Page 105 of 134 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like getting tix from Stubhub is going to be the way to go. And hopefully the ushers let people sneak down but I doubt it.
    Yeah coming down from the balcony to floor seats ain't easy....but sometimes you can go to the ticket desk inside and ask for an upgrade...if they are nice and there are a lot of empty seats they might go for it. I've been upgraded several times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Vassell has a huge breakout year. Otherwise passing on Haliburton will officially become a major drafting error by the Spurs.
    It was the second it happened. Haliburton's preference was irrelevant and the only logical explanation was that, give how they operate, Murray and White weren't going anywhere for a while. That not being the case, there's no excuse especially considering he's clearly Spurs material.

The jury on if drafting Vassell over Haliburton isn’t all on Vassell. That’s on Haliburton, too. For all we know, he tapers off and everybody forgets about him just like with what happened with Brogdon.
    No, it isn't and Haliburton, 2 seasons in, is still almost 2 years younger than Brogdon's drafted age yet is already superior offensively.

Brogdon hasn't tapered off. The reason why he fetched relatively little is because his extensive injury history made his contract undesirable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Vassell is going to make a jump he is never going to be the first or second go to guy but I think he can be a very good third option for a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton had his preferences but you also had perceptions to consider if you're SA.

Maybe Murray was the type of personality to get rubbed the wrong way by the implications of SA picking Haliburton and even if Haliburton was cool with it there's maybe even more at play to consider. This isn't digital OVRs on 2k real kids have chemistry issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Vassell is going to make a jump he is never going to be the first or second go to guy but I think he can be a very good third option for a good team.
    I still think that vassell could be a Paul George from the pacers days. He'll be our best player next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because Vassell is skinny and lanky-looking doesn’t mean he’s Paul George. They barely have anything in common. Paul was smooth with the ball a la T-Mac. Like a 6’8” guard. Vassell doesn’t have those skills and looks infinitely more comfortable taking as little dribbles as possible and getting many assisted shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think that vassell could be a Paul George from the pacers days. He'll be our best player next season.
    This is a redic comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a redic comparison.

its what he does. Vassell could very well be our best player and that says alot about the st of our team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its what he does. Vassell could very well be our best player and that says alot about the st of our team
    It’s our sad reality. Nothing wrong with Vassell but I firmly believe he is on a similar path of that of Keldon and D White and just don’t see him becoming anything more than a high end role player for another team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton had his preferences but you also had perceptions to consider if you're SA.

Maybe Murray was the type of personality to get rubbed the wrong way by the implications of SA picking Haliburton and even if Haliburton was cool with it there's maybe even more at play to consider. This isn't digital OVRs on 2k real kids have chemistry issues.
    Current Murray isn't good enough to pass up superior talent for, let alone '20 Murray. It's also not like they couldn't have played some together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Murray isn't good enough to pass up superior talent for, let alone '20 Murray. It's also not like they couldn't have played some together.
    Exactly. The best player available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s our sad reality. Nothing wrong with Vassell but I firmly believe he is on a similar path of that of Keldon and D White and just don’t see him becoming anything more than a high end role player for another team.
    Keldron took us from suprised and I am not sure how he will ever go in a playoff series. I think Vassell will be a dependable playoff starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of us haven't seen a bad spurs team. It's going to be hard to cheer for hit young players to do well but also want to see loses. It's going to be this weird balance.
    It would be like 1987-88 with Willie Anderson, Alvin Robertson, Cadillac. The only difference is Spurs fans knew it wasn’t for long and an athletic-freakish Center is just finishing his tour and soon will play. This time is still a lot of uncertainties which top draft Spurs get next season. And back then, Spurs fans were not the spoiled fans right now who not so long ago watched the Spurs dominate for 2 decades, or 3 decades minus one season of injury. Spurs fans still remember an all-time best 40-1 record at home tied only with the Celtics, just a few seasons back, but now even Thunder and lowly Kings get their way at our home court. Yup it’s goingbto be a long 2-3 years before Spurs fans could start crawling up from their cave.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he better than Vassell if you consider positions? Hali is a weird player he does not affect wins as much as you think. That was the main red flag in college when his team won more when he got injured. He is a secondary with bad defense i don't get the hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason Keldon took anyone by surprise is because most folks foolishly think players don’t develop after 1 or 2 years and they trust their own player evals fueled by their bias against the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, when all is said and done, Vassell AND Haliburton will probably be looked at as nothing more than run-of-the-mill role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure how much more clearly this could be stated:

He
    Didn’t
    Want
    To
    Be
    Here

This was barely two years after a player forced his way out of SA, ripping the team off for $19M in the process and costing us any decent immediate return, because he wanted to be somewhere else. There’s no way we’re drafting a player at that point who wants to be somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Writing
    This
    Does
    Not
    Make
    Your
    Point
    Better

Also, who cares what Haliburton wanted? Not Sacramento. It's one thing if a player has a blood feud with an individual team. But thinking a late-lotto pick can choose his destination (even leaving out that that's apparently Sacramento) is lunacy. We don't even know if he would've hated being in SA anyway. We have good reasons as to why SA didn't pick up already without having to invent more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Writing
    This
    Does
    Not
    Make
    Your
    Point
    Better

Also, who cares what Haliburton wanted? Not Sacramento. It's one thing if a player has a blood feud with an individual team. But thinking a late-lotto pick can choose his destination (even leaving out that that's apparently Sacramento) is lunacy. We don't even know if he would've hated being in SA anyway. We have good reasons as to why SA didn't pick up already without having to invent more.
    Kobe Bryant. 1996. Late lottery pick. Chose where he wanted to go, out of HS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph Curry wanted to go to NY but got drafted by GS. Where a rookie wants to go, unless he is a top 1-2 pick, is largely irrelevant imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. His supposed preference being the Kings didn't mean he was opposed to being a Spur, but even if that were the case, who cares?

2. Bryant didn't choose anything. His agent bluffed the Nets and was fortunate the Hornets were trying to win now. Neither had to capitulate to his wishes.

3. Even if it came to that, the Kings and Mavericks, at the very least, supposedly wanted him badly so you still pick the superior asset and if they wanted Vassell so badly, slide down a spot to do so.

Is he better than Vassell if you consider positions? Hali is a weird player he does not affect wins as much as you think. That was the main red flag in college when his team won more when he got injured. He is a secondary with bad defense i don't get the hype.
    Better/more versatile shooter, significantly better creator/play maker and though a worse defender, at least he's not a small guard and it's not like Vassell has been all league himself.

The most likely ceilings here are probably complementary/fringe star for the former and high end/elite role player for the latter.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-02-2022 at 04:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry made sure everyone knew he wanted to go to NY @ 8, and Golden State took him @ 7. Worked out fine for them. Point being, most of the time if you're convinced the player in question is a much better talent, you take him and hope for the best. And if not, trade him later on for a higher price.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went from Sacramento to Indiana. But San Antonio is a problem? Not sure why they didn’t draft him, but I look back at those years with confusion. It seems like the focus was getting Pop the record, but even that doesn’t explain everything. I think they just liked Vassel more, for whatever reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went from Sacramento to Indiana. But San Antonio is a problem? Not sure why they didn’t draft him, but I look back at those years with confusion. It seems like the focus was getting Pop the record, but even that doesn’t explain everything. I think they just liked Vassel more, for whatever reason.
    this notion halliburtion said no to sa seems silly. Sounds like spur fan making excuses for not drafting him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arn Tellem arranged a tryout in front of Jerry West.
    Kobe hadn't even considered the Lakers as they had the 24th pick.

West stopped the 2nd workout after about twenty minutes and said he'd take him.

After that Tellem / West orchestrated a tale in which Kobe wouldn't agree to play with the Nets, saying he would go to Italy. Also, they had to look not interested in Kobe to outside eyes.

Nets reluctantly picked Kittles. The deal with the Hornets was set as they, HC Cowens said that they don't pick high school kids. They wanted immediate help.

Thread Information