Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs messed up big. We are now waiting for lottery balls while sengun is leading the rockets to the promised land. No two ways about it. The spurs messed up big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how will he adapt on the defensive side.

Will never become a rim protector nor will he gain mobility to defend in space.

Good luck with that.
    See the last play in this clip...

http://1615236607728050176

Furk. I forgot how to post a link in twitter...

Someone please do it with that number above.
    Last edited by offset formation; 01-17-2023 at 08:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish it would translate to some wins for them. From the outside looking in, they seem to be throwing games.
    Yes. Silas hasn't even been starting Sengun despite the fan base screaming for his head over it. They know what they have in him and want to see him get more minutes. Last night vs Laker, he started and got like 36 min. Posted a career high in points.

Silas is either losing at the behest of ownership or he is sabotaging them via incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs messed up big. We are now waiting for lottery balls while sengun is leading the rockets to the promised land. No two ways about it. The spurs messed up big time.
    I see what you did there and appreciate the subtlety.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See the last play in this clip...

http://1615236607728050176

Furk. I forgot how to post a link in twitter...

Someone please do it with that number above.
    https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1615236607728050176

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could've defended that Bryant post up.
    That's not telling much.

I'm not saying he's useless but for all his want he could, and most probably will, still end up short vs elite bigs and space attackers.

Him going drop coverage every single time is kinda predictable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOU looks a tier worst than whatever trash we put out. Why is there suddenly a Sengun hype? Did he learn to defend?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Silas hasn't even been starting Sengun despite the fan base screaming for his head over it. They know what they have in him and want to see him get more minutes. Last night vs Laker, he started and got like 36 min. Posted a career high in points.

Silas is either losing at the behest of ownership or he is sabotaging them via incompetence.
    Silas is playing for Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is a mess in terms of draft picks for a few years after this one. This is their last chance to get a top draft pick for a little while, but this ain't how you tank. The players are looking terrible and getting worse. Only Sengun looks alright.

Sengun may not be a world-beater, but he's infinitely better than non-Primo. A lot of sour grapes here.

But I don't think the Rockets get their together for a very long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not telling much.

I'm not saying he's useless but for all his want he could, and most probably will, still end up short vs elite bigs and space attackers.

Have you watched our two best players Devin Vassell and Keldon Johnson play defense? Atleast he does multiple things on the other side of the ball very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you watched our two best players Devin Vassell and Keldon Johnson play defense? Atleast he does multiple things on the other side of the ball very well.
    No one is claiming they’ll be multi time all stars like some around here with Alpo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not telling much.

What about his passing? Rebounding? 4 blocks? FG efficiency? As a 20 year old that's hardly started...

The desire to downplay this kid's overall game by slighting the one thing he undoubtedly knows he has to work on, is kinda odd. And he's not even terrible at it.

I promise you that you could take each young player and pick out something they aren't great at yet. But yet he's still defending the post with 4 blks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is claiming they’ll be multi time all stars like some around here with Alpo.
    Yes, you're referring to.me. And that's exactly what I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about his passing? Rebounding? 4 blocks? FG efficiency? As a 20 year old that's hardly started...

The desire to downplay this kid's overall game by slighting the one thing he undoubtedly knows he has to work on, is kinda odd. And he's not even terrible at it.

I promise you that you could take each young player and pick out something they aren't great at yet. But yet he's still defending the post with 4 blks.
    It's "sour grapes", AKA rationalization. Since we missed on him (in the most predictable and stupid way imaginable), some feel compelled to downplay his game because it lessens the blow to their fragile psyche. It's far easier and more honest to accept we f*cked up and move on, there's more to life than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's "sour grapes", AKA rationalization. Since we missed on him (in the most predictable and stupid way imaginable), some feel compelled to downplay his game because it lessens the blow to their fragile psyche. It's far easier and more honest to accept we f*cked up and move on, there's more to life than this.
    Yeap, sour grapes. I'm ready to move on (mostly) - it'll be irritating to see him post good statlines our third-year supposed stars/leaders can't do. At least he's stuck on the Rox and not, say, OKC, who of course DID draft him but immediately traded him away.

(And then traded multiple picks for Ousmane Dieng the next year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bro, it's like they're not even trying to hide it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, it's like they're not even trying to hide it now.
    Yeah I tend to think he's doing so at the guidance of the front office. And I like Silas so I hope he is losing purposefully because the alternative is that he's a bad coach. The fan base *hates* him and wants him gone yesterday for his rotations and offensive calls like sitting Sengun in crunch time, etc.

And I'd add one last thing, if he is losing at the behest of the ownership/front office, it'd be criminal for him to be fired for it. That's some low class .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wasn't disputing his very good offensive game. That's pretty much a given, and with room to improve. Great from a young big man.

His issues are on the defensive side.
    I see him as a tweener, neither a rim protector nor a defender in space.

kev why compare him to Spurs youth? Apples and oranges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you did there and appreciate the subtlety.
    All joking aside I think we guns got talent. Any other era he would’ve been the best player on a good team but not the leader of a championship team due to defensive issues, but he could be like a Zach Randolph or Chris bosh type player. In todays nba though, I can’t even see him being a best player on a playoff team, or maybe even second best player.

He put up the best line of his career and lost to the lakers! Sure the rest of the rockets were just horrible low iq playground ballers but the lakers? With that line? That’s like some Sony seikaly or enes Kanter stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I tend to think he's doing so at the guidance of the front office. And I like Silas so I hope he is losing purposefully because the alternative is that he's a bad coach. The fan base *hates* him and wants him gone yesterday for his rotations and offensive calls like sitting Sengun in crunch time, etc.

And I'd add one last thing, if he is losing at the behest of the ownership/front office, it'd be criminal for him to be fired for it. That's some low class .
    Yeah, this looks like the ML Carr Celtics situation all over again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this looks like the ML Carr Celtics situation all over again.
    Yes it does. Good for them if they land a top 3 pick. Houston looks focused on ac ulating talent and worrying about a roster construction later. The way people are laughing at Houston is the same way they laughed at OKC/Pelicans/Memphis. I’ve enjoyed watching their rebuilds to this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it does. Good for them if they land a top 3 pick. Houston looks focused on ac ulating talent and worrying about a roster construction later. The way people are laughing at Houston is the same way they laughed at OKC/Pelicans/Memphis. I’ve enjoyed watching their rebuilds to this point.
    Except the Houston picks have been trash, yes, you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the Houston picks have been trash, yes, you're right.
    Houston has been so bad that I completely forgot the Rockets are playing. Nobody here cares about the Rockets. I mean tickets are legit $5 and still nobody shows up. It’s pretty sad. I haven’t been to a Spurs game in SA in like 3 years. I hope it’s not the same way in SA as it is here in Hou.

Side note it would be hilarious if Charlotte got the #1 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love for history to repeat itself and we hit the jackpot a 3rd time.

Thread Information