San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Mysterious pops"

Is that you DeadlyDynasty ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not "Boom," it was a "Brrrrrrrrrrr, Pop."

The sound of Ukrainian drone dropping cigarettes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correction.

It was the deputy minister of sports, tourism, and communications who greeted Xi!
    Maybe he's the only one who speaks Chinese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a few minutes of the lighter side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s doing a lot more than begging. Look what Zelenskiy did to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

C'est la vie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, what are you playing now?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peace is coming

King Xi

Peace is coming?
    Where did you hear Russia is pulling out of Ukraine and signs a treaty never to invade again, giving reparations, and rounding up Russian war criminals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Everyone will freeze" -Vucic

The EU attempt to cap Russian gas price means “everyone will freeze” this winter, said Aleksandar Vucic

Moscow might decide to shut off gas supplies completely, if the European Union moves ahead with plans to impose a price cap, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic warned on Friday.

“If the EU makes such a decision, then Russia could decide to turn off the gas to Europe entirely, and then there will be none of it and everyone will freeze,” Vucic said, adding that the price of electricity would in that case also skyrocket from today’s €400 per megawatt-hour.

The Serbian leader’s comments came in a TV interview after his meeting with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban. Among the topics they discussed, Vucic said, was the upcoming autumn and winter, which Orban thinks will be “decisive survival in economic terms.”

Another "L" for the torture and mass murder simp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [more spluttering rage]
    soooo committed to ineffective rage. smh

back on ignore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    soooo committed to ineffective rage. smh

back on ignore.
    Why are you even responding to this nazi bootlicker. It's clear that he is only seeking attention. Let him enjoy his childish tantrums, and leave him alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you even responding to this nazi bootlicker. It's clear that he is only seeking attention. Let him enjoy his childish tantrums, and leave him alone.
    Pretty much. I have him on ignore, but occasionally will read his posts. He hasn't had anything worth reading in years, and I regret reading his stuff every time I bother looking.

It will not happen again, I am stubborn, but I have seen enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PERENNIAL SOURCES OF RUSSIAN WEAKNESS

A YEAR ago we ventured to hint that it might be worthwhile for Europe to go to war with Russia for the sake of information — in order to ascertain that is whether her strength was that of the bully or the giant — whether she was really en led to dictate and domineer as she habitually did — whether, in a word, she was mighty in virtue of her own inherent force, or only in virtue of the ignorant timidity of her foes and rivals. We pointed out several notable sources of weakness in her ins utions; we directed attention to the fact that nearly all her great acquisitions had been secured not by fighting but by bullying and intriguing; that diplomacy and not war had always been her favourite weapon; that she kept up such an enormous army on paper that all secondary States had arrived at the conclusion that resistance to her will was hopeless, but that in general she bad carefully abstained from coming into actual armed collision with any first rate Power. We expressed an opinion, too, that there was no reason whatever to suppose that her armies were as effective now as in 1815, when they were supported by the subsidies of England and trained and disciplined by wars with France; and we ventured to surmise that when they came into actual conflict with competent forces and skillful commanders they would exhibit a degree of feebleness and failure that would cause general amazement. Our su ions have now been more than realized. […]

This unexpected weakness of Russia in military matters arises from four concurring causes, of which three are inherent in her system, and, if not absolutely incurable, are at least little likely to be cured.

In the first place, the nature of the country and the want of roads. Her resources may be vast but they are scattered and remote. Her forces may be immense, but they are necessarily in great measure distant from the scene of action. […]

Secondly. The Russian armies are often armies on paper only. Not only are their numbers far fewer than are stated in returns and paid for out of the official purse, but they are notoriously ill-provided with everything necessary to the action of a soldier. The colonels of regiments and officers commissariat have a direct interest in having as large a number on the books and as small a number in the field as possible — inasmuch as they pocket the pay and rations of the between these figures. They have an interest also in the men being as inadequately fed and clothed as possible — inasmuch they pocket the difference between the sum allowed and the sum expended on the soldiers’ rations and accoutrements. The Emperor provides (or believes he does) for the food, clothing, lodging, arms and ammunition of 5 or 600,000 men; but every one of these who is or can be made non-existent is worth two or three hundred roubles to some dishonest official or officer; every pair of shoes or great coat intercepted from the wretched soldier is a bottle of champagne for the ensign or the major; every ammunition waggon which is paid for by Government, but not provided, is a handsome addition to the salary of the captain or the contractor. Robbery and peculation of this sort is universal, in every rank, in every district, in every branch. It runs through every department in the Empire; and its operation upon the efficiency of the military service may be easily imagined and cannot be easily exaggerated.

This horrible and fatal system originates in two sources — both, we fear, nearly hopeless, and certainly inherent in Russian autocracy;— the rooted dishonesty of the national character. and the incurable inadequacy of despotic power. Cheating, bribery, peculation pervade the whole tribe of officials, and are, in fact, the key-note and characteristic of the entire administration. There seems to be no conscience, and not much concealment, about it. The officers are ill paid, and of course pay themselves. Regard for truth or integrity has no part in the Russian character. We have heard those who know them well say that there are only three honest men in the Empire:— Woronzow is one, Nesselrode another — and men differ about the name of the third. We have heard Statesmen, who strongly incline towards a Muscovite alliance, say that the Russians are liars above all things: it is their spécialité. Then the power of the Autocrat, absolute as it is and vigorously as it is exercised, is utterly insufficient to meet the evil. What can a despot do who has no instruments that can be trusted? There is no middle class who pay the taxes and insist upon knowing how they are expended. There is no free Press, with its penetrating and omniscient vigilance, to compel honesty and drag offenders to light and retribution. There is only one eye over all: and that eye can of course see only a small corner of this vast Empire. What the Emperor looks at, or can visit, is well done: everything else is neglected or abused. It is the common and inevitable story wherever you have centralisation and barbarism combined.

Thirdly. The common soldiers, brave and hardy as they are, devoted to their Czar, and careless of privation, have no love for their profession, and no interest in the object of the war. If we except the household regiments, who are near the person of the Emperor, the Russian private has no zeal for glory, no taste for fighting, no pleasure in bold and exciting enterprises. He is serf, seized by the conscription, and condemned to hopeless slavery for life. He is torn from his family and his land, drilled by the knout, neglected by his officers, fed on black bread, where fed at all, always without comforts, often without shoes. How can such troops be expected to make head,— we do not say against French enthusiasm, we do not say against British resolution, we do not say against fanatical and hardy mountaineers, like Schamyl and his warriors, — but even against courageous well fed Turks, fighting for their country and their faith, and officered by competent commanders? We need not wonder to read that at Oltenitza and Silistria the Russians had to be on to the assault with menaces and blows; that general had to sacrifice their lives in an unprecedented manner in order to encourage the soldiers to make head against the foe; and that the prisoners of war begged as a mercy to be permitted to enlist in the army that had captured them rather than return to misery by being exchanged.

Lastly. There is another source of weakness in the Russian Empire. That vast State is in a great measure composed of spoils which she has torn from surrounding nations. She is a patchwork of filched and unamalgamated materials. Her frontier provinces are filled with injured, discontented, hostile populations, whom, being unable to reconcile to her rule, she has endeavoured to enfeeble and to crush; and many of whom wait, with more or less of patience and desire, the blessed day of emancipation and revenge. … Since the great Roman Empire probably, no State ever enfolded so many bitter enmities within its embrace, or was girt with such a circle of domestic foes.

Now these three last sources of Russian weakness are perennial. They belong to her as a despotism as a centralised administration, as an Empire formed by conquest and unconsolidated and unsecured by conciliation. Until, therefore, her whole system changed; till an honest middle class has been created; till her Government be liberalised and de-centralised; till a free Press be permitted and encouraged to unveil and denounce abuses; and till the rights and feelings of annexed territories be habitually respected, we do not think that Russia need henceforth be considered as formidable for aggression. She has been unmasked; it will be the fault of Europe if it dreads her, or submits to be bullied by her, any longer.
    Economist, October 14, 1854.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow, that was impressively prescient by the author. From Crimean War to now they are still a walking disaster

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The war has spilled into Russia, with explosions becoming more frequent

How long with the Russian families put up with the slaughter of their sons, sent as cannon fodder without training or equipment?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China has weapons to give Russia an edge in Ukraine – why hasn’t it?

Moscow is increasingly desperate for an infusion of lethal aid from the country that’s already serving as an economic lifeline – China.

Indeed, Beijing possesses ample, Russian-style military hardware and munitions that

could help tilt the battle in the Kremlin’s favor and

undermine efforts by Kyiv and its Western supporters to restore Ukraine’s sovereign territory.

Beijing’s view, he says, is that China and the United States “are clearly on a collision course, so we will need Russia.”

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia...-why-hasn-t-it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pentagon will expedite delivery of tanks, Patriot systems to Ukraine

The Pentagon is on track to send Abrams tanks and Patriot missile defense systems to Ukraine faster than originally planned,

the Defense Department’s top spokesman said Tuesday.

The department will send a refurbished older model of Abrams tanks to Ukraine to speed up its delivery of the weapon to the embattled country,

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...ms-to-ukraine/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Putin knows ruble is worthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team