Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t they have like 17 more picks or something ridiculous like that? I actually like their roster. They just need a 3D player for them to be taken seriously as a playoff team. Maybe they get that next year?
    Not anymore. Nine, and a swap. They’re also out of cap-room to rent, with SGA now getting paid.

We have four, two completely unprotected, two swaps, plus whatever we pull for cap room in the next couple of summers, Jak and JRich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder traded three poor firsts for a player they wanted. It was an easily justifiable move. Dieng might bust, but there's no issue with the price, just as there was none for Houston trading for Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want more ball movement. It seemed like we went from ISO DeMar directly to ISO Dejounte.
    where did DJ get isos? Spurs were 2nd in assists, how much more ball movement do you want

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where did DJ get isos? Spurs were 2nd in assists, how much more ball movement do you want
    spur fans are going to be disappointed this season expecting this team to get better because dejounte Murray was holding them back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not anymore. Nine, and a swap. They’re also out of cap-room to rent, with SGA now getting paid.

We have four, two completely unprotected, two swaps, plus whatever we pull for cap room in the next couple of summers, Jak and JRich.
    9 is still a ton of picks. And SGA, Giddy, and Chet is a pretty good nucleus to build around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 is still a ton of picks. And SGA, Giddy, and Chet is a pretty good nucleus to build around
    I think their problem is that I don’t see any of them being a franchise guy, and they’re burning through picks without a good way to refresh the stash. SGA just went from $5.4M to $29.7M. That’s cap space they can no longer rent to get picks. By next year, we could well may pass them on # of FRPs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah OK can only tank so long and getting all those picks you eventually need to start paying those players. I keep seeing them and Houston with the first pick in 2023 but I just don’t see that as both teams just have to much talent and players playing for new contracts to be that bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah OK can only tank so long and getting all those picks you eventually need to start paying those players. I keep seeing them and Houston with the first pick in 2023 but I just don’t see that as both teams just have to much talent and players playing for new contracts to be that bad
    Spurs definitely should be in that conversation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've prepped myself to take on a certain mind set for this season. i hope to see a compe ive team, younger players develop and signs from some of our younger players, such as devin, taking that leap to the next level. it'll be ugly sometimes and there will be some painful losses but if it get the spurs in the bottom three or four by the end of the season, i'll be good with it.
    Feel like this will be the first year the spurs aren't forcing a ball to someone and the team can play like a team. It'll be good for all of their development. Tre Jones is built for this type of team, so he should be a good tank commander.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like this will be the first year the spurs aren't forcing a ball to someone and the team can play like a team. It'll be good for all of their development. Tre Jones is built for this type of team, so he should be a good tank commander.

nope, you want primo as the main pg to assure those losses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're good players, but I don't know if any of them is a franchise guy. Giddey is a terrible shooter and needs shooters around him. The first might be fixed, but Presti hasn't put any shooters around him to find.

Holmgren could improve their defense dramatically, but needs some beef to play alongside, and instead they went to get Dieng.

Their 3&D guy is supposedly Dort, who the fanbase is huge on, but his advanced numbers are really awful.

SGA is a great player... every few games.

I just don't get the roster. It's kind of a mess.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder traded three poor firsts for a player they wanted. It was an easily justifiable move. Dieng might bust, but there's no issue with the price, just as there was none for Houston trading for Sengun.
    The Thunder have assembled a nice team and are ahead of the spurs in development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have assembled a nice team and are ahead of the spurs in development.
    they will eventually turn that corner. Presti is building a nice young core regardless of what spur fan thinks

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose the Spurs still have Pop and his gravity, which helps in getting players to follow a system, though not sure what iteration we’ll see next year. But other than that, we are definitely lacking players with big star potential. After ing around for four years or so now after Kawhi, they have to get a big talent. And signs indicate they will be in the running. But those last few months of a season is what gives me pause. I just don’t see Pop not putting out his best players, and the egregious tanking will likely be more “compe ive”.

It’s going to be a weird season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they will eventually turn that corner. Presti is building a nice young core regardless of what spur fan thinks
    They might win as many as 30 games this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might win as many as 30 games this year.
    definitely more then our spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m very interested to see if LBJ extends at full max. Will be like watching a 3 year long train wreck that I’m very happy to root for.

Does that make the 2027 unprotected more valuable? Less time they have to rebuild the better no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely more then our spurs
    Spurs last 3 seasons: 32,33,34 wins. Two of those seasons were shortened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're good players, but I don't know if any of them is a franchise guy. Giddey is a terrible shooter and needs shooters around him. The first might be fixed, but Presti hasn't put any shooters around him to find.

Holmgren could improve their defense dramatically, but needs some beef to play alongside, and instead they went to get Dieng.

Their 3&D guy is supposedly Dort, who the fanbase is huge on, but his advanced numbers are really awful.

SGA is a great player... every few games.

I just don't get the roster. It's kind of a mess.
    Isn’t Chet a good shooter tho? He isn’t a franchise guy but he really does look like he could be a great player. If he stays healthy. I like his game as a rim protector and a shooter.

I also like Giddy. He’s got a great feel for the game and just knows how to play. He has weaknesses like you say but if he does learn how to shoot (cough cough Chip hiring cough cough) then he will be a very good player. SGA I feel like is going to be traded this year to the Lakers for Westbrook and 2 picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t Chet a good shooter tho? He isn’t a franchise guy but he really does look like he could be a great player. If he stays healthy. I like his game as a rim protector and a shooter.

I also like Giddy. He’s got a great feel for the game and just knows how to play. He has weaknesses like you say but if he does learn how to shoot (cough cough Chip hiring cough cough) then he will be a very good player. SGA I feel like is going to be traded this year to the Lakers for Westbrook and 2 picks
    That would be an incredibly dumb trade for OKC. Two FRPs, even unprotected, aren’t enough for SGA, let alone eating Westbrook’s $47M.

DJ’s deal set the bar: 2 unprotected FRPs, another FRP, and an unprotected swap. And that’s JUST for a promising young player, cap rental not included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be an incredibly dumb trade for OKC. Two FRPs, even unprotected, aren’t enough for SGA, let alone eating Westbrook’s $47M.

DJ’s deal set the bar: 2 unprotected FRPs, another FRP, and an unprotected swap. And that’s JUST for a promising young player, cap rental not included.

hornets haven't made the playoffs in 6 seasons. Hopefully spurs get that pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still pretty useless. Hopefully they move it for a future, far out pick with less protection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were freaking out about the Toronto pick only having 2 years as a first, and we got it in year one. Charlotte’s current coach, Steve Clifford, has eight years experience, 4 in Charlotte previously, and 4 in Orlando. He took each team to the playoffs twice.

We have 3 years to get the pick as a first rounder. Charlotte cannot afford to miss the playoffs the next 3 years, or they’re going to have LaMelo problems. Big problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still pretty useless. Hopefully they move it for a future, far out pick with less protection.
    No first round pick is useless to a rebuilding team. It’s probably going to be a pick between 17-20 this year if it conveys, or 15-20 the next two years. If nothing else, you get a rotation player at a cheap 4 year controlled price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No first round pick is useless to a rebuilding team. It’s probably going to be a pick between 17-20 this year if it conveys, or 15-20 the next two years. If nothing else, you get a rotation player at a cheap 4 year controlled price.
    They don’t become rotational players till year 2-3. Only going to take longer with the logjam of young guys of similar talent.

Thread Information