Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time I see ace3g is the last poster in a FA thread I don't want, my heart sinks a little

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, looks like Bass got three years and $20 million. That doesn't help the Diaw negotiations . . .

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not too worried. I had basically decided that it was going to take the full MLE to keep him. It would be nice if he offered a French connection discount but if he wants it all he deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, looks like Bass got three years and $20 million. That doesn't help the Diaw negotiations . . .
    I don't see a team with cap space that would be a likely candidate to offer Boris more than the MLE. If the Spurs are prepared to go up to the full MLE, they should have no problem keeping him. Just hope they can leave enough room for a Blair-sized contract. No hope that they can fit Diaw and Lorbek into the MLE.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is fighting us for Boris " Get fat and quit on the team" Diaw. Bass contract has little impact on Boris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They offer different skill sets too. Bass is a good pick and pop PF who shoots jumpers and free throws very well, while Diaw has the whole versatility shtick (passing, 3 pointers, rebounding).

Diaw also has the tendency to do great on good teams and stink on bad teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt we have a shot at him a few years back but decided on nearly 40 year old McDyess instead?

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think one affects the other much.

1) Bass has more value to Boston than an unknown commodity. They know he "works" (depending on your definition) with the core they have in place.

2) Diaw has zero value to lottery teams given how he played in Charlotte last year. He has no value to contenders who are looking for more traditional post players at the 4. And then you have to discount him a bit more given that there has to be a concern that he'll start popping crepes like vitamins once he gets paid.

Doesn't mean he won't end up somewhere else, but I think the market will play out okay for us if that's the route we want to go with him.

Thread Information