from a team with no discernible future at the moment (granted, long ways off and they're the premier free agent destination).
    I have to wonder if the Nets wouldn't prefer a TE to those 2 picks....
    WB + 2 unprotected 1sts to SA
    TE to Brooklyn
    Kyrie + Doug to LA

Thread Information