2. Amen Thompson

Potential All Star:
    1. Nick Smith
    2. Cam Whitmore
    3. Brandon Miller
    4. Dariq Whitehead - If he recovers from foot injury
    5. GG Jackson
    6. Jordan Walsh

I think this draft is super talented staying in the top 8 will give you access to top tier talent and yeah obviously staying in the top 3 is what we are all hoping for.

RJV - man if Amen can show he can shoot the long ball an improve his shooting mechanics then yeah it would be a tough choice between him and Scoot.
    Obviously it's early but, I'd have Smith in the Allstar category with Thompson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see that my only question is what will be his true position a PG, SG, or a combo guard?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of a discussion in the Jak thread… do we feel like Lively and Ware are good enough C prospects to feel comfortable with moving Jak during the season?

Obviously if you land Wemby, Jak becomes expendable, but it seems like the rest of the top prospects are G/W in which case you might be really keen on a nice Jak extension this offseason.
    BackHome - you gave a great write-up here… assuming the Spurs aren’t picking 1 or 2, which prospects do you feel fit in best with the Spurs current core?
    You know after looking at this draft I think if we can land at least a top 7 we will improve dramatically - Guys whose play style I think would mesh with our team outside of the top two picks would be;

1. Amen Thompson - A 6’7 PG who is probably in the top 5 as most athletic player in a very deep draft would be very nice and it is definitely a position of need since Primo. Only thing I will be watching is his outside shooting but I think he is a player that can mesh as I don’t think he has to be ball dominant but he can handle the rock when needed and this team would be deadly running the floor with him, Vassell, Keldon, and Sochan, that definitely a fun team to watch

2. Cam Whitmore - A Very athletic 6’8 SF the dude is just to good to pass up and is a man child right now love the way he plays and man oh man he has some nasty dunks. He can score at every level and he plays very good defense kid is going to be a stud

3. Brandon Miller - A 6’9 SF he is the opposite of Sochan as he is all offense but if he can show he can D up then definitely take him. I think him and Sochan can play off each other inside and out when we go small

4. GG Jackson - The kid is only 17 but all ready has a NBA body if he gets any taller then 6’9 then he will definitely go early. He has inside and shows outside game and has decent handles and a good passer. I definitely can see him and Sochan playing well with each other would see a lot of back door dunks

One thing is that I am kinda torn with trading Poodle as of right know if no trades and everyone stays healthy I see us drafting in the 6 to 12 range. If we’re tanking we HAVE to land in the top 4 only way to get that is trades or injuries at this point though if possible I would like to trade Richardson and McBuckets who I think should get a decent first and maybe a late first or early second. If that were to happen then I think we would probably land in the 4 to 7 range. even if we trade those two and Poodle we still would do no better then 3 as Houston is in no way worried about Silver and they are All In on the tank and then you got the Flakers who just suck so hope Lady Luck is with us and Karma bites those two ty organizations when the dice are rolled

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see that my only question is what will be his true position a PG, SG, or a combo guard?
    I think right now he's a combo guard but, he has the vision and handle that can develop into a PG. I'd be thrilled with he or Amen if we draft 3 or 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know after looking at this draft I think if we can land at least a top 7 we will improve dramatically - Guys whose play style I think would mesh with our team outside of the top two picks would be;

1. Amen Thompson - A 6’7 PG who is probably in the top 5 as most athletic player in a very deep draft would be very nice and it is definitely a position of need since Primo. Only thing I will be watching is his outside shooting but I think he is a player that can mesh as I don’t think he has to be ball dominant but he can handle the rock when needed and this team would be deadly running the floor with him, Vassell, Keldon, and Sochan, that definitely a fun team to watch

2. Cam Whitmore - A Very athletic 6’8 SF the dude is just to good to pass up and is a man child right now love the way he plays and man oh man he has some nasty dunks. He can score at every level and he plays very good defense kid is going to be a stud

3. Brandon Miller - A 6’9 SF he is the opposite of Sochan as he is all offense but if he can show he can D up then definitely take him. I think him and Sochan can play off each other inside and out when we go small

4. GG Jackson - The kid is only 17 but all ready has a NBA body if he gets any taller then 6’9 then he will definitely go early. He has inside and shows outside game and has decent handles and a good passer. I definitely can see him and Sochan playing well with each other would see a lot of back door dunks

One thing is that I am kinda torn with trading Poodle as of right know if no trades and everyone stays healthy I see us drafting in the 6 to 12 range. If we’re tanking we HAVE to land in the top 4 only way to get that is trades or injuries at this point though if possible I would like to trade Richardson and McBuckets who I think should get a decent first and maybe a late first or early second. If that were to happen then I think we would probably land in the 4 to 7 range. even if we trade those two and Poodle we still would do no better then 3 as Houston is in no way worried about Silver and they are All In on the tank and then you got the Flakers who just suck so hope Lady Luck is with us and Karma bites those two ty organizations when the dice are rolled
    I really like Jak but, I'd trade him. He raises our floor, he has value, and he's going to be overpaid next year imo. Move him soon and get more future assets. Our future is Devin at the 2, KJ at the 3, maybe Sochan at the 4, so that leaves the 1 and 5 for us to find our Alpha. We will have to do that through the draft or through a trade. Scoot, Amen or Smith could be that guy at the 1. I don't really see that guy at the 5 in the draft right now but we could probably replace Jak with the Charolotte pick (if they get it together when Ball comes back and make the playoffs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year's top 3 can change a franchise. Top 5 is nothing to sniff at.

I think people are really sleeping on scoot and how good hes going to be. His athleticism is drose type where he just explodes in a way others can't respond too. He has shown signs of good shooting nights. He will continue to Develop.

Amen is a PG. That's what he is. 6'7 athletic monster at PG. Can be a Streaky shooter but that ft percentage is always a concern. Wenby is obviously generational but comes with as much risk, if not more than any other prospect with his build. I'd take him, no Brainer over anyone else but would not feel let down at all with scoot tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Withead is healthy soon, people will be surprised.

The third talent in this draft imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Whitehead is another athletic freak who loves to sky over people and is one of the nastiest dunkers I have seen in awhile. Only reason I have not mentioned him is because of his injury “Fractured Foot” in which he has surgery on August 30th - For me personally I just don’t want to take a chance on a player with that type of injury if we picking let’s say in the top 6
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-08-2022 at 09:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GG Jackson (South Carolina) is a guy I'm going to be watching.

First game is tonight on the SEC Network.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh Yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Appreciate this - it provides a great guide of who to be watching out for!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GG Jackson (South Carolina) is a guy I'm going to be watching.

First game is tonight on the SEC Network.
    I been interested in him. Could become a Giannis type with a 3-point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Amen Thompson is an interesting prospect, I have a hard time seeing any team draft an Overtime Elite player in the lotto, much less the top 5 pick. I believe no player was drafted from that league in the first or second round last year. Just seems like a stretch that all of a sudden teams start to trust that league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Amen Thompson is an interesting prospect, I have a hard time seeing any team draft an Overtime Elite player in the lotto, much less the top 5 pick. I believe no player was drafted from that league in the first or second round last year. Just seems like a stretch that all of a sudden teams start to trust that league.
    Their two best prospects last year were Jean Montero and Dominick Barlow. If a Banchero or same level talent played for them, he would still be a top-5 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their two best prospects last year were Jean Montero and Dominick Barlow. If a Banchero or same level talent played for them, he would still be a top-5 pick.
    False. What Banchero did in the NCAA was impressive because of the compe ion and all the limelight Duke players get. The narrative would be that he’s playing playground ball in OE if he played there. How much do you want to bet Amen drops his draft stock as the draft gets closer (and not because his level of play drops) because high performers in the NCAA will overshadow him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False. What Banchero did in the NCAA was impressive because of the compe ion and all the limelight Duke players get. The narrative would be that he’s playing playground ball in OE if he played there. How much do you want to bet Amen drops his draft stock as the draft gets closer (and not because his level of play drops) because high performers in the NCAA will overshadow him?
    What was the deciding factor for Wiseman and Sharp to get into the top 10? Their "outstanding" performances in the NCAA or hype + athleticism + potential + pre-draft workouts + interview?
    You can also look at Patrick Williams and Scottie Barnes who weren't "high performers" in college and made the top 4 anyway.
    Please stop posting smart looking predictions here in November, you won't be able to guess the mindset of the GMs before the draft anyway.
    Last edited by Vince Carter's ankle; 11-09-2022 at 07:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the deciding factor for Wiseman and Sharp to get into the top 10? Their "outstanding" performances in the NCAA or hype + athleticism + potential + pre-draft workouts + interview?
    You can also look at Patrick Williams and Scottie Barnes who weren't "high performers" in college and made the top 4 anyway.
    Please stop posting smart looking predictions here in November, you won't be able to guess the mindset of the GMs before the draft anyway.

So let me get this straight— somehow your prediction of Amen staying in the top 10 isn’t guessing the mindset of the GMs but mine is. Your prediction is as good as mine. How about you stop posting since you can’t stop contradicting yourself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight— somehow your prediction of Amen staying in the top 10 isn’t guessing the mindset of the GMs but mine is. Your prediction is as good as mine. How about you stop posting since you can’t stop contradicting yourself?
    Where did I post "Amen staying in the top 10"?
    My point is that lack of NCAA experience is not the deciding factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find RJV - Not bad for a 17 year old not bad at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OTE is trash, and they play no one. The level of comp is probably AAU, minus most of the elite talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OTE is trash, and they play no one. The level of comp is probably AAU, minus most of the elite talent.
    That's my biggest concern for the Thompson's , OTE is a very very low level league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my biggest concern for the Thompson's , OTE is a very very low level league.
    dOesNt MaTteR. toO MuCH TaLeNt LoLz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it’s only one game but glad to see some of my players I like playing good;

GG Jackson looked really good being only 17 years old - 18pts with 10 rebounds

Brandon Miller also looked like he would be a very nice piece on this team - 14pts to go with 13 rebounds

Cason Wallace my third PG with a nice line of 15pts to with 9 assist and 8 rebounds not to bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many of the top prospects having suspect Js I’d expect someone like Terquavion Smith to shoot up the boards. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s taken somewhere mid lottery.

Thread Information