Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton with three straight games of 10+ assists and no turnovers.

Spurs done ed up not picking him. I like Vassel but he ain't that guy.

They ed up by not picking him and Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They ed up by not picking him and Sengun.

Nobody is gonna argue they ed up picking primo.They still had dejounte when they passed on burton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The crazy thing is, it was obvious at the time (and that was before we knew they weren't committed to Murray and White) and he's their type in virtually every sense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Anybody could beat the Lakers in a playoff series.
    uh, the lakers are 3-0 vs the spurs so far this season. lakers have won by an average of 15.67 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like if the spurms miss out on their guy in the draft, next year is another tanking season

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    there's some all-time bad takes in this thread...
    (spurs are 6-16, rockets are 5-16)

idk why you're laughing tbh. they have picks.
    so do the Spurs, but we also got 6 young rotation players, 3 of them starters and have about 4 young third stringers. What do the Rockets have besides low Brooklyn Nets picks?
    They are owed a group of likely late first rounders by BKN, and pick swaps that will likely never convey. Huge net negative.
    Why the Rockets are the biggest winners from Kevin Durant's trade request

For real though the Pelicans look like trash without a lot of ways to fix their problems.
    could say that about the spurs too tbh.
    guess which one fixed their problems?

This one did age well at ALL.
    I still don't know this team's future, but they sure are loaded. Dallas, Houston, Memphis, they all have issues, with Memphis the better situated other than the Spurs. People say SAS has no stars, but they're pretty damn close.

Somehow someway despite the jeckyl Hyde season the Spurs are winning the division after this Boston win

um... ja was injured... and the rockets were dealing with harden... AND the maverick will NOT stay under the spurs

It’s time to close this thread
    Should have been closed the moment it was posted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My, my... Is your life so barren of achievement that you cannot refrain from premature victory-lapping by bumping your own threads on a forgotten forum, Gambit? Sad.

It's even sadder once you take into account the 180° spin you did on this thread's purpose, and went all-in on it being about the future future, yet come here to "prove the haters wrong" with their "all-time bad takes" on... things that haven't even materialized yet (Nets picks), and things that are utterly irrelevant (Rockettes' and Spurs' standings on a tanking season)? Is your "gotcha!" bar truly that low?

Had you any decency to actually prove yourself right or wrong, you'd wait to bump this useless thread until, at least, one of these wit teams you parade for actually achieves something of relevance, like a WCF or something. It's not much point of pride being second-or-third-furthest from the bottom, is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing's for certain, though: this thread is the perfect anti-jinx. I just know the Spurs are landing Wembanyama in a Duncan-esque sequence, and it's all due to this thread. Gotta give the props where due - but I'll wait for the draft, myself

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    My, my... Is your life so barren of achievement that you cannot refrain from premature victory-lapping by bumping your own threads on a forgotten forum, Gambit? Sad.

It's even sadder once you take into account the 180° spin you did on this thread's purpose, and went all-in on it being about the future future, yet come here to "prove the haters wrong" with their "all-time bad takes" on... things that haven't even materialized yet (Nets picks), and things that are utterly irrelevant (Rockettes' and Spurs' standings on a tanking season)?
    i've pointed this out to you multiple times and then you just shy away from it:
    you're missing the point of this thread. spurs could end this season with the best record in the division and my point would still stand.

this thread is about the future, future. not weeks or months. spurs need to do what OKC did and move their vets. especially instead of letting them walk for nothing.

spurs move demar, la, rudy for the right assets and i take this thread back.
    i posted that early in the thread too. i never moved the goal post.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Sugus every time i show him the same receipts:

in two months he'll post about how i moved the goal post while never acknowledging that i clearly clarified, and doubled down on, the point of this thread.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i pay zero attention to draftees. i haven't watched a second of wembanyama play but that frame is begging for injuries ... you heard it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus every time i show him the same receipts:

in two months he'll post about how i moved the goal post while never acknowledging that i clearly clarified, and doubled down on, the point of this thread.
    you keep parroting the same "receipt" as if your posting doesn't keep contradicting it. Future future, you say again, and again try to "clap back" as if any significant amount of time has passed to say with any certainty that the Spurs are worse set-up for the future than their tanking peers. Again, top picks ain't until you develop them into actually winning players and do something with them. If top-3 picks were the only factor in deciding which teams have the better future, and playing that out, the Kings would be 5-time-champions. Same for the Wolves, Cavs, etc.

Again, you can doubt the Spurs and Wembanyama's body all you want, but it's a fact that landing Victor in this years' draft puts the Spurs in a tremendously good position, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. Chips are far from having been settled.

But hey, maybe Jalen Green carries the Rockettes to a threepeat, who knows. It's certainly a "future" to imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i pay zero attention to draftees. i haven't watched a second of wembanyama play but that frame is begging for injuries ... you heard it here first.
    It's telling.

No doubt a lot of your takes stem from similar issues.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Future future, you say again, and again try to "clap back" as if any significant amount of time has passed to say with any certainty that the Spurs are worse set-up for the future than their tanking peers.
    this thread is about the future, future. not weeks or months.
    the window i alluded started a long time ago and isn't closing soon. it's been well over a year since the the original post.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    and my comment about wembanyama was just a side note, not something directed at you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see this comment about Wembanyama's frame/body type/height/length literally every day, month after month, on every basketball & draft/scout site! I can't even count any more the number of posts I've seen from hundreds of commenters saying why isn't anyone talking about Wemby's injury risks?! How am I the only person who thinks he'll always be injured with that frame?? Every single reputable scout and writer I've read has talked about it extensively, and it's probably the single most discussed aspect of his future potential on every site, replete with weight jokes, comparisons to Chet Holmgren, Ralph Sampson, Oden, etc, etc...
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 12-09-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just going off the division;
    1 and 2; NO and Memphis are the gold standard in the division. They are going to be good for a long time. I'd put NO above Memphis, Memphis needs another star player next to JA.
    3. Dallas, they actually need to get there together. They got Luka for the next what 5 years? they need to go hard and get a start or 2nd option to pair with Luka. Dirk stayed, yet from what the rumors are saying, Luka might dip after his contract his up.
    4. SA, can't get any worst than we are.From here's it all about going up, and this the upcoming draft is probably the first true rebuild draft that we have, that has us with a chance at a top 4 pick. Just need to hit on it!
    5. Houson; Similar to SA, but they really need to hit on the next pick espcially considering where they've drafted Green and Smith both have upsides, but Green is looking an inefficient scorer, while Smith is only 19 and has big upside, it seem he's isn't where many thought he would have been.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I see this comment about Wembanyama's frame/body type/height/length literally every day, month after month, on every basketball & draft/scout site! I can't even count any more the number of posts I've seen from hundreds of commenters saying why isn't anyone talking about Wemby's injury risks?! How am I the only person who thinks he'll always be injured with that frame?? Every single reputable scout and writer I've read has talked about it extensively, and it's probably the single most discussed aspect of his future potential on every site, replete with weight jokes, comparisons to Chet Holmgren, Ralph Sampson, Oden, etc, etc...
    maybe bold the first sentence instead of the last one?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i haven't seen anyone on ST mention that he might be injury prone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are currently three Wembanyama threads on ST and all three are full of predictions/concerns that he'll be injury prone due to his size & frame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting tidbit I came across on Hoops Hype about the Bucks not having a full-time advance scout… apparently its from Pop’s influence on Bud and apparently Pop doesn’t believe in having one either.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1832731/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolwut

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not looking promising right now, unless Pop is in CIA mode and not trying to make the tank look obvious.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not looking promising right now, unless Pop is in CIA mode and not trying to make the tank look obvious.
    it’s not Pops fault the last two opponents literally tripped over their own s to close out games against the Spurs. The man is rolling out lineups with no point guard resulting in straight up chaos - he’s trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston getting Victor and Harden

Thread Information