Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2321
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He likely won't be, as Banchero plays his spot, and given the Kings' success, Keegan Murray will take the other forward spot.
    IMO the All Rookie 1st team will probably be:
    Mathurin, Jalen Williams, Keegan Murray, Banchero, Kessler
    And 2nd team will be:
    Nembhard, Ivey, Jabari Smith Jr, Sochan, Duren
    With a possible swap between Ivey and Mathurin.
    That said, in a (premature) re-draft, I'd take Sochan over ANYONE but Banchero. His position, size, versatility and skill set make him a much more unique prospect than guards like Ivey, Mathurin or Jalen Williams, or center Duren, and he's much younger than Keegan Murray (3 years) and Jalen Williams (2 years). That's regardless of All Rookie teams (IDGAF).
    Ivey has been underwhelming overall. Don't know if he is a lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey has been underwhelming overall. Don't know if he is a lock.
    For 2nd team? He sure is. Doesn't deserve it, but might even make 1st team. Empty stats and hype go a long way into all rookie teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo Ivey is having a better season than Mathurin, Close %, better 3pt% and same attempts per game, more assists ( same rebounds), more steals.... juste one point shy of mathurin 16.6 pts per game. Only ft% and TO are bad.

Sochan could pass Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For 2nd team? He sure is. Doesn't deserve it, but might even make 1st team. Empty stats and hype go a long way into all rookie teams.
    My point is that even empty stats wise, Ivey's are emptier!

Advanced stats-wise, Ivey's numbers are worse than Shaedon Sharpe's.

I actually think if Sochan doesn't make the All Rookies, it could be because of Tari Eason, not Ivey.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Ivey's stats empty but Sochan's stats aren't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Ivey's stats empty but Sochan's stats aren't.
    Defense, high foul rate, low steal rate. Not strong enough on ball, dies on screens, bad footwork on closeouts, jumps on everything. EPM has Ivey as the most negative win player in the NBA tied with Sharpe at -2.0 eW , Sochan is at +1.4.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 03-15-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty disingenuous arguments when we're looking at teams that are deliberately tanking. I'll reserve judgement and comparisons about empty stats until we see these teams pushing to compete or if they become perennial losers.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR minimum 1 minute

1) 4.1 Walker Kessler
    2) 2.5 Tari Eason
    3) 1.5 Dyson Daniels
    4) 1.4 AJ Griffin, Jalen Williams
    6) 1.2 Benedict Mathurin, Keegan Murray,
    8) 1.0 Andrew Nemhard, Jaylin Williams
    10) 0.7 Mark Williams
    11) 0.6 Jeremy Sochan

42T) -0.1 Julian Champagnie (not lower due to PT)
    60T) -0.4 Dominick Barlow
    64T) -0.5 Jordan Hall
    74) -1.9 Blake Wesley
    77 and last) -2.2 Malaki Branham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to the Baylor channel 365sicem - imagine Sochan on this year's Baylor team who was the #2 seed without him. Sochan would be a top 3 pick I'd imagine if he stayed another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to the Baylor channel 365sicem - imagine Sochan on this year's Baylor team who was the #2 seed without him. Sochan would be a top 3 pick I'd imagine if he stayed another year.
    He could be top 3 in a year 3 re-draft of his actual draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs drafted another guy who out performed his draft position? Shocker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be top 3 in a year 3 re-draft of his actual draft.
    Good point - Banchero looks to be everything as advertised but Sochan may put up the best numbers by year 3.
    Unless next year's rookie becomes a foundational offensive piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to say it, but every single highlight there was from the most terrible D you could ever show.
    Hey, I'm glad that D was taken care of, but damn.
    Some embarrassing going on in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats assuming a lot though. Sochan's development I think is in large part a function of his growth with the Spurs development guys. His one handed FTs, his freedom to run point. His full game development including 3 pt shooting. Little to none of that happens at Baylor. He wasn't even starting and was an off ball offensive player not someone outscoring the best player on the other team and being the game's leading scorer,as he did the other night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great interview. If Sochan is that “first piece”, then what an easy kid to root for. When the season ends, I’m going to miss watching him develop game by game. Those post ups were beginning to be a thing of beauty. Hope he trains hard this summer on his footwork and ballhandling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them white socks though . He reminds me of Timmy with his own style, no care in the world, just being his own style, as opposed to DJM who cares too much what people think of him, getting pat at the back. It shows confidence in your own skin. I like when Sochan asked why Tony is still around, and that he too would like to make San Antonio his home, to bring championship(s) with the new young team, their way. I have a good feeling about the kid, that he’s the next big thing. And if we’re lucky to draft Wemby, Sochan will still be one of the “Big 3”. It’s just innate in him the leadership to carry a big responsibility.
    Last edited by John B; 03-28-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What shoes is TP wearing at the start of the clip when he's talking about Jeremy dying his hair? Is he still with Peak, or was that only for his playing days?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this video is about Jeremy, but after watching it, I can’t help but comment on Tony.

For all the talk of Tim being sort of a dork, I kind of love the fact that Tony maybe is kind of a dork too with those goofy ass superhero statues.

Also, for all the talk of Tony being an arrogant asshole, I don’t know, he comes across as pretty grounded, and at the least really loves San Antonio and being a Spur, and so as a fan, what more can you ask for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this video is about Jeremy, but after watching it, I can’t help but comment on Tony.

For all the talk of Tim being sort of a dork, I kind of love the fact that Tony maybe is kind of a dork too with those goofy ass superhero statues.

Also, for all the talk of Tony being an arrogant asshole, I don’t know, he comes across as pretty grounded, and at the least really loves San Antonio and being a Spur, and so as a fan, what more can you ask for?
    It’s so true how Spurs legends, Gervin, DRob, Elliot, Manu, TP have made San Antonio their home. And they all keep coming back to impart their wisdom and view Spurs as their team. You hear that from Tony, “we” are doing the right thing, adding pieces. There is belongingness that is not lost. I like his savviness, the way he handles his business(es). I like if he can bring that to the FO someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I agree. I've been around Tony 2x and he couldn't have been nicer, cooler or more open to people around him. Seems really grounded and took far more time than necessary with fans. Also, no one else on the team spent one second with fans on these occasions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome interview

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting this Ace - Really enjoyed the video Tony is such a cool dude always admired how he would get hammered when taking it into the paint but would keep coming back. I think Sochan will be the heart of the Spurs in the future he is very level headed and definitely a team type of guy.

Thread Information